the Rift

down by the river

Aiken Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

AIKEN
home is where the heart is

The days had seemed too hot to wonder around in. The forests were humid and quiet. Shadows of the trees could only do so much in providing shelter from the heat, and it seemed as if he was the last animal to exist around these parts. It was lonely, and incredibly draining. After hours that felt like days, he would be exhausted, sweaty, and thirsty.
So he decided to only travel at night. At sundown, the unicorn would wake up, and travel farther. He would be accompanied by hundreds of lightning bugs and their soft glow. He would often hear rustling in the foliage, and his eyes would point to find out whether it's a rabbit or a deer, or something else entirely.

Eventually his legs carried him to a small stream that was camouflouged by a patch of tall grass. He walked through the grass, his feet unintentionally but effectively flattening it below his weight. His head hung low, though his ears shifted and searched for sounds of other beings near him as he gulped down some of the welcome, cool water. He closed his eyes and as he drank eagerly, his body relaxed. His ears, neck, legs.. Every last bit of tension gone and forgotten.
Until he heard a twig snap. It sounded like a particularly large one, too. Nothing a deer would be able to do. Aiken's head shot up, his ears pointed and his eyes focused to see if he could make out what it was that stood there. But the rustling didn't stop. Instead, it sounded like the sound was getting closer. Curiously and unconsciously, he stepped forward slowly, interested to see what or who made those noises.

"Talk."

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa,
Feel lucky for what you have, when you have it. Happily ever after doesn’t mean happy forever.

It was unnaturally warm now. At first, Elsa had been okay with the heat, but now it was feeling like she was melting. The juxtaposition of her snow against the sweltering sun seemed to show that. She looked as if she was wet with snow, but disgustingly enough, a majority of that was sweat. Edgar snickered through their bond as he sat atop her head. He at least had the luxury of being cold all the time. Literally he was a bird made of ice (and sometimes snow). The cold permeated off him, but it was nowhere near enough to cool his companion.

The shade of the Threshold came into view then. Normally, the duo would be happy to see the shadows, but now they dreaded it. Heat had to be trapped beneath those pines, and even from afar, she could still see mirages from the heat. Groaning, she continued onward, since being out of direct sunlight was better than nothing.

Once they had breached the edge of the Threshold, the two went on high alert. Elsa had expected to see more horses meandering about, but no doubt most were probably home basking in the spray of waterfalls or frolicking around in the local ponds. The very thought of water seemed to magnify the heat tenfold. So she made no effort to be quiet because that took too much work. Being considerate to other conversations was the last thing on her mind. Elsa was practically a bull in a china shop with her stomping and snorting. Frustration was even being to build as some bugs had the nerve to nip at her hide. Her ears were pinned backward as they moved onward, but soon Edgar chastised her. ’Pretty! Be pretty! Horse ahead.’ Coming back up, her ears swiveled as she heard the faint steps of hooves. It had to be a horse, or she would be very much surprised.

As soon as she passed a couple of trees, a unicorn boy presented himself. What was up with this? Lately it seemed like it was a testosterone party. Did women outside of Helovia suddenly banish their stallions? Mares used to dominate this place, and now here she was, face to face with another man. Offering a small nicker, she approached, and gave a small bow to the man.

”Greetings,” She began, sounding a lot more professional. It was a three hundred sixty degree turn from the actions she was exhibiting less than a few moments ago. ”My name is Elsa, general of the World’s Edge. Are you new around here?” Edgar snickered internally I bet you dead mouse he not new.” He was so confident it was sickening, she simply rolled her eyes as Edgar then proceeded to peep to get the attention he deserved. ”And this is Edgar, my companion.” She fell silent then, all eyes focused on the unicorn.

"talk"
image credits
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie
Sialia
I tried to sell my soul last night, it's funny he wouldn't even take a bite.

