the Rift

[OPEN] No, I summon YOU

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SPARK

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero

A flash filled the Haruspex's cave. As the blare-blindness dissipated from the God's vision, he found that he was alone.  "Dammit- He mumbled under his breath. When he had stepped through the time stream, the flat-horned Haruspex had been in here. Cleaning, or mumbling, or teaching or some such. The God had tried to splash through into that moment, but had apparently missed.

He had a lot on his mind lately.

Snorting, he looked around. It appeared to be night time, though not necessarily cold. "Well, at least I have the right season." He murmured as he strode out of the cave.

Through narrowed, dark eyes, the God peered up into the twinkling midnight sky that dwarfed the Basin's mountains in comparison. The God took a deep breath, enjoying the silent serenity that the Basin afforded. So much had happened...the Rift, the battles, the other. For one crystalline moment, the God simply appreciated doing nothing.

And then -

"HARUSPEX." His voice thundered with the intensity of a storm. The God might have wanted to enjoy his peace, but he did not have the time for it. He knew that the Haruspex had tried to use his mirror - on more than one occasion - but almost seemed to pick the most inconvenient instances. From what he knew of Ashamin, he didn't think the fellow was stupid enough to imagine that the Gods simply lounged about on clouds, drinking wine and making merry.

They had jobs. Like making sure Helovia didn't fall apart.

CREDITS: Tamme & Boom

@Ashamin

Rhea Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Having survived her encounter with the corrupted gods and all the other morons parading around it was a rare night that the black hybrid got to enjoy silence this late into the evening hour. Gliding along just beneath the cloud level her icy eyes scanned the borders of the Basin for anything unusual. With the exception of a couple of wolves and other wild critters she couldn't help but be slightly disappointed by not finding her friend Mr Yeti. While they were not actual friends she still tried to keep a watch out for any sightings of him so as not to run into his angry arse again. It had been quite entertaining at the time to watch as he launched a tree branch at Caleb's head for his blithering but unless he was going to do it again things would not be as exciting. Drifting down towards the cliffs with ease the figure of the Spark God came into view. Furrowing her brow she wondered what had brought him here considering it was so unlike him to actually pay his herd a visit. She had wanted to speak with him but being who she was, that never came easy.

Drawing her wings back the girl dropped softly onto the rocky ledge regarding the God with curiosity. What would it be like to be him? He was very handsome and that coming from her was a huge compliment considering she hated mostly everyone and everything. Tucking her massive wings neatly to her sides she let her head dip forward as she walked determined to figure out what was going on this time. Hopefully there was no new corrupted gods to deal with, especially not here in the middle of their home. The horrid plagues that had come and gone were more than enough to have to deal with alongside actually having to fight to ward off a being much greater than yourself. Letting her mane and forelock fall around her face she walked with pride and the usual feminine beauty. "Good evening my Lord." She greeted pleasantly with a genuine smile. "Is there something I might help you with?"

•• TAGS: God of Spark, Ashamin •• NOTES: I hope i'm not intruding. ••

“Just because it looks like a leprechaun and talks like a leprechaun, it doesn't mean it can't act like the little fucking demon it is.”
Table by Moonstone Designs Image by click <3
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Please Tag Rhea In All Threads
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the SPARK

"No - I just like shouting ' Haruspex ' into the night for fun. It keeps me youthful, you see." He replied dryly, rounding on his staunch haunches to face the hybrid. He didn't really fault Rhea for appearing - or for simply wanting to be in his presence. This odd celebrity-status that accompanied being a God was somehow imbued into their DNA. The wanted to know known and noticed by them, but in a way that seemingly rendered their rational capacities inert.

He was shouting for the Haruspex, and she wanted to know if she could help him with anything?

FIND ME THE DAMNED HARUSPEX WHO KEEPS NATTERING INTO MY MIRROR He thought loudly, but instead merely offered the hybrid a curved smile.

"Ashamin. I am here for him.." Lightning flashed around his body, as if to punctuate his point. But really it was just to try and give the Haruspex a landmark to find - if it wasn't obvious enough that he would show up here. 

"Wander often at midnight, do you?" He asked the mare, to pass the time. His bi-coloured tail flicked restlessly against his hocks as he regarded her with a dry scrutiny. Oh he had seen the hybrid often enough to know who she was. She appeared in the Basin's time streams often enough ... although he was well and truly surprised that she lasted with their lot as long as she had. Those wings? Even the God's own wings were not present - the faint crackle of electricity of which they were comprised was at the moment silent and invisible.

@Ashamin

Rhea Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

A soft chuckle escapes the mare's lips at the God's sarcastic comment. Strangely enough it would seem that they did have some sense of humor after all, and here she was thinking that they never had anything nice to say. Up until now all the encounters she had had with anyone of the God's had been brief and to the point considering they were either getting attacked by some monster or some other form of global anarchy. "I figured that was what you were doing." She replied with a amused smirk.

A lot had changed here since she had first been accepted into the herd by lady Illynx back many seasons ago including who carried the Haruspex title. It was a particular path that she had began to develop an interest in but had never really been sure who to ask about such a thing. Most of the Basiner's had a habit of disliking her, which was nothing out of the norm, so she figured that she wouldn't really be able to trust their replies. For all she knew they could be telling her the exact opposite just to screw with her. In her patrols she had swept around the perimeter and over the ice fields but could not recall seeing anyone out and about. The flash of lightning drew her attention from her thoughts but she didn't jump like many others normally would. Yes it could probably electrocute her in two seconds flat stopping her heart but what good was it to live life afraid of everything that could potentially kill you? It was better to live life to the fullest and put your fears far behind you to enable you the ability to do even the craziest things life could offer.

