the Rift

[OPEN] Peace Be Still

Adria Posts: 36
Absent Abyss atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 :: 3 HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Hawk
        Most strange. The strangest. So strange that she was lost in it. The pale pearl gazed across the cool blue water, her eyes like its mirror a sweet clear blue. Across the water, stretching out far for either side was land. Was it an island? It was the largest island she’d ever seen. But she had never known anything other than an island. So it must be an island right? Dainty head tilts, starring upon it as she had for a while now as she paced along the water’s edge. For most of the day the girl had simply watched the other side of the water. You see, her mind was still so lost in all the strangeness of this place.

She had stood beside the great gathering, holding herself regal and collected as father always said newcomers should be. Yet no one noticed. When she spoke no one even turned their head. Not even the seemingly kind stallion. Not to mention there were still such strange things going on as flying horses. That she really couldn’t fathom. Why did they not fall? Maybe they floated from on high. Maybe…maybe..oh but there were so many there, and just all the different sights and sounds. So many creatures…She was a bit lost. Which is why she had left. When no one had said a word, she turned and left.

So now she stood on the far side looking over at the long strip of land. Much subdued from before. Her childish romping spirit calmed by the vastness of….everything. Not to mention once again she was alone. Curled ears kept turning round, and though she heard a great lot of unknown sounds, none were the ones she knew. She should be leaping for joy. Dancing about the waves. Kicking up on the new earth. But for some strange reason her wings stayed by her sides, neatly tucked, and no wind blew through her mane. When she finally stopped on the point of the beach, everything was still but the waves.    

OOC:: Open to any to meet the poor overwhelmed bird. =] 

Imonada Posts: 61
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.1hh :: 3 (Frostfall) HP: 58 | Buff: NOVICE
Byrneve

Large gulls wheel overheard, bobbing and dipping and arcing and swooping, a cacophony of cries and squawks their score over a dull roar waxing and waning The air smells rich in brine and algae, mingling with the chlorophyll of the island's forest that runs alongside the bone-white coast. There is a faint wind, running ethereal fingers through Imonada's long dark locks and dusting salt across her lips, making fat palm leaves sway hypnotically. Tallsun in the tropics might have meant a sweltering, awful day complete with nibbling pesky little flies and seasonal lethargy, but the ocean kept the temperature in check with the aid of sheet-like clouds that rolled across the sky at a leisurely pace. She had been scouting, for it was written in the very fabric of her make-up, fully intending to make good on her plan to mentally map Helovia.

A glimmer like precious pearl along the beach catches Imonada's discerning eye; a bluey dove standing before matching waters, right down to the ivory caps of sea foam rushing around her charcoal hooves. Pulling away from a shattered coconut she had been stripping the juicy flesh from, she abandons it in the sand and strolls over to Adria as tiny crabs skitter out of her path. "Hey," she calls, her tone pleasant, if not slightly unsure. When, if, the other pegasus turns away from the stretch of endless cobalt, she'll see a small and lithe mare in complete contrast to her pale jaybird hues. "You okay?" Tilting her head, she shamelessly casts a searching look across the girl's form with sleepy boudoir sloe eyes uncomfortably bright in their intelligence. "I found some coconuts," she motions back with the tip of her slender chin. "Few are open, or at most need some prying. Want to join me?" Adria looked so lost that it resonated with her, plucking the chord of a more vulnerable place inside. Connecting with others was difficult for her, but she found it easier to interact when she was able to provide comfort or help.

"You are very pretty, by the way. Where did you come from?" She had an inkling that it was from one of the realms beyond, but getting someone to talk about themselves was her style. "Sorry. I am getting ahead of myself. I'm Imonada."

Pixel template base by BronzeHalo

@Adria HI HAWK
elizabeth: you're not telling us everything.
red: let me put your mind at ease; i'm never telling you everything.
--blacklist

force allowed
plotting prior to death/maiming please

[Image: a0jmns.png]
line art by jennyleigh

Hawk

She might has starred at the far coast for hours, wandering what it was like, wandering if she could get over there, and going through again all that absorbed her, had it not been for the low call. The girl does not jump though, for a second only a hark turns back. A bit dangerous to let another sneak up on her like that, and then not care much, but the thoughts that held her were so very strong. Finally, like a delayed reaction the girl turn from the sea.

The fine carved head looks then upon a most opposite creature. For a moment she is still silent, as she looks on this most strange but oddly beautiful being. The rich black body seemed silken in the sun, giving it a most likely halo of dark purity. Slowly a smile rose on the girl’s face to see such a love thing, and to finally be spoken to in this strange world. “Hello” Her tongue at last speaks. The thoughts still nagged her brain, pulling at her attention, but this most beautiful creature in front of her was proving a great distraction.

Usually the girl would have been bubbling with questions and gibberish about whatever was rolling though her mind. Yet with so much spinning out up there, it was hard to keep focus. The question of was she okay is perhaps more of a serious one than her reply come to reveal. The child smiles, nodding her head. “Certainly, it’s a lovely day.” Her voice perks up, as slowly the lure into conversation begins to pull her from the trance she had found herself in by the water’s edge. Even a little light wind began to pull at the tips of her mane again.

