the Rift

[OPEN] I did the thing [quest turn in - Earth]

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

She had done as she was asked. And more, in her own mind.

Her task had started off simple enough - gather water and crystal. That wasn't hard. What had come after?

The invasion? The Rift? That was hard.

She hadn't even properly been able to due her 'duty' as Storyteller of the Falls, because her Father was absent (that was both a blessing and a curse). But no longer. Battle after battle, Isopia had defended and fought for what she believed to be write. She had defended the polar bear and fought all others, based on how her understanding of the situation and its entailed morality, had changed.

Her Father had given her an egg, and it was then that she knew her quest would take even longer. Surely she could not show up demanding her Father's obligation be fulfilled, with her own responsibility bound fragile-y inside of a shell. And so she had waited that out too - remaining on the Isles that he ushered into existence - for the creature to hatch.

Hubris sat on her large withers, tangling and untangling her mane with a child-like delight. He was marked, as was she, with earth. Both had come from the Earth, and both, according to her Father's orchestration, were destined to be together.

"Now we wait. He will know that we are here." Isopia said allowed. Part of her was actually pleased to have someone to constantly talk to. Her inner monologue was often rather boring - speaking out loud just felt better to her, for some hard to specify reason.

Upon the shores of the veins, the girl waited. Her large golden eyes regarded Hototo's tree, yet she gave it a wide birth. She knew that Hubris had been meant for her brother - a bronze dragon was his birth right - and yet it sat upon her shoulders. Everything that should have been his, had been given to her. Even the name of her companion - pride - that belonged to Hototo too.

The dragon shrugged and continued to play, hiding his messy accomplishments beneath his large bronze wings.

Turning in this quest: Stormy Harbours.

You will need to go into the caves and bring me back crystal that hangs from the ceiling and water from the deep forest. Once I have these, I will make you your shoes. Please be careful with the caves, however. Take only what you need.”

-- Gathering Crystal Thread
-- Water gathering - made a container out of rock to carry the water

Iso was questing for:

:: [Item: 4 horse shoes | Magical horse shoes that protect plant and animal life from being crushed by the wearer.]

ISOPIA
IN REALITY'S SHADOW THE BLIND SEE BEST
Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

He’d known she would approach him soon. She was not prone to distraction, and her quests would be concise, especially for small but meaningful gifts such as the shoes she sought. He and his siblings had been attentive and on edge, and the God welcomed the brief distraction conversing with his daughter would bring.

Astute as she was, Isopia was correct in assuming he would know when she approached. She need not wait long either, for he sensed her presence and her purpose before she entered the Veins. The waves at the cliffs of the Veins rose behind the broken shrines, taking shape and form as the God stepped out and onto the stone before her. Water dripped from his beard and mane, feathers wet but magnificent and hide like shining mud. The God gazed down upon his daughter, the bronze creature upon her withers and the items he’d asked of her glittering between them. Successful, though he’d not doubted it. Ah, but hadn’t she encountered an issue in the caverns?

“How did your quest fare?” It was asked with genuine curiosity, wondering as to Isopia’s relations with her cousins. With how she seemed to switch between being plagued by Hototo’s influential memory and logically separated from his son’s prior mission, he could not tell what she thought of the companion he’d entrusted to her. It was true that the dragon had once been meant for Hototo, but in reality it was any of his progeny. That Hototo had been killed did not mean that balance was thrown out, and so Isopia would inherit the gift. “And what of your companion...Hubris?” A quick gleaning of the name from their minds, an arched brow at the selection. Was it some attempt to honor a brother she’d never known? Had she already begun to learn the importance of love and companionship from the newborn reptile? 

God of the Earth
Image Credits

Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

The girl seemed entirely unsurprised as her Father appeared. She could not come out of the earth as he could, but she could blend into it. As it was, she was always on the lookout for those with similar abilities. She found none so far (or perhaps they were simply too powerful to be found?), but she expected this of her Father.

"It was successful." She answered not untruthfully. That her cousin had thrown a fit, broken crystal, and cried about it, was not inherently detrimental to her quest. She had found the source of the broken crystal, rectified it (with a few choice words), and cleaned up the remainder. If anything, her time in the woods with the colt who tried to pee on her, had been more taxing. But, as she had said, all was successful in the end.

And what of your companion...Hubris?

Isopia's lip twitched slightly. Was it not enough that her Father had shouted her name for all to hear at their last encounter? But now he had to pluck the dragon's name from her mind? He couldn't even pretend that the information wasn't available to him?

But, ahhh. What did it matter? The demi-goddess realized that the issues she was bumping up against, were probably the sort that her fellow Helovian's encountered all the time. She merely had less to hide, hoarding only names inside of her vast skull. What it would be like, to have the Gods pluck her inner most thoughts and dreams and schemes and plans? If she had any, anyways. And so, her sloping shoulders merely shrugged as her quad-horned skull nodded in response.

"Hubris seemed fitting." She acknowledged as the draconian creature spread his bronze wings in response to his name. He tugged slightly on her mane. Already he was far more in tune with empathetic responses that she had ever been. Although he could not speak, he flashed her the look of pride in her Father's eyes.

"Thank you." She replied after a long moment of thinking and introspecting. Her Father had given her this creature as a gift - one that many would be proud to have. Despite her reservations, it hurt nothing to acknowledge his gesture.

You will need to go into the caves and bring me back crystal that hangs from the ceiling and water from the deep forest. Once I have these, I will make you your shoes. Please be careful with the caves, however. Take only what you need.”

Iso was questing for:

:: [Item: 4 horse shoes | Magical horse shoes that protect plant and animal life from being crushed by the wearer.]

ISOPIA
Image Credits

Helovian Ancient
Admin

There was no reason for her to explain any further her relationship with her siblings, especially when she was not very emotionally inclined towards those she had not hand-chosen. Still, the God felt the briefest pang of disappointment. The four needed to work in harmony for the good of Helovia, but she could easily see his desire for that as another way of controlling her, telling her that she should strike up a bond with her cousins. Some of who – though there was no need to name anybody, for how obvious it was – could not move past the image of his son to see the entirely new life Isopia presented. It was not his job to micromanage her life and relationships. He was not even capable of it. So he let her words slide by with a nod, aware that she was right for she stood before him plainly in her success. “You did well,” he noted in a pleasant rumble. She deserved the gift she sought.

“Lift your hooves, if you will,” the God said idly, focusing on the elements she’d placed before him, his magic grabbing hold and molding them to the exact shape of her hooves. From the earth he pulled metals to wrap around the magic-imbued crystals, appearing to be normal shoes but hiding the delicate enchanted material within that gave them the properties Isopia so sought. They attached themselves to Isopia’s hooves as she lifted them, securely nailed in place with but a thought. And in a few moments it was over, her gift earned and achieved, securely placed upon her hooves. “They may take some getting used to,” he warned, though he doubted she’d find too much trouble with them. But still…he was reluctant to send her away with so much left to say and do.

Her thoughts were plain to him, he could not help it – or perhaps he could, and simply wished to be closer to her in ways she was reluctant to allow him. A deep sigh rattled through him like wind across an empty field, intelligent eyes peering down at his daughter. “I never had the chance to apologize for revealing your name. I don’t understand why you hide it, when you are meant to be a key player in the balance of Helovia. I wasn’t aware, and I’m sorry.” Massive cranium dipped slowly, acknowledging that he had done her a great disservice that day that he could never remedy. Just because he didn’t understand didn’t mean the God was unaware of how much she’d despised it, and was appropriately regretful for it in turn. Perhaps she would allow him deeper into the heart of her mind willingly, would share with him why she wanted to be so removed from the land she was born to aid.

Hubris, at least, seemed to be the start of a new beginning. Had he finally found something to help her? Maybe he could repair the damage he’d done, in so many ways, by giving to her a constant companion meant to fit her soul alone. Her thanks was more than enough. “You’re welcome,” the Lord echoed happily, feeling like an estranged father standing before her on the stone of the crippled Veins. Ah, but he had one more thing to give her.

