the Rift

[PRIVATE] light will come again

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
KAJ
the aurelight

Kaj was a new student to faith. Ophelia had placed the path before him, only the most meager of guidance, and from there his own trials had begun. Who to follow, firstly? How could he pick a god to follow when he knew none of them, and the only magic he had had appeared without reason, from a God he'd never known and who did not rule his lands? He was torn between the Sun that he embodied and the steady Earth that had always kept him rooted and firm, the one that ruled over the lands Kaj lead. And how to be faithful? Prayers were new to him, but they came with ease the more he practiced them. He longed to understand, to know, and though he intended to seek out Isopia it seemed that the god battles had interfered with any plans he'd had before. So his trail to piety was a wandering, stuttering thing, with no mentor and a hesitancy to devote himself to a god when he himself was so mortal and undeserving. 

His viewpoint was uncommon, or so others said. Perhaps being in nigh constant agreement with Isopia was also indicative of his irregularity. He hadn't fought in the Time God's battle, for all his stature and skill set favored war and brutality. He hadn't understood those who fought against the Moon Goddess, for all the havoc and pain she'd created within his family. If there was one thing Kaj could not stand, it was not understanding, and with nobody to ask he was left grasping for something just out of reach, trying to be faithful and religious but not knowing how to emulate the methods of those around him. He could not pray how they prayed, could not see what they saw. How could he be pious if he had no guide, no pattern to try and replicate and adapt to himself? Was his faith even beneficial to the gods, even noted?

In solitude he had wandered, beneath the warm sun that eased the ache of his leg and the deadened state of his shoulder. Kaj had no purpose, no real goal, though he migrated towards the Veins as if subconsciously. The place he'd first knelt in honest prayer, where he'd encountered Ophelia and her steadfast belief in the Sun. Perhaps his answers lay there, in the broken shrines of the Gods, for abandoned though it was it surely had to hold some lingering amount of meaning and magic. 

Dawn was rising upon his arrival, painting the sky in shades of rose and gold, promising another day of warmth and clear sunlight. Kaj was already awaiting it, the cold of the night having caused his shoulder to clench maliciously once more. He'd walked most of the night, if only to try and ease the pain, the misfiring nerves that ached to the bone and made his shoulder feel both twitchy and dead all over. A phantom sensation perhaps. His gait was stiff with the lack of mobility, but he strode onward stubbornly, across ebonite rock and the warm glow of electric blue lava. Hooves clicked on stone, the only sound to accompany him on this trek, this religious journey. The Aurelight expected no answer, for he was but a mortal man and undeserving of a private celestial visit. He sought only a resolution to his problem, perhaps through meditation, a deep soul searching that he could not achieve in the Falls.

When he came to the meeting point of all four shrines, he hesitated. It seemed impolite to pick one without having solidified which God he desired to follow, after all. At first he instinctively attempted to kneel, no matter how uncomfortable laying upon the rock would be. At least, until his shoulder gave an angry spasm, objecting loudly to the stance he'd tried to take. Frustrated tears pricked angrily behind Kaj's eyes, though he'd let them go no further. He could not even kneel to show his reverence, his respect, and he was overcome with a wash of explosive irritation and helplessness. He kicked wildly at an errant stone, gait dancing across the stone as if spooked, tail thrashing against his hocks and wings arcing in powerful, agitated display.

"What am I supposed to do?!" he cried, trying not to let the tears get the best of him, feeling foolish and broken. He calmed slowly, chest heaving with his uncharacteristic tantrum, head dropping so low his lips brushed the warm stone below. Ears and wings drooped, sagging alongside his shoulders, defeated as he stood at the crossroads of the shrines. "How do I show you my faith?" he crooned woundedly, feeling useless as his leg throbbed to ridicule him further. A broken man's faith was surely not worth as much as another's. What was he hoping to achieve?

We have fallen down again tonight
In this world, it's hard to get it right
Image Credit

@Maren

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz
She was tired and lost, felt defeated and wronged… And yet, the Gods had achieved their goals of expanding their realm, so she couldn’t do anything besides getting on terms with the emotions before letting them fade away like they would —Because they would, somehow, for some reason. There wasn’t really anything to do for her besides that. But still… Still she felt somewhat ashamed that this had to have happened at the costs of lives that included one that was, or had been, her friend. It was tragic and, at the same time, a reminder for herself; that life was much simpler in reality (had she even ever seen reality, understood reality?) than the complex understandings she craved for to find inside the theories inside her head.
It was simple, really simple.

