the Rift

[PRIVATE] When gold stops Glistening

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
Mortuus Nox
Your fears have just become all too real, for the Devil at the cross road wants to make a Deal
He had found his way to a new area of Helovia. He had never been to this meadow before, but is was very quiet and calming. He looked around with hazy gray eyes wondering if someone would be showing their face. The sun glistened down on his onyx black pelt, and the scars glowed like stars int he night sky. A lot had changed since he had came to Helovia. The pains in his head had been cured, but the voices still spoke to him. They came less often, but they still sat in the corner of his skull waiting to speak their voice. This talks with Tiamat had also help lever his mind out a bit more, but what could he say. He was really starting to fall for that blue mare.

His mind flicked back to the golden one he first met. How full of life and spunk she was, but the last time he saw her something was a bit off. She did not seem the same as when he first met the beautiful golden lady. She did not shine as bright as she did in the threshold. He had thought back to how long it really had been since they have had their conversations. He missed her sweet company among his dreary self. She was the one who brought him to the Basin, and if it was not for her he would not be pressed on Tiamat.

As the sun grew over head his heavily horned skull picked at the sweet grass under him. His thoughts wondered back to Rexanna wondering when their paths would cross again. They would have a lot to catch up on since they last saw each other. Although the Basin was a small place, he was a busy stallion. Nox was always away from his home meeting with people, learning about different healing methods, or just being to himself. It had been hard for him to be alone lately due to all the Rift shit going on, but hopefully that was finally over. He wondered what she would think to him becoming a healer, for he was a beast of war. He symbolized death for the longest time, now he will bring life. Instead of reaping the souls of others, he vowed to protect and help even a weeping shrub.

A lot had changed for him, and he wondered about her. He would love to know how her rank in the Basin was treating her, and more so what made the glow she always held fade away like a varnished gold ring. He thought to himself speaking aloud in thick Latin words. They were so faint a mouse could not even make out what he said. It sounded like a mumbling demon, and he for sure looked like one. His horns towered over his skull as cold eyes looked to the ground. Although he had become softer the warmth in his eyes still never showed. One could almost feel frost bite nipping at their heals if you looked into them for too long, but that is what happens when you grow up with a fucked up life.

"Talking here"
Image Credits!

@Rexanna

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
I didn’t remember the last time I felt like this. It had gotten better at the Threshold, meeting someone new. Seeing the little ivory child. Meeting up with an old friend again. But alas it was all business and left little time for conversation between the two of us. However, I wasn’t sure if I was up for much conversation, if I had to be honest. My bruising was nearly healed and I was feeling better about my situation at hand, but I still felt empty inside. Alone, forgotten. It had been a long time since I had felt forgotten.

In fact, I was so much the center of attention nearly everywhere I went that I didn’t really even know what it felt like. But I was definitely feeling it now. I made my way to the Meadow from a few nights of rest in the Basin. Sticking to myself mostly, but I was happy in the least to know that I was at least active. I could just stay in my cave all day and night in the Basin and nobody would miss me, more than likely. Though, I’d miss the feeling of the sun beating my golden pelt. It had been a year since I crossed the Threshold and found my way to the Basin. A whole year. And what did I have to commemorate that? Nothing.

I had decided that taking a break in the gentle grasses of the Meadow would be a better idea for me instead of running myself dry before nightfall. I emerged from the surrounding trees only to spot a deathly looking creature ahead. Was that really Nox? How was it that our paths kept crossing? Was it for a reason? Maybe. Maybe not. Perhaps a strange coincidence. Either way, I put on a smile on my face and picked up my pace from the walk I had been at earlier into a canter and rushed over to the dark creature. “Nox! What a coincidence.” I smiled to him, coming to a stop – rather close to him. Reaching out my creamy nose for a touch of hello. A touch of life. Perhaps now would be a great time to catch up, just the two of us in the meadow. “Now we can catch up. How have you been? How has the Basin treated you?” I asked with a smile. It was gentle, but nothing compared to the smiles I carried when I first met the stag.

"Talk?"
These friends of mine will come and go.
I’m the first to leave and the last to know.
image credits

@Mortuus Nox
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Dressy
your fears have just become all too real

His gray eyes looked over her delicate body. The chain interlaced over her soft pelt like the scars on his rough body. His deep warm air filled the space around him, then she spoke. Rexanna seemed joyful to see his cold soul creeping about the meadow. The haunting look remained on his face as he smiled, but it felt cold and dark still. He tried to be warming and have some type of compassion, but it could not break through the frozen stone wall. He watched as she grew closer and closer to him till he could feel her presence in his hollow body. They he watched as he golden muzzle reached out to touch cheeks with him. Her crown reached into the warm air given off by his breath. As he reached to touch her cheek he felt internal warmth, but all that came off of his was a frost bitten coldness.