"What better time to get a little bit of peace and quiet. Also if someone where to attack wouldn't night time make all the more sense? Easier to be prepared than to put all your trust in a machine." She replied thinking to the Sentinels standing guard over the entrances. Ya so many had managed to walk right in without them even knowing, surely a living breathing warrior was much better suited to the job, not that she had a job.

•• TAGS: •• NOTES: ••

“Just because it looks like a leprechaun and talks like a leprechaun, it doesn't mean it can't act like the little fucking demon it is.”
Table by Moonstone Designs Image by click <3
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Please Tag Rhea In All Threads
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
Ashamin

Midnight came lonely. Ashamin had slept in the cold by the lake the day before and wandered home from it now with aimless unease. It had felt freeing to sleep far from the taunting mirror, but now that he was awake he could not help but feel it pulling him back. Unlike his last failed summons, the sky was not so clear and the overcast weather hid foresight from his coal eyes.

Lochan wandered just as idly but ahead of his bonded, and had it not been for the commotion in the far distance perhaps they would have kept that pace. Lochan, with sharper vision and keener instincts, noticed it before the haruspex did. That seemed to be a trend, really.

The dim outline of the cave flashed and a tremor swept through little Lochan. He was too young to speak but sharp enough to draw the painted buck's attention. Something was going down, and it was going down now. Now, of course, that Ashamin was not in his usual resting place, of all times.

They both set off at a fast pace, wasting no time. Ashamin barely had time to notice a pegasus--unfamiliar at this distance and level of low light--glide down from the skies and straight into his home. Lochan's white eyes lit with alarm that lit a fire under Ashamin. Somehow, he moved even faster across the white.

Was it that trespasser again? He hoped not, for her sake--it would only spell her doom. Little did he know she had died. Little did he know she wouldn't see the Basin ever again.

Still, he took fright at the sight of someone entering his home uninvited and from above, especially right after such a flash. He always said the Haruspex's cave was open to all, but whomever flew down was not someone he remembered ever meeting--not someone he'd ever given the open invitation to. What would he tell his lords and lady if the cave had been infiltrated and the mirror in some way harmed? What would he tell his God?

He heard his rank called in a tone he read as menacing, but the echoes of the cave and distance distorted it beyond recognition. Was it a challenge, then? He could tell only that it was male, loud, and powerful. Already, the painted buck feared it. Splinters of frost and dust filled the air behind him as he carved a line across the basin valley. He had to get to his cave, he had to get home, he had to be there, for once, when something happened. He did not slow even as the rocky formation drew nearer, and clamored past the ruby-eyed scorpion without even casting it a glance. It knew, though, what had happened. It was always watching, and surely it knew that a God had come to call.

Lochan had struggled to keep up with the pace of his bonded as it had quickened, and even if Ashamin would not slacken he had to. He lagged behind as the threshold passed over them and the cave engulfed the pair, small legs quivering and heart beating impossibly fast.

But Ashamin's heart, it stopped. Skipped a beat and crumbled as his magic sputtered and flared in a great display of useless impotence before the God that controlled it. Ashamin was not powerful, not yet and maybe not ever. He had prayed every night and dreamt of greeting the God by day, spoken to the mirror endlessly in hopes that his devotion might give some sign that he had been chosen for a reason other than error, and now that the God of the Spark was here he understood none of that, only this: Ashamin controlled absolutely nothing in his own temporal, mortal world.

Someday, he was going to die and this God probably wouldn't even blink twice.

Were it not for Lochan, Ashamin likely would have been too shocked into silence to speak. But the little cerndyr, though belated, crashed into Ashamin's hind legs when the haruspex stopped and shocked him to his senses. There was a God there, for him, so say something, damnit, say something right for once.

"My God," though, was all he could manage. In breathless and reverent awe he spoke it quietly. He thought nothing of the mare who stood between them, for in this moment she mattered so little. At last, divinity was speaking to him. And though he wanted to say more he could only whisper the same pair of words again as he bowed low and humbly.

"I have prayed for you," he tried to say as a choking sensation gripped his throat. The words came out silent, existing in a nether between thought and speech. Would the God know, that it had all been out of devotion? That it had been fear and adoration imbued with the love of immortal distance that had driven him to sleep beside the mirror and speak to it every time night rose?

Or would he just see a pathetic stag? Would he see only Ashamin's mangled horn touching the stone of his own home and body shaking with disbelief, or would he see the pious mind and heart that tried so hard?

""

Credit

@Mythical Request (DID I DO IT RIGHT ALSO I'M SO EXCITED AND ASHAMIN IS SO DEAD)

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Öde Posts: 145
Aurora Basin Disciple atk: 5 | def: 10 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: 4.5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Blu

Of course it had to be this night. This night when the moon hung just right in the sky, that the God chose to summon Ashamin.