—So why do I fail to see it like that?

Which basically proved that she was incapable, that she lacked in her understanding. Something that almost made her laugh, so idiotic it seemed to be; a thought running impossibly wild. But in this forsaken dis-reality she apparently saw the world in, what could she do? Run a thousand miles? Slam herself into a rock wall? Throw a tantrum —No. She went for a walk, for perhaps she would find enlightenment along the way.

...And where else would a priestess find her hooves walking off too, if not the Veins of the Gods? She hummed to herself, amused by her own wit that only she could understand.

Her silent eyes wandered like her hooves strayed over the dark rocks, clicking as they went. Behind her, her long ivory tail took small grit along with them as the wind played her mane. Her halo wasn’t visible, but that only meant there was simply yet another light shining to brighten up her crown. She bore burns on her body, especially the left side, but she was managing fine so far, as the crusts had started to grow and break and grow again (and break). The first fight had been the one in which she had gotten hurt the most, but that was some time ago now. In the end, it had been over before she knew it in a contradictory kind of way.

Her hooves waddled up as her body ached more and more to get to the shrines on the cliff. However, as she arived there was someone else; wide-winged; gold. Someone she knew. The one with the tea: Kaj. And yet, she might not have recognised him.
A desperate man, agitated, perhaps by the world's sense of humor. And yet... Yet, he had also been the very one that had brought her tea on that one cold Frostfall night; when the bonfires were lit, when stories had been shared as mutters of thought had been spoken out  with nonchalance. Undesired chit-chat she didn't even tried to remember, and yet she did still remember the feeling of comfort it had brought into her bosom.

There seemed to be no nonchalant chit-chat now, just words so easily lost to the wind, went in and out of her ears like the desperate howling of a wolf.    

What could bring one to go from that —to this?

"How do I show you my faith?"

Nevertheless, even in her ears it was heartbreaking. Even through her silent eyes she could grasp his despair.

She coughed, letting him know that she was here, even though she felt like he should’ve already heard her coming. Perhaps she was waiting on an invitation to join him in his misery —despite the fact that she was fine and seemed to be able to cope just great (but who decided that anyway? Where did the right for her to feel better than him come from) in her turbid… despair, if she could even call it that. She listened to the beating of her heart as she stood there, waiting for nothing. It wasn’t beating fast, not like his probably was — and not slow either. She really was fine.

She came a bit closer, her gold eyes gliding past the four shrines as she thought and considered. Then the Diviner walked up to the Sun’s blackened and ashy shrine, closed her eyes for a moment and then stepped back again. It was a routine for her. One of worth, yes, that for sure; but still a routine. One he didn't seem to know. "What are you doing?" she asked as she stayed put halfway behind him, in a plain senseless way as if she couldn't grasp the circumstances —But she didn’t feel like she had permission to drag out what might be wrong with Kaj and point it out to him in words; permission she normally wasn’t even aware of existed.

@Kaj <3

Please tag me 

KAJ
the aurelight

It felt like he was drowning beneath still waters, unable to break surface tension. Fully capable of reaching out and finding air once more, but held captive by the illusion of the limits above him. He sought understanding, a way to avoid falling into the pit of his own sorrow, for he'd lived in those depths for so long. It was a place Kaj never wanted to return to, because he didn't want to pity himself forever or watch everything good in his life - no matter how little - disappear into dust because he did not believe he deserved it enough to hold onto it with all he had. 

These answers eluded him, as he tried to find faith in a breast meant for battle and black-and-white. How could a man of blood become a man of blessings and faith? He was broken and useless to immortal, powerful beings like the Helovian gods. What did they care for him? He could offer them nothing, and surely they did not live off faith itself. How could he be so presumptuous as to assume his own importance in the scheme of their infinite lives? His heart was a tangle of thorns, and no matter what direction he tried to take he scored and sliced himself to pieces. 

At first, as he sensed that he was no longer alone, his heart gave a lurch of hope that perhaps he'd been answered after all. Somehow. But when he turned his head to find the prickling source of disturbance, he found only a burned and brindled mare, familiar in her exoticism but far from what he'd been praying so desperately for. We ask for change, but the change that comes is sometimes not what we anticipate, whispered into his head, and though she'd never spoken the words, it sounded oddly like Evangeline. Was this his sign? Was she the one who would place her tender hands upon his battered soul and show him the light to salvation?

And he remembered her, standing in the snowy landscape inside his borders, eyes fluttering in pleased rapture as he dragged the vat of tea to her for the enjoyment of the crowd. The priestess of the Dragon's Throat, the one that had mistakenly wandered into the birth of Aylin's son. "Miss Maren," he rumbled with croaking, rasping voice, trying so hard to pull upon some sort of strength. Turn himself into a fully functioning leader, when it was so far from his grasp. Until she spoke, and he felt his efforts buckle beneath the echo of old understanding that he saw in her coin gold eyes. 

His eyes turned listlessly towards the shrines, not sure how to phrase what he needed to say. So full of faith was she, how could she understand the plight of a soldier so far removed from the glow of heavenly grace? 

"I am but a mortal soul, with nothing to give that would mean anything to a God. What does my faith mean to them?" Throat is thick with old wounds and too many nights left lonely and barren in a time when all he'd needed was a reminder that he had a greater purpose. If he even had one in the first place. Mighty golden head shook, eyes like turmoil and war-torn skies that haunted him nightly. "There is nobody to advise me, and no Gods to give me answers. I can't traverse this path alone, when I don't even know how to rely on a God that I believe would see nothing in me." He could learn to trust them, to trust in fate and a higher power. But he could not trust in himself, in believing that they would support him, because he did not deserve it. 

"I'm trying to pray?" he finally answered lamely, not really sure what he was doing but only knowing the why's. Until he turned and regarded her, and the burns across her beautiful hide, and his face fell. "I've done you a great disservice, Miss Maren," he said, heartfelt but solemn. "I am very close with the Earth Medic of my home, I know of salves for those burns even if I've no magic to undo it immediately. May I tend to you?" He could not learn what he so sought, could not protect himself or learn to love the soul inside the shell he'd been born into. But above all else he knew how to heal, to protect, to shield. His own integrity and purpose could crumble, but he'd stand strong forever on the ideal that he was capable of helping those around him.

Image Credit

@Maren

credit bronzehalo
Plot with me here!

Whispers of an Aurelight had been passed along with the wind, found the ears of many, probably —or at least hers: He was then? An Aurelight? That light —with his throat filled with the shadows of disarray... could he not be for himself? Or was he like her; blinded on his own, unable to see past what shone so brightly. Caged.

“Czar… —Kaj,” she greeted in response. For they had shared evening tea, after all and thus her brain thought it was only reasonable to call him by his name.

But she had gone to walk in search for her own understanding, so maybe instead of brightening up the path for himself, he could do so for her. And (in this world so full of contrast) maybe, while they were at it, in return she could do the same for him.  Still… Was that fair? Knowing that his grasp would need to reach farther than hers as he was cursed into his troubled existence? While she was here; still fine; acting out a state of unknowingness... nonchalance, because it seemed the best option for her own state of mind... —Or did she act like she was unaware, for his sake, as well?

Had the tea been that good? Did he then… deserve that much from her?

But finally she admitted —Yes... Yes, it probably had been. His voice had sounded lost, like the echo of an avalanche somewhere in a mountain-range. She stayed quiet for once, wanting to give him space to perhaps redeem himself. Give him the opportunity to become and portray the leader before her eyes once more... But you don’t need to for me. She had seen enough; would let him be if he desired so; in this place where the air was thick and blue, and close to the Divine entities of Helovia. But instead of to them he seemed to turn his questions to her.

"I am but a mortal soul, with nothing to give that would mean anything to a God. What does my faith mean to them?".

She continued to look at him as he turned his gaze away, thoughts portrayed behind the silent walls of her golden eyes. But then she smiled, let her eyes wander to the shrines as well. “I don’t know.” Because ironic enough, they were… worthless. Probably, as individuals at least. Which was why she sought a purpose; a meaning behind her existence as well.

And so his worries were, in the end, just... mortal. What was there to say about them? Weren’t they just average; what every individual existence that attempted and thought about faith, justice and gods thought about? If they made sense at all? And she wondered if she could make him see that, too.

“— But you are the Aurelight, so I suppose you should be able to figure that out yourself,” she hummed as she stepped closer.

“In my religion life... It is about Purpose,” she started to slowly tell in her outlandish tunes. “It is about listening to what the Gods wish for you to do.” ... And it hadn’t all been about roses, either, but as she had simply known that it had to be done that feeling had made her stronger and more capable, as well. “Their guidance eventually led me towards where I am now, and I am grateful. Without that guidance, without the doubt, the unknowing, I would not have asked questions, I would not have searched for answers and I wouldn’t have found the family I have now, as well as the God I so closely serve.”

Now, she was not a comforting kind of mare, wasn’t too careful what she said and didn’t say; not one that would cuddle up to someone for no reason, and not even one that would when there was a reason — But from all of those reasons… If it was the right reason — and although those chances were slim — she would… perhaps... care a little bit more.

So for a moment she reached out with her nose to his, just as a sign of support. Because when it came down to the questioning of Gods and Faith, she understood the troubles, for even she had to come from someplace else, to get where she was now within her faith. She understood the hardships, but she also understood the liberation when all the puzzle pieces, lost for so long, finally fell into place. To a God, all you can give is your faith, give him more and it will be your life. But she let that vivid thought sway back into the darkness; away from her tongue, as it left a taste of something perhaps too dark for the already so shaded mind of the stallion. Perhaps he wouldn’t be able to see the beauty of it, as well. Like I do.

She did a step back again, because, like life, things could only last so long —and the service of great tea only went so far (which was still pretty far nevertheless). So instead she laughed. Disservice?” because she honestly wondered what he meant by that. Her eyes sparkled in that short moment of hilarity, but when he mentioned the medic her curled lips turned into a line again. She didn’t like wounds — Burns and she didn’t like doctors… or anything that came close to it. She didn’t liked to, once again, be reminded of the fighting in the east. Of that she had done so much thinking already. She had lain awake after the sun had already set, eyes opened as she had been aware of the hours that ticked by to see the sun rise again. This whole way here she hadn’t been able to put her mind at ease, that was until this stallion had disrupted her way of thoughts by choosing to throw a tantrum in front of the shrines. Which hadn’t meant to be… but had been a welcoming turn of events.

“If you just knew something to help against those frustrating itches...” she offered, muttering as she curled her neck to look at the burns with her silent gaze. But her lips were stiff and if she was honest with herself she much preferred it to go on as it was, even if it meant that it would take a little longer for it to be healed. Even though her voice was like a cloud, soft but darkened in doubt, nevertheless she let her golden eyes roll up to his for a moment to give her consent, before she turned them aimlessly at the shrines. “—....You may.”

@Kaj, <3
Please tag me 

KAJ
the aurelight

Lips twist into a smile as his title falls to give way to his name. He'd never been one for official things such as that, had always told his people plainly that he was one of them. No better than them, simply because he'd been elected to rule. He would fall and falter and fail just as any other mortal would, and he'd never used titles when visiting other herds either. Always names, for names held power but also emotion. She did not know him so intimately as to understand or even be aware of that philosophy, but it pleased him nonetheless. A spark of light in his dark horizon. Her presence alone soothed the ache of loneliness and depression, the gentle beast thriving off her unintentionally proffered aura and spirit. Maybe a stranger was what he'd needed all along. Someone ignorant to his multitude of sins. 

Her smile was like a flower on a barren coastline, a single measure of persistence and beauty, and he could not help but feel the corners of his mouth twisting up in response to her ironic amusement. Laughed deep and soft in his chest, baby blues peering up at her boyishly from their distance. "Your lack of an answer is far more comforting than I had anticipated," he confessed, stray threads of gratitude lifting from the noose around his throat to trace the features of his face, displaying it to her in glimpses. 

She was the first to speak that name, that twisted title that had once been something far more destructive. Storm Bringer. He had summoned enough of them in his years, and destruction was all they had ever wrought upon his life. Never had they helped, aided, or comforted. Always he had been a beacon of agony. The new title had been aware in his consciousness only on the fringes, where whispers and rumors and soft-spoken words lingered. He'd been afraid to believe, to think that maybe...maybe how he was portrayed and how others saw him had changed. Aurelight. And it filled his chest with warmth and tender, tentative purpose, proffered by this strange introspective mare. 

He lay himself beneath her wisdom, eyes quiet and attentive, a child beneath her tutelage. The words washed over him like a soothing balm, quieting his mind. Hush, child. Stepped slowly closer to her, drawn in by her words, the soft foreign cadence of her voice hooking into the noose and both tugging him nearer and giving him room to breathe. Your despair has purpose, then. Trust without sight. Like the wind when you fly. And he could understand that philosophy, even though it was hard. It was so different, so far from what he'd ever known. But he'd never tried to be faithful, either. Was this his first trial?

"I never thought of it that way," confessed from his lips, a contemplative look drawing soft across his visage. "Though, I am horribly new to this, so of course I did not." Eyes danced with cyan laughter, poking and prodding at his own insecurities, trying to find the light that seemed to fill her bones. Was that a gift the Throat denizens were blessed with? She seemed radiant in her certainty and he envied it of her. Smile faded away, eyes cast to the horizon as if his answers lay in the dawn light painted there. "Purpose...it is what I have been looking for. Maybe this is my hurdle, and they will guide me where I must be." Sighed deep, as if trying to expel all his doubts and demons in his exhale. Turned to the mare beside him with a weary but grateful smile. And he found her advancing, offering her soft velveteen muzzle, and he felt his heart stutter with emotion. That she would reach out to him when he most needed comfort - whether she was aware of that was unknown - even when she did not know him well...he stretched forward and down to meet her, bumping and brushing gently, eyes liquid pools of beryl that were soft around the edges with the magnitude of his appreciation for her. Her presence, her wisdom, her physical comfort. "Thank you," he murmured in a soft whuff of breath against her skin, reluctantly pulling away from her and the pillar of light and hope she embodied. 

He stood, appraising her quietly. Uncertain whether he wanted to break the atmosphere they'd created, the bubble of tentative hope inside his ribcage that was bolstered by the physical comfort she had offered. Found only useless words to offer her, in the quiet of the void between one action and the next. 

"Your philosophies are much easier to understand than the others who have attempted to aid me on this path," Kaj noted, wondering if she would take it as the compliment he intended it to be. If it even held weight in her world, with how little they knew of each other. "Though I may have to submit myself to your tutelage far more often," accompanied by a smile, a hopeful glance, an insinuated message. Would you allow me to seek you out? Imagined himself showing up at the Throat borders and trying to explain to Gaucho that he was there not on business, but to have the tiny Priestess scold him and teach him how to be a better man of faith. It was hard not to find it impossibly amusing. 

Though he had been innocent in his offer, he could see something shutter and tighten in her coin-like gems, and felt immediately regretful. In so few moments she had offered him both peace and hope, comfort and temporary serenity. That he had in turn disturbed her somehow made him ache with sorrow, but he could not guess at what he'd done to discomfort her. Therefore he dipped his head, and took himself away on swift hooves to find the herbs he needed. Resplendence had only taught him the basics, but he lived and breathed with her almost eternally at his side - he picked things up as they gravitated around each other. Aloe Vera, he told himself, hunting along the warm crevices. It was the must abundant in this hot, rocky landscape, and best for the itching. They were thick, easy to grasp in his teeth at least, and he tucked them beneath the tight inside of his left wing before hurrying back to Maren. It was rude to leave company unattended, he could hear his mother chiding sharply in his head. 

"It might be a little messy," he bowed his head, embarrassed that he would have to become so intimate with her body even though it was entirely medical. Kaj had always been raised a very chaste gentleman. Wing opened to drop the plant to the stone, one hoof immediately stamping down and grinding to create the thick greenish paste that Resplendence herself had used on him after their spar when Valiance had burned his neck and cropped his mane into spikes. Dipped his head and smeared it onto his muzzle, advancing upon Maren's side and depositing it upon her burns as gently and swiftly as he could manage. It took a few turns, back to the paste and then once more to her hide, but he kept quiet and tried not to disturb her beyond that, retreated as soon as he was satisfied with the treatment. His pale muzzle was surely stained a light green, and he grinned at her as he faced her. "Silly, right?" Kaj hoped it would at least make her laugh, anything to wipe away the tense look on her face. 

Image Credit

@Maren Damn it tag |:

credit bronzehalo
Plot with me here!

