the Rift

Buried Myself Alive(Joining, open)

Nyx Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
If she were not such a large pegasus, the cold would be almost unbearable. It would eat at her body until she was nothing more than a useless pile of mush. But the piebald mare only felt a slight chill. It was her curiosity that led the draft mare to these lands, the mist that she could see rolling through the lands, they called to Nyx. Her body moved from a long legged walk, to a meandering trot as she drew herself closer to the forest of trees, her gold eyes admiring the towering guardians of the land. Her steps faltered outside of the tree line. One might call it habit, something the warrior did to appease her nerves. Her muscles quivered and her neck arched upward before letting it sweep down to brush her nose on the snow frozen earth. Slowly her right knee folded down and left leg extended forward in a bow.

”God or Goddess of these lands, I respectfully ask you to accept my presence in these lands.”, her words were slow and lowly spoken, almost a distant rumble in the frostbitten wind. Her words were greeted by nothing in particular but her mind felt at ease. She returned to her standing height And stared through the border-line of trees. Her searching eyes were met with a darkness that she couldn’t help but appreciate.
The night held value to her homeland. It was a time when the Goddess of the land roamed throughout the herds. Her lips tipped in a smile, her selfless mother named her after that Goddess. Nyx.
Nyx, my Goddess ... You gave me courage on my journey. Now I pray from strength to find my way through the shroud.

Hesitently, she took a step into the trees. The mist, cool calculating mist, swirled around her legs. Pulling, tugging (at least it felt like it), it drew her in as a mother would to her foal. Her throat hummed pleasantly as the last of her body crossed through into the forest. But she took no more steps forward, lest she stray. Something nagged at her mind, no , spoke to her in a whisper.

Call out, become one with the new land and all you find. Find the moon.

Find the moon? A quizzical look fleeted across her face. Why would she think such strange things? Things that made no sense in the slightest. She exhaled softly and shifted her dove gray wings that were folded close to her back. Her head tilted to view the night sky. There the moon was, sitting gloriously in the sky. She found it, now what? There was no answering whisper in her head, nothing to give her relief that she was not crazy. But with no time to waist, she let out a high pitched nicker and snort, seeing if a horse near by would answer. If this was how she was to become one with the land, it must mean this land was owned. And owners never set their sights off their land.

Merry meet.

Ooc; sorry if its a little haphazard.. I'm still working on getting her a table

Torasin Posts: 132
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 8
imi
[I'm setting this after Torasin has been healed of course. :3]

These lands were cold and the paint didn't like it. It was the dark of night and he was out doing a nostalgic patrol. It certainly had been a while since he had to patrol borders. His fur was already becoming thicker and his areas of palomino were turning white. Soon he would look more like a grey horse than a golden tobiano. It would be putting it mildly that he couldn't wait for the warmer seasons. If this land even got warmer. His brown bonded was tucked into his creamy mane, wings strapped to his sides. Kiba didn't move from this position until they walked into a winged femme seemingly looking for the patron God.

"You are in the land of Moon ma'am. May I ask why you are here?" It felt so familiar. The questions one must ask in order to draw out whether the stranger was indeed looking for a home in a new herd. It had been so long since he had been part of a herd that he was almost nervous approaching newcomers. Not quite however as he remembered his ways as a former Oasis stallion, greeting anyone he could find and offering them a home if requested. First things first though, who are you and what do you want?

His brown bonded looked curiously from his back but said nothing. Torasin could feel the dragon's bubbling curiosity however, the need for him to greet everyone and everything was almost too much to bare for his hyper friend.

made by kukulein.deviantart.com

October Posts: 40
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hh :: 6.5 years
Blu
A golden painted stallion moved towards Nyx, cordial in his words and ways. She could not help but give him a jovial smile when he stated the land she was in. So her Goddess had led her to a home that would keep her in the Dark Queen’s sight. Maybe it was just a coincidence though. She couldn’t help but have that flicker of doubt cross the paths of her mind. ”Merry meet good sir. It’s seems like I have stumbled into a land that would suite a soul like myself quite well.”, her chest rumbled with a small chuckle, elongating her neck to give him a small bow. ”I am from a place far away from here, but something drew me to these lands. I’ve had a long travel.” A dark sadness had a sweeping moment across her eyes but as soon as it was there, it was gone. Push it away, she scolded her mind, there was no need to relive what had happened. It was gone. Gone.