My features lift into the air, breathing in deeply the musky smell of earth. It was a wonderful day to be out and about. And hell, I hadn't been in this good of a mood in a long long time. I wasn't exactly sure why either. I stood at the entrance of the Aurora Basin, gazing up at the sentinels on each side. What wondrous machines they where, and it makes me wonder where the creator of them had gone off to. I had never actually met him, but he had amazing vision. Something those in the Basin seemed to now lack. 

With a soft sigh of content I was off. Picking my way down the mountain trail. Today I felt lucky. Like I needed to bring someone home. Or at least try. Because, it didn't hurt to try, after all. So I move forward carefully until I reach flat land. I pick up a nice working trot then to cover more ground, and to strengthen my muscles and my legs. After some time I pick up the canter, jumping over the occasional log in the Forrest as the foliage got thicker. After some time I slow to a walk, partially to catch my breath, and partially to let my muscles relax, but mostly because I had reached my destination, and I needed to be on the look out for possible recruitments. I move through the threshold, and once I finally find someone worthy enough the sweat on my pelt has dried, leaving a slight white film of salt. I would wash my coat in the lake when I arrived home. 

I sigh softly, taking in the heat. It was hotter than I was used to, but I would manage. I make my way towards a unicorn boy, and a Pegasus mare. I seem to have arrived in the beginnings, and my head dips to hem both. "Hello! Good day to you both." A smile graces my two toned lips, and it reaches my eyes, which seem to sparkle today, when normally they are closed from the outside world. 

"Since we seem to be exchanging names and our homes, I am Sialia. Corporal of the Aurora Basin." I lift myself up, holding myself in a regal manner, but not in any way stiff. No, not stiff today in the least. I was relaxed, and in the rarest of moods. 

"In case you where curious, and if you are new here, this is Helovia. The place you have entered is the Threshold, and I, along with this lovely lady are coming through to take new comers home, should they want one. Think of it as a giant greeting committee to the world of Helovia. ." I smile a little wider. 

You both got lucky today, cause I really could have woken up in evil bitch mode this morning.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @Aiken @Elsa
Words;;
Notes;;

Credits: Image by semper
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

Unregistered

AIKEN
home is where the heart is

From behind the trees, an almost glowing white mare emerged. Instinctively, Aiken stepped back about a foot, and he lifted his head up higher. He took her in. From the blue tips of her tail, to the scarred eye on the left side of her face, to the sweat that seemed dangerously close to simply dripping off her. Even from this distance, he was sure that if he stepped closer, he could feel the heat radiating from her. 
And then she talked. He listened closely when she did, his eyes wondering up to those of the bird perched on the other- no, Elsa's head. Edgar.

And then he was staring. He quickly corrected himself, nodded in a way as to acknowledge what she just said. He looked her back in her eye, and smiled politely. "My name is Aiken. I am new here. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." He was rusty. Nowadays he mostly talked to himself or to rabbits that jumped by him when he travelled. 
Something else caught his attention. His head turned quickly, his ears pointed forward when he heard hooves thud on the soft forest floor. Twigs snapping under the weight, leaves rustling when they were brushed past.

Another mare appeared. A black unicorn this time. Her eyes were bright, her smile lighting up her features. He was momentarily intrigued by her. Her markings, her eyes, the way she held herself. Maybe it was the fact that he hadn't seen other horses in weeks, but he realized he was starved for attention, for interaction. 
His head dipped as the mare finished talking, her smile somewhat reassuring.
"Aiken. It's a pleasure to meet you." He paused. He that both these horses were here to recruit him for their herd and he wondered how exactly that worked. The unicorn prayed fiercely he wouldn't jump into anything without thinking about it, something he might regret later.

"Tell me about Helovia? Is the weather always this unbearable?"

"Talk."
@Elsa @Sialia

Elsa,
Feel lucky for what you have, when you have it. Happily ever after doesn’t mean happy forever.

