the Rift

[PRIVATE] down towards the healing

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
without your love, without your touch, this world for me is never gonna be enough
thinking about you as if i lost you

The return back home is a bit too difficult to muster, too harsh to think about when she guesses on repeat that they’d laugh at her just as her patrol partner had done. Yes, there were mares in the Dragon’s Throat that had taken up the art of seduction, but herself? She’d never seen herself as that. She’d never taken interest in love and affections, the ideas of having sexual affairs with anyone were too foreign to find them even slightly interesting.
Even children had been a distant thought, excluding the child she had agreed to carry with Amara, but there was something different about that. Amara was her friend, her best friend, the only soul she’d ever really relied on to still be there when there was nothing left to be found. Raising a child with Amara, carrying a child with her, it all seemed natural, like they’d always meant to do exactly that.
But then again, Sikeax never fails to remember that she has only known a short amount of her life in which Amara was not always there. They might as well have been born on the same day, at the same time, near to one another so that there wouldn’t of had been a moment wasted.
Hobgoblin snorts.
“Trusty Amara gone?”
Even though she can’t see him, she knows he’s there. He cuts her away and leaves her to stand alone, to laugh at her when she grazes and can’t see where he’s left her to be. The end of the world is close enough that she can imagine he’s thrown himself off of the cliff, diving towards the part of the ocean that she’s always been to scared to look down at, to dive into. It pulls a facade of hatred and rage, one that makes Hobgoblin smile because he see’s himself in it, and wonders if Sikeax is actually stupid because she chooses to live in the shadow of his might.
“I don’t want her to see me like this.”
She questions if he can actually hear her speak to him. Her voice drowns out below the mass of the crashing waves and the roaring screams of her thoughts that tell her maybe it’s best to go ahead and give it up now.
It’s for the best. Then I won’t have the child and I won’t have to be burdened with something I don’t want.
Pushing her head out over the ledge, muscles lock in her legs and knees close up like some sort of final thought might to keep her from really jumping. While the water surely wouldn’t kill(and since when could it actually kill her?), the fall and stones would do her in.
“Do you think it’s worth it?”
No response, even when they both know he’s somewhere down there, hiding along the cliff face and waiting for the moment when she does throw herself away like many have probably done in the past.
“I don’t want to be the mother of a child I don’t want.”
She thinks to herself that she is some sort of monster, that she probably deserves to die with the child when she falls. Mothers were meant to love their children. Who was she to break the rules? What did she have to prove in breaking the sacred rules of motherhood?
She is nothing more than a monster, and if her bones are to erode against the rocks, drug out to the sea that she loves so much, then maybe she’ll rot in peace.
“Kill baby?”
A shake of the head. He’s still gone, far off in a place where he probably can’t see any of her responses, yet alone hear them. He probably doesn’t care, he’ll probably go on to live without her and this bastard that she’s forced to carry. It’s the lifestyle that he wanted most, wasn’t it?
She doubts they’ll even miss her.

OOC: NOT A DEATH THREAD.

Sikeax is only extremely emotional and upset about thinking she’s pregnant and doesn’t know how to get rid of the (non-existent)baby so suicidal thoughts great job chick

@Amara

"Talk?"

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark
i gave up on myself a long time ago

i'm a mess of worry and dread,  letting it all wrap up into one complete package (might as well slap a bow on me for good measure). i tremble at the idea of seeing and interacting with anyone, my stomach plummets into the fiery depths of hell each time i pass someone. somewhere in my mind something ticks, and immediately i hear Them hissing into my ear, whispering about my demise. somewhere else i swear that She's telling me They aren't correct, but They're always much louder that She is. Oh silly girl, don't you know that they want you dead? They'll whisper to me as i pass a foreign equine. instinctively i'll turn my focus onto the passing stranger, gluing my eyes to them in fear they're plotting against me. sameira told me i looked mad like that, wandering about with eyes bigger than full moons and my body rattling more than an earth quake. i suppose in some ways i am mad, with the shadowy figures that dance in my peripheral, the black outs that occur after major mental breakdowns, the constant whispers that fill my head with paranoid thoughts and ideas.  