”My name is Nyx, I am a follower of the Goddess of night.” She offered her name with another tip of her maw. She could not help but wonder if her night Goddess and this new Goddess were alike. All places seemed to have their own deities , but the paint draft had hoped to keep her Night Queen with her always. Almost like a security blanket.
Nyx let her eyes size up the stallion quite briefly, it was a habit she had created in her travels. The warrior side of her was always on guard. But her eyes drew to the little brown dragon that clung to it’s master like a babe. Her lips drew up into a warm and curious smile, ”Why hello.”, this time speaking to the dragon. She let her neck fall down again, bowing to the creature with respect. It was not every day to befriend a dragon. And Nyx had a habit of trying to befriend every soul she in her path.

Ooc: oh poop, wrong account >.> but this is from Nyx hehe.
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Torasin Posts: 132
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 8
imi

His polite gaze rested on the pegasus mare as she spoke, listening in interest to the words she offered in response. Something in her face shifted briefly and Torasin wondered what kind of hurt she was shielding, it seems there were more like him that his their secrets with a smile. He proffered his head and graciously ignored the slight slip in her expression, not wanting to pry into something personal. A name was offered, Nyx, short and pretty that he thought fitted her appearance beautifully. In the last words she spoke to him before turning to Kiba made him wonder if this was the same God or a relative. The paint thought over it in his mind as his brown bonded trilled his exuberant greeting, flicking his long scaly tail from side to side in excitement.

"Good pegasus."

Torasin smiled at Kiba's ready acceptance and approval of the mare in front of him, it made himself more comfortable in the words he spoke next. "Suit you well this place will, Nyx. My name is Torasin and my brown friend here is called Kiba."

He looked at her thoughtfully then and wondered if she'd take up an apprentice position or become a general part of the WeyrFolk. What kind of mare was she? Of healing, or fighting or maybe even someone with a great want to create. Torasin also wondered if she would keep that faith in the night and become a philosopher to be closer to the Moon. First he should offer shelter and explain the roles.

"If you would like to remain here you are welcome to, Nyx. We have several positions open for apprentices if there is a particular field you wish to study? I myself hold both titles as an Advocate to the Sun and a skilled Nurse. We have several apprentice openings for philosophers, nurses, craftsmen, spies or even warriorship. Our leader, Mirage, is a very understandable femme."

He took a breath and waited patiently for a reply. Hoping his words had struck a cord or left her with hope. It was a nice feeling to be able to offer so much to people who had travelled so far to be here.

made by kukulein.deviantart.com

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

"It would seem, Nyx that the sovereign lands of the Moon Goddess herself would suit you well."

The voice seemingly came from the trees surrounding the pair, the voice was clear, strong and lined with power. It was accented, a unique, exotic curl that indicated its well-travelled nature. The relatives to the owner of the voice held a similar accent, one that spoke of lands of eternal twilight, and a vast multitude of lands in between. A golden dragon, miniature in size compared to fabled, traditional dragons, but with a flame just as hot able to spew forth from her scaled maw, flew in the trees above, calling a gentle warble to the familiar brown below.

It was then that footsteps might have been heard, and the figure of a dark, shadowy creature dropped her illusionary veil to stand, with an arched nape, a gentle, yet guarded expression upon her façade. A small glance, with affection evident behind those golden eyes, was spared for the stallion who had proven loyal, trustworthy and kind throughout the ages. Then the careful, guarded politeness returned as the WeyrLeader considered this stallion.

"Do you seek a place to call home, Nyx?"

The directness of her query was unusual, at least if one were to look at this mare a handful of season ago. But time had aged the mare, not only in her body, but her mind had been tried and tested, and come out on top - the very top. She was a leader now, and with that responsibility, she felt the need to drop her cryptic ways, at least when it came to herd matters. With those who gained her trust, she would allow her playful side to return, but otherwise, things had been forced to change.