the Rift

[OPEN] half of me has gone away (any god)

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa,
Feel lucky for what you have, when you have it. Happily ever after doesn’t mean happy forever.

The decision. It had been lingering in the back of her mind but she never thought she would get the guts to go back after her come to Jesus meeting with the God of Earth. To ask for this gift anyways seemed stupid, if only she had been stronger in the first place she wouldn’t be in this situation. Edgar, fortunately, gave some legitimate advice. On one hand, the scar had made her stronger. She had learned to take things for stride, and to be respectful. Even if the wound was no fault of her own, she had gained to respect for those who had disabilities. Rasta was a mare she had met who was completely blind, and Elsa couldn’t even imagine. One eye missing was already hard enough. 

She debated over this for a few nights, listening to the whispers of the wind as if it would help. Should she play roulette at the Veins? What if they sent her away? That would tear away at her confidence she was slowly gaining back. Edgar prodded in the back of her mind, offering his support. The problem wasn’t if she wanted the eye back, because she always had. But if she got it back, would it change her? Would it ruin her morals? It was as if getting the eye back was a sin, and all that sight would do was double the amount of horrors she encountered.

But yet it would allow her to experience double the joy. She could fully see the frolicking, and the full painting of life that was presented before her. There was a possibility that all along she had been trapped on the dark side of the painting. Maybe she was staring at Icarus and it was time to move on from him.

With a determined huff she flew off. Even Edgar was unprepared for her flight. By the time she was working her way to the veins, Edgar had barely gotten off the branch. To Edgar, she seemed to move faster and faster. He could feel her heart rate accelerating the closer that they got. He sincerely hoped the Gods were in a good mood. If not, he’d have to kick some ascended god ass. Even if it costed him his life, he needed to emotionally shield the woman he followed.

As the pair hit the ground, Elsa huffed nervously. Edgar landed atop her head, sitting rigid and aware. There was no telling how this interaction would go, or even which god would come. Heck, they may not come at all. Tentatively Elsa stepped forward, and declared her want. ”I come seeking my sight.” Then she fell quiet. Please listen…

@Mythical Request

Elsa comes looking for her sight, using VoTG from my prize list. :)

"talk" 
image credits
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

earth god like quote here~

He could sense her nervousness, the way she huffed as her hooves landed upon the ground. The companion rested upon her head, watchful and protective, yet there was little danger to be found here while he watched over the pair. Cautiously, oh so tentatively the frozen mare stepped forward, declaring her desire for all the Gods to hear. The God of the Earth did listen. 

He would respond. 

Within moments of the mare speaking he rose up before her. From the cracks of the shattered shrined he began to take shape, moulding himself in front of the mare and her companion. Regal, massive and powerful with water dripping from his mane and the very element he was named for, earth, wetly clinging to his hooves. Gazing down at the mare he paused before responding, studying her psychical form as well as searching her intentions, wants and feelings. 

"You have faired well with your limits." The confidence within Elsa had grown, she'd learnt to appreciate and empathise with those who struggled with similar conditions. Through her struggles she'd seen the beautiful colours of life and taken the darker side within her stride. Yet the darkness still plagued the mare; questions, worries and doubts. Would these harsher feelings towards herself prevent her from truly regaining her sight? Or would she limit herself to visions and hallucinations of darker times? Before they moved forward the God would need to know. "Tell me." The Earth God instructed, "tell me of what you have learnt." Show me that you have grown.

CREDITS

Elsa,
Feel lucky for what you have, when you have it. Happily ever after doesn’t mean happy forever.

He formed. The one she was most nervous about rose from the cracked monument. Soon his huge hulking form stood before her. She cast her gaze down, even in the wake of his small compliment. She had been rude to him, an embarrassment to herself as she succumbed to her anger and sadness. Edgar rubbed his head encouragingly against her poll, cooing softly and reminding her that he was here. If anything was wrong, he began, he would take down the God of Earth. Elsa smirked a little at his confidence. For such a small bird he was courageous.

But his question was one she had not expected. Usually it was a small simple quest, and now he wanted to know what she had learnt in her days of darkness. Elsa’s head dipped a little lower to the ground as she tried to put together a coherent idea. There were so many things that had happened. The good, the bad, and the ugly all showed up in the course of this little adventure. Would he deny her sight, because she had become better without it? Her face heated, and her body suddenly felt as if it was on fire.

”That I am driven by my emotions.” That was the best way to sum it up. Without her sight she relied more heavily on her inside to do the observations. ”I’ve learned that life is complicated, and sometimes it hurts… Fuck, she could feel the tears lurking behind her eyes. ’It okay.’ Edgar assured, pressing her to continue. ”Love sucks but at the same time it’s such a wonderful thing. It’s a high that is so addicting that it feels like a part of you goes missing when the love leaves.” Her lips trembled, trying to force the thoughts of Oxy into the back of her head. She had tried to lock him up there, but now he was banging against the walls of his prison. She needed to let go of him. ”But that sometimes the fruit of that love can heal you, and you need to keep fighting to bring them together.” Shida and Auriel, how she had failed. But she would never stop looking. Even if they had left Helovia, she would find them. ”Seeing only half the world is frustrating. I feel like I miss out on so much because I am incapable of being perfect. How am I supposed to be a general when I can hardly tell what’s going on with one good eye? Will two actually help me, or will I only be more confused…” The question was spinning out of control. She could hardly keep on the topic that the hulking giant in front of her wanted. ”I learned that selflessness is just as damaging as it is helpful.” Trying to keep everyone happy and satisfied was hard. Just look at her now, she had raggedly cut hair and the bruise on the left side of her face was turning an ugly yellow color as it tried to heal. ”I need to let go of the little things. If I make a mistake, I should just move on. Everyone else ends up forgetting it. So why is it so hard for me to forget it? It’s like I have a little tally board on the inside of my mind that is meant to keep track of my mistakes.” She sighed, the tears slowly leaking from her face and running down her face. With another inhale then, she turned her attention to the God, finally looking him in the eye. Was that what he wanted? ”I’ve learned that learning sometimes sucks.” She feigned a small laugh, a smile cracking the darkness she had been exuding.

@Mythical Request

"talk" 
image credits

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

He waited for her to speak, watching the way she moved. Moments after he had appeared her gaze dropped to the ground. Was it shame or anger that controlled her now? Emotion was in the driving seat, the darkness that he had sense before continued to cloud her thoughts. 

The God stretched his wings to their incredible full extent, then allowed his gaze to roam over the shattered veins. Elsa could have all the time she needed, there was no rush to complete this meeting. She may have lost her temper with him before but there is no trace of anger on the God's face. Instead he is polite and placid as he waits for her response to his question. 

Finally the mare releases and he allows her words to wash over him, listening to her tone, emotions and his eyes traveled back to the white mare; watching the small affectations that made Elsa who she was. Admitting that she was driven by her emotions - the core instinct that drove so many, was an extremely honest assessment on her part. Tears lurked behind the striking blue eyes, her evolution of love made the God pause. Listening to her speak and watching her crumbling form, perhaps this mare was braver that she realised. With every words spoken she exposed her rawness to him. Even with her trembling lips. 

Still, a smile cracked through the darkness. The God also smiled in turn, hope returning to him. "You have learnt, struggled and grown." Still she had much to learn. "While you are empathetic towards those with psychical afflictions you still do not appreciate their conditions." The God's gaze held Elsa's, steady, sure and strong. "You think without your full sight you are missing something." The god paused, "if a pegasus is missing a wing and therefore unable to fly, is he no longer a pegasus?" This strong mare understood and prevailed through the psychical struggle but she had lost the emotional battle - did not understand what others with limits did. 
You are not defined by your hardships. It's the emotional strength just as much as the psychical, acceptance and prevailing through such difficulties that characterised a being. 

Elsa was allowing her limitation to delineate her. 

CREDITS

Elsa,

He didn’t hate her quite yet, which was a step in the right direction. Though the question he proposed had her mind reeling. What did he want Elsa to say? In her mind, they are still a Pegasus, physically. Mentally, they are lost, broken, always yearning to fly. Are they as effective? No. It’s like a flightless bird, although they may be helped, they will never be able to migrate. They will be grounded in one place unless they can get carried. And in the ways of carrying, Elsa was positive no one would have the want to do that. Right now she was picking herself up by her own belt loops, and she didn’t know how much longer she could hold it.