some days when i'm tucked away in some random crevice, wedged within a space upon a cliff side or a cavern underground, sameira draws me back to reality. you're doing it again, she'll grumble in a generally monotone voice, an unamused expression painted on her face as she watches me gnaw at my forelegs. again and again i sink my teeth into my skin out of nervous habit, rubbing and itching at imaginary irritations until there's blood plastered to my lips. scar tissue flowers along my body in various places, showing my recklessness. by now i can state how long ago my last break down was, because there's always scabs along my legs from my chewing habit. 

it's especially terrible right now, my forelegs are gushing blood and i feel that i've bitten too deep this time. something tells me i should be panicking, but the numbness of everything tones down that worry. sameira's decided to ignore my gentle prods, telling me to find someone else to bother because she's "busy." she refuses to travel so far to find me, so i get myself up with Their help. They wait, taunting me at the entrance of the cave, their quiet voice carrying its venomous words across the cavern to my ears. I force myself up, legs unsteady as I crawl out of a cave, letting it spit me out as i stand at its entrance and look out at the world with disgust clawing at my gut. after two steps i falter and stumble forward, almost nose diving into a thick layer of ice. a chuckle sends chills down my spine as i gather myself, unused legs buckling beneath me as i slip along the icy surface. 

it takes me a long while before i'm finally able to lift off the ground, spreading my wings to the arctic clouds above the steppe. i'm barely ten strides away from my take off point when sameira enters my head, spreading her voice throughout it. i see sikeax. without further ado she sends me a mental reel of her location, sending me into a spiral of panic. my panic sends me rocketing across the sky in desperation, stomach churning in all of its empty glory as i see a champagne speck in the distance. the golden freckle along the horizon gives me a spark of hope as i plummet towards the ground, bracing myself for a terribly disastrous impact. my landing is rough and sloppy as i tumble over and over, wings tucked against my body as i roll through ice and snow. getting up is difficult, my weak figure threatening collapse as i bolt forward to continue my journey. 

my neglected throat lets me down as i try to yell for sia's attention, tripping along like a newborn learning to walk as i near her. why she thought it was a good idea to gaze longingly into the eyes of death like this i do not know, but whatever the reason i'd make sure she didn't fall into those lovely blue eyes that gave false hopes. i tried to slow myself, tiptoeing the last few steps to her side. i sweep my neck down to press a gentle touch to her crown, throat knotted up as i keep my lips firmly sealed. 

@Sikeax

( ©hunter/©flickr.)

Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
without your love, without your touch, this world for me is never gonna be enough

Will the water be cold? Will the falling feel endless? Will I die on impact, or will i be forced to suffer just a while longer? Her blue eyes are cold, broken and hard, her heart sharpened into a blade. She doesn’t want this, but it’s for the best, it’s so that the baby will never have to exist in a world and suffer its first days when Sikeax rejects it and refuses to raise it.
This way is so much better than having her herd watch her birth a child she doesn’t want, smiling and congratulating her when all she wants to do is sob through their words, knowing that she’s created a life only for it to be wasted.
Hobgoblin is tired of listening to the complementation of suicide. Sorrow only weighs him down. It lives on his shoulders and crawls into his mind as it’s done her’s, and makes sure that he is to suffer just as much as Sikeax does.
“Either die already, or give up.”
If he was there with her, she would stare at him, shattered and destroyed because he’s just thrown her fragile porcelain doll against the cliff faces and black rocks and laughed at it’s pieces when the waves drag over it’s hurt face, crying salty tears of the sea. He doesn’t even bat an eye at how he knows he makes her feel.
She makes him feel just the same with her own emotions and he refuses to let it remain one sided.
By the time that she’s really there, prepared for her descent and the crippling feeling that will surely follow(hopefully for only a short amount of time), staring over the edge into the abyss awaiting her, the world offers her a gift, maybe even a tiny ‘fuck you’.
Amara smells disgusting and looks it too, but her touch is all that really matters. Her breath drags over her skin and pulls her back to reality. Someone will take the child, won’t they? She can drop the child off at another herd’s border and simply leave, hoping someone will come along and take them without a second thought as of who their mother might of been.
She lets the world go black. There is someone happy to see her, happy to give her affection and make sure she’s okay, and for once, maybe everything is okay.
The smaller mare dwindles beneath her when she pulls herself up, swinging her skull over Amara’s neck so that she’s able to feel reality again when she searches for the sway of her friend’s body, the touch of wounded skin against pristine silk.
They’d lived two very different lives when compared. One caked in blood and decorated with scars, the other perfect physically, but just as destroyed as the first mentally.
"Amara…." Where have you been when I needed you most?
"I've missed you so much."