The ebony lady offers and invitation and the tasseled tail at the girl’s hips swings to life. Its all that the sweet girl ever needed to pull her from some troubling woe. A kind face, and company. “It would be a pleasure!” There was just one little hiccup-What were coconuts? Why was she trying to open them? The island of home had never had coconut trees, well nearly any trees really. But that didn’t stop the girl. She walks over with a gentle grace, though lets the ebony lady lead.

It was upon getting closer the sea blue eyes finally notice something hidden against the pitch black of the kind mare’s sides. Wings. The rich black feathers looked so lush and silken. The girl looks back up, but her mind was far from focused. This mare the girl had never seen, was she of this land? Was she one of those strange most unusual ones that flew? But before the girl could blurt it out the mare is talking again. So the child waits patiently. Being somewhere so strange, and with a stranger the lessons of manners were finding split seconds to weasel their way into her brain.

Curled ears lean back a bit bashful at the compliment, but inside the small girl’s heart blooms. It was a small compliment, but like that tiny suggestion it was all that was needed to patch the lost girl’s spirit. It was a good thing too, the question after it posed a bit a struggle. But now the girl was gaining her usual self back and the reply did not take long, though its actual answer was a sticking point. “Well I’m not from here. I…well I’m not sure were I came from. It was always home. Are you from here?” Now the girl was awake, and going, and the questions began to bubble out. “Where is here? Is that place over there an island too? I saw a horse fly with wings, can you do that?”  Every stopped up thought that lead her to the lost now sprung forth, and her face was light and bright to be asking them. The pure spark of her spirit unable to keep down.

It was though rather rude, as the silken mare reminded her by the comment of her name. The curled ears fall slightly. How could she be so foolish! She hadn’t even asked for the mare’s name! How rude was that? Father would be so ill tempered if he knew. Still once going again the light in her was hard to be put out. ”Oh right, my name is Adria, but you can call me Ava.” Her dainty head dips slightly and raises with a playful smile. This was more like it. Perhaps the suddenness of her mood swing would be cause for concern. Was she glad for a distraction from her fate? But knowing the girl it is more likely just a product of who she was. As fast shifting as the wind above the waves.

OOC:: I'M SO SORRY FOR THE NOVEL And I'm still figuring her out so sorry for the awkwardness @Imonada  

Imonada Posts: 61
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.1hh :: 3 (Frostfall) HP: 58 | Buff: NOVICE
Byrneve

When Adria agrees to come along, Imonada appears blessed, her smile radiant and white among her fine dark features. No motive, or pretense; something about their exchange felt organic and comfortable. Still, she does not miss it when the girl fails to provide a direct answer to her inquiry, but she makes no fuss. "Good, very good. They are very healthy, you know." Her voice takes on a drawn, singsong quality as she makes motion to head back toward the gently sloped berm with its spotty grasses. She waits for her new friend to catch up before going much further, though, conducting another inspection of her form in the meantime; the way her gleaming coat looks like frosty morn, faint splatters of white dawn stars, exotic blues drawing the eye to chiseled legs and a sleek felid tail with a beautiful crest of gossamer strands of raw silk. It was not a lustful perusal, but instead the devoted admiration of a connoisseur; Imonada's appreciations ran the gamut and were not always shared by her peers, but all her delights held something special unto themselves. Adria was no exception. When she catches up, the shorter mare sets a strolling pace and they leave paired prints in the sands.

Her limpid gaze is searching Adria's own icy depths, two royal crystals faceted onto a refined and delicately pale face. "Hmm. I think you are a long way from your home." She looks out then as if on cue, toward the long stretch of land out in the distance, sitting as it always does, today behind a thin pillowing of fog over the Halcyon Flats directly north. The waters between are calm today; they could swim across to the continent for the channel was not terribly wide, as she herself had crossed it to reach the bundle of islands twice already. The first had been a spiritual pull toward her herd land's patron god as he returned from the cursed riftlands, where that wretched fallen tiger goddess had fought her very last. "But that is okay. If I have learned anything about this place, it's that it becomes a new home for many. Oh. Sorry. We're in Helovia. At least this part of the world is Helovia. I mean, we're on an island, and that big land over there is Helovia... but I think this is part of Helovia now too. According to the Gods... and I'll not be arguing with them any time soon." She was more animated than normal, even if that was still a bit subdued, infusing herself with the wonderful feeling of the warm breeze and ocean spray kissing her hide from the endlessly crashing waves. Not to mention a companion by her side growing more interesting and delightful by the moment. It was invigorating. "No," she says more softly, responding to the question about her origins. "But I much prefer it here. I mean I haven't been kicked out of my group yet, and that's one up on my family's clan," she laughs breathily, brushing off the stinging truth and betrayal in her words. 

