the Rift

[OPEN] sing me spanish lullabies

Galiel Posts: 22
Hidden Account
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.0 :: 1
Giaerie

Ugh. Why? WHY? Why did I have to jump into that fight? Why did I have to get in the way? Why did I want to protect everybody back then? And what good did it get me? Sure the boy, Zero, was safe from the tiger, but I had put myself in danger and for that I had been hit with Zero’s lightning magic from his…Squishy. Damn I still don’t understand what made him name that thing Squishy.

Anywho, back to me. So long story short, I jumped into a fight with a monster, got shocked by Zero’s magic, and now I’m left in pain and finding it difficult to control my legs at times. That was why it was taking me so long to travel anywhere after that battle. I mean I had waited long enough on those islands until I felt safe enough to cross the channel back to the mainland (which so happened to be during low tide) but travelling still was difficult. Every so often a leg would twitch this way or that way and send me stumbling. Half the time I used my wings just to counter balance myself which was all fine and dandy until they too started aching just like the rest of my body.

“Time for a rest,” I say to myself through exhausted breaths as I leaned against a tree that seemed almost giant. This place sure was different from the Celestial Wood, but in many ways it was also similar. For one this place felt ancient and so did the Celestial Wood. But the Celestial Wood didn’t feel as dreary as this place did. Hopefully nothing bad would happen while I was here, lord knows I’m not capable of even trying to defend myself right now.

"speech"
notes:: @Aeolus & open to anybody else who wants to jump in 8D

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator

Aeolus Posts: 100
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: 3 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

After the tiger battle the colt had bolted just needing to get away and not look back. He wasn't scared about the battle but seeing his friend laying there so motionless and cold..that he could not take. Tears continued to leak from the corners of his eyes as he remembered the white filly Erthe from when he had been wandering the flats. She had been a little strange but she had been his friend! This was not supposed to happen! She was supposed to be alive still! Shaking his head he paused to wipe the moisture from his eyes just as he crossed into the forest. Really he hadn't a clue why he had come here of all places when he really had wanted to go home but something about this place seemed to appeal to him at this moment. Perhaps it was the darkness or the enclosed feeling it gave him but it was better than being out in the middle of a field that was for sure.

Calming himself down slowly he stood in complete silence just letting his breathing slow his heart rate as his mind started to reason with itself. Maybe Erthe hadn't been dead... maybe she had only been knocked out. Ya that was a better answer and surely the Earth god should have been able to keep her alive right? Tucking his wings tightly around him more for the security than anything else just wanting to escape the morbidity he had just witnessed in the battle. Thankfully his hearing had somehow returned to normal, hearing all those cries of pain and the blood gushing it had done a real number on his poor mind. Shivering at the thought he attempted to banish those thoughts from his head into some other dimension where he could forget all about it.

It took a little bit until the colt managed to make his legs move again heading in amongst the trees hopefully headed in the general direction of home. Flicking his ears the soft sounds of breathing echoed through the silence drawing his attention off course. "Hello?" He called uneasily not sure if he really wanted to know what was out there. "Is someone there?"

Aeolus Speaks
Aeolus Thinks

•• TAGS: @Galiel •• NOTES: The battle messed him up a little bit. ••

“The more you try to crush your true nature, the more it will control you. Be what you are. No one who really loves you will stop.”
Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]
Avatar 1 by Destrier Designs, Avatar 2 by BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**

Hidden Account
Giaerie

I don’t how long it was before I finally felt like I had caught my breath. And then the wood fell silent around me. It was almost an eerie silence, but at the same time inviting. It enveloped me in its warm embrace. Comforted me with the tranquility of the wood.

It reminded me of home. It almost felt like home.

But it wasn’t home.

‘Hello? Is someone there?’ The voice snapped my attention back to reality as it cut through the still air, breaking the mirage that I so desperately wished were true. But this wasn’t home, this was someplace else. Someplace where magic existed. Someplace where bad things happened and good things too.

Which one was this person going to be?

Curious, I inched myself around the giant tree while leaning against it until I could just poke my head around to look at whomever was on the other side. To my surprise though, I only saw someone who looked about as old as I. He may be a year older but looks could be deceiving. Also to note, he seemed sort of pinkish in color with golden and black wings.

Icy blues watched him as his ears flicked to and fro and his legs seemed to cautiously move him about. Was something wrong? Why was he acting so frightened, yet so riled up at the same time? Perhaps it was time for me to reveal myself? After all, what harm could a pinkish boy about my age be?

“Over here,” I call out to him as I worked on standing before him. Darn these stupid twitching legs. Curse Zero’s electrical magic. Once I’m where he could see me clearly, I stop and look at him for a little while before realizing it would probably be courteous to ask him what was bothering him. So naturally, my face fills with a worried look, “Um, are you okay?”

Obviously something was wrong, he seemed so out of sorts in a way. Perhaps there was something I could do to help him with whatever it was.