"Talk?"

@Amara

you were angels,

i am the definition of a disease, a plague carrying the stench of infection and neglect. i have been told (by samiera) that my smell could down an entire herd, my terrible hygiene giving way to infection in my recent wounds. the two stab wounds pierce my left breast, the two entry wounds obvious and tainted in a sick colour. they leak various discoloured liquids, proving my medical care (which was really just frantically licking it until i thought it stopped bleeding) useless. i felt queasy concentrating on the feeling of my flesh being eaten away by all the bacteria i'd let spread to it, and the need for a distraction became an excuse to bite my lip and gnaw at my leg. 

this contact, this first contact was what i needed to finally realize how lost i had been. i'd distanced myself from others for so long, to the point where even this brief touch sends shivers down my spine and my brain into overdrive. i release a breathe i hadn't even recognized i'd been holding, my chest heaving with the threat of an oncoming anxiety attack.

was this even Sia beneath my lips? what if in fact the flesh, blood and bone beneath me was nothing but a figment of some sick trick? perhaps it's all in my head, and what i'm feeling now is nothing more than my mind's desperate attempt to comfort me and prevent itself from falling apart. i can feel myself drifting into that cloud of lies, letting it fog up my head and leave me floating on a fantasy. 

Sia's voice is a reality check, pulling me free from the lies i'd begun to slip into. my eyes flicker, threatening tears at the sound of her voice. it's like music to my ears, after having not heard it for so long it comes to me like a beautiful fucking melody that i've gotten stuck in my head and i'd like it to stay there. i have to take a few raspy breathes to keep myself tethered to this reality, taking in Sia's all so familiar scent before i can finally accept that this is her. she's here, with me.  

"Sikeax," in this rare, quiet moment, the voices have died down. it's like they're all holding their breathes in wait for what my next words will be. i accept this unseen audience, their light, utterly silent whispers giving me the urge to continue. "I've missed you too." i mutter, the words coming to my lips almost too quickly. but i mean it, i missed her all too much. how i didn't realize it until now i do not know, but seeing and feeling her here with me is enough to make me understand that the emptiness i'd been feeling for so long was because she hadn't been there with me.

"What are you doing?" i ask, leaning into the embrace from the taller mare with worry lacing my words. you don't just wander out here alone without purpose, without reason. you don't stare into the depths of the ocean without curiosity in your eyes and death on your mind. you don't tempt fate like this unless you mean it, and the thought of anything happening to Sia brings me to my knees. the thought of her laugh and her smile being eagerly swept away by the carnivorous waves beneath us makes my stomach twist and churn.  

( ©hunter/©flickr.)

