Sorellina :: Spectacled Bear :: None Sarah
M
U
R
T
A
G
H
He was dancing, absolutely dancing, with every step that he and his Papa took to lead him toward the Veins. It was time! Well almost, some story about how there’d be some tasks ahead probably was told to him every time he got too excited. But those thoughts were dismissed easily, something to be worried about at a later date. The prospect that he was so close to finding his bear cub at last was too much for the colt to be able to focus on anything else. More than once he had to be called back to Ktulu during their journey, as he wandered too far ahead (and occasionally in the wrong direction - she was, after all, leading the way) out of excitement.

Also more than once, he dropped the little bundle of wildflowers he had wanted to bring as an offering and had to scrounge them up again. Now they were a little droopy, from the heat, and bent all over the place. For now, he was too distracted to notice.

On their way back, maybe, he would have time to look at the changing scenery and be fascinated with it but it wasn’t until they were actually in the veins that he grew shy. His excitement stemmed by awe at this world that was vastly different than the one he had been born into. His papa was careful to warn him away from the glowing blue river that he didn’t understand - it looked thicker than water, almost like hot slush running through the cracks in the dark rocks. He hadn’t been exposed to much magic yet or he would use that term to describe the whole place.

As they drew closer to the altars, Murtagh grew increasingly shy - lingering back having to actually be encouraged forward instead of being called back. He shrank into the legs of his papa, wishing for some of her courage to seep into him. He wanted this, yes, but this place was so strange.

On shaky legs, his excitement at war with curiosity and a dash of fear, Murtagh approached the Earth God’s altar and placed the ruined mouthful of wildflowers with tenderness. He made a face at the bundle, wishing they had just held it together until now, but there were no flowers around for him to replace them with. Hurriedly, he rejoined Ktulu where she stood nearby and stood as close as he could. “How will he know we’re here?” He asked quietly, not entirely sure how the whole ‘god’ thing worked.
Image Credit
table by Sevin

using a VOTG pass from my prize records for Murtagh to quest for a normal companion: spectacled bear
wishlist

@Mythical Request
@Ktulu
[Image: 5626f07281a02]
pixel by Kiara <3

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu</style>
when the sky turns gray and everything is screaming
i will reach inside just to find my heart is beating
</style>

"Murtagh! Don't get too far ahead." Ktulu called after her son as he danced ahead of her on the path that lead up to the shrines. She had made the trip up only a week or so prior to visit the Moon Goddess, but it felt like only yesterday that she'd trudged up and down the path solemnly. With all four gods back and everything seemingly calm she had finally agreed with her son that it would be a good time to make the trip so he could get the bear cub that he had been wanting. She didn't tell him, however, that there was a possibility that the gods wouldn't even appear to them because she didn't want to dash his hopes and his excitement. It was ... it was just something they would have to deal with if it happened.

"Murtagh!" She called again after him as he disappeared around a bend in the path. She snorted and shifted into a trot to catch up with him and as she did she nipped at his tail fluff. "I said don't get too far ahead." But the excitement that shone in his eyes and the wilted bouquet of flowers he clutched in his mouth made him too cute for her to stay upset with for long. "Just be careful." She sighed. "Stay in the middle of the path and don't go near the blue rocks."

When the shrines finally came into view Ktulu's averted her eyes to her son. "That shrine belongs to the Earth God." As she said it she nodded her head toward it. "You should put your flowers on that one." Because of all the Gods she thought he would be the nicest to her child even if she wasn't too keen on seeing him, herself. 

She watched as he put his bouquet on the shrine then moved back to her side and when he pressed against her she leaned her head down to touch her muzzle to his withers. "He'll know." She promised. "They always know when someone's here."

"."

Image Credits

@Mythical Request - because sarah's tag didn't work
@Murtagh

Icon by Tay

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

Don't be angry with me-

The God's voice flooded Ktulu's mind. Soft as moss, it lingered in her thoughts. Yours was not a trial I took lightly. You and Lakota were not sent off on a fools errand. You suffered so much in the name of love, as have others. Midas longed for you, long after you had moved on. Ranjiri became strong partially because she grew out of the concrete cracks of a fractured home. And Hototo .... His mental speech paused for a moment, weary with grief and emotion. All magic requires a test Ktulu, I could not simply give you and Lakota what you wanted as a gift. There had to be a trial. It was not meant to be a burden, merely an exploration of your love for one another..

His voice faded gently out of her mind, as his stoic and rustic body appeared suddenly and without pomp and circumstance, out of a crumbled pile of rock.

Kind emerald eyes fell upon the young unicorn. "Thank you for the flowers. They are beautiful. My favourite in fact." The God offered kindly, lowering his mammoth head so that he could be at eye level with the young colt. "It is nice to finally meet you. I am the God of the Earth. I know your family well."

The God's gaze rose to node briefly to Ktulu, unsure of what her reaction to his admission would be, before lowering his gaze back to her son. He gleamed that it was Murtagh who was the focus of this meeting, and not his mother. Hence why his conversation with her had been kept silent. 

God of the Earth
Image Credits

Murtagh Posts: 92
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 hh :: 2.5 years
M
U
R
T
A
G
H
“Wow!” He couldn’t help but exclaim when all of a sudden, the giant form of the God materialized out of a boulder right in front of them. He had never seen one of the gods before, but this one certainly fit every prediction he could have made about them. Far beyond tall, the stallion before them was a giant. Ktulu had said that the God would know they were there but he hadn’t been expecting it to happen quite like that!

There were so many questions that were popping up into his brain but he was distracted by the compliments on the flowers that he brought - a bright grin blossomed over his his face as he felt a rush of pride. He had picked right! How lucky was it that the flowers he had thought were the prettiest were also the God’s favourite? It was a little intimidating, being so close, but it made Murtagh feel better when the God lowered his head so he didn’t seem quite so scary.

“I’m-m Murtagh, sir.” The last word came out more of a question, lavender eyes moving to Ktulu to see if that was the appropriate term to use when addressing the God of the Earth. “I…” Well now that he was here, he wasn’t entirely sure how he was supposed to go about this. His instinct was to shrink further into Ktulu’s side, to take strength from her, but he stepped out a little bit on wobbly legs instead. He had wanted this, still wanted this, so it was up to him to ask, right? After taking a deep gulp, he finally was able to get the words out, eyes full of hope as he focused on the deity before him. “I was wondering if you could help me find my bear cub?” And then, in a quieter voice, like it was a secret between him and the god. “I think she’s lost and Papa says you might know where to look.” His eyes flicker towards Ktulu when he said 'Papa', emphasizing who he was talking about.
Image Credit
table by Sevin

using a VOTG pass from my prize records for Murtagh to quest for a normal companion: spectacled bear
wishlist

@Mythical Request
pixel by Kiara <3

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu</style>
when the sky turns gray and everything is screaming
i will reach inside just to find my heart is beating
</style>

Her ears fell slightly as she heard the Earth God's voice within her mind and a frown pulled the corners of her mouth down as she listened to him tell her not to be angry, then go on about her trials and her family. "Stop." She thought back because she was confident that if he could speak into her mind he could hear her own thoughts. She did not want to hear about Midas and how he had longed for her after she'd moved on. What about when she had longed for him to be with her in the Foothills and he kept rejecting her? If he had truly loved her and wanted to be with her then it would not have taken and act of god to move him from the Dragon's Throat, but that was an argument for another day.  "I was not angry because of what you put us through to have Murtagh. I would go through it a thousand times over." Yes, she may have been angry at first over what she perceived as the ridiculousness of it, but she had gotten over it long ago and had been through many more experiences that were far more troubling and worthy of her anger than being turned into different animals and fighting the urge to kill Lakota.

"I was angry because justice was not served after your sister murdered so many of us. I was angry because she murdered our son and she was banished. I was angry because she could come back, and has, but everyone she took from us cannot. I was angry because you didn't know it was her and you didn't protect us..." It had helped her anger for the Goddess to apologize for Hototo's death, but it still did not change what she had done. It did not help build the trust back that she had once held in the gods and she wondered from time to time if anything would build that trust back. Tears stung her eyes as the god appeared to Murtagh and it was exactly the reason she had not really wanted to see the Earth God. He reminded her too much of Hototo, too much of what she had lost and couldn't have back. "I was angry because I didn't know if I could trust you anymore. I still don't know if I can..." Was her last thought before she made herself stop.

Ktulu was glad that the God's attention was on Murtagh, it gave her time to blink the tears back that had stung her eyes. She could feel her son's eyes on her when he said 'Papa' and she looked down at him and offered an encouraging grin. "He's been looking for his bear cub for a long time." She finally spoke up and looked at the god.

"."

Image Credits

@Murtagh

Icon by Tay

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

Ktulu's mental response had an obvious effect on the God. He was deeply saddened, but could find no words to alleviate Ktulu's pain. Even were he to invade her thoughts, erase her sorrow and sadness or simply soften her physical pains, he knew she would be all the more bitter for it.

She was right, in every word she thought to him. He had failed her, their son, and Helovia. It was a burden that was his to bear, a cross for him to carry. He considered explaining more about the Goddess, her motives and her punishment, but decided against it. Clearly she was not here to banter with him.

"I am so sorry." He thought, the sincerity in his voice like a waterlily dappled by mud, before his attention was turned brightly towards Murtagh.

"Ahh, lost! Well, we certainly can't have that, can we?" The God couldn't hide the small smile the pressed his lips apart as the boy referred to Ktulu as papa, and as she answered as such. "You know what I find helps me when I've lost something? Helping others. Here-" The God reached behind one of his large feathered wings, to pull out a small compass. It was a soft silver, with etched leaves on the back. When opened, it would reveal a small golden arrrow. 

The God offered the small device to the boy with a smile. "This compass will point you to towards others who need help. I bet that if you help them, you will find your lost cub." He winked at the boy, as the compass began spinning. "Ah!" The God began, feigning surprise. "It appears it already knows where to go! Be careful not to lose it!"

Murtagh has been given:

[Enchanted Item: Magical Compass : Points towards those who need help]
[Restrictions: Requires permission]

(please post in records updates. Basically if someone agrees that he can know that their character needs help, this compass can direct him to them! After he helps 4 different individuals, tag the mythical account either in that thread, or back here.

God of the Earth
Image Credits

Murtagh Posts: 92
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 hh :: 2.5 years
M
U
R
T
A
G
H
He had been looking for his bear cub for a long time. Ever since he was old enough to understand that both of his mothers had their own and he had been born without one. Most of his first encounters had been with members of the Falls that had been closely followed by a companion. But if jealousy played a part in his desire for one it was a small one. He simply knew that his bear cub was out there - the same way that he knew that his Papa and Mammina were always there for him, watching after him.

The Earth God commanded Murtagh’s complete attention - lavender eyes staring with complete and utter rapture as that deep voice rumbled out. The God was larger than anyone he had ever seen before and though he had been intimidating a couple moments ago, that sensation was gone now. The desire to sink into Ktulu’s side and disappear evaporated at the same time that the small smile appeared on the God’s face.

Murtagh barely bared to blink when there was movement, watching - wondering for a moment whether his bear cub was hidden in those great big wings. But the item brought back was considerably smaller. The colt had no time to feel disappointed, he was too busy listening - too busy to even verbally respond to what he was being told. With incredible care, he reached out to take the offered compass, cherishing this little gift that would help him find his bear. He almost dropped it when he jumped at the God’s exclamation but luckily did not. He wouldn’t lose this, wasn’t going to let it out of his sight. Thank you! Papa! Look!” He turned to give Ktulu a good look at the compass, beaming with pride over this new gift and task he had. A quick thought popped into his head as the arrow spun and he looked back to the God, shuffling one of his hooves against the hard ground. You don’t need any help, do you?” He asked shyly, wondering if the spinning arrow was going to focus on the one in front of them. It didn’t hurt to ask, right?
Image Credit
table by Sevin

@Mythical Request
pixel by Kiara <3