To be clear, Öde fully understood that he was not the one being summoned. His title was not the HARUSPEX that was being bellowed across the tundra. His was not that word that thundered into the myriad of caves that lingered near the mirror, where all the disciples kept, where Öde himself stood and lived and cursed the new night.
Yet, how could he ignore something so tauntingly powerful, something so tantalizingly godly? Perhaps he was not the title that rose this clamor, but he was part of it, or he intended to be.

Except he'd rather not.

"Damnit," he swore into his crevice, bloodshot eyes glaring into the dark. "They do this on purpose I swear it." After a pause and a few more inaudible, choice curses whispered under his breath, Öde hobbled out of his hollow and slowly but surely made his way towards the electric gathering.

His movements were slow and clearly pained, much as they were the evening Ashamin called his lesson. There was a price to cheating death, and a cost to battling gods (where most of his current renewed scars were earned), and Öde paid it twice a month. Gritting his teeth through the agony the dark steed limped close enough to hear and be seen, but otherwise did not intrude further. It was not his place nor was he in the health to do so. He only even left his cave because of the god, though unfortunately it was on these poor terms. He had seen the Spark at the first fight, but that was different, not so intimate, so he surely couldn't miss this opportunity now.

openly Öde watched, even as he bled and his breathing shook where the memory of the ice spike knocking free a rib which in turn deflated a lung hung heavy on his mind. Not to mention the burns across his back and chest, staining the black blacker.

THE GLASS IS HALF EMPTY
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, including death - no decapitating.
Be aware active magic doesn't work in his vicinity due to his magic!

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the SPARK

"HAH. Invasion has been the last thing on everyone's mind, what with that time-bubble I enacted over all of you while we went off searching ... although ... if one of the herds was particularly clever, that would have been the perfect time to attack." Regarding Rhea with a solemn smirk, the God nibbled his lip in amusement. "I'm actually surprised you lot didn't think of it."

Before he might have said something even more sarcastic, the sound of breathing caught his ears. You know the sound - when you've just exerted yourself and you want to catch your breath, but you also don't want to just show up, gasping for air like an 800lb gorilla. That was the sound which drew the God's gaze. It screamed of someone who did everything there was to do, and yet drew the short straw. The one looked over. The try-hard, yet not affectionately so. In short, it screamed Ashamin.

"Well look who finally decided to show up." A joke. The God was not unaware that he had repeatedly put Ashamin's calls on send to voice mail. However as soon as the words left his lips, he regretted them.

Mortals could be so sensitive after all.

I have prayed for you

Ughhh.

"I know, I know. I was a tad bit busy though, as I'm sure you noticed. It's a little hard to encase an entire continent in a time bubble, adventure out into the nether and return just to be attacked, and simultaneously answer your summons. My life moves fast, yours incredibly slow." The God shrugged his shoulder and tilted his head to the side as if to say ehhhh shit happens. Before he continued, he caught side of Ode, lurking on the sidelines and appearing to be half-ways between living and dead. Though by the looks of him, the God couldn't decide which state would be better.
"Didn't you die?" He asked rather casually, as if either a 'yes' or 'no' would have been equally unsurprising. 

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
The Reaper paid no reverence to Gods. He obliged them for their power, for their condemnation, for their ability to carve lands and protect their token thresholds, but he didn’t bow at their feet, he didn’t muster any pledges, and he didn’t speak of their glories. Perhaps because he was born into a world of iniquity, where one took for themselves, for their allies, for their comrades, he didn’t believe they heightened his fate, his destiny; that he managed to carve his own pathway, that he’d wandered down these long stretches on his own volition and ambition. He didn’t give into the hands or claws of providence, chance, luck, or the stars – he made calculations, he drove persecution, he crossed borders and spun war. He didn’t believe in a predetermined whim, that someone could gaze into a crystal ball and know what he was going to do a year, a month, a moment from now – that some being reigned supremely over his actions, over his limbs, over his sinew (except perhaps Lucifer himself, conspiring and laughing and mocking his opus, his weapon, his masterful oeuvre) was an irritating, exasperating notion. It ground along his heart, crossed over his ribs, delved deep down into his bones, where the nettled, haunting throngs of his disastrous invocations glimmered and harpooned, lavished and courted, molding him to the call of the God. And like a hypocrite, because his crown was heavy, his shoulders were burdened, and the art of his herd required it, the Lord marched to the demands of a Haruspex and his beloved mirror; himself not called (once, the chime of the divine had beat against his brow; anointing him King again when they’d escaped their underground grotto).

He traced his way slowly, the movement of a predator, making himself known at the entrance of the cave with only a slight bob of his cranium to the God, and to the other beasts already within: the Pegasus mare who pouted and shrieked at the occasional herd meeting, the painted Haruspex, and his own nephew – whom had died? Then how was he here? The notions flickered and scratched at his mind, and for once, he was intrigued, curious, pulsing and devouring over the subjects, the information, the Time Lord had to offer – because something was amiss, either due to the endless fights amidst new grounds (which he’d ravished, enjoyed bringing down those who were mighty, but couldn’t understand what lay beyond the walls of the Rift), or the strange contemplation of Ode dying and becoming reborn again. Instead of offering anything, any nuance, any semblance of conversation, he molded back into a familiar, silent, brooding character, waiting, watching, and witnessing - wanting answers, craving sagacity.
Death, you bring death, and destruction to all that you touch.

