[PRIVATE] sister knows best

Mordecai Posts: 77
Aurora Basin Mare atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 3 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

M  O  R  D  E  C  A  I

i will be the power in this vast and empty world

i will ride under no banners but my vengeance will unfurl

It was still just as ridiculously easy to sneak out of the Dragon's Throat as Mordecai remembered it to be when she'd been a tiny little foal that couldn't fly. All she had to do was drape her large, dark wing over her brother's tiny body to hide him from view, someone mistook the drooping wing for an injury and allowed the pair across the magic bridge without a second thought or glance toward the extra set of legs by the young mare's side. Even when they'd made it across she still kept her wing draped over her baby brother until she was sure that no one was watching from the Throat. At that point she folded her wing against her striped side and looked down at the colt, not bothering to hide the mischievous glint in her dark eyes. She was going to show him just how big the world was outside of the Throat, and how not everything was crunchy, abrasive sand, and scorching heat.

She kept the colt moving until they had made it to the meadow that she remembered being green and flowery. The first time she'd sneaked away from her mother and ended up in the meadow she'd thought it was wrong because it wasn't sandy. She didn't want her brother, her navilat, to be so naive to the world around him as she had been all because mother was ridiculously over protective. A child had to be allowed to explore and to fall down and scrape his knees. He would grow to be strong and capable and if mother got mad that she had taken her baby brother out to explore well ... as far as Mordecai was concerned she could just get over it.

And father, too, if he decided to get mad.

It wasn't like she would let anything bad happen to her precious Navilat. If anything tried to hurt him she would turn their insides into a cesspool of acid that would leave them writhing in unadulterated pain as it ate them from the inside out.

"Go, Navilat." She said and she dipped her head down and nudged the boy's rump to make him move forward. "Explore." She clarified and she motioned with her head to the meadow the spread out before them.

"."

Translation: 
Navilat - little pee (yay for pet names :D )

image credits

@Nizho
the emptiness that we confess in the dimmest hour of day
in Automatown they make a sound like the low sad moan of prey

Nizho Posts: 17
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 5.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 2 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Time

Exploration, or the thought of exploration, brought giddy bounds from the little colt. Tiny wings flapped on his darkened back and he leapt around, whinnying his excitement. He stopped quickly when Mordecai's wing shifted and covered him, much the way that Mai's did when he and his twin needed to sleep or be quiet. Black lips clamped down and gunmetal eyes with fire shrapnel beamed up at his older sister. "Cai." He spoke her named as an adoring whisper. His cloven toes followed her out of the Throat without much question or hesitation.

When they reached the meadow, Nizho was tired. Sweat darkened his hips and his sides, and he hung his head low. "We there yet?" He asked, eyelids drooping low over his speckled, grey eyes. "Cai, I'm tired." Sighing, the colt stopped and folded his legs beneath him, laying in the warm grass. His sister's command to explore was lost on him for a moment as he pressed his head down onto a pillow of flowers, a fly bugging his right ear. Shaking his head, Nizho sighed again. "Cai, where we are?" He asked, laying down in the meadow a few more minutes before standing again.

The colt turned his head, taking in the sight around him. It was beautiful--though, his concept of beauty was underdeveloped at this point. He could not appreciate the flowered knolls for all they were worth, probably to the dismay of his brindled sister. "Why did Asavvi not come?" He finally asked, turning his head back to Mordecai and tilting it to the side, all-too-large ears hanging dumbly.

Drinking freedom from a bottle to the tune of belong
image credits

Mordecai Posts: 77
Aurora Basin Mare atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 3 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

M  O  R  D  E  C  A  I

i will be the power in this vast and empty world

i will ride under no banners but my vengeance will unfurl

It was disappointing that Nizho would rather lay down in the flowers than move around and explore the land that she was introducing to him. When she'd been his age she'd been far too eager to be out of the Throat, exploring everything she possibly could. "Akko." She said to him, her head dipping down so she could shove her nose against his neck. "Athtihar." And she motioned her head in the direction she knew the stream to be so Nizho would look and see the doe that stood eating and her two fawns that bounded through the tall grass in an endless game of chase.

"Why did Asavvi not come?"

Mordecai did not look down at her younger brother as he questioned why she had only taken him out of the Throat. Why, indeed. "Cannot hide two at same time." She mumbled in the common tongue that her brother had seemed to take so easily to while she had not. Her ears fell back and she snorted softly. "Next time Asavvi come. Navilat stay home." She was sure, though, that by the time they got back home Meg would be well aware that Mordecai had spirited the young boy away and would be hyper-vigilant against it happening again.

Her younger brother was standing finally and the dark girl dipped her head down and nudged the boy's side. "Explore." She said again and she trotted forward, her white tail licking at her hocks as she moved swiftly through the tall grass. "Vo havizven, Navilat!" She called back to her younger brother.

"."

Translation:
Navilat - little pee (yay for pet names :D )
Akko - stand up
Athtihar - look
Vo havziven - don't be lazy

image credits

@Nizho
the emptiness that we confess in the dimmest hour of day
in Automatown they make a sound like the low sad moan of prey