@Sikeax

The feel of skin hidden beneath a disgusting mass of coarse, brown hair is tainted with the smell of blood and infection that drives her to the brink of madness, tempting her to let go and bare the whites of her stone eyes against the horror that her best friend has become. How long was Amara living at the bottom of the food chain, rolling in filth, draping herself in blood that Sikeax is scared to know the origins of regardless of the wounds that lace the chestnut’s body?
She knows what the word monster means. It defines Hobgoblin well, given to him by both friends and strangers who are left to reside in fear of his mentality. It’s in the look of his eyes, how he so willing builds himself up to appear larger and more aggressive with the change of his wing position, the hiss that slithers out of his jaws over a forked tongue.
He’s the only monster she’s aware of right now, but…
“Amara become monster. Demon. Amara threat. Look, smell.”
A shadow sweeps over the grasses and soon-to-be-dying wildflowers, circling their embrace with red eyes staring down. Images fill her brain where her eyes have lacked to bring anything; keeping them closed seems for the best. She won’t have to look at Amara then. She won’t be forced to stare at the ocean that waits her arrival in a patient way, as if it’ll be ready to take her away whenever she makes the conscious choice to go.
She’s never thought of him as one to lie. He sets things to his mind and works to achieve them without care as of how it will affect anything in his path. He’s as harsh as the world, brutal and cold.
Looking through his eyes, he force-feeds her only the truth. Amara is a creature of nightmare. All the blood, the wounds, the stench of infection, it all adds up. She can see why the Pegasus has led herself into isolation, armed with good reason.  
Amara death. Amara zombie.
Their embrace shatters, slowly releasing Amara from her hold and leaving her friend to question her thoughts. Touching comes off as taboo when haunted with the memory of flesh and bone slipping away from her very existence, threatened with death just because she’d done something she can’t even remember.
Hobgoblin prods with childish curiosity. His interest burns like hellfire, digging into her skin and seeking out new places to cut.
Why was she out here to die? Why was Amara so broken, living on the brink of dead like a walking skeleton?
“I wanted to go back home.”
She can’t think of a home to define, one where these sort of things don’t exist, where she can actually feel safe and not worry about all of the sins that she’s committed in the past and all the ones she’ll surely make in the future.
But she can’t afford to die now, not in front of Amara. She can find somewhere else to die, far away from any prying eyes and leave Hobgoblin to live his life happily, lacking the burden of the weight of her soul.
Amara needs her.
For this very second, she’s got a reason to live.
“You need to let me heal you. You’re gonna die of an infection if I don’t take care of it now. Is that how you want to die?” Her words come out of her mouth like ice, cutting and hateful as Goblin questions her motives for only a second, and proceeds to smile at her attitude. “I’m not going to the one responsible for your death when I could of been the one to stop it.”
“And what a lovely friend you would of made yourself be for her if she was to die at your feet.”

"Talk?"

@Amara

you were angels,

i blink at the foreign concept of home, home. it sounds strange, it is strange. the word brings back cruel, grueling thoughts of back when there was safety and a sense of belonging. back when i had somewhere to be, someone who cared for me. knowing that my home was no more, that it had been swept away under the rug with the rising of a new generation, ripped down as soon as Seele's flesh began to tear and burn against the heat of the wild darkness. my gut twists and churns because all i can remember is Seele, ebony and crimson with spreading alabaster all wonderful and motherly. mein kleine, the cordial name sending a shiver down my back digging sickeningly warm and nostalgic thoughts into my head while simultaneously sending guilt rushing into my veins. 

i am a murderer, amateur at my craft. my faults are plenty, the compiling evidence against me towers ever higher with each crime i commit. my mind draws blanks when i try and recollect what i'd forgotten, what bits and pieces i can toss together are rather grotesquely pulled as a collective into some wrecked, sick collage. what all these scattered memories meant to me was that i was doing terrible things when the world turned black and my emotions took over. the scariest part was that i could feel these this change before it occurred, i felt myself slipping further and further into the recesses of my head. 

i stay silent, listening to my unsteady breathes as tangible cold clings to my skin, layering over where Sia's warmth had been. my gasp is soft and unheard, tumbling from my lips like a subtle summer breeze. even in tallsun the steppe was frigid, a wasteland of nothing for miles. it held little life, merely snow, sorrow and the lingering sense of hopelessness as one wanders across its expanse. and here we are, together breaking through that bleak landscape, bringing life and prosperity with our warm bodies and vicious tension. 

oh was the air tense. 

i could feel something was off, as though you'd nudged a painting slightly out of place on its spot hanging from the wall, leaving it off kilter by a reasonably unnoticeable amount. you'd have to look real close to realize that it was rotated slightly to the left far too much. this tension pierced my joints and held me stiff, knees trembling because i could feel the oncoming storm, knowing it was going to hit me like a brick wall. 

the words that fall from Sia's lips feel— not like her at all. my stomach does a flip and my world drops from a great height and shatters into shards, too many to piece back together. i feel myself unintentionally falling back, receding into the confines of my ivory prison as i begin to gasp and pant. i didn't want to die, no no NO. i don't want to die, i DONt WAnT to DiE.