As his eyes looked back into hers he was happy to see this mare and a glimmer of that peaked through the gray curtain. He lifted his demonic crowned head to look around, making sure they were alone. There was a lot they had to talk about, and well it is not away's a pleasure having others around. Nox listened as she spoke asking about how the Basin had been treating him. "Well so far it has gone well. I have met a bunch of new people and well i went into healing, something I would have never expected to do. Things are changing for me, the voices or my Daemon have taken leave, letting my mind think much clearer. I missed you Rex. I have not seen your gleaming face in a while. Life has started to look up for me, well I hope it is. I still live in my depression. You know the kind that builds up in your soul eating away at any little bit of sun light that tries to shine in." He chuckled and shrugged, he was being honest with this mare right now."So tell me what you have gotten your self into love... Don't say nothing because I can read the expression on your face. My eyes see your soul longing for something. They read your not pleasured with your self. " His deep Latin voice showed concerned for her. He was worried about this mare right now. She was not her self.

He waited and was ready to listen to what she had to say. Her beauty in the mean time took over his mind. He was enchanted with the golden dusted coat that held a glossy glow. Her finely crowed skull had elegant designs of ink black. She was flawless, unlike himself. Nox was covered in scars from head to toe, and his coat was glazed black. His horns were not delicate and refined; they were bulky and large, and made to kill. His body was toned and thick muscle hung over the bones hidden deep inside. He was not a typical pretty boy, he was your bad ass mommy and daddy warned about. His cracked hooves rested on the soft ground standing perfectly still. He was like the devil at the cross road. A site you never want to see, but then again he might give you a deal too good to pass up.

@Rexanna
"Talk."
ready to make a deal with the devil?
[/font][/size][/color]
image credits

Watching him, I couldn’t help but to allow my ears to flicker to the surrounding sounds. Birds had begun chirping overhead, loud and strong, full of life. I wished that I was that lucky. To have such happiness in life was beginning to feel nearly impossible to me. I had a void, a gaping hole that needed to be filled with something. However, the part I found to be the saddest one within me was that I had no idea how to fill it. Any other time, I just filled it with seduction and running. I felt as though I couldn’t do either of those this time, but I hoped I could at least make an effort to be a decent equine and refrain from doing anything I’d regret.

I felt his touch briefly, but it felt distant. Something wasn’t right with him and I was curious to know what was wrong. Ears perking to him in an attentive way as he began to speak. I nodded with him, eyes widening that he had chosen healing of all things. My smile growing slightly at such an odd occupation for a creature that looked like himself. But I couldn’t say much considering I was playing the role of a thief while I stood here looking like a queen. I nodded to him, my smile staying. “I’ve missed you too, Nox. I hope things go well for you, you deserve it.” I said gently after he had spoken of depression. My smile fading ever so slightly at the words he had said. It were true. It was painful and shadowed like an endless abyss of darkness wearing away at your core.

I may have zoned out for a few moments, but my head returned to the situation at hand as he asked what I had gotten myself into. I was just about to lie before he read me like a book. I lowered my head lightly, sighing softly, shifting my weight and shrugging my shoulders to him gently. “I’m afraid you’re right. I’ve messed up a few times lately and it seems as though something I thought was going to work out in the end was just a hopeless fantasy.” I chimed, my words hinting of something dark and saddened – broken by the acts of both myself and my lover. My gaze returned to him, offering him a small smile of solace before I spoke once again. “Love is a tricky game to play, I’d say. At one point you find yourself entirely enveloped in someone to the point you think you can’t live without them. The next moment you’re hopelessly trying to piece yourself back together again with a daily, grueling reminder of what used to be so wonderful and perfect. It’s an endless cycle.” My voice quickly shifted into a hushed whisper toward the end before my gaze drifted off the ebony stag and up to the heavens above me. “I hope that you never have to face something like that.

"Talk?"
image credits

@Mortuus Nox

Dressy

He listened to the golden mare speak. She spoke of how happy she was for him to finally find his own path in the Basin. He noticed her smile fade a bit when he spoke of depression. It was a fact of life for him, something he would never live with out. He accepted that, but he hoped someone like her self would never face that. It was a black demon that ate away at your soul, little by little. It would continue on this way for the rest of his life unless he found a cure for this thing. Nox let a sigh out as he let his gray eyes gaze back over the mare. If she only knew what real depression was.

He watched her body language as she went on to speak. He could tell the mare did not lie to him about her problem, instead she was vague. A hopeless fantasy, something he could not wrap his skull around. He was never a dreamer like that, Nox always was very real about every inch of his life. He could not imagine what false hope felt like, because he never felt anything for it. A fantasy is something that could never exist in his world, something was white or black, no gray. If someone allows gray in their life they are not getting the real facts, and there is some part of a mythical element added in. If life was looked at in black and white, there would be no confusion or mix feelings, and especially no fantasy's that would lead to false hope. Life would be such a better place if every one thought like him, but then everyone might be a psychopath. Nox shook his head trailing and dazing off in his own train of though, then she spoke again.

He listened to her speaking about love and how her whole world came crashing down. Yes love will do that to you especially if you are not careful. "Oh i have been through everything, especially love that went wrong. She was a golden buckskin, and she was a beautiful mare. Her features were refined into gold and her horn like coal, but her soul was as black as coal. I thought we were having a child together, and she told me it was mine. Well Rex when the foal was born its coat held not one speck of dark on it. I just ignored it, until one day... Needless to say it was not my child, and i took care of the problem ." He rolled his eyes thinking of the bitch. He looked back to Rexanna "So i know how you feel, my world tumbled down. You should not be depressed, it could not be that bad. I mean look at you, there will be someone else out there for you. Rex you're a beautiful mare filled with life unlike my self. Your coat glistens with gold, and mine is dull from the scars and blemishes. You are a good person at heart, you need to just learn from this experience. Life is about growing and there will always be things to learn. You will always make mistakes, but if you learn from it and come out to be a better person then it's okay. You don't have to be perfect ." His gaze remained on her as he finished speaking.

@Rexanna
"Talk."
[/font][/size][/color]
image credits

He listened to me speak, a diligent look in his eye. Had the Gods stumbled him into my presence to be a listening ear and a form of guidance? He spoke with such knowledge that I couldn’t help but to lower my head and glance away from him, heart reaching out for him and yet breaking all the same. As he spoke of being in love with a mare that sounded to be similar to me, I couldn’t help but to get stuck on the fact of the child. I shivered visibly to him, looking away fully. As he spoke of it not being his child, all I could think of was Tembovu and Caleb. The heartbreak that Nox must have gone through – what kind of pain did my doing cause on both of them? Was I as horrible as she? Was I just like her? It sounded to me like I could have been, and as he spoke of being depressed I only nodded, wishing to myself that my ways hadn’t taught me to be how I was. I turned my head back to him, glittering horn gentle in the light – eyes full of sorrow and upset that had only grown stronger with his words.

Nox… I’m so sorry that happened to you.” I began, voice cracking and eyes leaving his face to stare at his feet. Would he think different of me only to tell him that I wasn’t a faithful mare myself? That I had slept with nearly half the world by now, nearly any stag I had come across? I shivered again, finally closing my eyes and letting out an audible sigh. “I’m not exactly the most faithful mare either…” I began, voice shaking slightly before it grew stronger as I shifted my weight. “I don’t want you to think different of me. It’s all I knew for so long. I did it to survive and I made it this far – and yet my past has come to haunt me. I – I confessed love to two creatures. I had to make the choice between the two, and my choice of the two is possibly having his own child with another.” I could feel the tears growing behind my lids, a small burning fire at the edges of my eyes. “I caused it.” I admitted, shaking my head – trying to shake my tears away in a fateful attempt at trying to be strong in front of the creature that had been so kind to lend me a listening ear and advice. I only hoped he’d stay as my friend. The Gods knew I needed one.

"Talk?"
image credits

@Mortuus Nox , OOP. Cats outta the bag now. xD

Dressy

His eyes looked over the mare as he finished she seemed to struggle with what he said. The pain he went through was deep, and it was a laceration that would never heal. Then her golden mouth opened again. When she said she was not faithful it did not bother him to much. Yes there comes a point in life where you just have to whore around. It happens to everyone. The news slightly shocked him though. She was such a beautiful mare that had the would in her hoof. She could be a heart breaker, making every stallion want her, but the lust was greater if she did not give it away. If only he could tell her that.

He smiled softly, then it turned into a straight face as she went on. Two loves at once. She cheated on someone, if not two that really loved her. She burned the bridge with her possible true love. He could feel his chest burn with hate again. The bitch that did the same thing to him had paid her reaper, but Rex had not. His old Bitch laid in a pile of bone and dust now. Rex was fortunate enough to clearly not have been with a stallion like himself. She would have been dead If it was the old Nox, but he has changed. The scowl on his face lightened up as he looked to the golden mare. What she did was wrong, but she understood that. All he could think of was his talk with Tiamat. She showed so much forgiveness and a type of love he had never felt. The blue mare was there when he needed her, and Nox will be there for Rexanna.

The deep Latin voice rumbled from his chest as his eyes looked away from the mare."What you did was wrong Rexanna, and you know that.Loving two men at the same time got the bitch I loved killed, and I killed her. I killed them both. The emerald in my horn was worn by her lover. I pried it from his dead, lifeless body when i was done. " He looked back to the gold mare. "But you do not need to hear how wrong you were from me.It was hard for a good friend of mine to accept my past, and forgive me for what I have done. She showed me forgiveness is possible. She was a shoulder to lean on when I needed it, even though she did not agree with my past. Rex you remind me of the mare that cheated on me. That is why i found interest in you. You were beyond beautiful, and your personality matched your stunning looks. You are better than that Rex, I know you are. You have the beauty that can stun the rising sun. Don't drag your self down from this. You need to learn from this mistake you made, and I will be there to back you up. " A heavy sigh left his mouth as he finished. He knew how important forgiveness was to him, and that might be what Rex needed. He knew he could only give advise to the mare now.If she decides to take it will be her choice.

@Rexanna
"Talk."
[/font][/size][/color]
image credits

He seemed to keep an almost watchful eye on me as I spoke, but I was surprised at how well he took the information I had given him about my past. It was nearly identical to the way he was mistreated and all he could do was smile to me? At least toward the end I saw it fade and I just flattened my ears slightly, awkwardly standing there before the demon stallion, admitting my faults as if it were a confession. I felt the air pass through my nose but I felt numb inside, I didn't feel like I was breathing anymore if it werent for the suddle scent of the Meadow around us to remind me where I was. My blue eyes searched for his but he had turned his head away from me and began to speak, words coated in an unfamiliar accent than I was used to, as if he were a father about to lecture his child. Which, was exactly what it felt like when he did speak.

I stayed silent until he finished, nodding to him about how I knew my mistakes. Even knowing that I had made mistakes still didn't fix them. I nearly felt myself shrink in size, hide in the wind and the air as he spoke of killing the mare that had done it to him. At least I knew Tembovu wouldn't harm me, but as for Caleb - I wasn't entirely sure. I sighed to myself, watching as he spoke to me, lectured me, filled my head with all the wrongs I had done. But he changed to accept the fact of the deeds I had done. I caught his gaze again and he continued on, speaking of how I didn't need to hear how wrong I was from him. Well that was a relief! But he continued. The minute he said I reminded him of the mare that cheated on him, I pursed my lips slightly. Ears flickering in the awkward movement once again. But when he resulted in telling me not to drag myself down I numbly nodded to him.

"Thank you, Nox." I said softly to him, lips relaxing into a small thankful smile. "You see, it's all I've really known. I wasn't in a full relationship with the first stag, but when I met the second - the world stopped. It was a point in which I couldn't imagine not being by his side. But when they both found out about one another, I worked hard in one of the relationships only to have it backfire on me. I'm not sure where to go from here. I can't imagine what my life to be now without him." I admitted, head turning away from Nox to let my gaze drop upon the lush grasses that grew around our feet.

"Talk?"
image credits

@Mortuus Nox , Sorry for the wait!

Dressy

His ebony ears perked forward listening to the mare speak. She spoke of her first love, she did not know how to handle everything. That was clear by the actions she spoke of. He knew that the poor mare needed guidance before she did something stupid again. Her golden head lowered as she spoke and his gray eyes looked over her with a stone cold feel. He showed no emotions to the mare, it was not to be rube or mean. Sometimes he just did not know how to show them. He did not really know what to do in this situation with her. He swallowed hard as he looked to the tree line, there was so much he could tell her. There was so much about life that she had to know about.

"Hold your head up little lady. You need to hold your self better than that. Stay strong and don't give up. You say you can not imagine your life with out him, but you made it this far. You are with out him and are you not alive and breathing. Rex you have to much going for you to let one man hold you back. It is not worth grieving in the pain. Stand up for your self, and don't let others judge you. We all are not perfect, and do not let a single soul tell you they are. Everyone has fucked up in their life, but its not about that. You will find another man just as great as him, if not better. You will survive." He smiled softly looking over the golden mare. His expression held a slightly warmer feel than normal as he finished speaking his mind. She was a beautiful temptress luring men into her claws. He knew she was the type that knew how to use a man for what she needed to have done, but she will learn one day. Nox could not blame the girl if sleeping around is all she knew then what else would he expect. To bad she was too damn sexy to even think about saying no to. Any man lusting for a mare would quiver at the thought of having this beautiful piece of gold between his loins. Nox shook his head to run the thoughts out, and the pale expression glazed over his gray orbs once more.

[/font][/size][/color]
image credits

@Rexanna