"Oh. In theory, I can fly, but I personally had an accident when I was a wee lass." She stops dead in her tracks when what was asked is allowed to sink in, and peers over to check out Adria's dusty wings. They looked okay; even an untrained eye could see that one of her own wasn't quite right. "Wait. Can you not fly?" Her expression is half parts amused and half parts quizzical, but then she is off again and entering the circle of palm trees with trunks lean and swooped. Littered around on the ground were a few sizable coconuts pale brown, their girth perhaps influenced by the leaking magics inherit in Helovia and Rift engaged as they were in violence and power. One coconut gets singled out by the little chat noir and she trots over it, a bounce in her step, only to kick it over to Adria's feet. "This variety isn't too tough. Squish it, then eat the inside!"

She is driving into the one she had abandoned prior, scraping her teeth across the soft flesh and stripping it down to a husk. In between eating, she looks up to see Adria's progress. "I am glad to have met you, Adria. I am curious. What do you last remember between home and the beach?"

Pixel template base by BronzeHalo

@Adria <333
elizabeth: you're not telling us everything.
red: let me put your mind at ease; i'm never telling you everything.
--blacklist

force allowed
plotting prior to death/maiming please

[Image: a0jmns.png]
line art by jennyleigh

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
unarchived per request
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

Hawk

Coconuts are very healthy. The girl tries to write the mental note. Right, but still what are they? The girl was well trained not to let the confusion show and as the other motions and walks, she follows, happily. She was very glad to be around another again. She liked her adventure alone very much, all the strange creatures she had seen made it so interesting! But, a bit of company not wouldn’t be too bad. As they walk the sea blue eyes settle on those wings. Somehow they looked so lovely tucked so neat against the other’s sides. There were not many black horses back home, and most were equines she rarely saw. So you’ll forgive her as her eyes linger. So wrapped up in those glances she does not notice the lingering eyes of the other.

A long way from home. Well, she had guessed that, but the breeze about the tips of her mane stilled. But then this sweet company speaks up more. And the girl is very glad for it, otherwise she might have drifted off again. The girl listened very intently, for this is what she desired so much to know. Her gaze follows the other’s speech and looks to the lands across. Helovia. It was a rather pretty name. Rolled off the tongue well. Now she felt rather silly calling her home, home. Perhaps it needed a name too! But she didn’t know how to name home. Maybe she would think of one soon.

The girl turns back as the other speaks again, her curled ears listening most curiously. So she wasn’t from here either! Oh that was nice. Nice not to be the only one not from her-Helovia. If the dark woman had meant anything more by her words, it didn’t catch with the child. She instead only joins in the laughter, thinking it all sincere, and just glad to have a friend by her side. “I should like to explore it all. Maybe I’ll like it too!” And there was a hope, deeper than perhaps she even realized, that hoped with all its might that were true. Especially if she was as far from home as the other believed.

But the conversation was moving on. She had asked a good many questions, and though just as many more were bubbling up, she desperately wanted to know the answers to the first. It was obvious to the pale girl that she had an untrained eye, for she had been so wrapped in the black silken beauty of her friend that she quite saw past any difference. The shock doubled her reaction. Her face fell, and the wind about her immediately dropped. “An accident? Of course that’s what happens. I can’t imagine the others here have not figuring that out. I saw some fly.” She smiles like a daft girl she was. But her experiences had always been built upon the tales of the great Pegasus crashing into the water, grabbed by the invisible hand of the sea.

So when the black woman asked the girl’s spirits were up, and she takes it lightly, despite the other’s face. Her laugher rolls ad her head dips, and it begins the soft breeze again. Her wings lift from her sides, and the metal guards, studded with pearls glint and spark in the sunlight. “With these! I wouldn’t dare! The god of the sea would see me to his depths, and father says he’s absolutely horrible when he’s angry.” She looked at the other like she had lost her mind, when really it was the other way around. For you see, the lies of her paranoid, twisted, sick father, had wound themselves in very deep.

As her wings tuck back as they come to a strange grouping of stones, but then the dark beauty kicks one her way. The girl starts but her eyes don’t leave it. It comes to rest against her hooves. Not wishing to look the fool, but doing so anyway, she pretends to know what she is doing. Her head dips and her tongue slips out to taste it, just as the other speaks. Though it was too late. Her face sours and tongue retreats. Squish it? Curled ears lean back but she is not one to give in. One cloven raises and with great delight smashes on the brown hairy stone. It cracks much to her surprise, and a white liquid oozes out. She looks to the black dove with the greatest delight, then dives in too.

When the black beauty speaks the girl is happily snacking away at the white coconut flesh. So the words, and the last bit of seriousness was almost lost to her. “I’m very glad to have met you too!” She almost didn’t catch the other question. It tags on like a nag. Oh, what does she remember? Here she pauses. Her curled ear flicks back. It seemed so long ago…OH! “Virgil!” She shouts in excited, her tasseled tail swishing again happily. “We were playing tag as the storm came up” She spoke so nonchalantly, so carefree. “I won!” She smiles quite happily, and then returns to her coconut, as if it was nothing. After a second she pauses, and turns her broad smile back to the black lady. “Hey, have you seen Virgil?” She asks, but only as in passing tone. That was the closest she ever came to a lie. For her breathe actually held waiting for the answer.

OOC:: I'M SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT  

@Imonada