i̺̦̩̜̯̤̥̔͐̂̽̽ ̦͚̬̗͓͇ͅdO͎̠̟̞̭̖̙̎ͦ͛̽̒̽͢Ň̴͔̙̬͔͕̬͛͌̚'̨͍̣̭͍̆ͤͮt͋̉̊ͪͤ͏̱͉̯ ̷̘͍̥̎ͤ̾́̇̄W͔̯͂̆̋A̙̯̻͖ͭ̐ͪ́̈́̈́̄n͓̤̤̳͆̽ͅT͎̻͊ͥ̀ ̡̞̦t̵̠̦̊̓ͬͮÓ̤̬̠ͦͭ̋͛ͪ̃ ̤͎̭ͯ̄ͧ̐ͅD̷̬̱͇̦̟͍̹̃̽ͭ͛̌ ̪ͮI̟͋͆͋̏̐ ͍̟̠̭̝̝̾̈́͊̿̔̓̽E̢͓̬͈͖͍̎

my conscious is slipping between my fingers like sand, bursting from the seams comes a hurricane of thoughts that aren't mine. i'm being pulled, ripped, torn away from my own head, like someone's trying to vacate the space for their own purposes. it's a losing battle as i grit my teeth and let out rapid hiccups, air becoming a rare thing as my body begins to reboot like a computer system. i'm able to grasp reality, fingers slipping ever so slowly as a dark figure threatens to crush the last link to consciousness that i had. it's threatening, looming over and awaiting my final words and thoughts, i know it will strike soon enough. it just wants this bittersweet moment before it can tear me apart form the inside out. 

i feel a comforting wet nose against my shoulder, sympathetic calm bringing a soothing light to my mind. "breathe, please. getting worked up again. becoming not you." Sameira's voice brings solace to my mind, cooing quietly as my panic spreads. she holds the beast at bay, but only for a short span. this time limit consumes my thoughts as holes in my mind begin to flower, taking with it the oldest memories and barreling closer and closer to the new, to the now.

"st— stop." finally my voice works, syllables broken as soon as they leave my tongue. i felt like she was angry at me for failing at self care, that she was blaming me for everything that was wrong with her life with her callous tone and sharp tongue. maybe she was right, maybe i did fuck her up with the things i did when we'd been overcome with some rotting, disgusting disease that left my flesh peeling and skin melting like i was wax to a flame. 

oh god i remember

i remember screaming at her that it was all her fault, taunting and teasing and letting it all happen. i want to vomit and yell until i'm hoarse because maybe i did fuck her over, maybe i tore Sia open and left her exposed to guilt and whatever else came trailing along, attracted by the stench of her pitiful tears. i feel my throat constricting and finally give way to my disastrous panic, feeling the pressure of my anxieties on my ribs. "i'm sorry— i'm sorry, i'm sorry." i crumble into a puddle of despair and dejection as my feelings tear apart all that i'd built up in the past few months of isolation. 

all this work just to have my walls brought down again by an abrupt embrace and a handful of harsh words from the person i depended on most. in these final moments my fingers slip from reality's edge and i tumble into a world of dark, dark nothingness.  

( ©hunter/©flickr.)

@Sikeax

Infection’s putrid scent of death works to smother her nostrils, working furiously to destroy the barriers she’s made out of stuffing her face with mint and other strong scented herbs. It makes her body coil, but Amara could be living upon the brink of death, and if she was to be lost because her best friend couldn’t withstand the stench of her affliction, then Sikeax had done nothing to save her.
And oh, what a life wasted that would of been.
“Let Amara die. Amara die either way. Amara is walking corpse.”
You don’t even know what a walking corpse looks like.

There’s a certain sort of snap to her voice that makes his tongue knot within his mouth. While she does tempt him to lash at her and to force her to brandish his mark of control, the emotion laced into her voice, tangled about her soul and heart like razor-lined wire is enough to tell him it’s best not to.
For once in his life, the God that he builds himself up to be becomes a sinner at the feet of his enslaved priestess, made into the devil before his eyes. He fears, for her faith is now wraith, built up from all the love she has for Amara, the only thing in this world that she dares to love and trust more than him.
Their embrace pulls apart like siamese twins finally knowing what it’s like to be two very different bodies, except there is no tearing of skin or cries of verbal pain. All occurs within their hearts and emotions because she only see’s Amara as the monster that wanted to kill her, and the only escape from it is to heal the wounds from her lover’s skin.
Her faint whimperings become shouts to her ears when she dips a crowned skull towards the bloodied legs, trying to think of a way that she can mask the smell of death when it roars in her face. The white flame that pours from her lips reaches with readied fingers constructed of medicine and her affections, all the love she has in the world in a hope that in all the times that it has never failed her that this time it will do the same.
She works without thinking about how Amara is apologizing constantly, caught up in the fear that she’ll lose the one thing that she’s always known if she stops. She doesn’t think about how Hobgoblin tries to alert her that something is wrong, caught up in the cringe that wrinkles her features at the sight of the stab along Amara’s hip.
“What have you done to yourself?”
There’s no need for an answer when she doesn’t want one. More worries would added to the list, extending it like the flame when it pours forth from her lips like a god send that makes a thousand desperate attempts at rescue.