- bg - table - art -

Ashamin

Ode and the reaper--two creatures of death--arrived and sent shivers through the haruspex's veins. But his dark eyes were still bugged with embarrassing and childlike devotion, his long tail was still stopped from curling by the God's commanding presence. He did everything he could, but the God was right. Whether by his own intervention or something completely extra-circumstantial, Ashamin did not have the best of luck.

At least not in the matter of his actual job, that is--of being a seer. He'd done tremendously well on all battlefields as of late, proving his late father's expectations to be incorrect and his own hesitation to be unnecessary. Perhaps the God had noticed such prowess, at least in the fight against the foreign deities. Perhaps the King of Spark would point it out...

Well look who finally decided to show up.

Ashamin's heart stung. He could not hide the emotional hurt, it manifested as a weakening of his stance and a physical blow. He staggered a step backwards and his heart beat louder and faster until he could sense little else. How long had he kept the God waiting? Ashamin forgot about all the times he had waited, all he could sense was this God's powerful impatience and his own horrible failure.

"My apologies," he murmured softly. The God would hear, the God would know. Didn't the God of the spark know all? But then again, shouldn't the God have known how fast Ashamin had run to be there now?

It occurred to Ashamin at last that maybe the Spark God knew and just didn't care. Not all Gods could be kind--Ashamin had not been promoted within the Hidden Falls or even the Dragon's Throat, which unbeknownst to him had more tolerant gods. No, he had been appointed as haruspex, servant to perhaps the most arrogant God of them all.

Still, he would be devoted. He did not know any other life than this.

"Of course..." he said in scattered reply, trying to piece together the God's words. He wanted to ask why the God had done such things but could not gather up the courage. He only thought of it, looked up blankly at the stallion with wet and hollowed eyes. "The Basin thanks you. You protected us fiercely at the Blood Falls. Your sacrifices have been generous," he said with a sideways glance at Deimos. He wasn't certain his lead or really any others in the Basin felt the same, but he knew it was his position to speak for the herd's needs and he felt he needed to express that gratitude before he could even think about any of that. He didn't know what to expect from this conversation. He didn't know much of anything at all.

The buck turned to look at Ode, now that he could focus a little better. It was Lochan that had encouraged the Haruspex to take in the boy's appearance--how was he always so grievously injured? And then the God asked if Ode had died... or at least Ashamin thought the question was for the emissary. The emissary that seemed to loathe Ashamin's authority so much, the one always covered in brooding and blood with nothing nice to say, the emissary that was Ode.

Ashamin too had died, in a dream. He remembered it so clearly, clear enough that it hurt that he was still alive. Had Ode dreamt this too? Ashamin turned back to the God, large ears perked forward, and awaited anything more the God could tell them.

""

Credit

Kick me if I screwed up post order but I have no clue how it's working right now and I was waiting for someone who I guess isn't posting IDK? Sorry.
@Mythical Request

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.

Blu

Öde had to resist a laugh at Ashamin's expense as the Time God ribbed him with his tongue better than his horn; the sound instead came out like a strangled snort, reminiscent of a pig's oink. He tried to mask it with a rough cough and a groan, the latter not really being a charade as the jostle to his organs renewed that endless agony he endured this evening.

Surely if Öde were on the receiving end his mirth wouldn't be so free, but he wasn't, and so it was. In fact, quiet as he sustained himself, the broad grin nonetheless flashed across his lips, exposing his teeth like a hungry wolf as he clung to his distance and whatever shadows the night had to offer. Everything considered though, Öde was sure he was a bit more open to such casual conversation with a God. True, he was expecting something a bit more, well, godly. Proper perhaps, professional surely, like all leaders were supposed to be, figure heads to inspire and rouse the herd to motivation and action when the need came. It was hard to love sarcasm, especially when the frigid north already bit you often enough.

So Öde was not immune to the disappointment that he was sure Ashamin was feeling before the god, accentuated by his own stubbornly cordial replies. Simultaneously though, Öde relished the manner of the Time God, for it felt so, so, equal. If the God before them could be at such ease in conversation, then it felt even easier for Öde to reach at the heavens and grasp the godlihood for himself. The notion widened his smirk, soon lost to a wince when next he breathed.

Yet the shadows did not hold Öde secure, and the God did place him beneath his teeth. It was such a simple, short, smooth question that Öde almost didn't notice it. he only did because his attention was rapt on the deity, obsessing over him in ways similar, yet disparagingly different from Ashamin. At once the realization of being addressed dawned on Öde and in response his head lifted suddenly. the movement pulled taut parts better left loose, and in response pain flared so cruelly he shrunk into himself even further, his bloodied gaze glazed over. His teeth grit before parting to shovel out a reply, doing his best to seem at ease and conscious he was utterly failing at it. Was this how Ashamin felt every time before the mirror?

"I did," he affirmed, and thought to leave it at there. Surely that'd be enough to satisfy the God, but now that he had managed to garner some attention he was reluctant to let it go, however poor his grasp and his condition in the spotlight. "And I have, but then i don't," he tried to stay cool and casual, as if immortality were a walk in the park for someone like him, and like the Spark.

In the end that's all it really was. He died, and then he didn't any more, and all the while he hurt for it and it was both a reminder of his godhood and his mortality, loving and loathing it like some sort of hostile relationship.

THE GLASS IS HALF EMPTY

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode

Zandora Posts: 85
Outcast atk: 7.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 HH :: 7 years HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Evara :: Black Leopard :: None ShadowMare
Zandora

Much of her life seemed to consist of walking around, wondering the isles of Helovia like an aimless creature searching for something that was never going to be found. She had realized that her life held no consistency, held no strong bondage that would keep her motivated, but rather simply that she had fallen in a rut. One that's depth matched the stars that glittered on this strangely silent night. It had been a while since the solider(if she could even consider herself that) had returned to her home in the ice capped mountains of the Aurora Basin, avoiding certain people that dwelled within it's frosted forts. To think that she would be let so easily back in the gates was obviously quite unrealistic, her delicate ears undesirably tipping forward to lead her eyes to a gathering that called out for her attendance. 

When she neared, it was regretted immediately that she followed her childish curiosity. Why, when curiosity killed he cat, did the cat not just take curiosity with him? It surely would make her life so much easier, the bane of it being just that; curiosity. It was true, she avoided Ashamin for reasons that were deemed right in her writings, feeling as if Ashamin deserved more then she could ever offer. So she stayed away, the toxicity of their "friendship" poisonous to the both of them. If it was hazardous, it must not be friendship at all. She tried to not let her eyes linger on the familiar patches of onyxs and whites too long, glancing around to catch the hide of her land's patron. It was then, she realized that Zandora was deep, oh so deep in the abyss of fucked up feelings and fucked up thoughts, that a mortal stole her thoughts before an immortal did. 

Suddenly she felt out of place, a mere soldier amongst a god, a king, a haurspex, and a few others that she hadn't seen before, but was sure that they belonged. Nearing the black and crimson, she stood by him as she listened to what the night would unfold, a small dip of her nose acknowledged those of one life and many. Words would only leave her mouth if one felt it was necessary to address her. 

Zandora kept her gaze glossed, never letting the shield of hers crack again, no one was to see the inner turmoil that burdened her. Everyone had their own problems, and Zandora needed to learn how to deal with hers. This world was not one that needed another that had fallen to it's tests, she would not allow it the joy, her father the joy. So Zandora would grit her teeth and prevail, for that's all she knew how to do. 

OCC: sorry but I just had to sneak in on this one :)

Image Credits!
[Image: 56a075b49df35]
No restrictions on things that can happen to Zandora, please tag in first posts only.

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the SPARK

"Well, that'll happen when you cheat death. It stings like a bitch." The God responded, nodding to Ode as if the topic was old hat; the usual, no big deal. After all, who cheated death more often than the God of Time? He knew. Still, it piqued his interest that Ode seemed to defy death regularly - or at least, he indicated that it had happened more than once. Interesting...

The God's flat gaze shifted back to Ashamin, and, as he spoke, it became clear that the kid was all sorts of sincere, and completely lacking any humour. What so ever. At all. Oi...

"It isn't much of a sacrifice when you know you'll live through it, kid." The God replied with a sigh that sounded something akin to what a time-lapse of water slowing eating a way a boulder might look like. Suddenly, for all of his timelessness, the God looked old. And more importantly, tired.

"So I'm here now - what is it I can do for the Basin? How's that tent working out?" His second question was lobbed towards Deimos. "Getting as much use out of it as you thought?" Of course the God knew of the Plague .. but he also knew that they had been relatively ... at ease as of late. Many members had seemingly gone (or died). Was that the end of it, then? Time would tell (even if the God wouldn't).

Heather
  Intrigued – the Reaper stayed in his portending, silent void, hollowed and hallowed, watching and attending as the occupants stated their responses, Ode who died and came back and died all over again, Ashamin who thanked, Zandora who appeared, and the God, who chided, who listened, and who took a moment to savor the sliding whims of the Plague. Deimos was careful about how he proceeded, because the deity oversaw everything within their corridors, would know, would recognize, the fall of the Plague (probably laughed when the King attempted to reunite them beneath the folds of that silent, eerie tent, and falling into the abyss when only a few remained; chiseled in their beliefs). Everyone else within the scene was likely ignorant of the ways they’d mauled the earth; too young, too innocent, to be dragged down into furtive flames and unwinding, obliterating hatred – but with Illynx’s disappearance, with Deimos’ lack of charisma, the ways in which they’d yearned to destroy had shifted. So he parted his mouth with no lie on his tongue, with no menace on his mouth, partaking only in the vague, only in the shift of a brow, only in the pondering of how far the Spark God’s powers reached and how much he’d seen in the years that’d come to pass. “Not lately,” as if that summed up the entirety of the Plague’s actions; they hadn’t done anything lately, they hadn’t murdered anyone lately, they hadn’t concocted new schemes lately because there was no one around, because there was no leader, because it’d fallen apart like splintered factions – leaving everyone else to conjure their hate by other means. “We will utilize it more in the future.” To what purpose, he didn’t say – likely meetings for the entire herd, where birds and gliders and others couldn’t hear the whisper of their plans, where prisoners could be tortured while songbirds sang nearby, oblivious to the loathing and abhorrence inside, where secrets could be shared with none the wiser.

Instead of peeling away the bounty of their wares, he aspired more to the grand notions of recent ventures – remembering the shifting of this Rift, of Gods falling apart at their feet, at destruction uncovering new lands and deceit unfurling foreign kingdoms. A portion of him worried about his herd, how to serve and ensure their security with these incoming threats, with these strange creatures, with these molten, shattered remnants of deities splintering around them. He recalled Ming Yue’s words in their passing, in her acceptance, in unexplainable connections, sickly deadly places, how they were once magnificent, then exposed into decaying, dreadful whims. “I am curious about the new lands and fallen Gods,” here, he paused, layering the questions tactfully, trying to pinpoint exactly which avenue he yearned to traverse. “I have spoken with Ming Yue, who claimed her land became connected to Helovia – that it had been dying.” Was theirs to succumb eventually, too? Would they rot and decay and become shadowed, like Isilme, like his beautiful Moonlit Tides, washed away by darkness and the void? “I wish to guard the Basin as best I can – will there be more Gods to destroy?” His nonchalant gaze became one fractious with something else, something unnamed, something foreign, tangled and nestled along his brow, along his face, as he continued amidst reflections and divine ones. “Are there other means to annihilate these foes?” Is this what they would be doing until the end of time, harpooning and massacring (because while he was glad to spend his last days in barbaric haste and bestial glory, he had to think about his kingdom, his people, his land)? 

- bg - table - art -

Tagging @Ashamin next simply for plot reasons. Post order has become a lie.

Ashamin

The haruspex was thankful for Deimos' interjection. The reaper seemed to have more knowledge on the whole--not just about how to deal with a God, but also about the rift and recent events. And... a tent. Frankly, Ashamin didn't even know that the Basin had a tent. But that was a lesson for another time--a thing to discover on another wandering.

He listened carefully, watching Deimos with careful intent. The stallion was intimidating and would perhaps always scare Ashamin after what had happened between them at the endless blue, but he knew his way around a conversation when he wanted to, apparently. Ashamin guessed that Deimos just hadn't wanted to hold a conversation with him.

He tried to not let his gentle heart ache too much, at that.

When Deimos spoke of guarding the basin, Ashamin inhaled sharply with concern. He had watched the Sentinels often, staring out at them as he rose and the sun set, but only on a recent outing had he realized that their ruddy color was due not to the sunset but a creeping coating of rust. No longer did the sentinels stand between the Basin and threat. They would need something better, something else.

"I believe Deimos is correct, the Basin is in need of a line of force on the border. If such a threat as the Rift gods were to rise again, those left alone in the Basin--too weak or young to fight--should not fear for their safety. The Sentinels have begun to decay, and they do not protect as as they once would have," Ashamin admitted sadly. Not only that, but they didn't exactly represent the basin's population, anymore. The icy valley's numbers included horned and winged alike, perhaps someday even more. There was something unwelcoming, biased, about simply two unicorns at the gate.

The only problem was, he had to think of something better. And the only think he could think of that terrified him most, that would keep him and maybe others at bay, was what scared him so deeply: the predator's mask, the wolf.

Ashamin looked nervously at Deimos, and then again at the God. He could not sacrifice what could be this herd's best chance at safety based on his own fears, he would need to overcome them.

"Wolves already wander the steppe outside our border," Ashamin suggested quietly, trying to hold the God's gaze as he did so. "Perhaps their essence could be harnessed to guard us, given the electric might of your power and some work on our side, God."

Was that how Ashamin was supposed to address Him? Was there another name? His long tail snaked at his back as he second guessed himself, second guessed everything. But no, this was a good idea. Maybe.

""

Credit

[Ashamin is asking for electric wolves to protect the basin and its members, on behalf of the Basin. Discussed and approved with leads. Heather can provide more details.]

@Mythical Request

EDIT: Heather will be using a VOTG pass for this.

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the SPARK

The God looked positively casual as he regarded Deimos. The Reaper had been a fixture of the Basin ever since the God had unmasked the mountainous regions from the cobwebs of time. Didn't Deimos have any desires to do anything else? As the bringer of death rightly assumed, the God knew all about the crumbling facade that was the Plague. He was surprised that it hadn't lasted longer, actually. It had all of the right foundations and motivations - the right leadership ... Or at least, had. But even without Illynx, the Doctor, and a few other members, surely Deimos had what it took to keep it going? The God wasn't a big fan of racism, but he did appreciate the efforts made to just maintain the status quo - we're over here, you stay over there - nothing wrong with that.

"It's your tent, do what you want." He offered with a shrug, but without his normal accusatory tones.

His ears flickered as the Riftian-issue was addressed. There was no mention of disease...no questions about their intentions ... just an inquiry as to how to destroy them, or, how to keep them away. The God snorted, smirking at the Reaper as he slowly shook his head. "Nah. I think my kin all but took care of them-" He began, his voice careless and uninterested as if it was all old hat. Which, for the God of fucking Time, it basically was. Miss Yue was correct. That was why we chose the four lands that we did - they were dying of a disease that we could both heal and rectify - which we did. "

His gaze shifted to Ashamin as he piped up. "Your sentinels are decaying because Ulrik decided to vacate these frosty mountains in lieu of somewhere warmer." Which was just to say, they aren't my problem, kid.

"Unless I open another portal, they have no means by which to enter into Helovia - " The God continued, answering Deimos' final question. "And I'm not planning on performing that trick anytime soon."

As Ashamin suggested something about harnessing the essence of wolves using the God's powers, the God cocked a hip as well as an eyebrow and returned the Haruspex's gaze. 

Wolves?

They were worried about Gods that just popped out of thin air, hoards of new citizens arriving on their borders, something about children being too young to fight, and wolves from the Steppe was the thing that they concluded would be best for them?

.... Had he left them alone in the mountains too long?

"You even know what it means to harness an essence? You think I just snap my fingers (which would be quite a feat, given his cloven hooves) and essences are harnessed? If he didn't think that Ashamin might run away crying if he was berated anymore, the God might have continued. But he did, so he didn't. 

"So ... you want wolves to patrol the borders. And pray tell, Haruspex, how they will tell friend from foe? Ulrik's sentinels could learn by simple calculations - all it took was someone being led through in order for the sentinels to render them friendly. Just how do you think a pack of feral wolves, even with their essences harnessed will know good from bad?"

Blu

Then, just like that, the spotlight turned from the god-child and he was left to suffer the pains of his immortality. He grunted, not sure if he appreciated that fact or not. Still though he lingered, for exposed or not, addressed or not, it was enough to bask in the presence of their god. There was worth to it, aside from just Öde's compulsive need to draw in the power of the immortals, there was also knowledge being swapped around. For instance, he'd no notion they had a tent at all, or why on earth it would be useful or necessary, but it had to be something if a god was willing to mention it, right?

Öde didn't have long to wonder because the Reaper soon picked up the conversation, short as he was with his words. He was hardly revealing though, much to Öde's disappointment, a feature which revealed itself in the frown of his lips. The moment passed however as Deimos echoed some of Öde's curiosity on the new lands and the horses that came from them and their gods, now dead. The god relayed more snippets of valuable information regarding it all, but it was nothing new, just expectations confirmed - no more portals, so no more lands, no more riftians, and no more gods. On the one had Öde was disappointed for the news, but on the other, he was utterly impressed with the ability of his own patron. Could Öde one day be so powerful?

Turning his head to watch Ashamin now as he spoke, Öde was startled to find a purple and black mare lingering in the shade with him. Snorting, Öde lifted his head, eyeing her. She was not an unattractive mare he decided, and her presence, though unnoticed until now (how long had she been there!?) was not obtrusive, so he made no move against her. Besides, Ashamin was saying something interesting for once, so Öde's ears pricked to listen.

Öde's reaction was quiet, but not so different from the Time god's which came swiftly in turn. Though, Öde had to admit, wolves were certainly a good choice of protection, but he supposed he was biased on that aspect - the recognition made him grin. Choosing to hold his tongue lest he draw unwanted attention to himself, Öde mulled over the questions in his head. Real wolves knew their pack through scent and sound, perhaps sight to some degree. Scent wouldn't be plausible with an essence, Öde guessed, not could he imagine how to alter one's scent to make them accepted - it could be learned he supposed, but most wolf packs were family, born into it, so their smell was already similar. Howling was a way they found each other and communicated - although it would be hilarious to watch new arrivals howl to enter, he supposed something like a set phrase could work, but that seemed like intel easily stolen. A meat offering, perhaps, he smirked.

"What do you think of wolves?" he asked the girl lingering near him, the voice so quiet only she could hear. It still pained him to even be here, and to talk was no easy feat on the agony his lung remembered, but sometimes Öde couldn't help himself. He certainly wasn't leaving, he'd already learned so much and he certainly would never walk away from a god or Ashamin being embarrassed, much less both at once. "I think we just need a better trained army," he murmured again to her, unaware of her role, but he meant nothing by the comment having been a soldier before this and still a participant on the battlefield, as was the haruspex. Then again Öde was use to relying on his physical and mental prowess, since his main magic kept it from others, he never really dealt in magical affairs and had no real items to his name, not any large want of them. He was a simple stallion in ways of artifacts, and he thought of the world simply because of it; he was young yet though.

Besides, it was better to watch Ashamin stew beneath the rough regard of the god. As much as Öde liked their patron more and more, he did not envy the haruspex his position any longer. Perhaps it would be smoother under the careful care of Öde's hooves, but he suspected the Time god was liable to generate sparks regardless of the limp-horned caller or not.

THE GLASS IS HALF EMPTY

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode

Heather
  There was nothing more – the way the deity molded and shaped his words, it was as if naught had been amiss. Things were taken care of, things had been maneuvered, chess pieces all aligned, herds and empires regrown in the bed of chaos. But something slithered and coiled around the Reaper’s mind like a noose, tightening and clenching, pondering all the while if there wasn’t something else lurking beyond the veil – wasn’t there always one more threat to be annihilated? Wasn’t there always some piece, some puzzle, they’d yet to find, discover, and abolish until it was too late? What about the way the earth had crumbled when the Moon Goddess set her sights on Gaucho and allowed him to murder? What about the way the worlds had shifted when their friends became their enemies, attacking and assailing until companions were foes, and they were forced to flee into underground chambers and sunken grottos? He didn’t voice his dissent - the Time God would know of it anyway – but the wariness, the apprehension, the safety and security of his lands, his people, never left the Machiavellian scorch of his skull.

But the Haruspex administered another topic, a branch, a barb, a thorn from prior words: unveiling chasms of withering, decaying Sentinels, a price they paid when Ulrik disappeared into the midst, slinking into the art of protection, and damnation. They’d been in the metal guardians’ shadows for many seasons, and the imposing structures had made them appear all the more ferocious, all the more intimidating, while the creatures inside may have been growing weaker, complacent, parceled away from arguments and mired opinions. Now, as the metal descended deeper into the snow, as it rusted, as it broke away and aged, it was too brittle for any amount of security – just one more hunk of presence wasting away in the icy gloom. On instinct, by habit, the winter Lord glanced outside the cave and towards the structures, the fragments he’d known for so long, and knew they too would need to receive a proper burial. His eyes closed for a few seconds, drifting away to days of power, days of supremacy, days that seemed so eerily, bitterly lost now, and he didn’t know how to get them back. One more era gone by; one more erosion he'd been too slow to stop.

The nonchalant stare returned to the discourse soon after, tangling his thoughts into the conversation. As the Spark God snapped and crackled, as the world pulsed and pervaded with frustrations and gesticulations, the demonic King remained his calm, indifferent, composed self – not sketching over the foundations of the perils leading them to this moment, not drawn over treacherous arts or simmering boughs. Would it be easy to tether themselves to the predacious, stalking canines haunting their grounds? Could it be simplistic? “We could hunt them,” he offered into the crowd, vocals deep and consuming, layering the core of the cavern with their blunt, keen design. “When they are caught, your powers,” here he turned to the God, “could bind them to the land.”

- bg - table - art -

@Ashamin

[Also confirming I'll be using a VOTG pass for the herd quest. <3]

Ashamin

Unsurprisingly, the God of Time's criticism stuck Ashamin hard in the chest. He did what he could to breathe easy, to not stagger back and show a host of physical signs of his distress. All that slipped out was a twisting of his snake tail and a sharp inhale as breath filled his lungs. Blood rushed to his ears and he listened to the twin organs expand as they grew fat with air turned to breath. Or was it only breathe once it had left the lungs? He distracted himself with that question.

Thankfully, Deimos stepped in. And the ease with which the reaper addressed the issue was so swift in coming that Ashamin relaxed. He understood, then, why the dark and grumpy shadow had become Lord of the Basin. It wasn't because he was intimidating, it wasn't simply an incident of seniority, no. Deimos was Lord of the Basin because he was damn good at it.

The haruspex slowly exhaled and let sound return to him. He watched Deimos handle the conflict (or the one that Ashamin perceived) with skill and quiet dignity. These were qualities that Ashamin himself did not yet have. Watching Deimos, though, brought him calm. The haruspex sorted through ideas, sought out answers for the question the God had posed. When the scene grew quiet, when the podium was his to stand behind, he was somehow ready to speak.

"Wolves and dogs share ancestry, don't they? I'm sure the former could be trained to respond to a word only member of the Basin know, perhaps even better than their domesticated brethren. They're cunning creatures, smart enough I'm sure to learn a new word at the change of the season, too." Ashamin looked towards his lord as if for affirmation before daring a look at the Spark God. Was this all a terrible idea, or a great one?

""

Credit

Ashamin is proposing that the wolves be bonded to a command word that changes every season.
@Mythical Request
@Deimos

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the SPARK

"The reason dogs and wolves diverged in their ancestral lineages, is because one of them decided they were alright with commands and the novelties associated with being trained, and the other didn't. Wolves stayed feral precisely because they decided listening to commands was a tad out of their long-term plans."

They wanted wolves as pets? That's what it sounded like to the God.

"I give you a mountain of solitude, and you want to enslave wolves." The God muttered to himself, shaking his head. Oh sure, he understood the draw of the plan. But he hadn't allowed wolves to litter the landscape just to be enslaved. "They will not listen to you. They will not learn your passwords, nor will I force them to. " He muttered, internally grumbling to himself about mortals and their plans. Why hadn't they just asked him in the first place? Why hadn't they just said they wanted more protection, and left it to him? If slavery was off the table, the God might have been amused at the smallness of the mortals, trying to conduct their own fates. But as it was, he wasn't. He had just fought off a hoard of Riftian Gods after all.  He was not necessarily in the mood for this.

"You will not touch the wolves here, but you will learn to respect them, if for no other reason than to appreciate the stupidity of what you have asked.  There is a pack not too far from here ... I want you to hunt for them, want to you clear the land of some of their natural predators, and I want you to watch them. Learn from them what you can. Once you have done this - and I do mean all of you, we shall see what is to become of your request."

Sorry for the delay, we were working out how these quests will work from here on out. So a few notes:

1. There is no time limit - take as long as you want. The only way this quest will 'end' is if there is an invasion and you are no longer in control of the Basin
2. All of your 'ranked characters' (that is, everyone with rank magic) MUST POST TWICE. **NOTE** All of your ranked positions MUST BE FILLED. So 5 warriors, 3 healers, 2 crafters, etc.
3. 50% of your unranked members (so all those not included in 2) must post AT LEAST ONCE. There are 33 members of the AB as of this posting. Once your rank-magic ranks are filled (a total of 15), you will need to have 9 other members post. ([33-15]/2)

If someone with a ranked position is unable to post, skype/PM us and we'll talk about how demotions for this sort of thing work.

Your herd quest
Sparky wants the Basin to gain appreciation and respect for the animals that they tentatively want to enslave (in his opinion). He wants you to feed the wolves (so threads could be about capturing and killing things for them to eat, and/or delivering/placing food for them), help eliminate some of their predators (maybe you could utilize the NPC account and help kill an abominable snow monster thats been harassing them), and he wants you to just generally watch and learn about them.