the Rift

I'll never tell how close I came

Dante Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: finished_pony_by_herculeanddaisy-d9g65gh.png]

Dante
Let the water lead us home

Helovia, she had called it. The mare he had been travelling with had ventured off a while back with clear instructions; just go straight ahead, right through the thick forest, and sure enough, you'll get there. Easy for her to say. The bush was thick and vines wrapped against his leg, mossy logs had him carefully picking his path, and trees were brushing constantly against his hide. It was a tad claustrophobic- why on earth was he doing this again? Shaking his white marked head, the stallion continued on, making small grunts of effort as he struggled to make any leeway against the formidable density.

Eventually the trees cleared slightly, and he wove around the thick trunks, breaking into a high-kneed trot. Dante was busily avoiding thinking about what lay ahead of him, and instead distracted himself with his surroundings. Birds twittered and sung, flying about the trees. It would be nice to have wings. He had met a few Pegasus in his time and with every meeting came a good helping of envy. It would be fantastic to be able to just go wherever he wished; no great body of water could stop him. Instead of endless journeys along deep rivers to find a shallower spot, he could just lift off and immediately get to the other side. It would have saved him months at a time but, well, the journey was what he wanted anyway. 

No, being here did not at all mean he had given up on his journey, on his sense of adventure. He just wanted a little break for a while, a change in scenery (but not too much of one.) Maybe he would make some friends for the journey onward; however long it would be. All in all, Dante was feeling pretty optimistic about this new experience, even if so far he hadn't seen one other horse in this supposedly "populated" area. Goodness gracious. Maybe that mare was leading him into some sort of ambush, maybe this was what would lead him to his downfall. Maybe a few steps ahead of him was a trap that would keep him immobile long enough to introduce him to the slave trade... He heard there was a great amount of magic in this area, so considering, it didn't seem like a completely outlandish concept. The flaxen liver chestnut snorted at his own thoughts and continued to stride quickly into the unknown, trying not to bemusedly laugh as the slight anxiousness in his stomach cleared as the forest grew thinner still. No traps here. 

"speech speech speech"
word count; 426
notes; hi! sorry for small post

Aelin Posts: 67
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 15 :: 2
Frostie

I don’t feel the need for atonement,
Cause we all get our hands dirty when we’re seizing the moment.

The Threshold. Aelin stood at the hearth of the forest, she listened to the birds calls, the wind rustling the leaves and the gurgling of a nearby stream. Around her nature came to life, singing at her presence and growing stronger with every passing second. With a breath in an attempt to calm her excitement, Aelin entered the trees. Weaving, ducking and leaping through The Threshold she began to explore the unfamiliar forest and all of the secrets it had to offer. In a strange way she left a trail behind her, the vibrant, vivid and energetic nature effected by her magic lead directly towards her. Pausing by a bush with purple flower blooming she watched as a few buds that had been late bloomers suddenly opened, revealing their colours to the world. With a smile painting union her features she skipped further down the path. The girl only came to stop when suddenly her surroundings changed. 

Sticks, branches and leaves had been crushed and broken as if someone much larger than her had trumped past this way. Turning in a circle she studied the path created by another against her own - hers was life and bright, this one was normal with broken twigs. Sighing she turned her hooves and began walking down the path wondering if she would come upon the one who had made it of if they were moving in different directions. Her question was quickly answered as she happened upon a brute of a stallion. Keeping some distance between them the girl studied the dark coat, tinged with white legs and a bleached face. This visitor to Helovia (she'd heard rumours that this was the forest strangers entered through) was an equine. No horns or wings in sight. Should meeting such a large and intimidating stallion go pear shaped the girl was confident in her flight abilities to assist her in an escape. While she was still only young and not a strong or confident flyer yet, she was managing longer distances every day - she also quite enjoyed the activity. 

Making her way through the bushes she approached the stallion with a smile, trotting up briskly and purposely. "Hello!" The sandy princess called with a enthusiastic smile, coming to a stop in front of him the girl titled her head to the side as she now had the chance to study him up close. "Are you new to Helovia?" Aelin inquired, perhaps it was an intruding question but the filly was still young and learning the more delicate art on conversing. 

AELIN & HAWKE
My biggest fear is to die not knowing you well.

@Dante
I guess jealousy's the curse that the struggle inspires.