"Talk?"

@Amara

you were angels,

we are one in the same, brother dearest

We wake from our damnation, rising like kings to our rightful thrones we take hold of the weakness of our vessel. Like powerful foes we combat for our place in rule, high and mighty with our crowns askew and grins wider than the moon's. What pride we hold blossoms, egos budding like spring flowers as we steal the chance for control. It is a celebration, a time for glee as we stir from our eternal slumber, dazed but held together by strings of misty recollection and this cherished bond we hold. 

We remain foreign to this body, our first words unspoken and first steps still yet to be taken as the adjustment continues. We are aliens in a planet so disgustingly unkempt, the smell of plague meeting our nostrils like soldiers to war, gagging at how sickening this stench is. It brings a sour taste to our mouth, something foul and unsatisfying that lingers there in our throats and makes us whine at the sensation of disease curdling away at our flesh. 

Our eyes meet someone who captures beauty in a foreign way, but one we would not dabble into. No, she is a fruit soured and chained to a beast most unruly, worn eyes and worry written over champagne hide. What she has to offer is sorrow and distaste, things we do not seek in lovers nor friends. We are perfectly content intertwined together, sharing space and letting our minds and souls overlap in harmony. We enjoy the intimacy of our closeness, yet long for the subtlety of two bodies skin to skin with our breath rolling over our shoulders and our lips tracing familiar flesh. She intrigues us, the way she wears herself and displays vulnerability to our skin, leaving us to analyse whom she is and for who she stresses. We part lips, giving our words a quick run to begin once again our endless banter. 

"We too want to know the mystery,""the secret to these foreign pains—""Self inflicted, brother. Observe—" We reach forward, one voice deep and brilliantly confident (Zekì) while the other is subtle and raspy, less forceful and more intellectual (Kye), pitch changing each time we pass off. Our eyes cast down upon the wounds, taking note of the months of suffering that are etched into the permanence of this exposed pink tissue. "How far must one go to do such damage? From where must this hatred root?" Our eyes turn to the blue-eyed lamb, curious and full of a craving for answers as our mind spirals into unanswerable questions. They branch out, scratching away at the ivory casing of our shared intelligence while we ponder the state of our chestnut figure and its feminine curvature. "Giving up, look at this mange—""—simply the worst. We smell as bad as—""A rotting corpse yes, yes." Vigorous nodding ensues, ears perked and eyes closed to emphasize the understanding of the statement at hand. This casual conversation flows seamlessly between us, no gaps to our sentences as we look up questionably towards the fair coated woman. What could she tell, if anything at all. Our need to know why such injuries battered our skin was the elephant beside us at this point in time, obvious and present and needy for attention as we look down upon our breast. Two piercings linger, a head's width apart, oozing with fluid that reeks of corpses and unhygienic months. One remains deeper than the other, giving us proof that the attack was from an angle, wounds still open to infection and destruction of the skin and flesh. 

"Who have we fought? I do not recall—""Any battles from us. None won, lost or participated in. Assault? A sneak attack we never saw.""It hurts, and this foul smell! I cannot stand—""this stench. Unclean, we are." We shift our gaze to the mare, stepping back as we realize the close proximity between us and her, this sensory overload had distracted us from the threat of the speared damsel that continued to linger. We had no words to offer her, simply sympathetic smiles that one would bring to the forefront of their features when passing a pitiful fool upon the roadside. 

"Kye begins.."".. and Zekì ends."

( ©hunter/©flickr.)

@Sikeax