the Rift

[PRIVATE] But It is Cold Outside..

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen

After the drama that had unexpectedly unfurled its distasteful wings upon my return to the Dragon's Throat Anka and I cannot help but wish for a day away just relaxing. My bonded is delighted by the Secret Grove. Every time that we come here she acts as thrilled as she did the first time that she met these waters.

Anka has her coat to protect herself from the bite of Frostfall water so she slides into the water without a thought. The otter and the water embrace as old friends do. The willows gently caress their tasseled limbs across my body; Where have you been, Rei? I can practically hear their question. Why did you leave Helovia, Rei? I leave them unanswered and I lay at the base of a cluster of the trees. Through their curtain I am able to watch Anka play while being blocked from the frigid wind.

I do not bother with the questions. It does not matter. I am leaving my past, all of it, in the days behind me and I am finally intent on moving forward. I am no longer searching for my father. I am no longer dwelling on what I cannot change. I feel no satisfaction with who I am right now and there is no sense in that. A saying that my mother used to swear by comes to mind, "Happiness is not something that you find, Rei," she would say, "it is something that you are. Happiness is a state of being, contentment is what you have to search after."

So I have directed myself towards happiness and in this moment while watching Anka play I feel it wonderfully close.

@Apollo
Sorry about the wait!
x - x
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.