“There is something I’ve been wanting to give you for a while now. You must forgive my tendency for gifts,” he laughed heartily. From beneath his wing he pulled gently at a thick, glorious red cloth and gleaming metal with thick feathers at the ends of the pauldron. “It is enchanted, the feathers change colors with the seasons,” the immortal pointed out, the thick cape hanging in the air before Isopia, ready for her to move forward and accept it so that it could clasp itself around her shoulders. It suited her, he thought proudly - both in appearance and in duty - and he awaited her decision quietly. 

God of the Earth
Image Credits

Isopia lifted her hooves as she was told, in silence. The weight which upon them was immediately satisfying. It felt right in a way which was hard for her to describe. Jainism had never really crossed her mind before, and now certainly wouldn't. She was free to frolic as she pleased, without having to worry about the lives which grew and flourished beneath her hooves. She appreciated that, and with her Father's help, had earned it.

I never had the chance to apologize for revealing your name. I don’t understand why you hide it, when you are meant to be a key player in the balance of Helovia. I wasn’t aware, and I’m sorry.

Isopia's large golden eyes peered into the deep emerald depths of her Father's. She wished he wouldn't apologize, wish he wouldn't bring this up. She felt uncomfortable in her enormous body, but was helpless to divert her gaze. "I understand your reasons." She replied simply, but honestly. Isopia couldn't feel empathy or sympathy - or at least she hadn't yet - but her mind was vast enough to understand the emotional states and justifications of others, even if it was from her cold and distant position in the world. On her wither, Hubris patted her neck beneath the folds of his bronzen wings. His eyes rose to find the God who had placed him with his child, and for that the dragonling was already greatful. He liked the strange darkness of this mare's mind, for the patches of bright seemed so much brighter. Chirping a small sound of gratitude, Hubris resumed his pathetic attempts at braiding.

As her Father offered her yet another gift, Isopia thought to shrivel before him ... until she saw the cloth

The red

The colour of blood, and destiny, and purpose. Isopia's large gaze appeared even larger as she stepped forward without hesitation. She allowed her father to place the pauldron on her withers - forcing Hubris to scuttle forwards and then re-position himself.

"I like the colour." She breathed, stepping back and turning her quad-horned skull towards her should to inspect her new accessory.

"Thank you - again." She uttered, as Hubris bit her shoulder.

Iso was questing for:

ISOPIA
Image Credits

Helovian Ancient
Admin

Her joy was worth everything, subdued and private as it was. But Isopia had always been both of those attributes, a native trait alongside habitual independence. To see her success swell inside her, settle her and set her alight, the God is proud to have been able to give her what she so desired. He could not be the present, guiding force a father was supposed to be, but at the very least he could help her achieve the magical items and abilities within his grasp.

In the face of her joy, he also recognizes her discomfort, and merely graciously dips his head beneath her efforts at forgiveness. Though she was stiff, Hubris was not, and the God smiled down upon the tiny dragon with an air of gratitude and acknowledgement. There were no verbal thanks that needed to be given, even though he had the ability to share it directly into the creature’s mind. They both knew the matter of which they spoke, and the God only hoped Isopia would become as fond of Hubris as the dragon already was of her. They would be a beautiful machine, unstoppable, and perhaps the world would take on a new realm of color for his daughter with Hubris at her side.

Her hesitance melts before the image of his gift, stepping forward and into the clasp of the metal and cloth without hesitation. The God smiles, proud both to have pleased her and to see her draped in such fitting splendor. Young though she was, she was able, and the cape suited her.

“It suits you,” he pointed out happily as he looked down upon the crimson striking out against her earthen color. “You’re welcome,” followed as Hubris initiated her thanks, smile gentle at the bond's dynamics already forming between the pair of them. It seemed it was all else he could offer her, in the end. At least she liked it. He would have to leave soon, could not remain forever in her company, and they both knew it. His hide began to crack and crumble, blackening and falling to the lava-struck earth below. “May they both be of use to you, my child,” he rumbled, kind eyes the last to fall away into crumbling rock as he returned to the celestial realm, leaving her with her gifts and her success. 

God of the Earth
Image Credits