the Rift

[OPEN] little do you know i'm still haunted by the memories

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa,
Feel lucky for what you have, when you have it. Happily ever after doesn’t mean happy forever.

It burned, it yanked, pulled, and it still hurt.

The initial numbness had fallen away, and with nothing but herself she was retreating into her thoughts. Her brain was screaming to not think, just work and move on. But she couldn’t. Trying to forget was like telling someone to drown themselves, she couldn’t unless someone forced her to stop loving and yearning. There were no weights to tie her down, and so she was stuck floating out in a rough ocean for eternity.

She ground her teeth, trying to not cry. That’s all she ever did anymore, and it sucked. Instead of being the one who is known as happy, she was that girl that stood in the corner. She was quiet, solemn and dying inside. The fire was burning from within, and was beginning to weaken the framework now. So much was already lost in the initial fire, but now the smolders were slowly consuming everything else. Nights were sleepless, and happiness was so hard to fake.

Maybe it was because there was one last place they could be. Before she had begged like a desperate mother for Gaucho to find her children. It was unfortunate that he was the closest thing to family she had now. He was the only one who understood Oxy, and who wasn’t wary of his every move. Had he been able to find them? Surely he would’ve sought her out, but then again, he had much bigger problems to worry about. A bedraggled mother was not on his radar. Elsa had always pegged him as a warrior, and that seemed to be his soul. Emotional stability was something she didn’t expect him to have.

However, worrying about Gaucho would do nothing. It doesn’t matter if he cares for her, or her children. It was another coping mechanism for Elsa’s brain to deploy. It was a last attempt to keep her grounded in the Edge, and to not let her leave. Following her emotions had only led to her pathetic downfall. It took her down the path of destruction, pain, and darkness; she had finally taken the path less traveled.

Night was in full swing, the worst of times for her. The anger and sadness had finally built up again, and she lashed out. She struck out her front left hoof and hit the tree she was under as hard as she could. The jolt traveled up her leg, providing a terrible reminder that she was still alive. This was not purgatory or hell, she was very much alive. So she had to go. She had to.

Edgar screeched after her, begging her to stay and not to wound herself more, but she would not stick around. With a large wooshing noise she ascended into the air, headed toward the Dragon’s Throat. She had to know. If they weren’t there, she would bury it. She would simply take out all the ashes and embers and work with the little framework that was left. Somehow she would manage to shove herself back together with work and monotony.

Elsa didn’t remember the flight at all, and suddenly she realized she had made it. She stopped before the throat, looking out across the ocean towards the island. It was pale against the moonlight, the water reflecting in such a way to tease that it was a little sparkle of hope. So she sat and watched. What would she say if they were here? How could she justify her presence if they weren’t here? Nerves rushed around her body, as she stood rigid and waiting. She was too afraid to move for fear of shattering. Edgar took to the skies, flying above the Throat. If they were there, they would recognize the feisty bird. 

"talk" 
image credits

@Shida
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Shida Posts: 109
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 6
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3 (ages in Birdsong) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Princess :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd
Shida
#nofilter
Blue-tits makes us (the warriors) know all the bitches who live here.

And let me tell you.

There ain't no snowflake encrusted ... blue ... streaked ... zephyr ... following..

holyshit. the pieces are coming together. My ears are fucking ringing and I think i'm going to fucking keel over here. Everything feels cold. Where the fuck did my feet go---why is that ringing so loud

fuck

"Ma?!" Suddenly my voice squeaks and I fucking sound like a toddler, but wtf else are you supposed to do when your Ma just like ... fucking glides into your home, when you basically thought she was dead.

WTF.

Step one, have you been alive this whole time? Not like .. fucking kidnapped or murdered or whatever the fuck happened to Da? And where the shit is Auri? That bitch has some explaining to and so do you and-

I realize I'm not actually making any noise. I'm just fucking standing here, staring at my Ma, who has just fucking materialized out of the goddam night sky. At my heels, Princess whines. His tail wags, but it only does so beneath his hind-legs. In a normal situation I would tell him to stop being such a fucking coward but this ain't no normal situation, but I can't even do that because I can feel snot dripping down my nose as my eyes start to water and HOLY HELL AM I CRYING.

I roughly thrust my nose towards my shoulder, smearing tears and snot on my coat before looking back.

"I'm on duty so-" fuck fuck fuck what do I even say. "So that's why I'm here and-" A+ idiot. "Why.. are .." KEEP IT THE FUCK TOGETHER YOU PIECE OF SHIT DON'T YOU DARE- "you?" my lip trembles despite the increased volume of my inner monologue. The word you warbles out of my mouth like some fucking fragile childhood toy I'm offering to a giant who is just going to smash it.

