the Rift

[PRIVATE] I share my Secrets with you...

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
Mortuus Nox
Your fears have just become all too real, for the Devil at the cross road wants to make a Deal

"Perfect, we will be there in just a few more minutes, but I can not show you until the sun has hidden its self completely from us. " The Latin twisted words flew from his mouth as he looked back to her. The warmth of the tall sun warmed the ground under them and he stepped foot onto the sand. They were finally at the Endless Blue. They had just left the field after their long talk and he could not wait to show her what he had in store. His soft hooves walked on the sand leaving hoof print behind him. 

He knew she loved the ocean and the water, but he could not wait till she laid eyes on this amazing event. He hoped she already did not know about it. He just discovered this event for himself, but he was not in the water too much. His hooves flicked up sand as he nuzzled her soft blue neck and picked up a rolling canter across the beach. He kept watch to make sure Tiamat was going to follow behind him. He felt joyful and and excited for once in his life. His stomach floated with butterflies as he carried his bulky black body with grace across the beach. Thoughts of previous talk in the field swept away as he catered with grace. The warm salt air flowed through the thick tresses of his mane. The light of the moon glowed along the waves and the beach. It laid a silver path for the two unicorns to follow to his secrete spot.

The sound of the waves lapping over the shore went into rhythm with his canter, and his breath echoed in his heavily crowned skull. Then his rhythm went to a halt as they came to a small rocky formation dipping into the water. He looked behind him waiting for Tiamat to catch up. Then he spoke softly "Well now that the moon lights our path, I want to show you this special even that I found. It will be just over these rocks. I found this place when I first came to Helovia, and it was my get away spot. I found it wondering through the beach, and when you see this hopefully it will take your breath away like it did mine. You have become very special to me, and I want to share something very special to me with you." He smiled to the mare and started walking up the rock formation. It was steep, but beauty is always sheltered. Only the ones willing to take the extra effort will be rewarded with its presence. "Now I know it is not easy to get to, but bare with me. I wont let anything happen to you.""  He reassured the blue mare as he got to the top of the rocks and started back down the other side. He let his rear end tuck under him as he slid down onto a soft sand.

The sand on this beach was different is glistened under the moon and sparkled with the silver light. He couldn't explain why, but it was Helovia anything can happen here. The water in front of him lapped over the soft sparkling sand as he looked back to the blue mare. He could not hold the excitement in, yes the beach is beautiful but he did not bring her here for the sparkling sand. What he wanted to show her was hiding in the water.

@Tiamat
"Talking here""
Image Credits!
[/font][/size][/color]

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
From darkness I understand the night;
dreams flow, a star shines
Ah!
     I desire Evenstar.
Their journey soon becomes farther than the ocean mare had expected it to be, but she doesn’t complain. At the stallion’s side she follows, the miles passing beneath their hooves in time that seems to fly by, so great is Nox’s company. She enjoys herself, even more so delighted now that she knows him better—his dark secrets, his haunting mistakes, and his harrowing remorse—and feels closer to him for it. He has not proved her wrong. Tiamat knew the goodness that lay within his heart, as calloused as it might be from the unforgiving world, but it is still there.

And that’s what matters.

Breathing a contented sigh from her nostrils, she raises her pretty head, fluted ears leaning forward when murmurs of her father’s waves begin to whisper on the cool breeze. The blue mare had no idea where Nox was leading her, and she had long since given up on trying to ask it of him. She would allow him his surprise, her excitement all the more enthusiastic as it bubbles beneath satin skin. Now, when long grasses slowly give way to soft sands, she feels her heart beat faster in her chest. It is no wonder why she adores the ocean as she does, and her eagerness to leap into the frothy waters pushes her forward, readily following the stallion when he quickens their pace.

For all her love of the Basin, there is only one thing that Tiamat would change—if there were any way to bring the ocean to the mountains, she would. She misses her father, and tries to see him whenever she can, but it is hardly enough. Still, she cannot allow herself to be so selfish or wallow in self-pity, and so she feels fortunate to at least have her brother lake to connect her to him in her home.

Tossing her head into the air with a buoyant laugh, the blue mare sweeps towards the waves, water splashing up around her when she canters through their foamy fingers. This, if nothing else, has brought her joy—she can’t imagine what else the stallion has in store for her. She slows as he does, trotting a few bouncy strides before coming to a halt. White eyes sparkle beneath her sister stars, glancing to her friend with an eager curiosity.

“Oh,” she breathes a gasp at his words, so kind and generous are they that she feels her heart warm every inch of her. Thank you, Nox; you are very special to me as well,” her smile softens fondly as she leans closer to him, reaching out to brush his cheek and stroke his forelock from his gray eyes. “You are too kind to be sharing this with me, I feel honored to have the opportunity,” there is an earnest sincerity to her voice, truly privileged that he feels comfortable enough to open up and share with her the deep, vulnerable parts of himself.

Shifting her attention to the rocky rise that he has led her to, Tiamat follows when he climbs, her cloven hooves finding purchase with little difficulty. Nox assures her of her safety, that he will not allow harm befall her, and she casts him a doting grin, speaking gently, “I know.” Her leonine tail arcs and sways to aid in balance, brushing the stony ground when they slip down the other side. Only as soft sands give way beneath her again does the ocean mare glance around, her white eyes widening and her lips parting in wonder. “Oh my goodness,” it is barely a breath, so delighted is she by the glittering sands, lit by the moon like earthen stars. “Nox! It’s beautiful! She looks to him in elation, her smile widening.

“Speech.”
@Mortuus Nox | image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Dressy
Mortuus Nox
Your fears have just become all too real, for the Devil at the cross road wants to make a Deal

Just before they climbed over the rocks she spoke to him again. Her voice soft and sweet, then she sent a warm chill down his spine. His gray eyes watched the ocean mare reach out and brush against his cheek. Her warm breath traveled across his black hide and to his heart. She then reached over moving the heavy tresses of his forelock out of his pale gray eyes. He savored in the moment, loving every second. Just as she pulled her muzzle away from him he softly rubbed his ebony muzzle across her cheek, then over her velvet blue one. He smiled softly climbing up the rocks.

As he listened to her speak about how beautiful everything was, he just couldn't help but smile. Everything felt so right with her, and he had never felt like this in his life. Was he falling in love? He never really knew what this so called love thing was, but if it felt like this he would never want it to end. He smiled as her own pale eyes danced across the silver sparkling beach. It made him happy to bring her such joy. "Well I am so happy you love it so far, and there is much more to this place than just a sparkling beach my love. What I want to show you is in the water."" He looked down to the waves lapping over the shinning sand. They filled with silver sparkles, and glistened with every movement of the water. There was a real surprise hidden in this secrete beach. It was no longer just his though it was theirs. He wanted to make sure this was now her get away spot, just as much as it was his. "Well this will be our secrete beach. You can visit here as much as you like, with or with out me. Come here when ever you please, i found it to be more extravagant under a full moon though. "" His eyes looked to the clear night sky. It reminded him of his talk with Ashamin when he first entered the Basin. His gray eyes sparkled as he looked back to Tiamat. They had never looked like this before, there was something about them that sparked with life.

"Well I am guessing you would like to see what is in the water.."" he trailed off walking closer to the lapping waves. He let his cracked hooves start to creep into the sparkling waves. As he slowly entered the water the magic of Helovia took over the show. The water started to light up in rainbow colors, and little organism glowed with vivid hues. As he walked deeper the color spread out around him traveling where ever the ripples were going. Magenta, blue, lime green, lavender, yellow, orange, and red glowed around the black stallion and sparkled over the silver sand. When he got chest deep he turned around to look back at her. He watched the colors mix and stir around as the glowing jellyfish brought the water to life. He could not wait for her reaction over this. He watched her expressive face and eyes to see how they would look. The glowing jellyfish swam around the stallion lighting up his features with rainbow like hues. These were truly amazing little creatures, he was not sure why they did this but it was a sight you would have to see. His coat sparkled with the flecks of silver sand and some little jelly fish that clung to his pelt. "Come into the water, they do not sting nor hurt you. They are just little organisms of glowing jelly." He chuckled flicking some of the rainbow glowing water at her. His gray eyes still held that unusual twinkle of happiness.
@Tiamat
"Talking here""
Image Credits!
[/font]

Ah!
     I desire Evenstar.
The mare’s lips are parted gently in her awe, the corners curled upwards in a breathless smile. The wonderment in her expression reaches up to her eyes, illuminating them beneath the luminescent glow of night, and the light of her sister stars twinkling above, as though to mirror her amazement. Although she is undoubtedly fond of the ocean and its beaches, Tiamat has never seen a place like this before! It is magnificent, almost a dream with the way the pristine earth sparkles, emulating the glory of the night’s glittery sky.

