the Rift

Lost Without Reason

Hera Posts: 50
Outcast
Filly :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 3 Months
nickel

What was this strange place? How did I get here? Where was mama? There was so many questions yet nobody around to answer them as the sun rose higher into the sky. Standing upon shaky legs she let her eyes wander around looking for any sight of her mama only to find more trees and more scariness. Why would mama leave her like this, surely she was looking for her. Having found a trail that smelled like her mother she had followed it until the scent had disappeared before bravely continuing forward with mild hesitance. Mama had always told her never to be out past dark and based on the fading light it was getting close but where had mama gone? Stopping the filly turned herself in a circle starting to feel a little nervous being out here all alone, sure she had been alone before but never for this amount of time. Had something happened to mama? What if she was hurt? Stumbling backwards as a bright flash of lightning lit up the sky the filly found herself falling backwards as her feet seemed to catch in the thick undergrowth.

Picking herself up just as the water droplets started to pour from the heavens she tucks her leoline tail tightly around herself as her eyes fall to the metal charm that her mother had given her. The bracelet type thingamabob would loosely around her tail in a gold spiral while four sharp stars dangled from it in various places. Mama had shown her how she could use it to protect herself if she ever needed it by just whipping her tail out towards the danger. The stars were sharp enough to cut into flesh but not do any great damage like some of the other things that mama had had. She had never expected to actually use them she liked them more for the beauty and to hear them click together as her tail swayed side to side as she moved. It reminded her of home when the many neat grown up items would be used to practice using them for a reason completely unknown to her. Mother had always kept her well away from the practice sessions saying that she was too young to worry about something like that. At just over a month old she believed herself to be old enough so she had snuck out once to observe from the shadows to see what it was all about. The blood and screams had shaken her so badly it didn't take her long to return to where mother had left her only to curl up in a ball and cry. It was horrible and she didn't understand why everyone was trying to hurt one another leaving them with bad lacerations and bruises. 

Shaking her head to clear the water from her face she picked up the pace needing to find mama cause she was getting scared. Another loud clap of thunder rumbled overhead before a lightning bolt struck down into a tree a few feet to her left setting fire to the now broken tree. Screaming out of fright she raced away barely managing to keep on her feet with all the vines and stuff grabbing at her hooves with wide eyes and tears streaming down her face. Soon enough her luck ran out as a branch or something collided with her legs sweeping them from underneath her, tumbling to the ground with another screech she lay there trying to catch her breath. Shivering as the icy rain pouring down upon her the filly pulled herself back up painfully hobbling forward to cling to the trunk of one of the largest trees. Where was mama? Why was she not here? "Mama! Mama where are you?" She screamed out her voice quivering with fear. Letting her legs give way the young girl tucked herself into a small nook created by the roots hoping to hide from the storm.

Hera Speaks
•• TAGS: Throat, Edge or Basin Please. The more the better. 
•• NOTES: Abandoned by her mother in the threshold. No relation to Helovia

“Every loss, every mistake, was seared into her soul, creating a different kind of tattoo, one made from rage and abandonment, heartbreak and tears”
Table by Moonstone Designs

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie
Sialia
I tried to sell my soul last night, it's funny he wouldn't even take a bite.

The hot day beat down in my back, causing my head to droop low in a miserable state. I was again at it. Looking for those to bring home. Or just wandering. Who would be in this heat, after all. The day was growing late, andI seem to have stayed out to long. It looked like I would be staying in the Woods tonight. But it wasn't dark yet. I move swiftly through the woods, checking for stragglers. But nothing caught my attention in particular. Nothin at all. 

A grumpy grunt came from my lips. No luck today. How unfortunate. I sigh, as my body comes to a halt, and I turn around. My head swings slightly from left to right, searching in the fading light. Once more I sigh, before starting back the way I had came. 

After some time the darkness had enveloped the area, and all I was left with where the yellowish Burt's of lights from fireflies and the buzzing of June bugs. There was the occasional cricket, and the baritone of the frog, and the combination made it sound like some kind of symphony. It was very relaxing, and enough to make someone sleepy. I yawned, for after a long day, I was tired, and my dark body craved for rest. With a heaving sigh I lurched downwards, my blue swirled legs hitting the ground, and my white marked hinds following quickly after. I didn't think much of anything else. I slowly drifted to sleep from the musical tallsun night. 
----

A booming awoke me from my slumber, and I jerked awake. The music was gone, and was replaced by the sudden down pour if water, and the sounds of war in the sky. My blue eyes where wide, as my head shot up, ears flipping wildly each way. It wasn't like we had these storms often. In a flash top lightning struck near by, sending me from laying to up and running in mere milliseconds. I was going, and not sto-

The sound of screams brings me to a sliding halt. My head lifts towards the sounds of a child crying for help, for her mother. My own motherly instincts kicked in and I tore myself from my original destination, searching desperately for the child.

"Hello?! Where are you?! I can help you!

I called out once I was where I thought I was near by the child. In my hurry I had passed another flaming tree, and worry was filling my gut. "I need to get you out of here child. Before the Forrest burns you in it!!!" My voice calls out, before I spot some brush. Would she be in there? Would she hear my words, or would they be swept into the abyss of the storm? 

I move to the brush, and lower my head to peer into the small space a foal might be.

"Hello?!" I call huskily, hoping 
I wasn't to late.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @Hera
Words;;
Notes;; Sorry this started off like poo. I think it got much better.

Credits: Image by semper
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

Alune Posts: 65
World's Edge Seer atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Nova
Alune
Do not presume that just because I am a seer,
my fury has been checked

Something had pulled Alune back to the Threshold, his thoughts sang quietly in the back of his mind that he had gone back to look for those lost in the never ending green, looking for somewhere to call home. He would go back and search.

He shone brightly in the night rains, a brilliant spectre caught in the moonlight's luminescent glow. The weeping heavens coated his impossibly dark fur with their refreshing caress, ridding his legs of the mud that splattered each time his hooves dug into the softening ground. The rain itself did not dampen his spirits, and the roc's song overhead did little to rattle his resolve. A trot broke into a steady canter, propelling his large frame ever forward in tandem with each roll of thunder, each arc of lightning in the sky reaffirming his need to find those lost in the wilderness.

Clearing a fallen log, he slowed at the sounds of a childs voice crying in the distance. No, screaming in the distance, the great stallions chest tightened and he thundered forward once more. Alune had seen no fires caused by the heavens growing fury, but he knew it was no place for a child to be stuck in weather such as this — the foal could be pulled under the current of waters forming, or face mighty oaks snapping beneath harsh treatment.

A second voice called out, a mare he fainted determined as another loud crack whipped across the sky. He used the mares voice as a beacon, homing in on the patch of forest they were in. He swerves into the clearing with a loud snort, hooves digging deep into the earth as his water soaked mane slaps against thick neck.

"My lady." His voice a stark contrast to the raging storm around them, soft as chimes in the wind but forged from the very metal of resolve and determination. Even in the most dire of situations, his politeness is not lost and he gives the mare the titles and respect she is due. "I must urge you to flee this place, it is not safe." A brief pause as crowned head shakes free more wetness from face, "I heard a little one not too long ago, is she near?" Judging from the mares place searching, he assumed they were close, starlight eyes moving to glance around for any signs himself. His desire to see the mare get to safety was great, but he would not leave a foal to perish, tail swaying and curling it moved through the brushes as if to feel for any small bodies that may be seeking sanctuary there.

"talk talk talk"

[Image: QsJIY4g.png]
"I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
 And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon."

force & violence permitted on Alune at all times
with the exception of maiming and death

Outcast
nickel

All around her the thunder continued to rumble and the lightning flashed angrily across the darkening sky scaring the poor girl half to death. Mama was missing and no matter where she looked she kept finding nothing more than more green trees and dirt and and.. scariness. Mama had always told her that she was brave and strong but right now she didn't feel very brave as she lay curled in a ball trying to hide from the world. Fiddling with the stars upon her charm she tried to bring herself together and be that girl that mama had always described her to be but it was just so hard. It was cold and scary out here all by herself she really wanted her mother to come take her home where she knew it was safe but she did not even know where home was. How was she ever going to get out of here?

Tucking her head alongside her front leg she squeezed her blue eyes shut wishing that this was just all a bad dream and that she would wake up with Mama at her side like she always did. It was a strange sound that drew the filly's attention causing her head to lift and her ears to swivel forward as she strained to see anything beyond the downpour. Mama? Was that you Mama? She wondered ever so hopeful that it would be mother come to rescue her. Footsteps drew closer before the voice became clearer piquing her interest but fear still kept her lodged up like a rodent in the hiding place. "Hello?!" Jumping as suddenly a nose appeared a little ways before her she looked out trying to see if it was really her mother come to get her but could see the woman the nose belonged to. The rainstorm had mushed all the scents into one leaving her relying on the little pieces she could make out and what she could hear. "Mama?" She called gently knowing that it just had to be her, it had to be mother! Pulling her legs from underneath her she scrambled forward trying to pull herself out of the hole she had somehow wedged herself in. Either she had gotten bigger in the few minutes she had been in here or the mud was just making it harder to crawl back out into the downpour. Splashing through the mud and water she threw herself forward in one last ditch effort only to half fall on her face as her hooves slid in the muck.

Her knees where cut and sore from where the branches had clipped her earlier but she only cared about one thing at the moment. Looking up her smile slowly faded as she stared up into the face of a stranger. Ears immediately swung to the sides of her head with uncertainty as yet another strange voice called out before the giant stallion appeared. Well maybe he wasn't actually giant but compared to her he was like a house towering well over her head. Shivering she lowered her head as she stood on splayed legs probably looking more like a deer caught in headlights than the pretty little girl she was. Her painted figure instead of two colours now bore a whole array of colours from brown, red to green to who knows what others where there. "Your not my Mama." she stated a little nervous to be standing in the presence of two complete strangers. The woman standing before her was all black with just a bit of white on her face while the tower man seemed to be some kind of blue colour. Where was she? Who where these people? Where was Mama?

•• TAGS: @Sialia , @Alune •• NOTES: ••

“Every loss, every mistake, was seared into her soul, creating a different kind of tattoo, one made from rage and abandonment, heartbreak and tears”
[Image: hera_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4d_by_moonstone_...9ggy0h.png]
Please Tag Me In All Threads

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa,
Feel lucky for what you have, when you have it. Happily ever after doesn’t mean happy forever.

It was sickening outside. The rain they had been caught in was awful. Edgar was doing his best to entangle himself beneath her short mane. He hated this weather. Mostly due to the fact it almost always frozen when it hit him. He had to keep moving, or stay sheltered if he didn’t want to temporarily freeze into place. Elsa had taken shelter beneath one of the trees in the Threshold. She wanted to fly back to the Edge, but she was already soaked. There was no need to try and maneuver through this. The Edge was not in a threatened state at the moment.

But voice suddenly broke out among the roar of water. Lightening temporarily flashed revealing figures standing about in the rain. Some of the voices seemed frantic, and one was particularly childlike. Elsa shot out from the tree then, moving as fast as she possibly could across the slick mud toward the group. A unicorn was there, one she had met before, as well as Alune. Elsa’s eyes flickered down to the child, her muddy, disastrous blue emanating motherly instinct. She took a step forward, trying to put herself between the child and the other two as she lifted her large feathered wing to try and shield the painted filly. If there was a perk to having large wings, it was that the feathers provided protection for those beneath it.

Elsa made sure to keep as much distance as possible. As much as she wanted to curl the girl up to her side and usher her to safety that could just end up badly. The filly could end up running off and getting into even more trouble. Slowly, Elsa lowered her head down, and reached her nose slowly out to the filly. Her voice was calm, and her “mom” voice kicked in. ”Do you know where your mom went? Right now you are in the land of Helovia. My name is Elsa.” She said calmly, her eyes blinking as droplets rolled down her face. Slowly she turned to the other two. ”How long have you all been out here?” Elsa couldn’t remember when the storm had started, or how long she had been waiting. This girl could easily get a sickness after the storm was passed if she was out here too long. The humidity that would come tomorrow would also be absolutely unbearable. Her face lowered back toward the filly, hoping she hadn’t run off during her brief change of attention. ”We need to get you somewhere warm.” She said softly, reaching out to blow lightly from her nose as a sign of companionship. Edgar watched carefully from her poll, making sure to stay unseen. Foals were either known for loving him, or trying to nom his face off. ”Alune, we must get her to safety.” It was a command, but held a pleading undertone. He may have just become an Edge member, but now it was out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Well, here’s to the mother who swore she’d never act like a mother again.

"talk"
image credits

[ooc;; sorry its a bit odd. <3]
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Nessie

Sialia

Before anything happens, he comes. My head snaps in his direction, wet mane clinging to my face and neck. He calls me "My lady", and warns me of the imminent danger I now faced. No shit, I know that its not safe here. He asks about the child, and my ears pin close to my head. "As kind as it is that you care for my safety, I will not leave the child here!" The words are yelled out, in a vicious whip.

My head swings again as I hear the soft voice of a child. She stands there brown, red, green, and all her natural colors. Your not my mama. My heart sinks, and I feel for the child. Where was her mother? Had she left her? Or had she possibly perished in the storm. "No, I am not your mother. But if we do not get you out of here you may not be able to find her. I can take you to a safe place, That is if you are willing to trust me. I glance over at the stallion, distrust flouring in my chest. He seemed nice enough, but living here had taught me you could not trust everyone, because no one was as they seemed. Even the kindest of souls could commit the unimaginable. 

And so, I wait. In what seems like forever, the storm raging on around us. But in reality, this interaction would only take a few moments, and one of us will be on our way, with one of us a foal in tow. But we had better hurry. Because if we stay to long we might not make it out.

But then Elsa shows her face. Why was she everywhere? I mean really, did it take more than two to save a kid? My ears flick a little backwards as she steps between us, and opening her wings to cover the child from the rain. She talks to her for a little while, before looking up at us, to ask how long we where in the rain. "I awoke in it, so I am unsure of when the rain started." I answer honestly, nodding my head to her. Maybe it would be better for the girl to go with the worlds edge... At least she had wings to cover the girl. An order is barked at the other stallion, (who has now been named for me as Alune.) and my ears flick over the stallion to hear his response. My head lowers to look at the child, a smile lifting my features. "You don't have to worry. I am Sialia, by the way."

"Speech here."
Tag;; @Alune @Hera
Words;;
Notes;;

Nova
Alune
my fury has been checked

It didn't take long for a fourth to join the gathering, and a face he knew, Elsa. The arrival of the pale pegasus mare is a welcome sight for the astral stallion, though he wished she hadn't been caught out in the storm also. How fast had it come? It swirled into being like a vengeful tempest from the heavens, unrelenting from the first moment rain had touched the ground.

Alune politely ignored the dark mares outburst, he knew it was out of concern for the child — the weather certainly didn't help the mood either. It didn't occur to him that his status at being a stallion would cause blooms of distrust and wariness in her.

Elegant head dips momentarily to acknowledge her presence and he shifts, large azure hooves shifted to free themselves of the trapping mud beneath them. He took care not to move too quickly, or too boldly, his sheer size alone proved a daunting sight to some, and the filly could have easily been one of them. Instead he stood quietly, playing the role of watcher and guard as the mares checked that the filly was okay. Mares were protective over younglings, and he knew better than to intervene without invitation, it was a smarter choice that he remained in the background until called upon.

She was a sorry sight, he noted, lost and afraid — without a mother to protect her. Blue and brown streaked with blood and mud, she needed a healer and a warm nook to rest in, and soon.

Where is her mother? He idly pondered, there wasn't much to suggest that she had been near at the time it started to rain. If there had been, it would of been washed away by the rains by now.

"We all need to get out of here, the rain doesn't look like it will be stopping any time soon." His voice was gentle, chiming against the harsh wind defiantly as he gazed at the small filly. He tried to appear as a soothing light in the darkness for her, and the other two mares, let the foal focus on him and not the terrible wind that howled around them or the lighting that split the sky above them. "Elsa is right, we need to get you somewhere warm and safe."

Alune turned on his heel, spurned into action by the command and his own desire to see the filly safe, only further driven by the unmistakable tone in Elsa's voice. Tail slithered behind him as he nudged a couple of fallen branches out of the way and the prehensile appendage held back the brush that obscured the path. He would make sure that the filly would have little trouble as possible when she moved, her legs would need to be seen by a moon doctor the moment they stepped into the Edge.

Elsa at least, could provide her with shelter until then.

A glance was spared towards the dark pelted mare, accompanied by an ear flicking to her direction. "Well met, Sialia. Do you have a herdland that you are able to get to?"

Silvery gaze moved back to the little one in question, and his neck lowered his crowned head to her level. He had experience with few foals in his lifetime, and he knew it was better to go to their level than to loom above them. "Don't be afraid, I will protect you, Elsa and Sialia until we get to safety."

"talk talk talk"

@Hera

Outcast
nickel

Glancing back and forth between the dark mare and the monster stallion the young filly wasn't too sure what to make of everything. Why couldn't Mama just come and whisk her away from all these strange people? Keeping her head lowered she tried to make sense of what was happening around her from the arrival of all these new people to the terrifying storm still crashing around them. Why exactly all the adults just standing around here anyway? Where they not scared of the lightning considering it had decided to come after her! Maybe they were all just crazy? The loud thumping within her chest echoed her thoughts loud and clear and regardless of what all these dudes wanted she wanted to leave here and get back home. Maybe Mama had gotten lost and wandered home thinking she had done the same thing? The only problem with that was she had no idea how to get home from here and walking in circles obviously hadn't gotten her all that far. It was then that another stranger came barreling onto the scene all dressed in white and with huge wings upon her back. Staring at her speculatively just as she had all the others she tried to curl her tail tighter against herself as if it would make her warmer.

Lowering her head down further as one of the large wings extended up over her head she twisted her head up to stare at it before letting her eyes shift back over to the mare who called herself Elsa. Where had she come from? Pricking her ears to catch her soft tone she was intrigued by the mention of somewhere warm for it was freezing out here in this wind and rain! Allowing the giant wing to shelter her gratefully her head turned back to the black mare who had first spoken to her with curiosity. What did she mean that they may not be able to find Mama? They had to find her! Turning her head back to the forest her eyes desperately searched for the familiar painted figure of her mother. Taking a step away from the commotion the filly squeaked as the shelter from above suddenly was not there anymore and the wind and rain pummeled her in the face causing her to take her step back to the dry spot. Well she guessed that if she didn't want to go back into that storm she was stuck here with the strangers... " But what about Mama? Can't leave her.. lone." She tried to say fumbling a bit over the larger sentence as she turned back to the white mare Elsa. The filly had never been away from her mother for this long before and she was scared.

What was she going to do? Could she go with these strangers to find Mother? Would they help her? After what the black mare said about not finding her mother she was unsure about if she wanted to trust her or not. Surely she was lying about not finding her, she had just been here! How long had she been wandering for? Everything was a mess and she didn't know what to do. What was He..loov..ia? Shaking her head in response to her earlier question she took a hesitant step closer to her body where it might be a little warmer as another chill quaked through her bones. "It'ss cold.." She said softly her teeth starting to chatter.

•• TAGS: @Sialia , @Elsa , @Alune •• NOTES:••

Elsa,
Feel lucky for what you have, when you have it. Happily ever after doesn’t mean happy forever.

It was a tense few moments as she watched the girl. Luckily though, she seemed to accept the sheltering wing, and Elsa relaxed a bit. Her tail swished from side to side, trying to rid some of the excess water from her tail. The others continued to talk. The words, however, went in one ear and out the other as her attention was solely on the child. She was so worried about her momma, and Elsa’s heart was beginning to race. If she was out here all alone… what had happened to her mother? She silently bid Edgar away to go find a mare that looked similar to the foal. The bird took off, flying as fast as he could between the trees.

Elsa lowered her head again to the foal, reaching her nose out in comfort. ”I sent my companion Edgar to go find your mother. If he can find her, he can tell me instantly, he can talk to me in my head. Kinda cool right?” She tried to feign a laugh and a smile. ”Until then, would you be willing to go with me to my home? I can protect you there why we look for your mother. We have other children there who would love to meet you in the meantime. We also have some places to get out of the rain. My wings are only so comfortable.” Her wing was helping, but all it did was keep the excess water off of her. She was still exposed to the winds and terrifying sounds that accompany storms. ”What’s your name?” She questioned ”If we find your momma I want to be able to convince her you are with us, and that you’re safe.”

Elsa turned back to the other two companions then. Neither knew how long the storm had been going on, so Elsa was left in the dark. She remembered it rolling in, but lost track of time as Edgar and herself took shelter beneath a tree. Sialia was also here, and she was a unicorn, maybe the child would be more comfortable with her. ”If you want, I’m sure miss Sialia could take you to her home to.” She looked to the mare for confirmation. ”It is your choice young one. Whomever you want to go with, they will make sure you get back safely.” She adjusted her wing a little to keep it raised about the foal. Sure it sucks for such a young one to make a decision, but only she could decide where she wanted to go.

"talk"
image credits

Nessie

Sialia

Everything is happening fast, my eyes moving worriedly from child to the adults. The bird on Elsa takes off, and she then explains that he was searching for the girls mother. I hope she finds her, and I hope she is well... and I hoped she had a damn good reason to leave her child alone in this weather. I glance to Alune, as he agrees with Elsa quickly, and as he moves debris out of the way to make it easier on the child. 

He then asks me if I have a herdland to return to, and I nod, before turning to Elsa and the child as Elsa said my name, and looked at me for conformation. I smile softly at the child, lowering my head to her level. "Of course. If you wish. My land the Aurora Basin has hot springs to warm you up, and both of our Time Menders Enna and Lena are very kind and can take care of your injuries, that is if you wish to go with me. I can send a messenger for Elsa, to find out if she has heard any news of your mother as well." I look to Elsa, a look of thanks, before looking back at the child once more. "I'm sorry you must make such a big decision, But whatever you choose I can guarantee your safety. " 

I smile, before lifting my head again to look around us. Yes, it was an ugly storm. And the poor kid got the shit end of the stick on herds. Both where far from the threshold, the closest being the Hidden Falls... But she would make do. For some reason, I had a feeling this kid was strong. Considering how calm she was despite being surrounded by strangers, in frankly a stressful place. 

"Speech here."
Tag;; @Alune @Elsa @Hera
Words;;
Notes;;

Outcast
nickel

What were all these strange people talking about? Going home? Home was where Mama was and clearly that was not with them, so why did she need to decide? Both the winged mare and the black mare talk soft and seem to try and be friendly but they cannot help bring Mama back by standing here. It was hard to think with the cold rain spraying down at her despite the generous shelter the white mare had provided. Clamping her jaw shut tightly she was at least able to muffle the sound of her own chattering teeth so that she could try and think about what she needed to do. Twitching the end of her tail she touched her muzzle gently to the jagged stars that were her only reminder of her mother, what would she want her to do? The fluttering of a small object drew her attention to Elsa as something seemed to jump away from her with a sudden flare of what appeared to be wings. Too confused with everything else to pay it much attention her eyes sank down to her feet until the mare's gentle voice spoke to her once again.

So she hadn't been imagining it...she marveled to herself as Elsa explained what that powdery puff thing had been. How could it talk to her in her head? This just didn't make sense to the girl who up until now had never heard of anything of the sorts. Really it made her think that the adults were in fact kind of crazy to be hearing voices in their minds and assuming it was the creatures of the forest, and here she thought that imaginary friends were for babies. Guess she might just have to rethink that whole idea when she could spare a minute to do so. Managing to get past the head talking thing in order to hear the rest of the conversation she glanced over when Sialia was mentioned again. If she had to chose to go with one of them she wanted to go with both of them. The more she thought of it the more impossible the problem seemed to get but if she had to break it down where did she actually stand?

A loud grumbling of her belly interrupted her thoughts as she only now remembered that she had not eaten in a few hours since Mama had disappeared. Guess that she would go hungry until Mama showed back up again... Tears welled to her eyes as reality of being alone started to set in yet again making her lip quiver. Mama, why where you not here? Bravely fighting back the feelings the filly tried to shake off some of the water from her coat only to half trip over her spindly legs in the process. It was hard enough walking and running on these long things nevermind steadying herself against this wind. Sialia was the next to speak basically saying the same things as Elsa had to say only instead of places to get warm she mentions hot springs. What was a hot spring?

Wait a minute... the white mare had asked her a question hadn't she? Shifting her eyes back to the girl again it took her a minute to remember what she had asked, ah right her name. "H..He..hera." She said shyly trying to enunciate each syllable as mother was teaching her to do so it didn't become Era like she had been calling herself for the last week or more. Alright now to decide on who to go with... In a way she still longed to go with everyone, well except for the giant man dude cause he was kinda scary looking cause he glowed all funny. Both mares seemed to trust him though so she guessed he was alright. Reaching out her muzzle hesitantly to both she paused as she looked up to Elsa, if that birdy was looking for Mama she wanted to be there when it found her. "Eddergrr (attempted pronunciation of Edgar) find Mama. I want to go with you and find her." She stated proud of her relatively long sentence. Turning her head back to Sialia again she presses her nose to hers before speaking again. "Come too?" She asked hoping to have everyone together.

•• TAGS: @Sialia , @Alune , @Elsa •• NOTES: Sorry for skipping you Alune, just wanted to speed things up a little to get her out of the threshold :) Maybe we can start a new thread for them now? ••

Nova
Alune
my fury has been checked

The weight placed on such a young soul, to make a choice in face of terrible circumstances, it was something  that made Alune's heart sink. Hera could not have been more than a month old, and here she was making the choice of whom to follow. Who would keep her safe, warm and teach her, and who would find her mother. Doubt cast it's shadow in the lunar titans mind, unsure whether he or anyone else could find her mother in the endless forest. She was an orphan by way of fate, another lost thread upon the great tapestry of life that needed to be entwined with another to bring back order.

The hadn't let up it's relentless assault, and neither had the thundering drums of heaven. The great light show wreaking havoc above them was reaching it's chorus, where the thunder roared like the greatest lion on the Savannah or the supreme tigress in her misty rain forest domain. It was time go, he decided once Hera had made her choice. He swung his bladed head to slice through the offending overgrowth,  and pushed the logs and branches clear from the path entirely , standing to the side to let the Mares and Filly foal past first.

Water poured from his locks like blessed waters, running the length of his shoulder and legs before connecting to the great bog of mug that was being ushered into existence. "I do not wish to hurry our travels." He called, voice raised to compete with the thunder. Alune shook himself free of excess rain, while he kept his gaze upon the gathered souls. "If we do not leave now, the mud will make it difficult for us to get Hera to safety."

Taking a moment once more to pay attention to the filly, he nodded when she announced she wanted them all to stay together. "We will stay together, if that is what you wish." If that would soothe her, and make her hurry all the more, then the mighty sentinel would see it done.

"talk talk talk"

@Elsa @Sialia @Hera

Elsa,

Hera… that was a pretty name. Elsa smiled at her attempt to communicate. She made it obvious she was young, but how young was she exactly? It had taken Auriel and Shida a few months to master speech, so was she still fresh to the world? That was a bit of a worry to Elsa, a pit fell into her stomach. How was she supposed to get her the sustenance she needed? Not to worry though, surely someone in the Edge had to be pregnant, or at least willing to help her out until she could learn to get “real” food down. Either that or Edgars going to have to puree grass for her, and she doesn’t think either of them will take to kindly to that. She’d have to do what she had to though, in order to survive.

When she declared she wanted to go with Elsa, there was a visible relief. Now she could be sure Hera ended up safe, and healthy. If she had gone to the Basin it would’ve killed Elsa day and night to think about her. Her plea for everyone to stay together also hit Elsa in the heart. She was so innocent. Would today be the first day she would experience chosen separation? There was a pleading look that passed over Elsa’s face as she looked to Sialia. If it helped the girl at least feel a little safer, Elsa would kindly host her in the Edge. ”You’d be more than welcome to come with us, even stay a few days if you’d like.” She added.

But Alune’s voice brought everyone to the current situation. Getting out of here would be near impossible. Although Elsa could easily freeze and ice path to get across, she seriously doubted Hera was coordinated enough to get over it without causing more damage. So Elsa reached down, carefully nudging the child’s shoulder in an attempt to give her some motivation.

Edgar, however, was bleeding into the back of her mind. She could feel his anxiety as place after place held no sign of the mother. Had Hera been abandoned? Surely a body would have existed if she tried to get Hera here. ’Keep looking. Please.’ Her internal dialogue was desperate as she pushed Edgar onward. Would Elsa need to raise her as her own? A nervousness riddled her stomach. Would she at least be a better role model to Hera than she was to her own children?

"talk"
image credits

[ooc;; Ill start a thread in the Edge in the next few days, unless one of you beats me to it and wants to start. <3]