the Rift

A Companion {any god}

Yol Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

breathe in, breathe out...

Yol wanted a companion. A traveller to accompany his travels. Someone who could help him heal, to help him hone his ambitions and teach him about war, for the medic knew he should learn of it, if he was to understand its mechanics. If he understood war, he felt he might understand himself. A second opinion that could always be trusted. The gray percheron wanted a companion. A flying companion, obviously. He wasn't certain if he sought a bird or a zephyr. A Zephyr- now, that would be interesting. But the extra risks would be difficult and dangerous. No, he would settle with a plain companion. A Gray Jay, or Canada Jay. The little bird could flit along beside him, whisper words in his ears. He didn't want to have to hunt and kill for the sake of a very close friend. After all, despite his massive appearance, the Percheron was only a colt. A yearling.

Yes. A Gray Jay would be sought, and hopefully, found.

A bird that could fly or rest on his dark gray wings.

Yol's hooves cracked loudly against the loose debris, and he gave a soft grumble to him, before he stopped at the shrines. The frostfall air was cold, fondling his ears and wings with cool hands. "Gods and goddess, I humbly ask for your presence." That might do the trick. Hopefully.

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

"Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go," a voice rumbles like thunder over the lava. What follows next are billows of wind, but this is not a normal atmospheric breeze, but rather the displaced air pushed forth from massive brown wings. A glance toward the skies reveals a mammoth stallion, bay in color, with tips of white glistening at the ends of his mane and tail. A jolly hum rumbles in his throat, and a smile rests on his kindly face.

The earth quakes as the stallion takes to landing, throwing a grin toward the younger boy with his eyes crinkling in a jolly sort of way. "What would you be seeking, my boy?"

Yol Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

breathe in, breathe out...

Oh my gods. They're REAL. There's a great... laughing... GOD... standing... in... frontofhim. The earth shakes as he takes form, a smile on a divine face, a mane and tail tipped in silver white like snow. He's a huge bay, the color of earth, a mammoth. An immortal, with massive curving rams' horns and huge wings that shake the sky itself.

"Oh... umm... sir... god... umm..." Yol mumbles, dropping his head. The yearling's terrified and in pure adoration. "I'm looking for a companion, any bird, but I would love a Gray Jay." Yol looks up weakly- despite his bulk, he is dwarfed by the behemoth god. What is he supposed to say? "Please." The yearling adds, trying desperately not to fall over and die from shock. It's a... a god.

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

The shock was evident, but the God was more than used to this sort of reaction. Clearly, he was a behemoth, but aside from this the Earth God did not think he was so bizarre looking as to garner this many dazed looks from mortal. His smile keeps steady, taking over the expression of his hard yet gentle face. You know what they say about a face that toils so close to stone. At least this stone figure has been locked in an eternally benevolent expression, or it would appear so, anyway.

After the initial stir the boy looks to have gathered some of his wits, which father Earth had no doubts he was quite capable of managing. "Hmm... let's see. I recall some jays in my travels." The God takes to looking up toward the sky, as if in serious concentration of thought. "Yes, yes. In the World's Edge, you should be able to find some jays that may have a task for you." His emerald eyes return to the young healer. "I believe you know the way."