☀ Force and magic permitted. ☀
☀ No fatal or permanent damage. ☀
☀ Please only tag in opening posts. ☀

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa,
Feel lucky for what you have, when you have it. Happily ever after doesn’t mean happy forever.

The trees were rustling and Elsa was listening intently. For the past hour, Edgar had been jumping from tree to tree trying to coax her into a game of hide and go seek. It was childish, but the excitement still bubbled within her as she tried to sneak up on him. Edgar had quite impeccable hearing, so before Elsa could even get to him, he would hop to another branch before waiting for her again. This continued on for what seemed like an eternity, until Edgar fell silent.

He poked his head from out of the leave, shushing Elsa’s thought as he looked around. ’I hear baby.’ He kept repeating this over and over, anxiety rising into the bond. It was unusual for foals to be meandering about in the Threshold. Normally they were accompanied by a parent, or they would stay at home within the safety of the herd walls. Elsa would never understand how outcast parents managed to raise their children without worrying every two seconds about their safety.

Edgar hurriedly jumped from branch to branch until he spotted a sandy filly. She was in the presence of an older stallion and Edgar was a little worried. This did not look like her dad, so why was she so cheerily talking to him? He watched from above until his bonded entered the scene. Having Elsa in the presence of children greatly reduced Edgar’s anxiety. He knew how protective she was of any child, regardless of who their parents were.

With a bright smile, Elsa entered into their little circle, offering a little bow to the two present. She moved toward the filly, trying to keep closer to her than the stallion was. To add to her protection, she smelled of the Throat, so Elsa was on double alert. She did not want to bring an injured or dead child back to Gaucho. Something tells her that he would not be too fond of that. ”Hello you two! My name is Elsa, and that’s my companion up there,” she nodded toward the canopy, and Edgar swooped down to the ground. He bounded over to the filly, flapped his wings in greeting, and did the same to the equine. ”I’m assuming that this girl has already told you where you were at?” She queried, looking to the child for an answer. ”I am the general from the World’s Edge, so what brings you two out into the heat of the Threshold?” Elsa’s voice was filled with mock exasperation, but to say the least the heat was unbearable.
"talk"
image credits
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Colt Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14 hh :: 5 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Dark
Colt
take your aim when you take a shot
Colt had wandered back into the Threshold with anger consuming her very being. Less and less she saw freely roaming equines, their numbers dwindling. She felt a dreary sense of hopelessness looming overhead as she trudged through the trees, hooves striking the ground with a purpose. If she was ever to build up her empire, she needed to recruit. 

Strings of curses leave Colt's mouth as she realizes how pitifully small her ranks are, it is merely her and Diesel within the Empire. Such small numbers would never be enough to successfully bring attention to the equine race, they were supposed to be superior, not be the god damn minority. She picks up the pace, strides growing desperate as she enters a thinner patch of the forest. Voices rattle through her ears, introductions being made, friendships being forged with a few simple words. Colt swears to herself that she would make it out of this damn forest with someone in tow, willing or not. 

Finally her eyes lay upon someone worth talking to, hornless, wingless and perfect. A smirk befalls her lips, Colt's strides picking up into a quick trot as she makes her way to the potential recruit. In the second the steps within eye sight of the man, her features soften and become more welcoming and kind. For but a moment her eyes harshly jab at the winged scum that dare attempt to take the stallion with them. 

Turning to the flaxen without hesitation, she offers a rather genuine smile, the fluttering excitement in her gut too much for her. She would be taking this stallion along with her, not the feather brained mutts that sought him out. "Brother," Colt begins to spin her web of lies. She takes a moment to turn around and give respective nods to each of the winged ones that were in their presence. "And friends," Colt's steel eyes drag along the wings of the snowy blue mare, ears flicked back at the flakes that scatter around her. Pathetic magic, Colt concludes, opening her lips to talk again, this time directly to the stallion. "I'm known as Colt. I lead a small group of equines that strive for peace and equality among the races." The lie slips off of her tongue naturally, her smile still remaining as Colt eyes the flaxen with her ears perked forward in interest. This lie was like all the rest, well planned and easy to let free into the world. Colt watches the stallion closely, his similar hate leaving her neck without strain. 
Speech
finally an equine in the threshold lolol

art by dark -- table by abba
[Image: 5518a658038f0]
The Equine Empire wants YOU! Assuming you refers to an equine.
Join the movement.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Imonada Posts: 61
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.1hh :: 3 (Frostfall) HP: 58 | Buff: NOVICE
Byrneve

She appears out of the thicket, seemingly at random, a small dark specter. A hunting cat would make more noise than Imonada, as she moves like a shadow, her gait easy and unhurried, toward the budding group that begins to surround the new equine. She was here for much the same reasons as the others; there was no skirting that obvious truth. Personal projects aside, such as her map-making endeavor, she still answered to the needs and desires of her herd. One of them being the recruitment of new blood to bolster their ranks, using individual's skills and personalities for a well-rounded tribe of philosophers and warriors. She had heard the things some others had said about them, snide remarks regarding the unstable history of the Hidden Falls or their lack of bloodthirst, but whatever happened before only served as caution; she was with them now, and she'd work tirelessly behind the scenes if she must, to bring them the prosperity they richly deserved.

Even if I do not snag the newcomer, she thought, inspecting everyone's faces. I'll at least expand my contacts.

When she is a few meters away she stops and bends fluidly at the foreknees, dipping into an elegant bow and stretching her wings in display for a courtly greeting; they are not aligned and it is obvious as they fan out wide around her, wrought of thick and beautiful black feathers gleaming in dappled sunlight that strains hot through the emerald canopy arched over them. She had eavesdropped from behind the trees prior, secure and clandestine in that hiding spot beneath a low bough of a Khasi pine; she had watched the dusty gold filly approach the stallion, before another older mare soon swooped by and into the fold. Then Colt came unimpeded, both mink-pale and swarthy, a ferocious calculating look in her eye that put the petite pegasus on edge. It had reeked there in her spot as she listened and spied from a frame of needle greens, an oily cloying terpene, but now in the open it was the Helovian scents and their unique signatures that her brain was greedily processing.

"Hello. I am Imonada of the Hidden Falls."

elizabeth: you're not telling us everything.
red: let me put your mind at ease; i'm never telling you everything.
--blacklist

force allowed
plotting prior to death/maiming please

[Image: a0jmns.png]
line art by jennyleigh

Unregistered
[Image: finished_pony_by_herculeanddaisy-d9g65gh.png]

Dante
Let the water lead us home

Perhaps he had spoken too soon- the stallion startled as an individual approached from his side, practically jumping out of the bushes. With a small snort he turned himself to face the creature and immediately softened. A young filly was no threat to him, even if his own size was hardly intimidating to the norm. Dante's teal eyes lingered on her wings for a brief moment before a smile settled onto his maw. "Hello, young lady." He bobbed his head in greeting, silly stupid short mane flying everywhere. It had never grown longer then that of a foal, really, and still stood in ridiculous chunks at the most inconvenient of times. It would be a good idea to look well composed, elegant, at a time like this, but clearly it was too much to ask.

He grinned again as the foal spoke up, awed by her innocence. Really, she was just adorable. It made him want to give her a little nudge of reassurance, but at the same time, he did not want to invade her space. What was she doing out alone, anyhow? Perhaps it was different here, after all, she had wings. That must be helpful. "Ah, so this is Helovia. Yes, I am new." He must have crossed onto territory just recently, and this was one of the herd members, coming to great the stranger. It must be populated indeed, for one newcomer to have an entire individual all to themselves. "What is your name youngling?" Dante queried, voice soft. It would make him feel terrible if he somehow managed to scare off the filly.

Just as he was beginning to cock his hind leg in complete relaxation, his ears picked up the sound of someone coming closer, and his eyes narrowed in on a figure walking towards them. His nostrils flared slightly. Surely this must be the foal's mother, which again gave him a sense of ease. It had been so long since he had last conversed with any more then one person at a time, and while he considered himself friendly, all these horses had distinct advantages over him. The mare joining them was significantly taller then himself and had wings. He sensed she was on edge, and considering he was standing next to a filly that he did not appear to be the father of, Dante took a few steps back, returning the mares bow. It was upon learning her name that Dante realized she was clearly not the fillies mother, and did not know the little one, either. How large was the herd that they did not know members with in it? The chocolate coated male mentally shook his head in amazement. It seemed like an enormous step, to go from a loner nomad, to entering into a herd that was so enormous they did not keep track of their young... "Greetings Elsa, my name is Dante." His deep voice remained calm even as he gave the bird a wide eyed stare. This place was odd.

As the mare, Elsa, spoke again, Dante nodded. Indeed, this was Helovia. He thought the World's Edge was a very peculiar name for a herd, but he dismissed it. The stallion gathered that this particular place must have been the 'threshold', even though to him it did not feel too hot at all. More comfortable; but considering he very much enjoyed the heat, he supposed it could be warmer then it seemed to him. "This young lady was just greeting me, I am new in these lands." He stutters out the last word and once again notices yet another individual joining them. Goodness gracious, how many people lived here? It is was as populated as it currently seemed, he would never be able to go anywhere without being accompanied by the possibility of meeting someone. That was a little... Unnerving to say the least. The approaching mare was slightly smaller then himself, painted black and white. Miraculously, she had no wings.

Being greeted as brother immediately warmed him slightly towards the mare, and perhaps a sense of kindredness. He was sure that these Pegasus were just the same as him, but even so, they were different. It wasn't that he thought they were less or more with wings, but he was just relieved to see another of the same type. It was a little overwhelming to see no one for so long, and then suddenly be blasted with the image of three others: two with wings. Dante's ears flickered slightly, but fixed themselves on the two-toned mare as she spoke again. So, she was from another herd? Dante was feeling a touch bewildered. "Pleased to meet you Colt, I am Daunte." Just as he was about to go on, another winged horse joined them. Out of politeness, the darkly coloured horse bowed back, even though he was quite lost. "Greetings Imonada." He shook his head slightly, and turned his eyes to rest on each individual. "I must admit my confusion; are you all of one herd?"  

"speech speech speech"
word count; 839
notes; its like a party :D

Outcast
Frostie

Being called a young lady made Aelin giggle with delight. Lady? No. Little Mischievous monster? Yes. The stallion's appearance was a little more rugged than she was used to, travel worn and probably still carrying the organic material from his homeland. When he grinned down at her Aelin smiled back, tilting her head to the side as she continued to study the stallion as he spoke. "Welcome!" The girl greeted him warmly, if he was new here then surely he would be looking for a family. There always seemed to be new members in The Throat, perhaps the stallion might like to join them. Thinking herself brilliant for coming up with such an idea, the filly only took a moment to realise he'd asked for her name. "Aelin." Standing up a littler straighter and puffing out her chest proudly she continued. "Aelin, daughter of the sands." It was the land where she had been born, where she and her twin brother Hawke had many adventures and it was the land that her very own father kept safe. 

It was home

Before she could speak again the sound of someone else approaching stopped Aelin, she turned and watched a white mare approach them. The little girl held in amazement of the mare's height and apparent strength. No doubt this new comer would be able to fly miles! Equipped either side of the mare's body were beautiful white wings. "Wow, you're beautiful." Aelin whispered to the white mare, duel coloured eyes wide with awe. Maybe after this meeting she could ask the white mare to give her a flying lesson. The two had switched positions, the mare had introduced herself as Elsa and moved to Aelin's side. While Dante had backed up a few steps giving them some more space, the filly looked on curiously confused by the actions of the two adults. Yet the moment her eyes feel upon Elsa's grinding companion the girl forgot all about it. Ever since Hawke had found Hades inside an egg the you girl had been desperate to achieve a companion of her own. Coming back to the conversation the young girl ruffled her feathers and glanced around the threshold. "I was just exploring! I've never been this far up north before." Smiling proudly the girl turned her eyes towards even further north. "I hear it snows further up." That was where she'd be heading next if she didn't end up escorting Dante back to The Throat. 

Again at being called a lady Aelin giggled, she turned to smile at Elsa. After a moment they were joined by another equine called Colt. Something flashed in the mare's eyes as she watched both Aelin and Elsa before turning to Dante. Her childish intuition urged her to step a little closer to Elsa whom she'd immediately liked and trusted, although the girl was not consciously aware of her own movement. Reaming silent as Colt made her entrance Aelin chose to watch the adults sort of the issue of who was who and what everyone wanted on their own. As she remained in the one spot the nature the cradled but her and Elsa grow in strength and colour, no longer wilting underneath the heat of the sun. Another joined their little group, Aelin chuckled softly to herself at the bizarre spectacle they made. Turning back to the stallion the sandy princess spoke up again, answering his question. "I'm from The Dragon's Throat." Glancing around she was quite sure that no one else gathered shared her homeland. "We live right down south, maybe you'd like to visit us?" The filly offered with a smile. 

AELIN & HAWKE

@Elsa

Elsa,
Feel lucky for what you have, when you have it. Happily ever after doesn’t mean happy forever.

Suddenly the trio blossom into a much bigger groups. First, they were joined by an oddly looking equine. Well, oddly by equine standards. Her coat was unlike any they have ever seen. Though Elsa was not too fond of her assessment. Elsa felt as if she was being searched by her dull eyes. Her words too, seemed so vague. There was no name for this group, and they strived for peace? How different was that in the first place? Three of the four herds are accepting of all, and right now, on good terms as far as Elsa knows.

She steps protectively between Aelin and Colt. She had no reason to distrust Colt, but Elsa did not like the way she was being scrutinized. It was almost like a predator sizing up its prey. Thankfully though, another stepped in to join the conversation. The Falls were not a herd Elsa was fond of, but she knew that most of them were trustworthy. Well, now anyway. Elsa offered a nod to Imonda as she spoke. Her attention was then quickly turned to Dante.

Aelin jumped on the question, answering in the normal, sweet foal way. Elsa couldn’t help but grinned as she reached down to nudge Aelin gently. ”Tell Gaucho I said hi when you get back will you?” It was meant in two ways. One, Elsa generally wanted her to tell him. He had done so much for her, and probably much more than he realized. Without him, her magic would not have been formed. The other was to get across that the Edge and the Throat were peaceful.

Elsa’s eyes slid warily to Colt, taking her form into memory before smiling towards Dante. ”Nearly all the groups here are peaceful, I’m not sure you were aware of that, Colt?” She questioned, but didn’t leave enough room for her to answer. Elsa really didn’t care, but if this mare was truly ignorant enough to think all the herds were in chaos, she was mistaken. ”As I mentioned, I live in the World’s Edge which is to the west of here. It sits on a cliff overlooking the ocean, quite beautiful really. And the temperature is nice pretty much all year.” Cooler at least than most of the herds, never too hot, never too cold. Though winter did bring a bit of a bite. ”I know I can speak for the Throat, Falls and Edge by saying we would all love for you to join us. The Throat’s leaders, I know are good as well as the Falls. All three accept all sorts of races and backgrounds.” She stood a little taller as Edgar did the same. The bird puffed his chest as he watched over the gathering. ”So to finally answer your question, all of us come from different backgrounds. The Falls, Throat and Edge are their own independent herds, though we get along pretty well.” Forgetting about the invasion a few seasons back, of course. Then she fell silent, tail flicking anxiously as she stood next to Aelin still. One could never be too sure of their company. Sometimes the sheep is a wolf in disguise.

"talk"
image credits

Colt Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14 hh :: 5 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Dark
Colt
take your aim when you take a shot
Colt leaves her smile on, feeling the twitch of her lips as Elsa (what a stupid name) tries to tell her that all the herds were peaceful. With a gentle tsk of her tongue Colt is almost tempted to prove otherwise, but wedges her tongue between her teeth before it has a chance to lash out. There's another mare, (another disappointment) wings protruding from her sides. The dun's disinterest in the midnight maiden isn't apparent as she keeps her welcoming smile plastered to her features, pain in her cheeks proving how little she actually smiled. It wasn't really a thing she did anymore, she didn't laugh or cry either. She was just at a general stand still in terms of emotion, her emotional growth stunted at an early age by her ever so loving father (rot in hell daddy-o).  

The mare Elsa (she should keep her mouth shut) spouts out words about the herds, her jabberjaw giving Colt a migraine. She was like an old, dirty gun, she needed a fine cleaning; And Colt wouldn't mind being the one to give it to her. Her ears waver as she listens to her explanation on the herds, and Colt nods her head along (she was actually listening closely, remembering some horses she'd stumbled upon in her years who belonged to each herd listed). "We can't forget the Basin," She pipes up, smile still wide. "But they don't take too kindly to other races, strictly unicorns. Probably won't be going there anytime soon, but they reside up north." Colt's eyes are trained to the flaxen, he is the prize. She will tear at flesh and bone for this recruitment if it's the last thing she does. Her gun is loaded and this bullet only has one destination, little ol' Dante's innocent head. She'll worm her way into it for the sake of her Empire (or was it Ricochet's? Had she taken his place as Emperor?). 
Speech
~~

art by dark -- table by abba
[Image: 5518a658038f0]
The Equine Empire wants YOU! Assuming you refers to an equine.
Join the movement.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Imonada Posts: 61
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.1hh :: 3 (Frostfall) HP: 58 | Buff: NOVICE
Byrneve

Perhaps Imonada was not the best choice for recruiting from the Threshold, especially when there was a crowd. It was difficult for her to jump in with gaiety and self-assurance; she preferred to stand back, watch things play out and understand her place before getting involved. Elsa and Colt's dominance over the conversation pretty much shut her out, two strong personalities vying for control in a subtle dance of powers. Even the filly commanded presence with her innocence and friendliness; the black pegasus of the group felt like a dim planet circling blazing stars, their charismatic light most certainly pulling Dante in with the promise of sharing that blinding glory. But she was here and had already begun; what could she do, bow away politely and excuse herself simply because she felt outshined? That would appear even more awkward than her kept quietness, so she would bolster through her shyness, if only to help bring about an eventual end to her discomfort without sacrificing face.

When there is a moment after Colt speaks, Imonada finally pipes up, her throaty smooth voice like that of a jazz singer with an opium pipe dangling precariously between nimble fingers. It belies her inner turmoil, her nervousness; it is her mask she dons, channeling her words through a filter of easy decadence. "What Elsa said is true, aside from the Aurora Basin. They do not take kindly to those without unicorn blood or those who do not express it." Which might explain their lack of representation in approaching the stallion equine, but she leaves such a thing to be surmised by her and Colt's tone regarding the Frostbreath dwellers. Now to sell her herd to him, for it was her turn. That was why she was here, after all, in addition to learning new names and faces. "Hidden Falls is not too far from here, to the west. It is a valley fed by a countless waterfalls. Lush, verdant. You would be welcomed there with open arms, but we would expect you to take a role as we do not have citizens. You'd be earning your keep, but all the same you'd have ample opportunity to make a name for yourself." That... was a lot more than she expected to say. Would the others say something disparaging about her little speech? She was priming herself for it, already thinking of comebacks to imaginary jabs.

While the majority of her attention was set upon Dante, with the occasional split to keep track of the other mares, Colt begins to capture more of Imonada's audience. She would not, could not, forget a face or patterning; this bedraggled creature was the one she attempted to steal from and her eyes pinpoint on the amulet that was suppose to a gift for Knox, but she had failed spectacularly. At least she was not caught at the time, but would Colt recognize her scent? Would she piece the little clues together and realize that a thief was in her midst? She quickly looks away from the amulet, but as wild and unkempt Colt was, she possessed a captivating spark that made Imonada watch her; the tension in her expression, the way her eyes could not betray her feelings even if she strained to keep a forced smile with words of manipulation and beguilement, a fire coursing beneath the veneer that promised retribution. Something was going to happen today; in a cold and clinical way, Imonada held a small hope for it... It would be terribly interesting, after all.

"Talk."

@Dante
elizabeth: you're not telling us everything.
red: let me put your mind at ease; i'm never telling you everything.
--blacklist

force allowed
plotting prior to death/maiming please

[Image: a0jmns.png]
line art by jennyleigh

Unregistered

The wee one was just adorable and his chest warmed a little as she giggled and spoke in such a cheerful and chirpy way. It was nice to be around someone so jovial- it certainly made him feel much less apprehensive about this land. Normal foals, even if they did have wings. "Aelin is such a lovely name." He smiled gently, bobbing his head a tad. Dante had no idea what the sands were, but he pretended to be impressed all the same. Maybe the beigey foal was a princess of some sort and he should be bowing, but considering that no one else was, Dante was pretty sure he was okay to stay standing. Her awe was endearing, but it made his ears flicker uneasily to hear that she wished to continue on her 'journey.' Surely that was dangerous? Were there not creatures and beings that could harm her in one way or another? Maybe this place was just as idyllic as it seemed.

That being said, even a horse as gullible and socially blind as Dante was picking up on a little unrest between Colt and the others. The small tut the dun two toned gave Elsa just made him more certain, and he felt a small twist of curiosity in his stomach. Perhaps the herds weren't quite as peaceful as was being said? The deep chestnut, with his wild imagination, could imagine great wars being waged right in this little meadow, clashing right in the center. For what reason he couldn't fathom, but many individuals didn't really need a reason in order to create conflict. The flaxen maned horse did all he could to avoid it. As each mare spoke, Dante flicked his ears towards them, listening intently. It was a lot of knowledge to take in, and even worse, it was a seemingly massive decision. He had never been a decisive creature and now he was faced with four outspoken, lovely horses who all wanted him to join them in their herds. He hated to feel as if he was going to disappoint any of them.

Elsa seemed calm, as well as caring, if her doting of the foal was anything to go by. She almost came across as icy, if it wasn't for her friendliness, and from her brief comment about how humid the climate was right now, Dante could almost confirm to himself that the Edge was of a cooler feel. "The World's Edge sounds like a lovely place, Elsa." The stallion murmured, his stomach twisting slightly, still at odds. Colt, apart from her apparent disdain of the exclusive unicorn herd (and he didn't blame her, it seemed awful rude to only allow members due to a horn on their head), hadn't said much. Dante turned his white marked face and fixed his teal eyes on the smaller mare. "Where does your herd call home, Colt? Do you have a name for yourself? He smiled slightly, ears flickering about. With so many people here it was almost easy to completely forget about his surroundings. Quite the opposite to when you are alone and all you have is your senses to keep you awake and occupied.

The solidly built welsh had a feeling that it was going to take him quite a while to settle back into a society of any sort. It made him feel a little clumsy, and he just hoped others would have patience with him. Even now he was sure he was missing subtle cues, but he was just so rusty. The black mare, Imonada, had mostly been quiet. He could get very little feel about her personality either: just a kind of sereneness that he enjoyed. Dante felt like she would make good company. She did not seem like the type to force the silence to be broken. The mare also had a way with words, Dante felt, and he listened to the description falling from her tongue. It seemed like a magical place, and part of Dante's more spontaneous nature wanted to say, to heck with it, let's go! but his other half knew that if others spoke so imaginatively, he would be lured just as easily to their homes. "Hidden Falls also sounds most beautiful, Imonada..." The robust stallion flicked his head slightly with a small sigh before lifting his gaze from the black mares and again meeting the eyes of the others around him. "I must confess friends, I am at a bit of a loss. All of the options you have given me all sound more then just viable. I would be honored to come to any of your homelands." Dante made a dismissive gesture, almost a shrug. He wasn't sure what else he could say.

Outcast
Frostie

"Thank you!" At his compliment the filly grinned widely, happily accepting the appraisal of her name. Turning to Elsa Aelin laughed, "I'll tell him!" The filly assured the frosty mare with a wide grin. While Gaucho was indeed busy running the herd and taking care of business (the normal and boring adult things) Aelin was sure he'd always make time for her. The dun princess adored her father and was extremely proud to be his daughter. 

Feeling as if he needed a gentle nudge the filly stepped closer to him. "The Throat would suit you well I think!" The girl's eyes shone with excitement and pride as she spoke of the sandy lands. "We are a strong people, lead by Gaucho and Megaera, both mighty warriors of the sun." The filly did not feel as if she were boasting or exaggerating the truth for every moment she laid her eyes upon the two leaders of her homeland she felt safe, welcome and protected. Both her father and Megaera had her back - just like they had everyone elses. The leaders of the Dragon's Throat inspired loyalty and strength. Qualities that she felt Dante had. It would be great if he came back with her to The Dragon's Throat! Then she could show him all of the wonderful things about her home, she'd happily stop her explorations to be his personal escort back home. 

At his words of feeling lost Aelin tilted her head to the side. It must be awfully overwhelming to have so many beings attempting to recruit you. Luckily she was born into The Throat family, she didn't have to choose but if she had it would have still been the strong, stoic and unbreakable sandy land where she chose to reside. The Throat was known for it's battle prowess, for the warriors who never bowed in battle. Dante with his sheer size and strength would not just fit in - he would be a recognisable member. It would be disappointing to watch him go, yet that was the way the world worked she supposed. "Well, what do you say to seeing The Throat?" She asked referring to her previous offer. "We'd love to have you, even if only for a visit!" 

AELIN & HAWKE

Elsa,

The voices were overwhelming her, so she couldn’t even imagine what Dante was feeling. At this point, if Elsa didn’t care, she’d run off into the hills as far away from the voices as she could manage. That would be nice. All the words from Colt simply rolled off her back like rain over wax paper. Sure, bring up the one herd that is racist, yet no one from that herd was here to represent? That hardly seemed like one-upping. It’s not like he would’ve wandered there on his own. They are freaking camped out in the northern iceland.

When Aelin burst into joyous description, Elsa finally had something nice to focus on. Foals were her kryptonite, and it was obvious. The chance that she will be used for this weakness was high. She didn’t care though, she was confident in her ability to beat the shit out of anyone who tried to cross her. Her life was inferior to those of the young ones. The morbid thought danced around in her head, and had finally become a solid basis for all of her actions.

Once the bright filly had stopped speaking, Elsa nodded her head in agreement with what had been said. ”The Throat is a wonderful place, you cannot go wrong there.” She looked to Aelin for confirmation that the Throat was indeed wonderful. ”But like I said, I would be more than honored to introduce you to the Edge. We’re a good group, and that’s an understatement.” She chuckled a little before falling silent for a moment. If Dante was still unsure, how was he to decide? ”Do not be overwhelmed though,” she added quickly. ”At least I know for the Edge you are more than welcome to visit and leave should you find the home unfit for you. There are no binding decisions here.” She was quiet then, letting the floor become open to the other two who wished to pitch their home real estate.

"talk"
image credits

Unregistered

The filly was a bright light to his mood. Although he was feeling considerably overwhelmed, the stallion was grateful for the younglings presence in that she stopped him from overthinking things too greatly. He hadn't been around foals much at all since his youth, and it got him thinking about the possibility of having his own little babies running around. He would be able to grant them a much better upbringing then his own; no little mutts would tease his offspring, even if they were marked just like him. Dante doubted that the people of this land would have taunted him much anyhow, given the strange attributes such as wings that these horses had. Elsa had blue wings- blue! And a similar shade touched her hooves. Perhaps it is the norm to be so oddly coloured. Perhaps his simple deep brown coat would again be mocked but for different reasons: because he was so dull and plain. Then again, Aelin was a brownish tone (although, he did say, she almost seemed to shimmer) but her mane and tail were a colour he had not seen on a horse before.

Dante didn't want to be an oddity. He hoped wherever he found himself, he would fit in just right. The liver chestnut had no longing for fame or recognition, just the humble knowledge that he was known and loved by people, and thus, would be missed if he dropped from the earth before his time. Discontent rolled in his stomach at the thought of the decision before him, and his ears twitched slightly back, flaxen tail lashing once again his sides. He did not mean to appear rude but the fact he was in company was forgotten momentarily. It was an easy thing to disregard. Thankfully, Aelin's chirp refocused him before he could grow too melancholy and agitated, and he nodded thoughtfully as he listened to her eloquent words.

Elsa listened along too, and it put Dante at great ease to know that there would be no conflict from his decision. After all, it was clear the snowy mare had a great love and protectiveness towards foals, and if Dante chose to go with Aelin, there was no doubt Elsa would not hold any grudges towards the filly. The sturdy male kept silent till both had stopped talking, occasionally smiling or nodding along with their words, but otherwise tossing things over in his head. He had never considered himself as a particularly deep thinker- more the shallow sort, who tended to grasp thoughts and release them at free will, unless they were worrying. Worrying thoughts tended to linger in the pit of his belly, long after happiness had left. Dante was extremely grateful for these kindly souls who had taken pity on him and somewhat released the strain of making a decision.

Finally, the white-dipped stallion came to a decision. He smiled broadly and pulled himself a little more upright, even if the upwards twitch of his maw was a tad forced. "I thank you all so much." Dante murmured, ears and gaze flickering to each of the equines present. "All of your homes sound delightful and I am very pleased to make all of your acquaintances." He paused again, and hoped he wasn't appearing too melodramatic. But oh, the suspense! Inwardly, the 14.1HH male snickered, and the humor had his slight smile more sincere as he turned his teal optics towards the youngest member of the group. "At this stage, I hope to visit the Throat with Aelin, if that is still alright with her. I may also visit all of your territories, as all the places you have described seem most homely." Dante spoke gently but enthusiastically, clearly lightened by his own decision, and too, with the sense of adventure he was beginning to feel. Who knows what was instore for him.

speak speak speak