I
R
A
B
E
L
L
A

Among the crowd gathering, appears a figure I have not seen in a long time. My sister... Well, half sister but my sister none the less. I turn and stare at her, unsure if I should go over to her or if I should let her come to me. We had never been close. Probably never would be. It's as the singing creature begins to speak that my gaze turns from my sister back to her. She simply says thank you to the compliment the other mare and I had given her. The way she reacts to the young one who had asked her a question brought a slight smile to my face. Then, the elephant speaks to us all. She asks us to each tell her why we wanted the bond and companionship of the baby inside the egg.

I listen and remain quiet as the others all around me begin to speak. There are those who are mothers, who already know well the bond between mother and child. Then there are those like me, who have been the children in the bond.... Though I can't really call what my own dam and I had a bond. When I was a few months old maybe. But the older I got the less the bond was. I don't think Mom ever knew how to be a good Mom... She tried, and my own personality had gotten in the way. Finally it's quiet, and my turn to speak. I only know the bond from the child's point of veiw, and at that it was only for a short time. I pause, afraid that my voice might catch. I was one of a few, who's parent had been murdered by the Moon Bitch. I did not understand then, just how important that bond is. Not until it was taken away from me. I long to show another, who has lost thier mother, the love and care that that bond brings. I had spoken from the heart, which was a first from me.

Guess I really am growning up huh?

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

Wishlist
Seeks a Hellhound
No prior refusals
AB Herd Member - extra name into draw from September Herd Champions

Image Credit

I'm braver, because I fought a giant and won.
I'm stronger, because I had to be.
I'm happier, because I've learned what matters.
I stand taller, because I'm a survivor.

[Image: 53924d1345a8c]

Aelin Posts: 67
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 15 :: 2
Frostie

Aelin

Allowing the others to speak first, the sand filly instead listened. They all spoke in turns, so many different answers. Yet some of them seemed to be a little more knowledgeable about bonded creatures, making her feel insecure and small compared to them.

She hated feeling small. 

The question had caused the girl to fold her brow in confusion. Why was she seeking it's companionship? Well Aelin hadn't been, in fact she'd been searching for her brother, her twin. It was his companionship that she'd been so desperate to find. Not this elephant or egg...yet fate had brought her here all the same, perhaps within the egg was her future companion. Her bonded creature. "My brother and I are twins - bounded by energy than not even we understand." Pausing her dual coloured eyes flickered to those gathered with a curious nature feeling her actions and voice. "But he is bonded." A wide smile, she thought about her jealously towards Hades and how she didn't understand their connection. Now she was older - understood things a little more. There was something different between her connection with Hawke and his companionship with Hades. Something she probably would completely understand until she was bonded herself. 

Sighing sadly as her mood suddenly plummeted, her worry and concerns about Hawke overrunning her mind for a second. It was a moment later until the girl spoke again. "I don't know why I'd be seeking the creature's companionship." Honestly flowed from the girl, staining her eyes and her words. "I could say to understand and have whatever else currently bonded beings have." Perhaps she wouldn't get the egg because she was too young. She didn't understand, didn't realise what having a companion was all about. "But I don't know what that bond would be like and I won't until I am bonded." Aelin looked at the elephant now, wondering if she understood. "Will I seek friendship or protection? Someone to listen or someone to speak? Someone who challenges me, wants to better me or someone who wants to please me, agreeing with everything I say?" Stretching her wings out and gesturing towards the cradled egg with them she said, "I don't know." Perhaps she would be sent away, only dooming herself with these honest outspoken thoughts. "All I do know is that being bonded seems both amazing and like a whole lot of hard work." The girl was finished, she'd said her part and felt as if she had nothing else to add. 

"We all need love." It spilled from her lips before she'd even realised the words was coming. 

Underneath the starry skies, 
A single dreamer walks among the dull colours.
Before her there is nothing but dark and dull colours,
Behind her is there is the true colours of dreams.
Every colour imaginable vivid with life.

Wishlist | No prior refusals | Kitsune - Fire |
I guess jealousy's the curse that the struggle inspires.

☀ Force and magic permitted. ☀
☀ No fatal or permanent damage. ☀
☀ Please only tag in opening posts. ☀

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

She is an attentive listener, the elephant, and keeps quiet eye contact with each speaker. The beast is surprised that so many hold parental tendencies in a bond meant for equality, but awaits her turn to shed light and wisdom down upon them as a mother should. When they quiet, so diverse in their desires and their reasons, she clears her throat softly and blinks down at them from her towering height. First she looks to Brisa and Rexanna, the two with tragic pasts and children haunting their steps – though the term was used in contrasting ways, between them. “A child it may be, but n’er forget that a bond is meant for equality.” They could mother it in its infancy, but she hoped they’d take her words to heart regardless of who she chose. Who the egg chose.

Then to Ilios, whom she appraises with the knowledge only a magical creature such as she can know. “You’ve family and friends in spades, my child, look to them to find your aid.” Ah, but children were capable of being sullen and stubborn. He could take her advice as he wished. And Arya, whose plight she could understand in her own age. “You are young yet, do not fret. You’ve time to find a soul that is meant for your mind.” Even in her immortality she was young, and had plenty of chances ahead of her to find the perfect match for herself that she so sought.

To Badger she offered a smile, happy to see the beginnings of a good bonded in him. But others, like young Galiel, did not even know what bonding entailed. “You will learn in time,” she assured him, for Helovia was too ripe with magic for him to not figure out the ways that dictated her own actions. Ah, but curiosity was something prevalent in youth, and she turned a critical but fond eye to the one-winged youth.

“Who says it is not choosing now?” She lifted the egg gently as if to display it. “You cannot hear it sing, but an elephant knows everything. It has freedom to choose which of you it will be bonded to, you see. I hear it, and it wants to be bonded. When you are lonely you seek your family, and it is lonely too. It knows in heart of hearts if it will go with you.” The egg pulsed happily in her trunk, ready and willing to be promised and vowed to one of the souls before the grand elephant. She beamed down at Tiamat, resuming the rocking motions, pleased to hear all these good answers.

Ah, but she had to choose one of them. The egg was warm and ready in her trunk, and though it could form no words it directed her to choose the one it wanted so badly to be one with.

To Brisa she turned and gently uncurled her trunk. Reluctant, for how she loved the child, but knowing that the gentle mother would be a perfect match for the little life inside. “It has chosen you,” she said warmly, trunk uncurling and leaving the egg safely deposited between the pale mare’s hooves. Her trunk swayed to gesture to all that had gathered, eyes warm knowing they would feel the loss keenly at first. “Hold hope tonight, you will find your soul’s bond in time.” And awaited their departure, wanting to see Brisa’s reaction and ensure they were all safe and sound before she took her leave. To other realms and calls she would have to answer.

Congratulations to Brisa! You’ve won a Common Kitsune! Please post in updates with the name and ability when you’ve decided. It can hatch at any time you choose. 

All others may use this drop as a refusal for next time. 

List, Winner

Image Credits

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel
She fell, she hurt, she lived.
And through all the pain of her experiences,
she still had hope.

Watching the little bundle get rocked back and forth she couldn't help but feel a tang of jealously as she thought about how much she wanted to be the chosen guardian for such a creature. For so long she had tried time and time again only to fall short of the goal. She had questioned her abilities many times over again trying to find a suitable reason that she would be denied on so many occasions. Was it that she was a horrible mother? She had lost Levex to the great unknown tragically so did that throw up a huge red flag to say she was not worthy? Before letting her emotions begin to get the better of her she checked herself thinking back to what Kaj had told her. For some unknowing reason he had faith in her abilities and regardless on the situation he would help her to stand on her own four feet. That was what she needed to do right now before she extinguished all hope. Closing her eyes for a short second she took a calming breath and looked up towards the beautiful egg once more. She could do this, if she was chosen to.

As she allowed the many voices to fade back in she listened as the elephant spoke with such kindness to each and everyone who had come out. Naturally many would walk away empty handed but for one lucky individual they would have a lifetime of happiness. As the final deliberation came she found the exquisite orb being handed down to her. Staring at it in a moment of complete shock she lowered her muzzle to gently touch the warm shell as if to make she she was not dreaming. Inside the creature pulsed in response to her touch making her heart soar high above the clouds, this was really happening! A single tear of joy trickled down from her eye as she turned her head back to the elephant with a smile and eyes misty from the wave of emotion hitting her. She had not felt this way since the day her sons had entered this world two years ago and then again when Kaj had confessed his love. "I can never thank you enough for entrusting this beautiful soul to me. It will be well taken care of and shall grow up knowing the beautiful elephant that so kindly helped him or her on its way. Thank you." She replied gratefully from the deepest chamber of her heart.

What would this little guy grow up to be she wondered silently to herself completely mesmerized by the egg's beauty. Whatever it was all she knew was that she would love it like her own flesh and blood and never let anything happen to it. This whole experience was beyond words and she would be forever in debt to the elephant for bestowing such a treasure into her life.

"Talk."
notes;
tag; Random Event
image credits
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo