the Rift

[DROP] Baby of Mine [Common NSS]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

It’s sunset.

The skies are painted in every warm shade imaginable, flaring fire-bright before the darkness of evening kills and swallows it whole. She waits beneath the colors, majestic and wise, wrinkled with age as much as species. A giant elephant, with soulful brown eyes, not meant for the cruelties of the world. A motherly creature, with flowers tucked behind her ears and a soft voice that hums out into the night. Her trunk is wrapped delicately, oh so delicately, around a medium egg that glistens like a crimson dewdrop beneath the fading sunlight. It had been lost, without a soul to care for it, abandoned. Now, she was a very old creature, but youthful in comparison to the magic in her veins. She knew the magic that was cradled inside the shell, knew what she must do. She was not capable of rearing such a child, and the laws of Helovia bid her to return it to those who could.

But it did not mean she would give it freely.

Softly she sang, her trunk swaying to and fro in light, subtle motions as she cradled and rocked the egg. The soul inside it pulsed and throbbed happily beneath her words, preening at the idea of a future full of love and companionship. “If they knew sweet little you,” she crooned, voice like a warm side at night and the gentle touch of a mother’s skin. “They’d end up loving you too.” Her eyes drifted up and into the sunlit grasslands. She knew they would arrive, they would feel the pull that guardians such as her always exuded. “What they’d give just for the right to hold you, from your head to your toes, you’re so sweet goodness knows,” she sang, and laughed softly as the egg pulsed from within in delight. Oh, she would not depart with the little one so easily, they would have to impress her indeed. “You are so precious to me, sweet as can be, baby of mine,” she crooned, and waited for them to arrive, trunk swaying softly with the egg clasped gently in the curl at the end. 

You have 72 hours to reply. This is a Common Non-Species Specific (NSS) drop! Please post your wishlists and any other NSS refusals at the bottom of your post. 

Image Credits

Badger Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Gelding :: Equine :: 15'2hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow

ALCHEMIST

Here it is again - that calling. When last I felt it, I was a newcomer to Helovia, still naiive to the ways of the world and the way that companions and horses can bond. Until recently, I always assumed they bonded in the same way that humans bonded with myself and my fellow captive kin; a mutually beneficial relationship of our labour in return for their food, our hard work and submission for their warmth and care. But, it seems, I was wrong. From what I've studied, the horse-companion relationship is so much deeper than that, so much more acute. And although I don't want many things in life, I think I want one. Companionship. An eternal friend who won't shun me for my strange ways. Something to ease my lonelyness, something I can care for and love and help.

As the sun dies on the horizon, casting me into a bloody glow, I finally arrive at the scene. There's an elephant, a gentle giant with flowers and an egg cradled in her trunk, which she's singing to. Bless her, her song is so sweet that I feel my heart melting. I just want to walk up to her and give her the world's biggest hug, then kindly offer to take that egg off her hands (trunk?) and help her take care of it. But there's no greed in my eyes as I offer her a simple smile, my tail twirling behind me as I stand a short distance away. I remember the last time, when fake deers and fake snakes were generated to test us, and I know that nothing is as it seems. This elephant might not even be an elephant - it might not even exist.

So, until told otherwise, I simply stand awkwardly. More will arrive soon, I'm sure of it. More Helovian natives will want this egg, and if the elephant decides that there's somebody better suited than me, then that's fine too. I don't wake up every day dreaming of a companion and living my life by it - it's just something that would be nice, not something I need. But you have to be in it to win it, and so I continue my vigil in front of the elephant whilst I wait for instruction as well as further wannabes to gather. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hopeful, but my heartbeat is steady and I feel no pressure on my shoulders. ""

Seeking a cerndyr with Earth Spirit.

wishlist

Previous NSS refusal

image credits

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel
She fell, she hurt, she lived.
And through all the pain of her experiences,
she still had hope.

It had been a long while since the grey mare had felt the pull of anything more than her secret love drawing her towards the stallion that would never want her. This time instead of that it was the unfamiliar yet familiar pull of a creature in need, more specifically a precious egg in need. It had been something she had tried many times to be seen as capable enough to earn such a responsibility but as most of her lifetime goals she had failed in the end. Regardless of the many times she had been put through the process over the years there was still something that drew her out each and every time just hoping that maybe today would be the day. Naturally she was used to the failure but that would never stop her from at least trying to make a difference in someone's life. Her son had grown up and taken his first steps into the real world leaving her with a hole of emptiness that needed to be filled so it was about time she put herself back out there and hoped to not get burned yet again.

The magnificent creature guarding the precious bundle was about as large as she had ever seen standing well beyond her shortened stature. Her eyes gazed over the pachyderm with curiosity before they fell to the ever so enchanting crimson egg held tenderly in the elephants grip. Watching the caring creature sing and lull the baby she couldn't help but feel slightly jealous at her privileged task. Spotting the beautiful flowers blossoming from behind one ear the mare got an idea that she hoped would paint the woman a picture showing her as the one worthy enough to show this sacred creature a home in which it would receive all the love she was capable of giving it. Selecting the best flower that she could find she tenderly plucked it from the earth and carried it towards the elephant only to lay it gingerly at her feet. "Consider it a gift for the child." She said kindly with a dip of her cranium as she retreated back a few steps to just enjoy the joyous atmosphere and wait ever so hopefully for the big decision to be made. As long as the egg went to someone who would love it unconditionally that was enough for her in the end.

"Talk."
notes; Questing for a Kitsune [Fire]. Previous Denials One, Two , Three, Four
HF Herd Member - extra entry into draw for month of October for herd champions
Wishlist
tag; None
image credits
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
rexanna
I had a dream you were two towns from me —
I felt something in the air. Something I hadn’t felt before. It was serene yet powerful and something that definitely needed a bit of exploring. I had noticed the air change during the Rift battles, but it wasn’t the same. I didn’t feel the same hostility that dripped from the air upon a breath. This was almost too kind. It was relieving and gentle and as I made my way through the meadow where I had just reconnected with Mortuus Nox, I heard a beautiful song. Such serenity, beauty, and care enveloped into every word.

I approached slowly, light blue eyes glancing around to spot a large elephant. I hadn’t seen one yet, but the beauty of the creature was something I couldn’t keep my eyes off of. I could see where Tembovu got his nickname. I watched the creature gently, happily, appearing as nonthreatening as possible. Thanking the Gods that I had cleaned up before my adventure. My bruises from the fights had healed and my body wasn’t covered in dirt and blood. The cream and golds were vibrant now, an almost near reflection of the sky that danced above. And as I grew closer, I spotted a black and white equine standing near the elephant, and yet another white equine laying a feather at the feet of the elephant and spoke to her. What the mare had said, I wasn’t sure. But as I watched the creatures before me, I almost wondered if I was in the wrong place. Was this an equine only thing? Was I allowed to be here? I questioned myself slightly regarding the horn on my head and if I should just leave. But then I saw the egg and I couldn’t just leave. The ruby coloring nestled in the trunk of the elephant was something I needed to see what happened to it. So I moved in closer, calmer, keeping my heartbeat low but amazed at the care the elephant gave to the egg.  

Making my way into the circle a bit more, I dipped my crowned head to the elephant, offering smiles to the two creatures in the circle as well. Raising my head, my golden chains fell gently across my face in a small sweeping motion. “Your voice is beautiful, Miss.” I chimed to the elephant, offering another smile of happiness. This was a strange feeling, but definitely something I could get used to. But what this feeling was I wasn’t sure what it even was about, but I wanted to know. And I was sure I’d find out soon enough.

"Talk."
— got to sleep,
spent the whole night running.
image credits

Wishlist - Seeking a Kitsune
No prior refusals.
AB Herd Member – extra name into draw from September Herd Champions.
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Mirabella Posts: 35
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Two Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily
M
I
R
A
B
E
L
L
A

The sunset was something I had not watched in a long time. Then again, when had I ever been one to sit back and take in everything around me. Maybe, just maybe I am growing up. Between my time with the equine stallion, to the fight with the Moon Goddess, and even the talk with Hotaru.... Yeah, I would say that I am growing up. I turned my horned head to look at the trinket in my mane. The amber seemed to glow with the setting sun. I still can not believe that Hotaru gave me something that means so much to her. I think it's going to be the start of something good, just like it was for her.

I'm growing into my own self. I'm no longer the soldier and corpral's daughter. Not even just the step daughter or adopted daughter of the Lady of the Basin. I still need to pick a place among the herd, instead of just being a mooch. But that will come in time.

My ears prick as I hear singing. My own dam had done that, early on. Before I tried to be so, tough. The song was soft, and sweet. The kind you would sing to a baby. I couldn't help myself. As I draw closer I see the crowd. Obviously they were drawn in by the singing. I move to stand by one that I think i've seen around the Basin. At the very least, the smell of home is on her coat. She's right, it's very beautiful. Much like my own mother's voice was. It's only then I see what she is singing to. An egg! Oh could it be? A companion egg. My heart soared! I longed to belong to another in this world. To love and be loved. I do not know much of the bond of a companion, but I have seen it. My father and Odette, Hotaru and her hound, among many others. I long for the companionship being bonded will bring. I hope I am strong enough to handle the heartbreak that will come, should this little one go home with another.

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

Wishlist
Seeks a Hellhound
No prior refusals
AB Herd Member - extra name into draw from September Herd Champions

Image Credit

I'm braver, because I fought a giant and won.
I'm stronger, because I had to be.
I'm happier, because I've learned what matters.
I stand taller, because I'm a survivor.

[Image: 53924d1345a8c]

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
Zèklè
So this was something new.

At first he thought that maybe another monster had come, and these were the fighters gathered to protect them, and his heart sank as fear filled him, for even now he could feel a residual pain in his single wing. But no, Zero, calm down, nobody was fighting, or even looked upset- it seemed to be a very peaceful gathering overall, with quiet voices and soft movements, bodies pressed around a big gray... rock? The boy wasn't sure, but now that he knows it isn't an attack, nothing could stop his curiosity from pulling him into the gathering, discovering just what could be going on.

It wasn't a huge group, so he did not need to employ his superior skill in squeezing between adults. Instead he walked around the strangers until he found an empty patch, orange eyes straining to make some sense of what it was they'd gathered around. It was big, and gray, and the boy's eyes widened as images and memories pieced themselves together into a glorious, albeit inaccurate, conclusion. Excitement bubbled in his blood, and a grin stretched across the innocuous face, lopsided and eager and bursting with life. Was this- was she?- could there really be-

"Are you a whale? On th' land?"

He thought he might be in love.

The egg meant nothing to Zero, who had never been to a companion drop, but this beautiful creature was everything to him. Boldly the colt stepped forward, closer to the glorious beast, until he could feel her hot, heavy breath. On closer inspection she didn't quite look like Pushta, given her legs and the fact that her tail appeared to be on her face (what?). But when Zero peered up into those kind brown eyes, he thought he saw the same sort of ancient wisdom, the same warmth and mystery, the same awesomeness that surrounded his sea-bound friend and had induced within the boy his initial love of all things ocean.

So maybe this wasn't a whale. It was certainly almost as good. But she was all curled up, like something was wrong. "Is something wrong? Can I help you? D'you need help? What's your name? Mine's Zero." The boy's bright voice emerged in a flurry of earnest inquiry, his sunbeam gaze eager as it remained upon the leviathan's face. Had he realized the true nature of this gathering, unease might have settled into his bones- but luckily for Zero he was powerfully oblivious to the presence of the egg, his attention wholly captured by the elephant's majesty.

baby, you're like lightning in a bottle: I can't let you go now that I got ya
Image Credits!

Wishlist | Leviathan | No prior refusals

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia

"If I go crazy then will you still,"

Now that his little girl had been born he was so ready to tell everyone. He was heading tot he Falls to do just when he came out of his daze and realized how late it was getting. It would have been very rude to show up at the borders at night. Sighing the stallion moved deeper into the field intent on finding a good resting spot. A soft humming sound, then words, and voices echoed around his ears. Curiously he moved towards the sounds silver eyes searching for the sources.

A few more steps as he turned into the wide expanse of the meadow. There they stood, five of horses, and one odd creature cradling an egg. He smiled softly as silver eyes fell upon the ones he knew and the strangers. He strode forward teal and silver wings stretched from his body in a welcoming gesture. Horned head dipped warmly towards everyone. He moved to try and stand beside the golden mare he knew; Rexanna. He smiled softly at her before turning to look at the odd creature. "Your words and voice are very mesmerizing." His heart longed to have the egg she held so tenderly, but he knew most of the others here, and he knew in his truest hearts he wouldn't deny them the forever long friendship the creature could give me. That wasn't so say he wouldn't be jealous as hell, but also happy for them. So he allowed his mind to wonder what sort of creature was growing inside the wonderful shell, and how his daughter would shine at seeing such an amazing creature.

I L I O S
"Call me Superman?"
image credit

Tags; 270
Words;  Ilios seeks a Hellhound with Acid
Wishlist
One Two
OOC;  Mentions Rex! <3
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Aelin Posts: 67
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 15 :: 2
Frostie

Aelin

Sunset. Her favourite and must hated time of day. It's when the world darkness and the beauty of the night shine but it's also when curses waken and are shone to the entire world. The girl makes her way through Thistle Meadow, not not having exited the heart of Helovia. Down there she'd me two very strange mares, yet she hoped to call at least one of them as friend. Yet the girl paused, confused by the sound that reached her ears. Was someone singing? It was a low melody, it seemed to wrap itself around her heart, calling her forwards. 

All within a minute the girl was gliding over the grass, the longer strands managing to tickle her belly or legs. Aelin ignored the sensations, eyes seeking out the one who was singing, feeling as if they were calling directly to her. Figured in the distance caught her eye, they were dark against the sinking sun but one of them stood out. A creature of massive proportions, gently swaying. The closer Aelin got the more in awe she became. The creature was beautiful and her voice! Oh that voice! Had she ever heard anything so beautiful? Landing beside the group the girl smiled up at the huge creature. "You're so beautiful miss!" An elephant, a wise old elephant who sang to her heart. The girl turned to smile at the rest in the group, recognising a few who had gathered. Yet once again she turned to the elephant, eyes travelling down to the egg that was held in the creature's trunk. She'd seen two like this before, Hades had hatched (admittedly that egg was much smaller and the egg that she and her brother Rhoa had tried to save with another group of horses. 

These eggs kept popping up all over the place. It was getting ridiculous!! 

Underneath the starry skies, 
A single dreamer walks among the dull colours.
Before her there is nothing but dark and dull colours,
Behind her is there is the true colours of dreams.
Every colour imaginable vivid with life. 

Wishlist | No prior refusals | Kitsune - Fire |
I guess jealousy's the curse that the struggle inspires.

☀ Force and magic permitted. ☀
☀ No fatal or permanent damage. ☀
☀ Please only tag in opening posts. ☀

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
No dreams within her heart,
but dreams of love.
She lingers beneath the fading light, her blue body sprawled out in the long grasses, lying contentedly next to the bubbling stream. The mare’s white eyes are cast up to the darkening sky, her body turning with the motion so she is nearly on her back. Her mother sky is going to rest, sending her a warm farewell from the horizon, beckoning the twinkling light of the stars to emerge in her velvet darkness. “Come and play with me, sisters,” Tiamat giggles easily to her sister stars, her laughter airy and bright.

Sighing happily, the ocean mare presses her face into the cool grasses, breathing in the fresh, earthy fragrance of their roots. It is only then that she notices the sound—a voice, a song. With one of her dainty ears flicking to cup the harmony, she raises her head, slender neck arching as white eyes search for the source. Her curiosity far too great and wonderful to swallow, Tiamat gathers her legs beneath her before pushing herself upwards, shaking satin skin free of any earthen debris. Exhaling from her nostrils, she presses forward after the melody.

It doesn’t take long for the tender notes to guide the blue mare to their origins. There is already a small gathering of equines huddling in a circle, but Tiamat’s attention is drawn to the large creature, the source. She is unlike anyone the ocean mare has ever seen before—neither equine in any way, nor reminiscent of her father’s sea creatures, Tiamat doesn’t know what to make of her at first. However, the glow of love and warmth that radiates from the wrinkled woman is unmistakable, and Tiamat finds herself inexplicably drawn to her.

Smiling gently, the ocean mare hums softly along, not wanting to overpower the caring voice, but unable to repress the earnest glow that suddenly swells within her. It is too beautiful for her to ignore. “Zero!” She exclaims with muted excitement, recognizing the sprightly young lad and settling at his side, offering him a friendly grin. “What is this? What’s going on—” Tiamat’s hushed words are silenced when she notices the egg.

She recognizes it, having seen Ashamin’s before Lochan had hatched, and unexpectedly the mare feels a gravity descend slowly over her heart. It is not a weight of burden or encumbrance, but of responsibility—the most beautiful, tender responsibility that could ever be bestowed upon someone. Tiamat distinguishes the significance of the egg, of this gathering, and falls into a reverential silence. Her white eyes are wide in wonder, her gaze trailing between the large creature and the egg she carries, her heart warmed with the care and comfort that radiates from the two.

notes; Wishlist Searching for a leviathan; no prior refusals.
AB Herd Member—extra name into draw from Sept. Herd Champions.

“Speech.”
image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Arya Posts: 50
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 2
Minx

Arya can hear the song, her ears prick forward. It's a lullaby.. A beautiful lullaby and she can't help but be drawn towards the sound. She saunters towards the noise and quickly sees others gathered around. There are compliments and flattery coming from every direction. It's almost disgusting how these people shower the creature with praise. She knows they only crave that egg and what lies inside. They bring gifts and fancy words in an attempt to woo the mother. The huntress will not stoop to that level.. She'll not give up such fleeting and petty words. She is far too proud to grovel at the feet of the creature, and not even her desire for companionship will let her offer false flatteries. The huntress draws closer, her attention shifting from the egg to the creature holding it. She is unlike anything she has ever seen.. Massive in size and wrinkled and grey.. Briefly Arya looks over the other faces and then stops on her sister, Mirabella. They never had truly been acquainted or close.. The other filly only a name mentioned in fleeting conversation. During her childhood she had yearned for the companionship of her sister.. Yet their paths never crossed. The immortal can't grieve for what never was.. Her life is too long to dwell upon such things. All she can do is focus upon her future and what is and what will be. 

The huntress scans the scene and offers a hint of a smile to the elephant. She cannot deny that the sentiment betwen mother and child is beautiful. For a moment she thinks of her own mother and her loving affections.. Arya realizes it has been nearly months since she last saw the northern queen but.. She still hasn't filled that void swelling inside of herself.. She hasn't quieted the raging lack of identity and the overwhelming need for something, a something she cannot grasp. Perhaps another mind, another soul can help her dig into her subconscious, can help her discover what she seeks.. If nothing else, the immortal maiden may have someone to stand beside her through the ages. For she knows that her life will be lonely. 

table & art by tamme

Refusals: 
1 2 3
Also an AB herd champion extra name draw from September 

Wishlist 
Seeking hellhound with acid ability

• tag in opening posts only 
• violence/magic is permitted. maiming/death is not without prior permission

Galiel Posts: 22
Hidden Account
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.0 :: 1
Giaerie
galiel
Late. I had to be late to the gathering that was before me. But honestly, who cared. Besides it seemed somebody had arrived not long before I started approaching them on my twitching legs. Silhouettes of the group against the setting sun told me that there was a decent amount of people here. And…no?!

Tiamat? Zero?

I hadn’t seen either of them since the battle with the monster that left me with these twitching legs. In fact, I wasn’t even sure I wanted to stop by because I felt like it would be awkward. Tia had given me some medicine back then to help with the pain from Zero’s golem’s lightning magic and granted the soreness was starting to go away and the twitching had decreased but it was still there. I actually wasn’t even sure if Zero knew that he had shocked me or not – and if he didn’t would I even tell him? Like I didn’t even realize the boy I was trying to help was Zero until after the battle already done and over with and that in itself seemed embarrassing.

Nevertheless, I found myself stumbling up to my only two acquaintances that I saw here.

“Tiamat, Zero!” I spoke with a voice half filled with excitement and half filled with anxious anticipation.  Blue eyes looked between the two as I greeted them and then to the giant thing that everybody surrounded, “Vat is zat?” I ask both of them as I stare in awe at the creature that seemed to just be standing there rocking a –

My eyes squint slightly as they settle upon what looked like some sort of stone within its long nose’s grasp. What was so precious about a rock that would make anything cradle it like some little babe…or name it Squishy…yeah still didn’t understand Zero on that one.

“Vat is et doing?” I curiously ask with my head tilting just slightly. What was going on here? Hopefully it wasn’t another battle about to ensue because that was definitely not needed on my end. Not needed at all.  
"Talk."
notes:: Seeks a Kitsune with Dreams WISHLIST no prior refusals
mentions:: @Tiamat @Zèklè
You cannot be a hero,
without being a coward.
image credits

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

They gather, as she knew they would, drawn to the pull of her magical purpose and the child’s tender soul. It does nothing to stop her, watching them with gentle eyes and quiet smile as her humming goes on uninterrupted. The child pulses with happiness, to see all these potential candidates vying for its love, a twisted sort of greed and loneliness. But the product of it all…such joy, such euphoria to find the better half of your soul. Sings as much to comfort as to quiet the crimson egg, for it wants to be bonded as much as those that gather before her. Some tentative, others bold.

The first is quiet, unassuming in his wariness. But he’ll find no violence from the gentle giant, only a desire to peer into their souls and weigh and judge them to be fit for the soul clasped within the crimson shell. A white maiden approaches, and the elephant gives a warm smile to see that not only is a flower presented, but to the child as well. Not that the value is important, as the little beastly is still within its shell, but a gift nonetheless. The first to speak to her directly is a golden lass, the first horned individual to nudge their way into her little group. “Thank you,” she murmurs, and it breathes through her humming unburdened but clear, directed towards she and the pink-laced child that echoes her.

Another child comes through, excited and thrumming with life. A soft, amused laugh escapes the mother. “Nay, child. I be but an elephant, and an elephant forever I will be. The waters of the deep have no home nor hearth for me,” and it slides off her lips in a gentle cadence as she corrects him, as motherly with her steering of his mind as she is with the continued rocking of the egg. It is almost time, she knows. Can feel them as they straggle into her little grove beneath the fading sun. Inclines her head with a smile to the dual compliments that come, and awaits them all to steady and settle before the answers the innocents seek are revealed.

Ears like pale grey wings flutter aside her face to draw their attention, not that she thinks she needs it with how rapt and full of desire they are. “This is a child,” she says softly, for she can speak in few other ways, and her trunk gently unfurls to present the crimson egg to them. A gentle beast, a calm and placid guardian of the new life. Ah, but they would not dare try her temper, now would they? For mothers were not meant to be tested. “I cannot care for it, tis not my place nor soul to be bound. I shan’t let it go with ease, tis not a mere object to be found.” Her first frown comes to light, disapproving, should any of them dare to think of the gentle pulsing creature in her trunk as such. “But I love it so, and I know it well. So why are you seeking its companionship, pray tell? Speak with heart, not head. A mother knows best, it is said,” and a gentle smile, somewhat coy, pulls at her features. They would do best not to lie to her. Although she speaks in rhymes, they are not riddles, and clear-cut answers are what she seeks.

You have 72 hours to respond. Your character must say why they want the companionship of the creature in the egg! 

Image Credits

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel
She fell, she hurt, she lived.
And through all the pain of her experiences,
she still had hope.

Getting lost in the beautiful singing and the joyous atmosphere the grey barely noticed as the many others started arriving around them. When she finally came out of her stupor her blues eyes glimpse the others standing around thankfully not paying any attention to her obliviousness. All the attention is focused on the child and its beautiful caretaker as it was so rightly deserved. Letting her eyes fall back to the joyous creature she pricked her ears forward as the elephant spoke once more.

The task she now instructs each of them to do is simple yet in its own way very difficult. How was someone supposed to express what they felt in words when there was no words for the way you felt about a child. Aeolus was her world and there was no way to describe something on that level, it was impossible. Thinking long and hard about the dilemma she found herself in she chose her words carefully knowing that it would only ever be a piece of what she felt. "There are no words to describe the bond a mother shares between her child." Pausing for a long second just to gather her thoughts she continued. "I want the opportunity to show this child the world, to be there for it when no one else can be, to comfort and cherish and to help raise it into the magnificent creature it will be. Each moment is like a gift and that's the way it feels to raise a child, I want this little one to experience the same motherly love one would show for their biological offspring. I want to be there to see it succeed and to he happy." Concluding her little speech she couldn't seem to drag her eyes from the beautiful crimson shell wondering just what kind of creature would be within. Maybe it was destined to be given to someone else to raise but she would never regret trying to do what she felt was best.

Tipping her ear towards the others as they began to speak she was curious to see what everyone else thought about what it took to be responsible for such a life. God help anyone who chose to see this as some prize or token, she would enjoy knocking some sense into those heads if any appeared within the crowd just as she felt the elephant would as well.

"Talk."
notes; Questing for a Kitsune [Fire]. Previous Denials One, Two , Three, Four
HF Herd Member - extra entry into draw for month of October for herd champions
Wishlist
tag; Random Event
image credits
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
rexanna
I had a dream you were two towns from me —
I watched the crowd grow around us, a half circle facing the elephant as her song continued to grow. Blue eyes glanced around briefly at the faces; few I knew as just a face, others I knew more intently. A bay colored mare stood beside me, her scent easily reminiscent of the Basin and I realized we were more than likely herd mates but I hadn’t met her yet. I offered her a gentle nod. My eyes then traveled to a child, asking the elephant if she was a whale. I couldn’t help but to smile at the innocence in the question before I recognized Ilios as he entered the group. He then stood on my other side after smiling to me and I returned the gesture, nodding to him gently. He stood on the side where I had placed the feather he had given me. The silver and teal plume intertwined in my dual toned mane ever so gently and vibrant against my golden pelt.

My attention was taken again by others that drew into the group, Tiamat, a gentle creature I met briefly at a lesson from Ashamin. But the faces began to blur in knowing where they were from so I turned my attention back on the gentle giant. She said thank you to me and I nodded to her, smiling. Then she explained to the child that she was an elephant. Then I heard the words “child” uttered from her lips as she showed us all the crimson egg. My laxed ears quickly perked forward in an intense curiosity that lined what could be inside that egg. I began to wonder if it was a companion like so many creatures I had seen. I remembered all the various creatures throughout this land. My heart yearned for it. It yearned for a companionship that wouldn’t leave me cold and alone to wither away by myself. Sighing lightly to myself, I questioned to myself how we were supposed to acquire such an unbelievable gift. She spoke the words that I didn’t want to hear. She wanted us to explain why we wanted it. My ear flickered back in annoyance as I pondered what I could say. But the gray mare that had gifted the elephant and the egg spoke first, saving me from being the first to explain my issue.

She spoke so sincerely and it was nearly enough to break me right there. She sounded experienced, having a child and that bond. However when I was presented the opportunity of having a child myself, it was violently taken away from me. Was that the story I wanted to tell? Was it something that I felt like this group needed to know of me? Would Ilios need to know of it? I figured then and there that if there was any time to tell, now would be the chance. Once the mare had finished, I spoke up. “I agree with her; however, I never got the chance to experience the bond between a mother and child. I had been a mother years ago, but the child wasn’t meant for this world.” I paused, voice slightly quavering in my attempt at speaking of my past. “if I know one thing, I know that the love of a mother cannot be broken regardless of how long you’ve spent with it. I didn’t get much time to spend with mine, but I still love him with all of my heart. I would like to show this child the unconditional love that my own child never got to have.” I lowered my head briefly, ears flickering with uncertainty as I took a step back from the group. I wanted this child because he needed me. I wanted this child because I needed him. And I needed something I could be entirely and ultimately devoted to that would return the favor to me.

"Talk."
— got to sleep,
spent the whole night running.
image credits

Wishlist - Seeking a Kitsune [electric]
No prior refusals.
AB Herd Member – extra name into draw from September Herd Champions.
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia

"If I go crazy then will you still,"

He smiled softly at the beautiful mare beside him. Silver eyes traveled to the teal and silver feather tied in her golden mane. His smile grew brightly as he gently tried to brush his muzzle against her shoulder. There wasn't a need to speak, she knew he was there for her, and he knew the same of her. The stallion grinned before turning back to look at the elephant, now that he knew what she was. The young father dipped his head warmly towards her still smiling.

All the time she spoke and looked at everyone the motherly figure was gently rocking the tiny egg she held in her trunk. Horned head cocked slightly as her massive grey ears flapped curiosity burning in his mind. He wondered briefly how such a creature had arrived in Helovia. She was odd to say the least, but beautiful in the way she cared for the egg. Silver eyes watched her closely as she spoke, his ears flickered up to catch every word she had to offer. The male had never seen a crimson companion egg, and he wondered what marvels it held.

Short maned head bobbed in agreement that the tiny creature was not an object. His gaze softened considerably as he thought of his own newborn child. Children were the most important thing in the world. They were the future, even if they were companions, he looked at her solemnly. As he thought of an answer to her question the sweet voice of his friend caught his attention. He watched her closely his heart breaking for her. Tears filled his bright eyes and he tried to step closer offering a wing to touch her soft side. He only wanted to be there for her, even though he knew in his heart that he could not take her pain way. Fear prickled his heart as he thought of his amazing silver and gold daughter.

After she spoke the stallion knew exactly what he had to say. "Miss, I've always felt so alone. My family was broken soon after I was born. I have made my mistakes, I admit that. I've learned how to care for others as well as myself." He took a deep breath bracing himself for the next words one eyes shifting to Rexanna, watching her from the corn of his eye. She ahd shared so much of herself, even if it wasn't just to him, he knew how much that must of cost her. He had to meet her words the best he could; share a part of himself he hadn't told anyone but his father. "I now have a child of my own, and I... I'm going to need support and love. I know that's probably not the answer you want to hear, but it's the truth Miss." The smile flickered sadly as he watched the Elephant. He looked at Rexanna unable to keep his eyes to himself, hoping she would not judge him to harshly. His wing was still extended trying to touch her side.

I L I O S
"Call me Superman?"
image credit

Tags; 507
Words;  Ilios seeks a Hellhound with Acid
Wishlist
One Two
OOC;  Mentions Rex again! xD
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Arya Posts: 50
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 2
Minx

Arya is quiet listening to the elphant speak. Truly the affection the creature holds towards the tiny egg, even as the elphant explains her inability to bond. The huntress is quiet, pondering the words that are being spoken by others around as they speak of motherly love... She is not a mother.. She isn't a particularly maternal individual either. Arya of course loves as deeply as any could, but, she knows in her heart this egg would not be her child but her friend, her equal. Of course, she knows it'd be dependent on her for a time.. Déodat had always explained that rather well to her when she was young. Companions are beings of their own, living breathing things that deserve respect..

Both of the mares that speak before her are clearly her seniors. The huntress doesn't seek someone to view as an offspring.. So she waits her turn, she waits for the silence to hang in the air before she starts saying her own piece. "I'm not a mother.. I cannot fathom the depth of this love, for I have only ever been on the receiving end." Her tone is even and she flicks her tail. "I have seen the beauty of the bond in both my parents.. I've seen the intimacy shared between a bonded pair and I want to understand it.. I want to have that sense of companionship.. I want someone to share this immortal life with me. I want someone who can comprehend my thoughts and my entire being.. I want someone ot be my friend, confidant so I can be the same for them." She closes her eyes and gives out a long sigh. "I want someone to share my life with."
table & art by tamme

Refusals: 
1 2 3
Also an AB herd champion extra name draw from September 

Wishlist 
Seeking hellhound with acid ability

• tag in opening posts only 
• violence/magic is permitted. maiming/death is not without prior permission

Badger Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Gelding :: Equine :: 15'2hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow

ALCHEMIST

I'm unsurprised when others arrive, but I won't lie - I'm disappointed. I'd lost out last time against just two other horses, what chance do I have against this amount? A small hint of jealousy coils in my gut - an emotion I'm not used to. All these other horses can have children and families of their own, and they do not need companions for friendship when they can so easily create a new life. I don't have that option. So when the elephant speaks and asks us all to tell her why we deserve the egg, I'm quiet for a moment to listen to the others before I decide what to say myself.

I can't help but feel disdain for the three that speak first, even though they are undoubtedly good people. They all mention being parents, which begs the question why do they need the egg? They can have children whenever they want, and lovers. I can have none of those things. They do not know true loneliness. I'm unused to these emotions, unused to how scenarios like this bring out a competitive and bitter side in me. I am empathy incarnate, a healer, never one to judge. Yet here I am, scorning the others and their attempt to win the egg. I hate what I'm thinking, and I hate myself for thinking it. It seems that actually wanting something brings out a side of me that I don't like.

The fourth is younger, and mentions immortality. I look at her curiously, and remember what Ampere said about companions dying when their bondeds did. This girl being immortal would ensure the egg would never have to die or suffer the pain of losing its partner, which makes the filly an ideal candidate in my eyes. But that doesn't mean I'm going to back down without trying to get the egg myself. All of these others, young and old, will one day have foals that will take their love and attention. I never will. This companion would be the closest thing I have to a child for the rest of my life, and would never have to share my heart.

I look shyly at the elephant. "I, uh, will never have children. I've never had any, either, so I have little experience with caring for small, helpless creatures." Although I did carry them around on my back for most of my life! "But I know I would care for the egg...not like a parent, because I don't know what that's like, but as a friend, a protector, a companion. We can never truly play mother to a different species, but we can love them like they're our own. We can care for them unconditionally, and build a true relationship with them. I know I would." I shift nervously, afraid my spiel is inferior to the others, with their advantage of having offspring.

image credits

Galiel Posts: 22
Hidden Account
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.0 :: 1
Giaerie
hold fast to dreams,
for if dreams die,
life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go,
life is a barren field —
frozen with snow.
Ears stand on alert as I listen to everything that the elephant lady says to everybody and blue eyes look to everybody as they all just kept staring at her – watching her do nothing more than rocking a stone within the clutches of her huge nose. What exactly was going on here?

Within minutes of my attention diverting to those surrounding me, the elephant lady flaps her wing like ears and then softly says words that make me stop dead.

‘This is a child.’

A child?! But how exactly could a child fit into such a tiny stone? Or was it even a stone? Was I wrong this whole time? Was this the reason why everybody had gathered here and surrounded the elephant lady? But what was Zero supposed to do with a child? Eyes caught hold of a couple others about my age and I wondered what could any one of them do with a child?

‘So why are you seeking its companionship, pray tell? Speak with heart, not head.’

Companionship? My ears tilt to and fro as I listen to what others say in reply to the elephant lady’s request. One lady says how she would treat it as a gift. Another lady mentioned something about not having a chance to be a mother. One of the people about my age speak about being lonely. A girl about my age says she wants to understand the bond between a companion and their bonded. And then another guy speaks about how he can’t have kids. What would I say? What would my heart say if it could talk?

Nervously, I bite my lip as I look to the elephant lady and take a small step forward, “To be honest ma’am, I am new to zis land – zis vorld,” I pause for a few seconds, “And zough I do not have a home yet, I have made sum new friends,” My eyes flit over to Tia and Zero. Friends. Yes, that’s definitely what they were. Then my facial features grew somber as I pushed myself further, “I have lost a lot,” Tears welled up within my eyes but I refused to let them fall and continued almost at a whisper, “I…I have no more Muzzer. No more Fazzer. No more Bruzzer,” I look towards the ground. It seemed almost as if I was trying to hide my face from everybody but I was really just trying to grasp the reality that I didn’t want to accept – didn’t want to think about – before continuing, “And I am yet a child myself. I vould not know ze first zing about caring for a child.”

I ache. I ache on the inside. Why? Why did I feel this way? I knew that everybody was dead, so why does admitting it out loud any different? It shouldn’t be any different, right?

“But even zough I vould razzer not burden anuzzer vith my sadness, it vould be nice to have sumone to learn and grow up vith. If zat is vat you are offering, I vould be very zankful for ze chance to make a life better. Vether it be mine, anuzzer’s, or zis child’s.”

I don’t even look up at the elephant lady once I’m done with my spiel. She didn’t need to see me on the verge of tears any longer. Nobody needed to. I just needed to move on with my life. I needed to put the past behind me and start fresh. I needed to begin this new life I had been given, and it was time to start taking that road. No matter how bumpy it may be.

"Talk."
notes:: mentions Tiamat and Zero!

Seeks a Kitsune with Dreams ability WISHLIST no prior refusals
image credits

Please tag me in ALL posts!
Use of magic and force on Gali is permitted so long as there is no permanent serious injury or death.

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
Zèklè
The elephant (it was called an elephant!) spoke to him, her voice as gentle and kind as the whale's was noble and wise, and the boy's heart melted. He could imagine that voice singing him songs, telling him stories about the things she'd seen and adventures she'd had. He felt himself relaxing, a goofy and eager smile bright upon his face, and had it not been for the arrival of his friends he may have settled onto the ground beside her, begging her for knowledge, soaking up her words, being content.

But contentedness was not in the cards for today. Zero smiled at the arrival of his friends, shuffling back reluctantly as more and more strangers arrived. "'S an elephant," he answered Galiel breathlessly, sunbeam eyes glowing with the desire to share this amazing discovery. Was she as awed as he was? A thought - Iso would be - flashed through his mind, and for a moment he desperately wished his friend was there to share the discovery. Did she already know about elephants? He would have to tell her all about this as soon as he could. The thought of that conversation made his smile even broader.

Of course, just when everything seemed perfect, it all fell apart.

Bond.

A cloud of confusion passed in front of the sunbeam eyes, and Zero's smile faltered. Child? Bond? Was this...? oh, no. The heat that had been excitement turned stale in his chest, a fist of dread rising at the base of his throat- oh, no! This was a bonding! He'd heard of these things, when people huddled around to try and get companions, heard them as curses from his mother's lips. A million questions ran through his head, like: why did the companion have to bond? Why did they all want it so bad? Why did the elephant even have the egg? And, the scariest one- what would Ma say if she saw him now? What would she want him to do?

He swallowed. He had a hard choice to make.

Because on the one hand, nobody here seemed bad. Shoot, Tia and Gal were his friends! They all talked about how they wanted to raise it, and love it, and was that really so bad? But then again, why? Why did they have to be bound - to enslave it, as Ampere was so often heard to say - to help it grow up? It was all so confusing, but he knew he had to try and express what it was. In a moment of silence the boy swallowed, struggling to find his voice, to make logical words out of illogical thoughts. "Lady Elephant?" he ventured, his voice small and hopeful, earnest and sincere. "How come it's gots to be a 'panion? How come we can't just help it grow up an' let it choose what it wants to be an' who it wants to love an' stuff? If you can' raise it I guess it needs help, an' I wanna be it's friend, but I don't wanna take away it's free will" - another phrase from Ampere's lips - "t'do it."

baby, you're like lightning in a bottle: I can't let you go now that I got ya
Image Credits!

Wishlist | Leviathan | No prior refusals

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
No dreams within her heart,
but dreams of love.
The mare’s tulip-shaped ears flick to the side when she hears her name, the call managing to tear her attention momentarily away from the enchanting creature (an elephant! She has learned) and her egg. Having already recognized the uniquely accented voice, it comes as no surprise to see Galiel prancing to her side, but that doesn’t mean that Tiamat is any less excited to see the little one. She offers her young friend a bright smile, her features haloed by the dim light of dusk. “Galiel! Hello, my dear,” she welcomes the winged filly with hushed delight, trying her best to restrain the enthusiasm that hums eagerly beneath her skin.

Movement from the elephant’s large ears brings Tiamat’s eyes back to her, widening with awed wonder when her voice—as lovely, soft, and tender as her song—explains what exactly this is. A hopeful assembly, a happy gathering for the Little One, the precious egg. The blue mare’s heart swells within her breast, warming her from the inside out, so enraptured by the very reverence of this meeting, that she fears she might be glowing herself!

Overwhelmed for a moment by this joyous veneration, Tiamat does not speak at first, listening instead to what some of the others have to say. A few of them mention a parental love that they have given, or have wanted to give, while others seek after the companionship that this egg would bring, a union not only of friendship—but of life and soul. Could there ever be a more beautiful bond?! The ocean mare already feels herself surging with emotion, that when Galiel speaks up and mentions her grievous loss, Tiamat cannot hold back the tear that wets her cheek. Whickering gently, she reaches out to the filly, pressing her lips to the top of her neck and nuzzling softly.

Galiel is not alone—even if the companionship of this egg is not granted to her, she is not alone. Tiamat will not allow that to happen. The blue mare cannot distinguish why it is the little filly’s plight that grips her so fiercely—perhaps it is their relationship with one another—but nearly every one of these individuals seems to have not escaped life unscathed. Tiamat’s heart leaps for them all, wishing only to comfort and heal. After all, it isn’t only injuries of the body that her healer’s heart seeks to rectify.

Sighing a heavy breath to steady herself once more, the ocean mare glances around the circle. By now a majority of them have already spoken. She looks again to the elephant, feeling a wave of calmness and love settle over her with the wrinkled matriarch’s gaze. Tiamat doesn’t know what she’s going to say yet…but she does what the elephant has asked, and follows her heart. “I don’t think I would be a better guardian than anyone here, nor do I suppose myself more deserving than them,” white eyes circle the gathering, offering them a smile. She declares the truth—each of them seems to have spoken from the heart, and each of them has shown nothing but caring devotion, which is what every child deserves.

“I have yet to be a mother,” Tiamat continues, pressing velvet lips together and exhaling from her nose, “but I have felt the precious love and companionship of family, of friends,” she looks fondly between Zero and Galiel, ever grateful for their friendship, “and I would not squander even a moment of the love that this child deserves—that any child deserves—and share with it both the magnificence and goodness of this beautiful world.” Her grin brightens across her lips, too captivated by this moment—this miracle—to try and hide her rapture. “Innocent eyes needn’t be tainted, after all,” the last is hardly a breath, more for herself than anyone else. The purity of a child is far too rare, too fleeting…she only wishes it could stay with them all.

notes; Wishlist Searching for a leviathan; no prior refusals.
AB Herd Member—extra name into draw from Sept. Herd Champions.

“Speech.”
image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.