By the precepts of her purity

Of course she truly couldn’t manage understanding how not getting a clear answer could ever satisfy someone enough to the point of being as gratefully relieved as he seemed to be, especially because she was still searching for that same answer herself.  …But in all fairness, that was the scholar within her rising its eyebrows, rather than the priestess. Two faces of her being that held a strong stance in the contrasts that marked her life.

As his bright blue eyes looked down on her alabaster face she discovered he hadn't been one of faith for long. Nevertheless, she remembered Kaj was the one who had ruled the World’s Edge alongside Kahlua before they had taken over the Edge. Was that the reason he felt unsure about finding his faith with the Earth? Perhaps the Earth wasn’t even his god, she pondered along. Either way she would not care and did not know enough of the matter to think about it for long. She did, however, continue to wonder how he could be new to religion as a leader of his herd in the first place and also within his fame that he didn’t seem to know he held. She had always thought religion was important for a herd to survive, but that might have been because of the strong religious bond the Dragon’s Throat had with their God – or at least that was what the history of Gaucho’s Ascended rule had taught her – so maybe there were other ways, as well and perhaps she would ask him about it one day.

As Maren pulled back her nose from Kaj's, she smiled, for it seemed that… perhaps, she had finally found someone who understood her, perhaps someone who would even agree with her ways. My religion – Oh, if only she could share her faith of the Cherry Oak with someone – what a liberation it would be. At that same moment, however, she randomly noticed something else that made her blink for a moment of confusion, as her wings shuffled beside her cheeks, her own golden gaze left wondering: How is he able to push out his emotions through his eyes like that? As if she was looking into the wrong side of the mirror. One that became opaque after the turbulence of his breath had found her mind.

The priestess-mare let it sink in, accidentally, and too late she realized that a strange but familiar kind of silence had fallen between them. She wondered what to do with it, as it was left there so vividly invisible between them. Finally she scraped her throat, let her now flickering gold eyes wander after she had done a step back. And, even though her wings shuffled besides her cheeks once again, she was not one to simply flail down to ones hooves (This was a holy place after all), just because he had a nice speech going for him… and nice lips to push them out. It didn’t mean anything – and it would not. It never does.

“...Although don’t mistake me, my beliefs do have certain layers to them.” Like herself. She smiled of sorts, tilted her head then – slightly, like she did. The mare couldn't help but to not be surprised by the words of a gentleman. Still, for his efforts she fluttered her white lashes underneath gold eyes; the violet shimmering beneath the burgundy, pursuing whatever was left.  “I think I wouldn’t mind that. I might be able to… enlighten your path with the limited knowledge I possess,” smiling along also with glimmering golden irises. “You are welcome to visit me in the Throat if you are comfortable crossing the waters to our island,”  she said with her exotic voice outlined by a certain, well-sourced confidence… One she could not find in watching him search for the right tares. That required something totally different, like trust. Her eyes followed him as he left her standing so that he could find whatever it was he needed; she left attempting to think of something else for no reason (except the one she didn’t want to think about) and her mind trailed to how of course she had merely been humble when she told him to come seek her out, for she knew her knowledge was something sacred and valuable, thus having it actually been more of a wordplay meant for herself to enjoy. The road to all knowledge still remained a journey with no end.

He apparently knew what he was doing, since he was wrestling with the plants he had found to smash it into some kind of gunk. She generally trusted green stuff and as he came closer with his nose dripping with green, her ears trailed his movements. “Messy…” she repeated in thought as she watched him work his nose past her burned, itching skin. It stung, but she kept silent, for she did not want to put his efforts to shame. Perhaps the stinging only meant that it was working, or something. She didn’t mind messy, but this was not the kind of mess she knew something about. Still, it made her smile, if only just slightly. She watched him with humor as he turned his face back to her after he was done (His eyes still blue). She snorted mockingly. “Your nose is green,” she stated, but felt curious nevertheless. So she moved her nose closer to his as her nostrils widened, attempting to smell whatever the fruitcake it was supposed to be that he had dared to smear on her burned hide. “Do you even know what you are doing with that,” she couldn't help but mutter in a questionable way, as she crossed her squeezed eyes to properly cast a... thoughtful (dirty) look on the Czar's green, left-over-sludge painted nose.

Maren
/ image

@Kaj <3 sorry it took so long :c life
Please tag me