the Rift

[OPEN] How Far We've Come [Welcoming]

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

It was a relief to finally get out of the threshold after such a tension filled meeting with the two Basin mares and the newcomer otherwise known as Tamorin. Kiara lagged behind wanting to be sure that one of them wouldn't get some nasty idea in their head and try and attack them, despite reassurance that they would do no such thing. Once she got an idea in her head it was next to impossible to change it but that could be said for all women. They tended to be stubborn as hell and would not submit to logic ninety nine percent of the time. Laughing to himself at the whole situation between the mares and his bonded he couldn't have asked for a more entertaining encounter. Leading the way the grey brute tried to keep his large stride in check so as not to accidently lose Tamorin somewhere in the forest. It was actually fairly easy to keep walking in circles and not know you were doing it thanks to the ever so thick undergrowth in some areas.

It took a little bit before they finally were able to leave the forest behind them and enter upon the entrance to the Fall's but it was well worth the journey. As the hills rose up around them he paused to look over to his new friend wondering what he thought so far. "Well here we are, welcome home." He said offering the boy a reassuring smile. "If you have any questions I am more than happy to answer them." Silver eyes turned from the bay to the lovely scenery taking in the many parts of his home that he would never tire of seeing on a daily basis. Sighing contentedly he inhaled a lungful of the sweet moisture rich air before turning to see where Kiara had gotten herself. Initially it was difficult to spot his black and white tigress slinking through the grass but his trained eyes had learned things to look out for. The subtle swish of Kiara's tail would occasionally rustle the grasses causing them to sway while other times the faintest flash of white was enough to give away her position. Satisfied that she was not too far behind them now he turned to dip his muzzle down to the fresh water taking a swig. "So tell me a little more about yourself? Do you have any inspirations as to what you might like to do?" He asked once he had drank his fill and turned towards Tamorin.

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Tamorin •• NOTES: Sorry for the wait ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Tamorin Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
TAMORIN

Tamorin couldn't have been more happy to escape the binding forest of the Threshold. He'd spent so long wandering the forest aimlessly that he had latched onto the first sign of life in the form of Rikyn. Though Rikyn was not all as he seemed and there was something about him that Tamorin couldn't quite place his hoof on, but it rubbed him the wrong way. So without little persuasion, Tamorin ended up setting off with Ciceron and his fearsome companion Kiara. The white tigress lagged behind them as they left the group in the Threshold and even though he was certain he could trust the tiger not to turn upon him, it did unsettle him to have her out of his line of sight. He tried to hide his discomfort though through a gentle smile, but he couldn't help but check behind him every so often. He kept up easily with the grey stallion's long strides as long as he didn't get lazy and begin to drag his feet, that was. 

Eventually the tall, ancient trees fell away from them in curtains and for the first time in what felt like weeks, Tamorin could see the horizon. He sighed gratefully, but made sure not to stop, his eyes large as they looked into the clear sky ahead. It took a little while but eventually they made it to the Hidden Falls. The land changed drastically from a forest filled with tall trees to many hills that intersected with one another, creating an unusual but beautiful landscape. "It's quite beautiful." Tamorin commented finally, drawing his gaze to Ciceron, who welcomed him. A small grin emerged as excitement brewed within him. "Thank you," he drew his gaze away and onto the land once more. Enjoying the warmth of the open air and being able to see the sky much more clearly. He squared off his shoulders, taking in a deep breath of the fresh air. He sighed then, dropping his nose to the cool water as the grey did. His ears swivelled to Ciceron as the stallion spoke and it was another minute or so before Tamorin lifted his head to reply. 

Ciceron wanted to know more about him, about what he wanted to do, though that was a question not easily answered. Before the old man had died and before ending up in the Threshold, Tamorin was apart of a band of rogue horses. They caused trouble wherever they went, but little Tamorin had never been anything more than a mouse in the back, trying his hardest to impress his elders while all at the same time wondering what kind of pain the group caused. His brow darkened for a moment, then he brushed the thoughts away. "I...don't have much to go on, but I did a little bit of fighting here and there." He said after a moment, though he wasn't sure if he wanted to continue down that road or not. Now that he was gone...perhaps there was something more he could achieve? But he knew not of what it was, so instead gave a sheepish shrug of his shoulders. 

@Ciceron
Apologies about the wait! I've got rsi in my right wrist and it has been playing up quite a bit as of late so i've found it difficult to do heaps of typing <3 ;u;

Imonada Posts: 61
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.1hh :: 3 (Frostfall) HP: 58 | Buff: NOVICE
Byrneve

As usual in her downtime, Imonada is baked out of her gourd; but instead of lolling about as she did during the immediate and hallucinatory effects of her favorite poison, hours later she is now enjoying a surge of energy doubled by the numbing of pain and the freedom it reveals. Disused wings leave her with well-exercised muscle in the legs, and she uses them today, winding adroitly through the forests of Hidden Falls only to burst out of the bushes in a full canter that leads her straight into a pond, crashing nosily. Surprised ducks take to air with angry mutterings, leaving her alone to tame her heavy breathing and watch the water settle back into its glassy form. But she isn't alone; voices direct her attention to the shore, where she spots Ciceron and someone unfamiliar entering the glade. "Ciceron!" She calls to him with a hint of laughter in her voice.