Fuck ma. y u do dis.

@Elsa

Elsa,
Feel lucky for what you have, when you have it. Happily ever after doesn’t mean happy forever.

She doesn’t know what she is expecting. Gaucho? Of all that would show up, he seemed to be the most probable one to arrive. She took a couple steps back nervously relishing the calming feeling of the earth sliding against her hooves. That was a new nervous tick. Nostrils flared she waited for Edgar to return to her.

Yet it seems both Edgar and Elsa had noticed to the other body instantaneously. The bird for a moment, stopped flying, his body slowly gliding to the ground in disbelief. Elsa on the other hand, she couldn’t move. It was as if the gods cemented her to the ground and wound her mouth. She opened it once, closed, and then repeated a few times. Neither of them realized a span of time was spent in silence, before Shida’s voice broke it. She shattered it into a million pieces, just like she was born for it.

Elsa was visibly shaking, her eyes watering and Shida’s outline smeared against the night. This had to be a dream, or some sick version of a nightmare. Her daughter’s voice was going to disappear at any time now, and she was going to be left in the dark with Edgar. This is what it had to come to. Elsa was fucking hallucinating now, and she couldn’t make it go away!

Then- then that voice again. Edgar landed behind the explosive girl, debating what to do. On one hand, he wanted to go greet her and this companion she had. On the other hand… this was the daughter who had tried to nom him to death at birth. For a few moments, both Edgar and Elsa let her question hang in the air. How could she answer this? But more importantly how in the fucking hell did Gaucho actually find her?

With all the force she had in the world, she ran at Shida. Her hooves had never moved so fast in her life. Even though the distance was short, it felt like a million miles. The closer she got, the further Shida seemed to go away, until finally she stopped, just looking her in the eyes. Elsa felt as if she was going to collapse then, but instead she leaned forward. She roughly reached her head out to Shida, pulling her grown daughter as close as she could to her chest. Elsa needed to know she was here, that she was breathing and truly alive.

Tears began to fall again from her eyes. However, instead of dry painful tears it was as if the floodgates had opened. The droplets fell down her face, tracing ugly grey lines down her face. They clung at the tip of her muzzle before finally falling. Her breathing was ragged, almost like a panicking child. ”You’re alive.” Her voice was ugly, cracked and full of utter disbelief, but yet overflowing with the love of a mother who never had the chance to be a mother. ”I- I came looking for you and Auriel. After the invasion I lost, I…” She heaved another uneven breath. ”I lost all of you. I lost your father. I lost you and your sister. I lost everything.” so this is what love felt like. Had she felt this elated before? Was this truly her mind before everything fell apart? ”You’re the first. You’re the first…” She continued to repeat that a few more times, trying to squish Shida even further into her chest. ”Don’t leave me again.” She finally wailed, a mournful cry of a mother. She practically collapsed then, and if Shida moved, she would quickly be on the ground. ”I’m so sorry I failed you as a mother. Please- please forgive me.” She begged, Edgar to crying out in a soulful wail. It was impossible for him to sit idle and quiet when his companion was practically morphing into a different person.

"talk" 
image credits

Shida
#nofilter
Let's just be perfectly clear here.

I have no idea what the fuck I'm feeling, or what I fucking ought to be feeling. I know I feel bitter as all fuck. Even though I sort of want to kick Ma in the teeth and wear Edgar as a hat, I also sort of want to melt into a puddle and have her comb my mane and tail and give me a bath.

As I'm enveloped into a huge, I just sort of stand there, feeling awkward. I've gotten a little fat, and I"m sure I look like all hell. I also don't have wings to hug her back with (fuck you both Ma and Auri), and so I just sort of allowed her to smother me, still not knowing what the appropriate response was.

"Ma - Don't cry." I croaked as she looked at me. At my heels, Princess continued to whine nervously. He licked my elbow, mentally trying to encourage me (and silently suggesting I sniff her butt).

At first, with the whole I thought you were dead, and invasion stuff, I felt myself getting all soft and mushy. But as she told me not to fucking leave her, I bristled. I pulled my neck backwards, to try and allow my plump ass to escape her loving embrace and snorted. "You're the one who bailed!" I stammered, large blue eyes incredulous and shocked. Geeze Ma, have you been smoking Da's old stash? How could she have gotten things so fucking wrong? "One minute some fucking giant and his pals invade, and Auri and the other kids and I hauled ass to the top of that one big hill-" She knew the one I meant. "And then shit just went south. And then ??????????????????" The way my face scrunched and my heart womped painfully in my chest underscored and emphasized the ????????????? bit of what I just said.

Like, feel free to fill in the blanks Ma. The fuck happened?

Please- please forgive me

"I- Ain't no one ever asked for my forgiveness before. I guess no one cared enough about me, to ever say sorry? Except Auri, but like that fucking matters. We're sisters 4ev's, so she doesn't count. I'll always forgive her vaping-ass, even when she doesn't ask.

But this? This was Ma, acting like I was the one back from the dead. Like I was the one whose mate totally fucked us all over and peaced the fuck out. Like I was the one with two little babies that ooops just slipped between the cracks and got forgotten for a few years.

nbd

Forgive you? Ma how can I?

@Elsa

Elsa,

Even in the moment of elation, there was a doubt that wormed around in the back of her mind. There was no way either of her children would accept her this easily- they were Oxy’s children for god sakes. If they even had a sliver of him in them, it would take her twice as long to gain their trust then falling in love with Oxy. And for the record, that shit took time and tears. It emotionally drained her- but that was love right? True love means that a sacrifice of one’s own soul must be given to the other. They are under no binding to love her in return. Elsa was generous with her love, and Shida and Auriel had taken almost the rest of the soul that Oxy had left behind. It would kill her to have them mad at her. Especially when she had been trying so hard to bring them home. If she could redo it, she would have never entered Helovia. Oxy would have never been hurt, and the twins would have never had to experience the actual living hell that was Helovia. She was selfish to want to keep them.

Yet, Elsa would have never expected the reaction that she got from Shida. The rough movement backwards left a cold, gaping hole where her body had been. At first, she had been warm, on fire and in love. Now, she was instantly frozen, unsure of what to do. Shida was chastising her for not being there. Did she have any fucking idea of what went on? Did she know that the father that she was the spitting image of waltzed those people in? He had brought them, and in the name of love! Elsa couldn’t even blame him because he had done it for love. She had fought just to keep everyone together, and she had failed. Oxy invaded for love, and in a way, he had won. She was the failure.

Elsa stumbled backward, stopping the remaining tears. Large streaks were left on her face, and all she could do was look at Shida. She shook her head a few times, before offering a small, pitiful smile. Even a small, scoffing laugh managed to come through. ”I hardly bailed on you Shida. You have no idea how much I have died inside since that day. As much as you probably hate me right now, I love you at least ten times more. Your father had brought that invasion in, to try and bring us to a position of power I suppose. He left after that. I was angry, and I left him because I didn’t know what to do. I…” She inhaled sharply, stomping a foot in anger. Edgar was still cringed behind Shida, and slowly moved to hide behind Shida. He had never seen his bonded so close to the edge before. ”I THOUGHT HE WOULD COME BACK WITH YOU TWO. AND HE DIDN’T.” She was screaming, loud enough for the entire Throat to hear. ”Then I looked for you and your sister. And I couldn’t find you! I left Helovia because I thought you two had run away with your father! And I understand now that he will always be a better parent than me but Shida I love you and I need you to understand that! I didn’t know you two were alone!” She was pleading like a child, taking a few more steps back to give both herself and Shida space. The absence of her forgiveness burned deeply, and she was now afraid to even look for Auriel. If Shida was this wary about her mother, how would Auriel act? ”I was a niave mother, and I count the ways every night that I could’ve been a better one. The horrible fact is, is that I will never be the good mother. There will always be one out there who is better at it then me. Hell, I’m how old now and I have no fucking idea what I’m doing with my life.” She was breathless, and for the first time since she had begun talking, looked to Shida. ”Just let me know what you want. I’m not the one that makes the decisions anymore. If you want me to leave, I’ll leave. If you want me to try and be a mother, try and right my wrongs, I will. You have to let me know. I don’t want to bother you if you don’t want me, but just know that either way, I will still love you.” And Elsa finally fell quiet. There was nothing else to say. No explanation could describe the carnival act that was their lives.

Oh look, here comes the grand finale. One thing is for certain, it will be memorable for the rest of eternity.

"talk" 
image credits

Shida
#nofilter

My default reaction is just to be an asshole. I'm sure I get that from Da, and honestly, I guess I understand him better now that I've 'grown up' a little. It's so much easier to hide behind snide remarks and some comical fuck yous, because dealing with emotions is just too fucking hard.

I'm not equipped for this shit.

"Of course you bailed. You literally just fucking said you did. You left, right? We were fucking kids Ma, how fucking far do you think we could have gone? Left Helovia? We barely left the fucking Falls." Like I said, being an asshole is easier. "So I'm really sorry for you that you're all dead inside, or cut up about it or whatever-" Then Ma started on about motives and Da and ... like honestly, I don't want to know. Grown up shit still feels like the kind of stuff that I'm too young to hear. Or maybe you're just always too young to hear about your parents relationships.

"SO WHAT IF YOU LOVE US." I shouted back, the niagra-falls of emotions that I was trying to just ignore suddenly breaking as Ma's voice rose. Princess edged towards Edgar, sitting down next to the icy bird. His black face looked nearly as concerned as the pheonix's did, and although the two species couldn't communicate, the hellhound was sure they were having the same thoughts.

"LOVE DOESN'T FUCKING HELP ANYTHING. WE WERE STILL ALONE." I'm pretty sure there's snot coming out of my nose, but fuck it. I've repressed these emotions for so long now, this actually sort of feels good. "I get that you're sorry, I get Da's and asshole, and I get that you don't know what the fuck to do, but shit Ma, this all still fucking happened. Talking about doesn't erase the shit show of a life that I've had so far - and nobody even fucking knows where Auri is."

Can horses blush? Because my cheeks feel hot as balls, and I'm pretty sure that I've started to shake, and I sort of have to pee now. This is some family counselling bullshit that I was not at all prepared for.

And now Ma wants to know what I want?

I want a fucking drink. How's that for being Da's daughter?

"Fuck." I say quietly, most of the piss and vinegar having left my system, with a whole bunch of snot. "I dunno Ma. Just ... Just don't go again." It feels like I'm giving in, like I'm caving and just saying okay, no big deal Ma. All is forgotten. Bu that isn't it at all. I just don't want to go through this shit again.

But truly, the real reason, is that I just want my Ma.

@Elsa

Elsa,

The pain was indescribable. It was as if Shida had suddenly gained the power to wound a soul. Elsa’s was already a rag, and now… she was cutting it into oblivion. It was the like world around her was falling apart. Love doesn’t matter? Elsa wanted to scream at her. She wanted to tell Shida to shut the fuck up and listen to what she is saying! If love didn’t matter then why was she still here? Her body was heaving in nervous spasm. Her blood was running cold and she could hardly feel herself anymore. It was as if she was looking at her body from above, watching it tumble into oblivion. Even Edgar didn’t know what to do. All he did was scoot closer to the dog, hoping all at once for warmth and the luck to not get chomped on like a toy.

The world moved in slow motion then, as Auriel’s name hung onto Shida’s words. Elsa just shook her head repeatedly, trying to stop from crying and falling apart. Love. If love is useless to you Shida… then why all of this? Why go through the trouble of destroying love if love didn’t matter in the first place. Even when she gave up, Elsa didn’t know what to do. It was like listening to Oxy yell and scream at her. Except this time, she didn’t have the nerve to beat him up. She couldn’t – wouldn’t lay a single hoof on Shida even if her life depended on it. So where was thing anger supposed to go? Inside of Elsa of course. It rattled up her insides until she felt like nothing more than a giant bruise. She was a blemish upon their lives. Elsa was nothing more than a life-giver, was she?

”Well fuck you too, Shida. Because I don’t care how much you hate me, or how much you tell me love is useless but you’re stuck with mine for the rest of your life. I don’t care if you want it or not. I can’t not love you.” She said sternly, this time taking a step forward, head held a bit higher. Elsa was probably a bit too rough now, but she wasn’t going to stop until Shida understood. ”And I won’t do it again. So come with me to the Edge. So I can try at least to make your life a little less miserable. Or maybe you don’t need me, and you grew up without me. At least I can trust that Gaucho will be a better parent than me or your father will ever be.” There was clear defeat in her voice. The chances of Shida returning home were slim it seemed. Elsa was getting the impression that Shida just wanted an explanation and for her to leave. By Shida’s reaction, she had been better off not knowing Elsa was still here. ”I just… I just feel like I’m stepping on glass around you. I don’t know what to say, or to do to make you feel better. I am not some sort of emotion master that I can make it all go away, or I would. I need you to tell me what you want. You were obviously fine before I got here, so you need to make the decision if you want me back in your life for good, or if leaving on this note is all you want from me.” Elsa couldn’t tell the up from the down anymore. All she could rely on was for Shida to guide her through this shit hole of a mess. Sometimes the parent needed guidance from the child.

"talk" 
image credits