Edgar too was puzzled. His head fell forward so that the top of his head was squished to Elsa’s poll. His mind was yearning and churning for a solid answer, and it was driving him absolutely insane. He groaned, finally giving up and freezing in his embarrassment in a face plant atop her head. If they weren’t in the presence of a God, she’d just as quickly shake him off and watch him plop to the ground in a pile of feathers.

She had yet to answer as she stood in silence, eyes gazing around as if she’d be able to find the right answer. Somehow, she had an inkling that Mr. Earth over there covered up all the posters before the test. Damn, he was an asshole sometime. ”I feel like you want me to say that they are still a Pegasus, and I can agree, that physically, yes, they are still a Pegasus.” She paused for a moment, formulating a way to continue this conversation. ”But mentally, it’s so hard to believe you are. You can’t fly, and you watch others soar above you. Granted, you can do great things on the ground, but it’s not the same. If a herd of Pegasus decide to migrate over a sea, what happens to boy that lacks a wing? Either he’d have to beg someone to find a way to help, or go on his own way.” Her body exhaled a long breath, taking to looking at him again. ”I don’t want to have to beg for help. I want to be able to do it on my own. I…” What did she want to say? So many thing came to mind, but he couldn’t be bothered with a novel of her reasoning for the way she acted. She’d never be the strongest physically, or mentally. While she could excel in one, the other she was barely making a passing grade. The change couldn’t just happen overnight, if that is what he was alluding to. ”I don’t know what I’m missing. Maybe that’s my problem. Sure, I can see physically a bit, but internally I am literally blind. I don’t know what direction to step in. The small steps I have taken before only led me into a pit of spikes, and despair. I don’t want to do that again.” She sounded like a pleading child again. In the world of happiness, sadness and gratitude, she was blind, arms outstretched, and unmoving. She didn’t want to risk it anymore, she needed someone to guide her out. That was the main reason her pride and emotions faltered, because when she realized she needed help, she rejected herself.

Edgar, still in a face palm, finally peeked up his head. He bobbed his head silently in agreement. He glanced downward, eyeing his bonded with suspicion. She never like speaking of her feelings to him, and especially hated talking to strangers about it. The only time she did was in a time of intense emotion, and desperation. So why did the God suddenly prod her to speak her inner workings? Was he trying to make her undergo an emotional transformation? Did he not realize she had already accomplished so much? Part of him growled inwardly, wanting to scream to the God that she understood. The Earth didn’t see Elsa like he did. He didn’t know that in her heart she was dying. Dying to change, dying to help, and dying to feel. And sometimes, that had her dying to die. She was trying so hard to hang on, and she had made leaps and bounds toward happiness. She went from contemplating death to actually wanting to see another day. Her reckless abandon fell, and now she sympathized with nearly everyone. She began to love without abandon again, and in a way, that worried Edgar. He fervently hoped the God would not drive her back into a state of darkness.

@Mythical Request

"talk" 
image credits

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
unarchived per request
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

The God smiled sadly, his head dipping. Although Elsa's reasoning was not surprising, he wished that she could have seen in herself what it was that he saw. A pegasus without a wing could make new ones, could learn to run even more swiftly than before. Could build a boat to follow his herd ... Wings were an advantage, not an identity.

Such was the same with Elsa's sight. The mare was already so, so much more than she took herself to be. Yet he understood. He truly did, and he would not withhold the needs of Elsa's heart from herself any longer. She had been patient, dutiful, and strong. If sight was what she wanted for herself, then she would have it.

"Alright Elsa. I know that it shall be a challenge for you, but I do require a few components to perform the magic that you seek. A need a mirror, or at least something highly reflective. I will also need a lubricant - heated up fat (in liquid form), or tears of forgiveness or joy. Finally, a brightly coloured pebble from the Riptide Isles. Others may assist you in performing these tasks, but it must be you who completes them - you cannot just have those around you bring you the materials that you need. Once you have the materials, you may return here, and I will come to you. Do you understand?"

Kindly, he watched her. He asked only the minimum from her - the bare materials he would need to work the magic that she had requested of him.

HELLA SORRY KLARE.

CREDITS