As he and the chocolate-hued neophyte dip their snouts down to drink, she begins slithering closer, leaving a 'V' in her wake as she slowly swims inland. "HeeelllloooooOOoo," the small black mare directs at Tamorin. "Who is this?" She blinks owlishly and comes right to the shore, but doesn't make a move to exit the water--nor does she look like she is about to any time soon. Raven-silk tendrils plaster to her strong neck and refined, albeit mutty, features; the dark wet feathers lining her breast shimmer with a faint midnight blue as light reflects off the water, their jewel iridescence on display for the whole world. Or at least the two stallions and the tigress, crouched in the tall grass that spills out from the surrounding forest. "Oh, pardon me. I am Imonada. I am a Marauder for our herd. I spy..." She narrows her eyes playfully at the new unicorn, obviously sizing him up with a sweep of her abyssal gaze. "On everyone." There is a heated pause, then she giggles airily, a sound that tinkles, so unlike her sober self.

"Anyway, I overheard you say you've done some fighting. How are you with that? Everyone here has a role, but you are free to choose what you'd like to do. We have fighters, spies, healers, creators, and priests. Don't worry if you aren't terribly skilled; you'll be trained, and guided." Suddenly her expression shifts into something warm and gentle. "Welcome to Hidden Falls, my friend. You will be cherished here."

Looking back to the grey, she smiles at him. "How was the journey? You both must be tired. Hungry?"

"Talk."

@Ciceron
elizabeth: you're not telling us everything.
red: let me put your mind at ease; i'm never telling you everything.
--blacklist

force allowed
plotting prior to death/maiming please

[Image: a0jmns.png]
line art by jennyleigh

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Patiently waiting for his newest recruit to speak the grey took the time to check back in with Kiara to see if she picked up on anything of concern. To his relief yet disappointment she had nothing more to report than the random sightings of what she was planning to eat later on. You know that expression, too much information, ya well that tended to be many conversations for he had no desire to know what she was eating just as long as she was eating. The joys of a carnivore living with herbivore there were always things that the other had zero interest in, for Kiara the latest annoyance he had found was to be the chance to flirt and look at mares again. It was always a pleasure to look around and take in the natural beauties now that his options had drastically freed up over the last couple months, not that he wanted anything to do with jumping back into that fieldwork anytime soon. The last drama filled relationship had been enough to turn him off the idea of any relationship for quite awhile but who could really blame him? In a way he did want to get involved with someone just so he could flaunt it in Parelia's face but he was a bigger stallion than that and couldn't be bothered with creating more drama plus he had Areli to think about.

Just as Tamorin finished speaking a familiar face came bounding up, ok maybe not really bounding but rather staggering? Watching Imonada speculatively he couldn't quite figure out what was going on with her between the ataxic walk and the ... the over exuberance in her tone. "Imonada?" He greeted with a slight hint of a questioning inquiry into her state of mind still allowing his head to dip gracefully and a soft welcoming smile to turn his lips. Something was definitely off but he couldn't quite put his hoof on it until Kiara flashed him a memory of the way Oxy used to walk. Surely she couldn't be... Sighing softly with a chuckle he could only shake his head thinking what he was getting himself into. How had he suddenly gone from champion to AA meeting coach in the blink of an eye? Well at least she wasn't as bad as dealing with both Oxy and Rostislav, together they really knew how to bring down a room.

Allowing Imonada to finish he tried to fill in the gaps of information she had left out here and there. "Imonada is a spy, but her job isn't to pry into everyone's lives like you might think. She helps to keep the herd safe." He tried to explain so the poor stallion wouldn't become paranoid about someone constantly watching him. That's all they needed was to start a conspiracy that Imonada and the spies were always watching you, like how creepy would that be. "As she explained there are many available opportunities for you to gain some valuable skills should you wish. No need to worry about that right now though, you can think on it and just let one of us know when you are ready. Ktulu and I are in charge of the warriors, Brisa for the crafters, Resplendence for the Healers, and Knox for the spy ranks. Kaj and Archibald make up our highest ranks as leaders." Looking back to the black mare as she once again spoke he couldn't help but chuckle at her apparent concern over everyone's current state. If this was her on something she was actually kind of fun he mused silently.

"The journey wasn't too eventful but I'm sure that Tamorin might be able to use some rest and relaxation." He commented hoping that he wasn't inadvertently turning him over to the wolves so to say.

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Tamorin , @Imonada •• NOTES: ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.