She couldn’t exactly say her day was soured by the corporal, but she sure as hell was not happy to see her. Even omitting the face that this Sialia was from the Basin, it was not fun trying to compete like dogs to try and recruit. Then add on the fact that she was warrior (of higher ranking, presumably) for the Basin rubbed her the wrong way. The wound was still there, and she had scratched at it. Elsa held back her emotions though, simply offering a nod to the lady in agreement with her explanation.

Elsa was glad when Aiken asked the most important question; was it always hot? Elsa snickered and shook her head in mock distress. ”Yes, at least in summer. I cannot stand it, if the Edge did not have the ocean breeze cooling it down, I think all of Helovia may catch fire.” Edgar bobbed his head in agreement, big blue eyes bouncing back and forth from Sialia to Aiken. ”Helovia is…” She paused for a moment, thinking of a valid description. There were a number of ways to cover Helovia. Both good and bad, each side of the argument had experiences readily available to prove so. ”Helovia is different, that is for sure. For one, if you do not know of magic and companions, as this Edgar is, then it may be a bit of a surprise. Don’t worry though, most don’t tend to wield their power unless provoked.” Elsa shrugged, swishing her tail from side to side hoping to cool herself off a bit. The heat was getting suffocating with three bodies standing around. ”Each land has four main herds,” she continued, focusing on Aiken. ”I am from the World’s Edge. It sits on a cliff side overlooking the ocean. Quite beautiful really, and at least a thousand degrees cooler than here.” Just the thought of crisp air made her yearn for home. This weather was quite literally out of her element. With snow falling around her, it all seemed so freaking wrong. ”You’re welcome to come back with me and visit if you would like. And if you are looking for a permanent home, we are more than willing to accept you.” She smiled brightly, before turning her attention to Sialia.

Elsa had met many a basin member. Some horrid, like that white giant, and others nice, or at least civil, like Caleb. How would this dark woman present herself? It never ceased to amaze Elsa that so many different personalities could work together. To her it seemed like it would be impossible to get anyone to work together. But at least the Basin did have the perk of being the coolest (literally) herd of them all. Too bad the basin was horn exclusive, Elsa would have gone there in a heartbeat in the beginning. Now? Not so much.

"talk"
image credits

Nessie
Sialia

His name is Aiken, and I make note of that. He asks about Helovia, and the other mare answers him. Her answer is short, and honestly? It explains Helovia much more than going into a drawn out explanation. In fact, if you really wanted to know this place, you had to live it. I nod in agreement to Elsa's words, and let her continue on. She explains her home, and offers her home should he want it. 

I smile a little as she turns her face to look at me, before I turn my head to look at Aiken.
"It is quiet hot, isn't it?" I take a breath, before moving into my spiel. "Helovia, is as Elsa explained it. Interesting. There are gods, magic, and it seems threats at every corner. But it is a good place, and it has good creatures within. I come from the Aurora Basin, which this year has escaped the heat. It is usually a wintery land, with beautiful mountains, and the Aurora Borealis over our heads at night. Right now, in the middle of Tallsun it feels like Birdsong, so it certainly is cool and relaxing. During older months it is very cold, but there are hot springs, and endless things to do to keep us warm. My offer is the same as Elsa's. You can visit and I would be more than willing to tell you more of this world and it's gods on the way should you wish. 

I smile, and nod my head. I wasn't as colorful in my words as Elsa, but I was honest. I look to Elsa, and a question rests on my lips. "If you do not mind me asking, How are Torleik, and Ophelia? No matter what, If you would give them my and my daughters kindest regards, I would be most thankful." My voice is soft, and kind, and I smile at Aiken.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @Aiken @Elsa
Words;;
Notes;;

Unregistered

The light sheen of sweat that covered his neck and flanks just hours before the encounter, had turned into a thick coat that had spread to seemingly every inch of his body. The heat was unbearable, and the swishing of his short tail did nothing to cool off his unpleasantly warm body, but he wasn't sure where he'd even go, if he had the chance.  

The cool of Aurora Basin's usually snowy mountains sounded delightful at this time, and so did the idea of the refreshing ocean wind. A damn hard choice to make, especially with no prior knowledge of these two lands altogether. He had no awareness of conflicts in these lands, of their rules and whatsoever. Going with one of them, he'd abandon the alternative entirely. Or at least, so he thought.
Were members of one herd allowed on land of the other? Could he still go back if he disliked the land or the other horses in a herd? Questions kept swarming his head, and paired with the heat it seemed as if his brain was about to shut off completely. A choice had to be made.

"Thank you both for your offers." He let a smile find his lips, before he adjusted his posture. His head was held higher, and despite his sweat soaked hide, he looked more formal.
His eyes found Sialia's, and he gave a small nod.

"I'd love to learn more about Aurora Basin."

"Talk". 
Tags: @Elsa @Sialia

Image Credits

Elsa,

Elsa was not surprised when Aiken declared his preference for the Basin. His stature, look, personality... it correlated with a lot of the Basin unicorns she had met. Elsa offered a small nod of gratitude toward them both. "The Basin is a lovely choice, feel free to visit the Edge if you have a change of heart." Her head, however swung towards Sialia once her little ending was given. Why did she want to know about Ophelia and Torleik? Elsa barely knew them in the first place, but Torleik seemed absent and Ophelia almost blended into the background. They were unusually quiet for being so boisterous at the founding of the new Edge.

"Both are fine and do their jobs effectively. They are quiet ones that's for sure. They do not live in the spotlight. I will gladly let them know you send your hellos." Elsa shrugged, giving the best explanation she could. Although Torleik had been absent, the herd was still functioning and chugging along. The grind-y life of herds after war was in full swing. The Glaziers were doing the work, the leaders doing their lead-y thing. Not really much gossip to go around. But Elsa did not want to hold them up with petty conversation, Sialia could visit if she felt the need to get more information.

She offered a nod of respect to them both, before saying her final goodbyes. "I do not want to hold you up here, homes are much more comfortable than the threshold. Until we meet again, and like I mentioned before, either of you are free to visit." And with that, she turned her body to head home. It wasn't the outcome she wanted, but it wasn't the worst one that could've happened.

"talk"
[ooc; sorry its poop! wanted to throw something up so you could get em to the Basin. Thanks for threading. <3 (or if I misinterpreted and he wants to still know more about the Edge smack me.xD) ]  
image credits

Nessie

Sialia

The moments ticked by, as we both waited for the unicorn man to make his choice. I hoped within that he would choose the Basin, because we needed new recruits more than ever now. Not that I had much luck on record for bringing home the newcomers. Which is mainly why I was surprised when he had decided to go back with me. My ears perk forward a bit, but I hold it in internally. A smile graces my features as I nod to him. " As you wish Aiken. I suppose we should make a move on, and rush to the cool air. My head turns to look at Elsa, a smile upon my two toned face. It wasn't smug, only a lingering friendliness. I nod to her, once. I am glad to hear it Elsa. Thank you once more, and I wish you safe travels home. If it does not work out I will surely send him your way." I look over and wink lightly at Aiken before slowly moseying back the way I came. I expected him to follow, if he didn't well then he was a fool.

----

AS we made our way to the northern reaches, I would look back at my new found companion. "We have three leads. Hotaru, Thranduil, and Deimos. All are strong leaders, and wonderful at keeping our herd strong. We also have many jobs, I myself am in the fortifying rank, which is where we need some strong fighters, who are willing to work. Which we seem to lack anymore. There are also phantoms, who are our eyes and ears, and they spy should we need them too. We have Time Menders, who use the power of the Time god to mend our wounds. There are two, Enna and Lena. We also have weavers, who build many beautiful things, which you will see at the entrance. And finally, there are the haruspex's or seers. They look into this mirror and talk to the time god himself. I don't know much about it actually. Any questions Aiken?

"Speech here."
Tag;; @Aiken
Words;;
Notes;; I will make a new thread for ya up there, and then we can continue this all! I just needed to make the word count limit!