She lowers her head in curiosity, the pale curve of her engraved horn catching the blushing light of the moon as she does so. Carefully—almost tentatively, hesitant to disturb the enchantment of this spectacular cove—the ocean mare brushes her satin lips against the sand. The grains are soft beneath her skin, giving way easily beneath her weight, much like fairy dust as her breath sends it skittering across the ground. Her smile widens, fluted ears slanting forward to cup the stallion’s deep voice. “There’s more? It is nearly an exclamation of delight, her head shooting up and her eyes widening in excitement.

It is hard to believe that there could be anything more extraordinary than this, though she waits with baited breath. Stepping forward to the edge of the lapping shores, the ocean mare moves closer to Nox, listening to him when he continues. His words soften her lips into something more tender. “I like the sound of that,” her heart rouses within her breast, warmed by the sincerity and softness of the stallion’s generosity. Any thought that he is—or might have been—a monster, is gone. He is Nox, her dear friend, sharing a bond that she can only assume will last forever. “Thank you, my friend,” she reaches out to press her lips briefly to his neck, “It means a lot to me that you’re sharing this special place; it’s…it’s beautiful.” White eyes glance around them, overwhelmed once more by nature’s beauty.

However, her gaze is drawn back to the black stallion when he (perhaps unintentionally) teases her, taunting her with fantastical mysteries of the waters. “Yes, yes! What is it?” Tiamat laughs lightly, shaking her head and sending the decorated locks of her mane cascading about, before following after him. She lingers on the beach, watching Nox for a moment, too entranced to continue just yet. “What…” her hushed voice fades quickly. There are colors! Colors in the water! How could this be?

And they seem to be dancing!

“Wow—what are they? Is this normal?” Slowly, the blue mare steps into the glistening waters, a cloven hoof hesitating when she lowers her head to inspect the glowing colors more closely. They seem to be living. Tilting her pretty head, white eyes flicker to the stallion when he explains. “Glowing jelly,” Tiamat muses, laughter lacing her voice and a smile returning to brighten her lips. More confident now, and ever trusting of her beloved friend, the young mare wades deeper into the vibrant ocean. She watches with delight as the rainbow jellyfish swim around her, swaying in the gentle tide of the waves, and casting the glittering shores with shifting, prismatic, and brilliant lights.

Tiamat twirls in the water, watching as the colors billow out around her like ribbons of light, the weight of her slender body caressed by her father’s firm and gentle hand. “They’re remarkable, wondrous—beautiful! I suppose nature never ceases to astound us, it’s amazing,” she sighs in her elation, the length of her lion tail coiling beneath the surface, playing softly with the swarm of little jellyfish. It is a moment before she looks to the stallion again, the lines of his coarse features tempered by the rainbow glow. “Nox, how did you find this place?” Tiamat steps towards him, ears pressed forward and a smile on her lips.

“Speech.”

Dressy
Mortuus Nox

His gray eyes glowed with happiness as she questioned a bit, before walking into the water.  Her deep blue pelt started to glisten with the beauty surrounded by her. The glowing waters did not mirror how beautiful she really was. A smile started to drip across his maw as she saw the jelly fish light up with color. They swam around them and some little blobs tried to cling to his onyx pelt. They sparkled with every color of the rainbow and even more. His deep gray eyes floated with the colorful reflections of the odd little blob's that surrounded them. He looked back to the beach as the sparkling sand glowed. Her beautiful tail and mane floated around in the water as the sea shells chimed together with the soft waves. She was such a beautiful creature, and he would give the world to be able to call her his.

He smiled as she asked about the jellies  "They are beautiful little creatures. They like to dwell around the shallower water at night time. They Give off light with any little movement. They are simply jelly fish. These ones have just been touched by Helovia magic. I have never seen this before so I can only assume that they are very rare little creatures.  ""  He chuckled dipping his nose down to swirl them. As he picked up his crown, a small jelly fist wiggled and glowed at the end of his maw. He looked cross eyed at the little creature before chuckling and putting his maw back down. His eyes brightened once again as he stood facing the beautiful blue mare. She twinkled with the bright jellies that swam around them.

"It is not has beautiful as you.. "" He looked away shyly wondering how she would react to that. "I found out when i was wondering through here. I was weary and trying to just get away from everyone. My muscles were sore so I decided to take a small dip. Then all the little creatures started to swim and glow with color. I loved it from the first time I laid eyes on them."" He looked back to the mare with a charming smile on his maw. As he finished speaking he looked down to see the glowing jellies start to encase the two in a rainbow circle. They glowed and danced around the two of them with extravagant colors. The little jelly fish swam around the two unicorns almost trapping them together, but they meant no harm. They continued there little dance around the two unicorns as the conversation flowed along.

Nox noticed what the little creatures started doing and his eyes wondered back to them. He watched them dance around them in a perfect circle as gray orbs raised to look into Tia's. Her features were lighting up with glowing colors making her look ten times more beautiful than normal. His masculine features were shown with hard cut shadows from the lights below them. "Look at the odd little jellies.. They are trying to surround us with their colors. Maybe they like you. I have never had them dance in a little circle like that. You must have said the right words to the little creatures; I think they like you. Kinda like M... ""  He stopped himself looking down at the water. Now was the perfect time to tell her, but he did not want to push her away. He really like this mare, but did she feel the same?
"Talking here""

Image Credits!

@Tiamat

Ah!
     I desire Evenstar.
The blue mare’s attention is pulled away from the colorful creatures when the stallion speaks, one ear tipping daintily forward to cup his deep voice. He explains what little he knows about these glowing jellyfish, all information—no matter how small—that is absorbed readily, eagerly. Tiamat is ever curious of the world around her, never tiring of learning and studying what she can. Nature has so much to offer them, and she would hate to miss a moment of its incredible beauty; it warms her heart to know that Nox must feel the same way.

A short glance is cast to his rugged face, bright eyes shining with a happy wonder. “You’re probably right,” her voice is mingled with laughter, blending delightfully with his broader tones as the merry sounds fade gently into the warm night. The ocean mare has never seen anything like these little marvels before—her dear friend has certainly stumbled upon a phenomenon. “Wow,” she breathes wondrously, turning her attention again to the colorful waters, “It makes you wonder, doesn’t it? What else might be out there—what other hidden treasures Helovia has tucked away somewhere.” This is a wonder that Tiamat has often entertained.

Of course, there is not a doubt in her mind that there are many other spectacles like this one—somewhere, tucked into the quietest corners, where only those who are searching will find them. Perhaps, some she has already found. Her thoughts drift to the glowing room in the Heart Caves, a beautiful and thriving biome that is sheltered from the outside climate; and the lake that never freezes, forever mirroring the northern lights with remarkable clarity—a phenomenon in her own beloved home.

She sighs wistfully, never tired of admiring her mountain home. Nox’s tender compliment rouses the mare from her thoughts, long lashes blinking slowly over her eyes, and a tender smile lilts her soft lips. “You’re too kind, my friend,” velvet muzzle is extended to touch his shoulder, nostrils quivering with a gentle sigh. Tiamat moves while he continues, illustrating his discovery of this extraordinary place, her slender body parallel to his as they stand shoulder-to-shoulder. His immediate awe does not surprise her. “I don’t see how you couldn’t! Look at them—they are, just—breathtaking!

It’s almost as if words cannot accurately describe what they are witnessing. The ocean mare feels honored, grateful, and blessed to be able to share this phenomenon with the black stallion. Any reservations that she might have had about his past are simply shadows now. They are forgotten, let go, and chased away by happier, humbler things.

She watches him speak, smiling all the while, the gesture growing excitedly when his words direct her eyes towards the jellyfish. “You really think so?” The dancing lights reach up to highlight her features, the enthusiasm on her face very childlike as she watches them, completely captivated by wonder. A few minutes pass before Tiamat quiets, her expression growing more whimsical. “They remind me of dusk—that moment when the sun’s light is still reaching over the horizon, but the stars have already come out, twinkling with the colors,” an unconscious, tender smile softens her lips, and she rests her head against the stallion’s shoulder, breathing quietly, “It’s like a dream.”

“Speech.”

Dressy
Mortuus Nox

He chuckled seeing her so happy. His muzzle brushed her soft neck as he went to touch the little creatures. "I feel like Helovia is filled with so many wonders, like boots. This place is so beautiful and wondrous. It keeps you at the edge of your seat with the magic of the world. The most beautiful magic is of nature. These little fellas are one of the many wonders. " he chuckled as he watched the blue mare. They waded in the water together. They were happy being together. He might be taking this moment to far in his own mind, but he like this sweet mare. He knew that she probably had no clue that he had more feeling for her then just friends, but he did not want to say anything. He was worried about ruining what they had already. She was growing to know him more than anyone else he ever knew. They were learning the world of Helovia and how to be a healer together.

He looked back to the mare as she touches his shoulder. The warmth of her touch radiates through his body. Then she moved to touch his shoulder. Nox could not help himself he wanted to tell her what he thought about her, but he was worried and scared. A soft smile came across his maw again "I am only speaking the truth..." he chuckled as he looked back out to the ocean. It was bright and glowing with every color. Then Tiamat asked about if he thought they liked her, of course they did! She was so beautiful and these jelly fish made her look so stunning. He listened to her speak about how they looked like dusk with all the colors. "Yes you are very correct about that. They make you think of being home watching the sunset in the mountains.If this is a dream never wake me up, because I could enjoy this forever." He leaned against her softly as he felt her on his shoulder. He then decided to get brave and ask her a simple question. "I was wondering if... well you could see us as anything more than a friend. I don't want it to get weird, it is just a wondering question. " He asked in a soft tone, it was all on the table now. All teetering on one response. He would never let their friendship change over this if she did not feel the same way. He would view her as a wonderful friend and nothing more if that is what she wanted. Nox wanted her to be the happiest she could be, and he would do anything to make Her happy.

His softened gray eyes closed as he waited to see what she would say. the lights of the glowing jellies remained circling around the two. It was like the little creatures wanted them to be together, but it was all in Tiamats hands now. He thought about everything they had been through and talked about. She really knew the real him, and that is something he has never allowed to happen. He let her into his heart, and he let her see the real him. There was a lot of feelings for this sweet mare, but he would not let himself get hurt if she said she did not feel the same way. He would pick himself up and know he had the best friend he could ever ask for. He just prayed she felt the same way for him... He really prayed.

"Talking here""

OOC:: sorry it took so long!! the cat is out of the bag kinda!

@Tiamat
Image Credits!

@Tiamat

Ah!
     I desire Evenstar.
“Aw, yes! Boots!” The ocean mare exclaims with laughter in her voice, her eyes glittering in the dusk of twilight. Memories of the first time she had met the black stallion soften her smile, painting a beautiful picture of magic and fun—a time of ease and play. A time before she had learned of her friend’s dark past, of the horrible things that he had done, and the demons that continue to haunt him. Even so, Tiamat can honestly say that she would not have preferred their friendship to progress in any other way. She feels closer to him now more than ever before, like she really knows him, and that brings her such joy.

Her eyes trail to the rugged lines of his face when he speaks of magic and nature, her heart swelling happily within her breast. “I couldn’t agree with you more, my friend,” the curved tip of her horn inclines forward in a cheerful nod. The trees, the shrubbery, the lakes and rivers, the earth, the mountains, the stars—all of these things are her family. She is truly one with nature, connected with ties that cocoon her soul in a bond that is so beautifully tight. To hear Nox speak such sweet praises makes her smile broaden with delight. Unfortunately, the ocean mare has found that many do not listen to the earth as much as they once have (perhaps as much as they should), and so her friend’s admiration buoys her spirits.

“I understand how you feel,” the blue mare murmurs with a blissful sigh, the corners of her lips turning upwards. She rests her head comfortably against his shoulder, thinking of dreams, and decides that this one would be utterly beautiful. It is almost surreal that they find themselves here now, tucked away in a cove that is framed with glittering sand, and surrounded by these amazing little creatures.

Her eyes close for a handful of seconds, as if she could drift off in this very moment, but the stallion’s voice grounds her to reality. Tulip-shaped ears tilt forward to cup his words, her eyes opening to look at him gently when his tone is much softer and more hesitant than usual. “I don’t think things will ever be weird between us,” the ocean mare laughs lightly, tenderly, hardly able to even fathom the idea at this point.

Rubbing her cheek softly against his shoulder and breathing across his skin, the blue mare lifts her head, angling her neck so that she can look at him a little more directly. “You’re one of my closest friends, Nox—you’re very dear to me, and I hope that never changes,” she watches as the colorful light plays against the sharp lines of his face, his pale eyes, and smiles. There is no doubt that she cares about him so terribly much. “I do love you…” Tiamat allows her voice to fade away, for the first time worried that she might offend the stallion. The last thing she wants to do is hurt him, but—she cannot lie, even to herself.

Tiamat loves; her heart opens to the world without inhibition and without prejudice. However, this love, the love that Nox is asking for, is regrettably foreign to her. She continues carefully. “But to be honest, I know very little about anything more than friendship, personally at least,” her slender shoulders roll with a whisper of a shrug, her eyes pleading for him to understand, for him to not feel rejected or any less special. “I think I have to learn more about myself first,” the ocean mare purses her lips together, brow furrowing as she looks into herself for a moment, into the inexperience there, before focusing again on Nox. With a smile on her lips, she brushes her muzzle against his cheek, “I don’t ever want to lose you in my life.”

notes; OMG I FAIL x_x I'm so sorry it took so long!
“Speech.”

Dressy
Mortuus Nox

Gray eyes looked to the water as she spoke of their magical experiences in Helovia together. He felt the Magic in the air in this place, but also with Tiamat. If he would have never met this mare then his whole life would be very different from what it is now. He would not look at the world as bright and beautiful with out her help, he would see it in black and white still; no color.

Her soft coat touched his black shoulder and it sent chills through his spine. He had put everything out on the table now. His gray eyes closed and remained like that taking in this moment for right now. Then he heard her sweet voice talk, she understood how he felt. That let the world of relief slip from his shoulders. Someone who understands him was amazing, it was something he had never felt before. Her words slipped from her mouth again, she said it could never get weird between them. His eyes opened to feel her cheek rub across his war beaten pelt. The smile trailed across his face, everything felt right with her."Good I am glad to hear you say that."" as he finishes she begins to speak again.

He was a dear friend to her, and she was a dear friend to him. The smile grew across his face softly as he looked into her pale eyes with heartfelt gray orbs. He nodded his head in agreement. then she said something he was not expecting. She did love him? His eyes grew softer as he listened to her intently. She went on to speak about knowing not too much more about friendship, and she needed to find herself. He nodded his head with agreement as she finished with not wanting to loose him.

"Tiamat, I do love you too. I know you might not understand how it works, but I want to show you. I will show you what it is like to be loved back by someone else. I do understand, and agree that you need to find your self, and I will help you with what ever you need. You will never loose me, because I do not want to loose you. Tia you have made me feel again, you let me love again. I want you to know you will always have my heart. You are the one I want to spend my life with, when you are ready "" He softly brushed her forelock off to the side. Then his eyes looked ahead of him to the beach. "Lets get home and off to sleep, It is getting Late. "" he smiled softly waiting for her to make the first move. Then he would follow the true holder of his heart home to the Basin.

"Talking here""

OOC:: trying to dig out of the friend zone !! hahah if you want to post one ore time and we can be done ?? here??

@Tiamat
Image Credits!

Ah!
     I desire Evenstar.
The earnestness in the black stallion’s voice ignites a combination of emotions within the blue mare. Her chest swells and throbs, her heart dropping into her stomach only to leap forward again, catching in her throat and shortening her breath. He speaks with such confidence, with such passion, about things that she hardly understands—beneath the bubbling excitement of her usual candor, she feels something churning, something akin to fear, perhaps? Despite her love and inherent zest for life, Tiamat has not exactly considered the possibility of love—this particular kind of love—and she wrestles with her anxiety and wanting to please him.

She is not quite sure what to make of it all, her white eyes growing round and glistening with the reflection of her sister stars. What Tiamat does know—and she grasps this security with an earnest and joyful grip—is that her spirits lift to know that Nox feels again, that she has given him the key to unlock himself from the cage of his demons (because she knows that it is not she alone who has freed him; he has had to step out of it himself). Everyone deserves the opportunity to experience life to its fullest—to not only see its beauty, but become a part of it.

Her eyes close softly when the stallion reaches forward to brush away her hair, the velvet line of her lips curving into a tender, peaceful smile. “I feel blessed to have someone like you, Nox,” her voice lilts as gently as the waves as they lap quietly against the glittering sands, bright eyes opening again when he suggests they depart for the mountains, for their home. The ocean mare dips her lips to the water, trailing a line of ripples across the colorful surface. “Goodnight, little wonders,” Tiamat smiles, glancing happily to the stallion before shifting her weight (almost reluctant to leave her father’s embrace) and climbing to the sparkling shore. The night is quiet and beautiful, the dazzling array of her sisters shining down over them.

“Speech.”