the Rift

[PRIVATE] This Prison Life

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

The sun was out, bright, and warm. Every corner of the Basin reveled in it. Even the usually cold mountains seemed less chilly and harsh in the warm afternoon light. All seemed to welcome the warmth and take a break from the harsh life of the north. All except the golden. Through the back of the valley in the shadows he wanders keeping out of the sunlight and plain sight.

How long had it been since he had done anything normal such as walking the boarders of the lands? For so long he had been tracing after the battles of new world. The last one he didn’t even fight in. The gold had slipped in as another, but once the fight broke out, slipped off. He was up for an adventure, but wounding himself just after getting well. Now normality was returning. Such as feeling his breath (almost) solidly within his grasp. (It still came a bit raspy during a run.) He should be feeling his oats, jogging in the sun, and embracing the power his was beginning to feel in his legs again. Haldir was. The deer trotted out a little more in the sun, but kept up. Though his back was still short of hair, it felt the glorious sun.

There was still a good bit not normal though. The mountains had always been an escape, a hideaway. But now more than ever their towering rocks loomed over him. Watching him. Never letting their gaze rest. And sleep came less and less. His whole body still ached though no ill pressed it anymore. A heaviness weighed on his breath and eyes, but when he lay upon the wolf skin, no easement came. The ailments were not just physical either. A shadow trailed his steps, haunting him in the light. The coat of the ghost glimmering sometimes in a hue of pink, sometimes in a pure white. He would glimpse it in the late afternoon or early morn, but when he turned to look, it would always be gone. And his whole body would be arrested and taunt.

So his mind revolves as normal, but finds itself frozen and suffocated. Culled before it can get anywhere. It might have gone on like that, had he not nearly fallen on his face. The cloven hoof hits metal and it nearly jolts the golden forward. Haldir from the sun beyond senses a change, and stops alert, then moves. “What the hell-“ The gold steadies himself, shaking his crowned head as he wakes up from his daze. He finds a pile of rocks, cascading out from a cave. A long sigh rolls off. That was normal. Cave collapses were a risk of their way of life. But something caught his eye, a metal door lay swung open, its bars slightly bend. Haldir trots up to join the gold and looks with a most curious eye. What that? His voice comes through in elvish. The gold stares for a moment before his shoulders sag. Prison cell.

It fit everything just perfectly. Harks twitch irritated. Just another thing. And it irked him to see another thing crumbled and unused. The sentinels at the gates were rusted, the tent always empty, now this. It was just another thing. Another responsibility. Gods. He thinks for a moment, his mind finally waking up to the truth of his misery. Or at least one of them.

What do? The voice of Haldir interrupts the golden’s thoughts. The golden even jumps slightly, and the deer is surprised to see it. The young buck can feel a change, a shiver, and shift in the air. A restlessness growing more intense. The gold moves out from the wall slightly, his voice rising above the warm summer air. "Johnny!" The crafter, this was his job. Not the golden. The Laurelin was feeling a tingle in his bones, a new wind against his coat, and he would make this as short and fast as he could. Haldir, standing to the side, watching, curious, says nothing. But his keen heart beats faster. 

"Ta lk?"
we live like thieves
     kings among men

@Johnny

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
Holy gummy bears do I hate summer. What is appealing about this season? Nothing! That’s what! It’s a terrible burden on the year and if there’s a particular god that it’s charge of it I might just need to go have a talk with them because this is getting ridiculous. I don’t leave the Basin anymore because there’s a high probability that I’ll melt if I left. Luckily, we’re far enough north here that even the sun is just vaguely warm. I could probably even get away with sunbathing but I only risk it in the early morning and late afternoon - just as the sun is starting to hide behind the mountains again. So I’ve kind of turned into a night owl except I don’t really like to sleep during the day so this entire season is just one bundle of awkward.

I probably would have ignored the fact that someone was calling my name if WAIT

CALLING MY NAME?! Well swedish fishsticks as if I’m going to sit around in my cave with my bundles of fleece and not answer that call. It was totally worth melting, if that were possible. Fortunately it wasn’t quite that warm but I still hurried as quickly as my little pink legs could go!

And well, wouldn’t you know that the one who called forth my name with such joy, such vigor, was none other than our handsome, golden king. I hurry to join him near the uh… cave-thing but to be honest I’m not really looking at it. I’m looking at him! “Thranduil! How wonderful to see you today, how are you? And how are you?” Because what, like I’m not going to say hello to the adorable little deer creature? I still don’t really understand the whole ‘companion’ thing and so far, every companion I’ve ever met has never spoken back to me. I think they’re a little shy around me so I’ve decided to be extra sweet to them.
sweet sugar candyman
image credits

@Thranduil
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

It takes a moment, as to be expected, but it feels like an eternity. Teeth grind and nash as the golden’s tasseled tail flicks at his sides. His legs no longer felt content to stand upon rocks and frost. His back no longer accepting the weight of the mountains above. Haldir was the first to spy the crafter, but not in the usual way. The deer’s nose twitches, and it is the sense to lead him to the sugary sweet crafter. Large ears raise up, and those pale moon eyes grow large with the scent. The golden was no as impressed. His crowned head turns to the coming creature. He had never dealt with this crafter before. Ulrik had always been so business like, and this one, well, it was very much different.

They had not met formally, at least that the candyman knew, but the golden had stood in the body of another last winter at Falls, and seen the sweet heart that was this horse. He still didn’t know how to take the creature’s continued upbeat attitude against such a harsh land. Add that to his restlessness and he was put in an awkward spot as the creature strode up happily.

The gold nods back to the chirper greeting, letting Haldirs happy face do duty for two. The dark deer always did love it when others noticed him, and this was no exception. His tail begins to swing, his smile grown, and more and more his nose was twitching. The sweet air had grown stronger. It brought him closer to the new comer.

The gold ignores the stag for now. “Johnny.” His hips shift awkwardly. Why when he was so used to commanding power was he stumbling? So he just cut to the chase. “This cave made a fine prison once. Seems it could use some restoration.” Haldir while they were taking was creeping closer to Johnny, his nose twitching away. “A lock and key, and perhaps one new bar should do after the rocks are cleaned out.” Closer and closer Haldir tried to creep, his lips beginning to lick. “The throat might trade for them for- HALDIR!” The dark deer had been ever so close to a lick froze and looked at the golden. The gold only stared hard upon his bonded for a moment. It was just another instance of deer embarrassing him yet again.

Snorting the gold turns back. “See what you can do for me.” And then he was off without another word. Spinning round he trots high and long off to right for his cave. The itch growing stronger. Haldir though was still frozen where he had been. He watches the golden go and then looks to the candyman. His eyes almost pleading. A snack for the road?

"Ta lk?"
we live like thieves
     kings among men

@Johnny Sorry its been too long love, if this has already been done please just ignore me. XD

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
I appreciated the task, and the fact that Thranduil seemed to think that I was capable of clearing out rock out of it, but I had a feeling a lot of what he asked for was going to require help from outside sources. Perhaps some of those fine Basin warriors would be willing to help me out! “Can I ask for assistance from some of the other ranks?” I mean, I’m pretty sure some of the rubble in there was the size of me and I definitely was going to need a little help.

He was just starting to explain something about the Throat (who’s throat? his throat? my throat?) when all of a sudden he was YELLING.

The sudden shout made me jump like, fifty feet in the air because it surprised me so much. Pretty sure there’s a little sugar outline on the ground of where my candy coated skin had fallen off due to the shock. I turned around to see what the ruckus was about to see the deer looking all shy. “Oh hey there little fella!” Well not that I could blame him for wanting to get a little taste. It really didn’t bother me at all, and certainly not nearly as much as it seemed to bother our dear Lord here.

Next thing I know, before I can even talk it out with him anymore or ask any of the questions that I had, Thranduil was turning around and leaving. Rude.

No small talk? Not even a chance? Why sure Thranduil, I love being ordered around.

I mean I do, especially when it’s coupled with what was totally going to turn into a kinky little sex prison for the Basin’s recreational use, but I’m a little insulted at how this whole business was being handled.

Haldir hasn’t left yet though and I look to him and give him a frustrated little shrug. Men. But, you know, I’m certainly not heartless. So I give a little flick of my tail and invite the sweet little deer to take a small bite - it wouldn’t hurt at all from the tail. “Go ahead, I won’t tell.” I could have secrets with the companions of the Basin folk, right?
come with me, honey
I'm your sweet sugar candyman
image credits
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts