Imonada Posts: 61
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.1hh :: 3 (Frostfall) HP: 58 | Buff: NOVICE
Byrneve

my, my simple sir, this ain't gonna work
mind my wicked words and tipsy topsy slurs
i can't take this place, no i can't take this place
i just wanna go where i can get some space

She was going to make a map of Helovia, she decided. Not a physical map; but one she'd have full, private access to in her head. 

Well, in a little bit, that is.

A sea of thistle in lavish shades of stately mauve, as far as the eye could see, bobs gently in the evening breeze that slowly drains away the day's heat. Evening has come to descend upon the meadow, the sinking sun dragging the indigo blanket of dusk down across the horizon. A few remote planets blaze in the sky, scattered like dice, while jagged clouds glow violently in reds and yellows. Deep shadows are becoming norm, transforming into darkness. Imonada stood amidst it all, taking in the beauty; admiring the way the falling light turned each bloom incandescent, feeling so bleak in comparison, belonging in the colorless world of night. It smelled damp and cool over cloying sweetness of the flowers, a faint promise of rain. Quiet, with only the chirp of crickets to fill the air, she can hear her thoughts much too loud.

She's on the move again, silky and slender, cutting through the field with a stroll; the flickering embers of fireflies reflect green along her black figure as she passes by. Bent reeds in the distance lead her closer, as does the murmur of the river's northern tine. Lovely crimson Cobra's Tongue would be there, hidden among the cattails like little treasures left just for her to find. She could almost taste its bitter, spicy flavor upon her tongue; could almost see the brilliant kaleidoscope the world would come in, fractals of reality. It didn't take her long nosing along the bank, scouring its edges like a bloodhound, for her to come upon a cluster with petals bright and inviting. She takes one, savoring it, the characteristic burn searing her mouth as she chews it, before holding it under her tongue to absorb the chemicals quickly.

It starts with a buzz inside her skull that radiates outward, toward the rest of her body. Then euphoria that makes her feel like she was flying --she remembered doing it once, when she was young, the one attempt that led to her accident and crippling-- instead of simply desiring to, a strange confidence taking hold. Everything around her shrinks away, the electric power coursing through her veins blurring the ache in her wing, giving her a muscle-melting pleasure that could not be replicated elsewhere than in this dimension the Cobra takes her to. It soothes her troubled soul, puts the pieces back together again, and swaddles her with a touch of divinity. True to her hopes, the twilight pops with radiant hues and she can feel the earth breathing through her.

Somehow she finds herself lying among the clover and weeds, watching the river, neon-blue and glittering to her, lazily roll by.

truth be told
i've been here, i've done this all before
i take your gloom
i curl it up and puff it into plumes

Pixel template base by BronzeHalo

@Naerys and anyone else!
elizabeth: you're not telling us everything.
red: let me put your mind at ease; i'm never telling you everything.
--blacklist

force allowed
plotting prior to death/maiming please

[Image: a0jmns.png]
line art by jennyleigh

Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie
WE ARE THE BEAUTIFUL MISTAKE

Naerys has been working on her own internal map of Helovia ever since she'd been weaned. Over the course of around six months, she's made a fair amount of progress. Even so, there is more for the girl to discover. But wouldn't that always hold true? The Helovian Gods chose to expand, snatching lands from other places in the same fashion a bully might steal from those perceived as weak. It stands to reason, then, that they could change this place at any time, for any reason. Pieces of land would come, others would go and she'd be left to adjust her map. Fortunately, she'd been blessed with her father's sense of direction instead of her mother's tendency to get lost.

Challenge accepted.

After the battle with the massive Tiger, she eventually returned home only to be healed and given the usual worried mother speech. It isn't like it wasn't expected nor was it undeserved. Naerys is, technically, too young to be throwing herself into battles meant for adults. She, in her youth, is more fragile and more easily shattered - as the younger, pale filly so aptly demonstrated. In an attempt to appease her mother, the girl stuck around home for a day or two before the wanderlust practically threw her across the shattered glass wall surrounding the Edge. It isn't surprising, really. Naerys usually found it difficult to remain so still when there was so much left to explore, so much left to know and understand. The apparent stiffness from her now healed injuries is, largely, gone - relieved by the cool mists of the Moon Goddess. Yet the girl chooses to walk anyway, finding a small amount of solace in the connection of her hooves on the warm soil (and granting her mother a trail of flowers to follow should she worry).

She sets out before dusk begins to creep in, her slender form flitting gracefully over the remains of the wall. Dainty hooves step lightly, leaving small patches of passionflowers in her wake; even grounded her movement is graceful, especially with her large wings so carefully folded at her sides. The girl moves south and east, quickly covering the fairly short distance to the meadow situated near the middle of Helovia. That's when she pauses, careful to check the area for potential danger (if only to delay the 'I told you so' speech from mother). Her teal eyes scan her surroundings, watching the color drain from the world as darkness settles in. Fireflies blink in and out of visible existence, twinkling like earthbound stars across the meadow. Everything appears peaceful. Everything seems just fine. Satisfied, she moves forward again until she pulls alongside the river's northern tine. The raven mare had been so thoroughly hidden amongst the clover and weeds that the girl didn't notice her until she stood directly across from her on the other side of the river. A subtle movement alerted the yearling to her presence first, followed by her scent and somehow she manages to maintain her composure (on the outside; internally she jumped). Her gaze slides casually over the small, dark mare before lingering on her face. "Oh, hey."

SO I DON'T CARE IF IT KILLS ME TONIGHT
Image Credits

Sorry for the delay! D:
@Imonada

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Imonada Posts: 61
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.1hh :: 3 (Frostfall) HP: 58 | Buff: NOVICE
Byrneve

The mousy pitter-patter of rain, a child's voice calling her name; then tall bodies standing all in a row, each dusted in thousands of effervescent haloes, all in unique colors, many that she could never hope to explain yet somehow perceived. But before long they begin to coalesce and morph, with a slickness in movement like slippery oil, into one entity no longer sporting any ethereal crown. Of any color. It bears down upon as one cancerous mass. In that awful, disappointing way of dreams she can not flee or move with any urgency. Legs weighted down with leaden shoes and her wings, in nightmare as in the waking world, fail her. The betrayal of body and command leaves her cold and bereft, numbing her just before she is to be swallowed whole, the taint pouring into her lungs and filling everything with all-consuming darkness.

As a bruised-plum twilight descends, so does the song of night arise. Seemingly out of nowhere, lightning bugs streak about like ephemeral comets in the swirling ink blot of other crepuscular insects hovering by the riverside. Having fallen into slumber, Imonada dreams of the maniacal time possessed by that black-lung disease. Naery's approach and momentary alarm is beyond reach for the slight raven pegasus, but as soon as the paint speaks she is jarred awake with a sharp intake of breath nearly desperate and wild. Dark eyes wide and radiant peer up to meet a cool, bright gaze set in fae features like gemstone fixtures. She takes a moment to stare, quickly gathering information on the girl before her. Her age and gender surmised; appearance, scent, voice filed away; her potential for aggression measured. Naerys' youth is obvious, from her fit form to her luminous energy. Thoughts of her own sister crawl into her mind, but she pushes them aside with a cruel swiftness, sparing herself in the meantime.

"Hey," she responds after a few beats just shy of awkward; her hail more bland, slow, but pleasant all the same. Thin clouds stripe the horizon, their bellies still faintly burning like embers, and shadows swarms the two of them as one shrill scream of a frog ignites a chorus of similar cries. Imonada looks away, out toward the river; a velvety rich midnight-blue that shivers in the dwindling light. "So," she draws out, "What kind of trouble are you looking for?" When she looks back to regard the white-splashed bay again, her expression is both roguish and genuinely curious. It's something in the way her brow twists.

@Naerys
elizabeth: you're not telling us everything.
red: let me put your mind at ease; i'm never telling you everything.
--blacklist

force allowed
plotting prior to death/maiming please

[Image: a0jmns.png]
line art by jennyleigh