"speech"
notes:: @Aeolus

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator

nickel

Wiping the tears from his face using his foreleg the brindled colt tried to steady himself so he was not so all over the place emotion wise. It was hard when you had just watched your friend die in front of you and not be able to do anything about it. Poor Erthe... she had been so nice to him and they had had fun, it was so sad that she was gone. Shaking his head once more to rid the thoughts from flashing before his eyes the boy pulled his head up and took a breath while his heart continued to beat rapidly in his chest. Startling slightly as a voice actually answered his calls he jumped back a step in surprise his eyes zipping over to the source. Blue eyes find the young girl easily but his brain takes a little while to catch up with the rest of him. Was he dreaming that all this was happening?

Blinking multiple times just to make sure that he really isn't imagining things he allows himself to see the beautiful filly for the first time. Ignoring the twitchiness his optics take in everything about her curiously while he couldn't recall why she looked familiar. Based on her scent there wasn't anything really obvious so she wasn't from the Fall's or the Edge. (those being the only two scents he knew of the herds) Clearing his throat of the fogginess that still hung heavy he tried to appear better off than he actually was. "I'm fine." He replied trying to not sound as if he had been crying for the last hour or so as if his red blotchy eyes didn't give that away already. "Who are you?" He asked softly taking a couple steps forward with his head lowered so not to scare the girl off.

Observing her cautiously it was now that the twitching/trembling vaguely started to dawn on him to realize that she must be hurt. Saying to hell with the cautious steps that would take forever he chose to slowly advance one step at a time until he was close enough to see her clearly. "Are you hurt?" He asked genuinely concerned about the mare's condition rather than his own problems at the present time.

Aeolus Speaks
Aeolus Thinks

•• TAGS: @Galiel •• NOTES: ••

“The more you try to crush your true nature, the more it will control you. Be what you are. No one who really loves you will stop.”
[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]

Hidden Account
Giaerie
hold fast to dreams,
for if dreams die,
life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go,
life is a barren field —
frozen with snow.
Icy blues watched the colt as he jumped backwards after I called out to him. I flinched slightly as I had not intended on frightening him at all. In fact, I was feeling slightly afraid myself. So why was he so rattled?

For a little while the colt just stares at me. Was there something on my face? My cheeks grew warm as lood rushed to them. Why was he staring at me? Then his voice begins to pierce the still air again with him stating that he was fine. Then why did he look so out of sorts? Not wanting to push the subject, I remained silent as he continued on with a question.

‘Who are you?’ he asked me. Long ago, I wouldn’t have had any trouble answering that question. I was Galiel, the daughter of the master healer in the Celestial Wood, daughter of the three moons. My eyes drifted to the symbol of my family that I wore around my neck. Two silver crescent moons encircling a smaller full moon. My family crest. My only memento and piece of home I had left.

Because the Celestial Wood was no more.

“My neme is Galiel,” I call out to him softly. Then I lifted my gaze back up to him to see him approaching me very slowly with his head lowered and then his pace picked up a little bit of speed until he was within a respectable, but close, distance away. ‘Are you hurt?’ concern seemed to wash over him as he eyed me. But the question caught me slightly off guard. I didn’t expect to meet anybody here in these woods – besides maybe Areli – let alone have someone worrying over me.

“Oh,” I gasp out, “I’ll be fine. I just got hurt trying to help a friend in a fight against a monster on some island. I zink et vill go avay eventually.”

Lies. To be truthfully honest, I had no idea if this would ever heal and go away. I was zapped by magical lightning for pete’s sake. I knew nothing in the area of magic. Soft blue eyes looked at the colt again as he looked at me.

Were his eyes red?

Concern flowed through me as I noticed his red eyes and pieced it together with how he had been acting. Should I ask him about what was bothering him, because something obviously was. “Are,” I stammered out, “I mean, who are you?”

Better to let him bring up what was bothering him versus me prying I guess.

"Talk."
image credits

Please tag me in ALL posts!
Use of magic and force on Gali is permitted so long as there is no permanent serious injury or death.

nickel

It took the boy by surprise to hear that this filly was also present at the fight against the tiger, surely he would have remembered someone like her. So much had happened during that battle that his mind really was not comprehending half of what went on after Erthe got... No he would not say the word it made things all too real. It was hard enough to pull himself together already without reminding himself of such a tragedy all over again. Vaguely he found himself wondering why someone so young would willingly fight a monster but he supposed that it was for the same reason that he had found himself there. This was one thing he needed to make sure that mother never found out about or he would be grounded for life. Mother already worried about too much if she caught wind that he had been present at the battle, he didn't even want to think about how she would react.

Letting the pretty girl draw his attention back away from reality for another while he shook his head to clear away the horrible scenes that kept trying to plaster themselves back across his vision. "I am Aeolus." He replied simply forcing his face to smile despite his obvious out of it condition. Scanning the girl over for wounds he couldn't see anything from where he was standing but that certainly did not mean that there was nothing wrong. Despite her words of being alright somehow he was highly doubting that she was actually telling him the truth considering he wasn't exactly telling her the whole story either. "Was it the tiger that hurt you? You should have someone look at you just to make sure." He commented unable to help himself from being worried about Galiel.

Giving a sympathetic look he sighed softly deciding that he might as well come clean about his whole situation if he expected her to do the same. "I was there too and it was horrible. You got lucky, one of my friends...one of my...friends d..." Trailing off with the inability to say the words died, death, dead or anything relating to the term he fought back a new pang of grief as it hit him yet again. He had only met Erthe once but he had cared about her as a friend making it all the harder to deal with the harsh reality that she was gone and never coming back. She was not even that much older than he was, what if something like that had happened to him? Would anyone really care or notice? Well besides mother that is.

Aeolus Speaks
Aeolus Thinks

Hidden Account
Giaerie
hold fast to dreams,
for if dreams die,
life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go,
life is a barren field —
frozen with snow.
‘I am Aeolus.’ The boy responded. And with his response also came a smile that if anything it seemed as though it was forced. Just what was bothering him? I wanted to know so badly. Knowing that there may be something worrying him made me worry about him.

Then he surprised me.

‘Was it the tiger that hurt you?’ Tiger? Was he talking about that monster that hurt so many people and killed one who the spotted stallion, Mauja, seemed to hold dear. Thoughts drifted to the sight of them in the distance when I awoke. Mauja was wailing, screaming over someone. I didn’t know the relation exactly but all I knew was that I didn’t want to get any closer to that mess. Then there was the white girl who got thrown across the land by the monster. Last I remember others were arguing whether or not she was good enough to move. Hopefully she would make a full recovery. That beast didn’t need to claim the lives of two innocent people.

“Tigur,” I pipe out curiously, “Is zat vat zey call zat monster?” I pause as a nervous chuckle clawed and climbed up and out of my throat only to die shortly after it touched the air, “No,” I spoke calmly as my mood began to change.

Zero.

He was my friend. I tried to help him. And yet he was the one who had hurt me. Blue eyes softened as my gaze shifted from Aeolus to the ground. I wondered if Zero knew what he had done. I wondered what he would do if he did find out. I wondered and wondered until I shook my head clear of such thoughts and turned my attention back to Aeolus, “No, I got hurt by sumone else. Zeir majick accidentally got me and zen my friend Tiamat helped me until I could go on my own.”

Ears pricked forward as Aeolus sighed and then spoke up his story. He was at the battle too? I hadn’t seen him there, but then again I was…er mentally preoccupied – aka freaking out. He mentions something about one of his friends and it seemed to be stumbling over whatever he was trying to say. I couldn’t help but feel sorry for him. A caring smile grew upon my lips as I looked at him. “Lots of people got hurt,” I whisper sullenly, “None of et should have happened, but et did,” Flashes of Mauja and Tia and the white girl and Zero all filled my brain as I quickly thought about everything that had happened, “Ve vere all lucky,” I start off slowly, “Vell, except for one.”

My voice grew somber for a moment as I tried to remember the person that Mauja was crying over, but alas I couldn’t. So, I shook my head in an attempt to stop thinking about such sad things. It was time to start thinking about the present and possibly the future.

“So,” I ask with a new found curious energy, “Vat are you doing out here?”

"Talk."
image credits

Please tag me in ALL posts!
Use of magic and force on Gali is permitted so long as there is no permanent serious injury or death.

nickel

For the first time since they had begun talking it was only now did the colt begin to notice something a little strange about the way the pegasus girl spoke. Some of her words were normal while others seemed to be pronounced with the addition of other sounds to the letters. Confused he sat still just listening for a minute to try and figure out what was causing it but in the end forgot about it completely and just let the conversation carry on as it was. The next thing that caught his attention was the girl's lack of knowledge as to what a tiger was. Didn't everyone know what a tiger was? Mother had taught him that when he was real young and they would spend hours just walking through the forest and watching as many other animals played and ran about. Granted most of the time they had been actually looking for his brother but he still remembered the time almost down to each word that was said. Maybe they just didn't have the same animals around here as they did whenever Galiel grew up he mused quietly.

The explanation about how the filly got her injury made sense but it still didn't make him worry any less about if she was alright or not. He knew what magic could do and had seen its effects with his own two eyes (not that he had accidently shocked/scorched himself) it just wasn't something that felt good. "I'm sorry you got hurt." He replied not knowing what more he could say on the whole magic topic before things slowly moved back into the general battle once more. It was the one thing that he was starting to dread coming up in conversation cause every time it did that same old sick feeling would take hold of him again. Mental flashes of Erthe's body crumpling before his eyes played over in his mind at the mention of the one unlucky one. Feeling his throat begin to tighten he quickly tried to refocus on something else before it took over and made him break down like he had before. Shaking his head at the pain of it all he tried to forbid the tears from forming in his eyes with little success, guess the only good thing was that his eyes were already red and moist so it hopefully wasn't too noticeable.

Right back to the other question he still needed to answer...why was he out here. How was he supposed to answer that question without talking about the things he didn't want to talk about? It all just seemed like a hopeless endeavor to think that he could run away from his problems when they kept coming back to bite his butt. " I was.. I was just out here thinking cause I don't want to go home just yet." He finally admitted softly.

Aeolus Speaks
Aeolus Thinks

Manip by TheArtlex