the Rift

[PRIVATE] on my knees and out of luck

Rohan Posts: 132
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 :: 8 years HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Éomer :: White-tailed Eagle :: Scream Reli
rohan
how fickle my heart
A cool breeze snakes down from the mountains, rustling over the frozen ground until it finds the large stallion. He represses a shiver as the gentle wind climbs up his feathered leg, nestling beneath the nape of his neck and playing with his long hair, before it dances off into the horizon. Rohan pauses for a short moment, strong jaw flexing as he clenches his teeth, huffing dramatically from his nostrils before continuing at an extended walk. It feels more like early spring this far north, with the solid ground still patched generously with snow, and the thin air is crisp. The white ice nearly turns to slush beneath his hooves, his muscled weight causing him to leave ample hoof prints in his wake.

The Warlander could say that he doesn’t know what brings him here, that he’s not quite sure of his intentions, that he knows only the beating of his heart as it guides him. But—that would be a lie. As much as he wrestles with the logic and sense of it all, Rohan knows exactly what presses him farther and farther north. With every step he takes, it feels more like a death march than a journey; a self-inflicted torture, if you will. For weeks, months, he has procrastinated, forcing the nightmare to the back of his mind and reassuring himself that it couldn’t possibly have been true.

Couldn’t it?

It is his doubts that had eventually spurred him into action. No longer could the stallion handle the uncertainties, the fears, or the suspicions, deciding finally that he must put his mind to rest (because, surely, there cannot be a bastard child lying in wait for him in the North). Rohan is uncomfortable with how unstable that assurance is, writhing beneath the weight of his doubts and pressing forward with an angry gnashing of his teeth.

It is only when the mountains of the Basin rise on the horizon that the Warlander halts again. Their shadows stretch long over the frosted ground, pulled by the midday light, straining to grasp for the stallion who stands just out of their reach. He hesitates to go any further, muscles steeling beneath his skin and rimmed ears lying flat into the unruly mess of his mane. For a moment, he debates calling out for the black enchantress, releasing the rumbling of his voice out across the wasteland in a deep summons, but his lips press only tighter together.

“Speech.”
@Sialia | image credits
[Image: 57c5195f31f1b_by_relibelli-db9li1z.png]
please tag Rohan in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie

I Ain't Got Time To Bleed

As if such a thing could happen.

Anger still radiates throughout my body, for after the meeting I had stormed to patrol, and instead found myself steaming over the events that had taken place. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath, and I exhale, steam rising from my nose in the chilly air. It never did get warm here, and if it did? Well, that was highly unusual. It was locked into a constant battle of forty degrees and below.

My wanderings don't take me far, for as I just rise on the crest of the frost breath steppe, a handsome creature is there to greet me. Oh I remember him alright. Rohan, who I had tried to recruit using my devilish looks and witty comments. He had chosen to go with the winged giant Thor instead. 

I was a little miffed, but the pleasant surprise made me decide to turn the  sour mood into.. well, a much better and possible warmer one. The frown turned upside down and is replaced by that famous flirtatious smirk, and a slight tilt to the head. "Rohan.. What brings you from the coast to the frigid mountains of the north? Have you finally taken me up on my offer to show you around.... Even the nooks and crannies." I winked as I moved closer to him. 

Little did I know something plagued that beautiful mind. But I was here to find out, after all.

"Speech"
Tag;; @Rohan
Words;;
Notes;; <33333 Yayyyyy.

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

rohan
how fickle my heart
The Warlander doesn’t have to wait long for the black enchantress to appear. She materializes from the mountain’s hoarfrost, slithering like a shadow with eyes that pierce like light, sapphire jewels that captivate him like a moth to a flame. He lowers his head, thick neck arching as his green gaze holds her from beneath the shadow of his brow. In his ears, Rohan can hear his heartbeat quickening, thundering, fueled by rage that is quickly, foolishly smothered by lust. With every step, with every sway of her hips, he forgets his fury—the coldness of his heart giving way to a blaze of desire.

His eyes narrow at her voice (the tones mere echoes compared to those of his memory), but brown lips curl into a mischievous smirk, twisting crookedly across his mouth and reaching to light his eyes. A low chuckle rumbles deeply in his chest, his large weight shifting deliberately closer to the mare. “I should like to discover such mysteries,” Rohan’s voice slips lowly from his tongue, mingled with play and wickedness, mirroring her brazen flirting.

Desperately, some part of his mind grasps at his kindling anger. Even as he steps forward, reaching to brush his lips across her cheek and down her neck, the stallion’s mind struggles for indignation and rage through the carnal haze of his male mind. He closes his eyes, breathing her in. The disappointment… It flutters at the back of his mind, struggling behind the vapor of flesh and desire. The shame… He nips at her withers, nearly ignorant of the memories that thrash, striving for rationalization and answers. The accusations… They scream for an explanation, to know exactly what had happened in that place between wakefulness and dreams, if it had been real at all. The indictments against his brother… He pauses, lids flickering slowly open over his eyes, only now beginning to grasp the levity of these things—the audacity and treachery, the—

The kid.

“No!” Rohan growls suddenly, recoiling from the black mare and fixing her with an icy glare, his body abruptly cold where there had once been heat. “You!” He roars, shifting back again before pinning his ears, “How dare you.” The length of his pale tail thrashes against his flanks as the words are hissed from clenched teeth, the muscles in his jaw flexing in the impulsive eruption of his former rage. Every part of his body grows rigid, muscles coiled beneath his skin, holding him in a stance for battle.

Of course, the Warlander doesn’t intend to hurt Sialia, only to pry answers from her—answers that have haunted him long enough. He narrows his eyes dangerously, snaking his head to the level of his shoulders. “Your enchanting wiles will not ensnare me anymore than your dark North, witch. I have waited too long, but I face you now—you don’t understand what offenses you have ignited,” his broad chest heaves with each breath, the tone of his voice promising retribution. He will not see his brother’s memory, his pride, wounded so disgracefully by a mare who has no right to do so.

Gnashing his teeth together furiously, Rohan stalks to the side with a huff, nostrils quivering and flaring wide. Where is he? Where is the little bastard?” Green eyes dart around the black enchantress, expecting to see the gangly little shadow pressing close to her flanks, as it had so plainly in his memories. Seeing nothing, he snorts angrily, looking to meet her eye. “In your mountains? Is that where you have hidden him?” Rohan breathes heavily, nearly working himself into a sweat. There is desperation beneath his rage, trembling and frantic, barely contained by the fury of his gaze.

notes; omg this will be interesting XD
“Speech.”
@Sialia | image credits

Nessie

Oh yes, this was a pleasant surprise indeed. His voice rumbles and mirrors my own intentions, and I am most pleased. My dark lids lower as he moves closer, and my neck arches, as ears flip forward to eagerly catch more flirtatious words to come flowing from his mouth. His muzzle brushes against my cheek, and a soft hum escapes my lips as he travels further down, and I move closer to him, my own lips caressing his neck, and eye lashes tickling his cheek.

A loud no booms from his vocal chords causing me to jerk backwards as he himself recoils from my grasp. For a moment utter confusion floods into my expression and eyes, before replacing itself with anger at his sudden change of heart. He begins on some rant, and my face just gets colder. 

"how dare I?!"

What the fuck did I do? Anger, confusion, and hurt all tumble around in my mind. What had I done to deserve his wrath? I had only met him once, and I had offered him a home... Yet this is how he treats me? I could have easily been bitchy, rude, but no. I welcomed him with open arms, yet he still turned me down. That was his fault, not mine. 

But how could he blame me for that? I did nothing wrong. So why the hell was he so... So... furious? But no, he doesn't stop there, he goes on-wards. He doesn't just stop with the cruel tone. He actually insults me, and that, that there is where the hurt comes in. His head levels with his shoulders, and instinctively I take a step backwards, unable to conjure the words from my mind, unable to make my mouth work. It was almost like my brain and mouth had a broken line somewhere and I was in a permanent state of trying to fix it but doing a shitty job, and so it kept breaking.

"dark north witch? ensnaring wiles?"

His body heaves with each breath, shaking with the passionate anger beneath the skin, but for the life of me, I have no idea what I have done to awaken such a beast.

"yes, can someone please explain to me why your freaking the fuck out? I really don't know what I have done to offend you ever!" 

He then moves to my side, teeth gnashing, nostrils flaring, madness in his eyes, ranting about son bastard, and where I kept him. In my mountains? As he stares at me in the eye I finally gain the ability to speak again. And what comes out was not kind, and the anger that burst out counters his own.

"I don't know what the fuck you are going off about, but I am assuming by bastard you mean a kid. I have only one child, and her father is most certainly not some bat shit crazy stud like you. To add to that she is an adult, and was born far before I met you." I pant slightly as I pause, before stalking closer, ears pinned close to my head. 

"Now, mister psychotic breakdown, what the fuck are you going off about. I am no witch, and I do not take kindly to being called such. As to my enchanting wiles, just a moment ago you seemed to like them quiet a lot. Now, I don't know what I ever did to offend you, but I swear that all was on my mind was what hung between your back legs. This would be the second interaction I have ever had with you. So, please, tell me what the fuck I did so I can move on and kick your fucking ass for being an absolute dick munch to me. I am the corporal here in the Aurora Basin, and I can tell you that there is a sure reason for that."

My words halt, as cold eyes stared hard at him, boring into the flesh. I was far to angry right now to notice his agitation under the fury. All I knew was he hurt my feelings, and I was tired of them getting bashed, especially for no reason whatsoever. He had no right to say what he said to me. He had no right to act that way towards me. He didn't have any right to act like that towards anyone, ever. 

He made a big mistake, cause I wouldn't stand for it either.

"Speech"
Tag;; Rohan
Words;;
Notes;; Welp, she's not happy. But this will really be interesting. :D

@Rohan

rohan
how fickle my heart
Wild green eyes are pinned on the black mare, watching her, examining her, as if he could peel back the skin from her bones and reveal the secrets underneath. It is only when she fires back with her own accusations, screaming of ignorance and madness, saying that her child is certainly no child of his, when confusion flares violently across his features. “What—No!” The stallion settles back, his eyes still never leaving her. She denies his claims, cutting through the horrors that have haunted him as if they were smoke, sending them in a spiraling chaos through the turmoil of his mind.

Rohan doesn’t move as she strides closer to him, his body frozen in this haze of confusion and anger that has gripped him so tightly, that he stands like a statue in the wake of her fury. From her mouth she spits a string of words, sentences that are barely registered—still she denies any knowledge of his terrors, of their son, that he doesn’t know what to make of it all. “What—?” The Warlander stammers through clenched teeth, frustrated at her charade of ignorance (because surely she must know! He had seen it all).

Shaking his head, the antlered stallion squares himself once again, grasping at threads of understanding in an attempt to ground himself to his surroundings. With jaw muscles flexing, he fixes the black mare with a more focused glare, the fire of desperation and rage blazing behind his eyes. “Your big talk is charming, sweetheart, but you would do best to remember that you aren’t the only warrior here,” brown lips slide into a sneer, hardly intimidated by her threats. Of course, this is far from the type of physical interaction he had in mind, and he is still loathe to harm her, but the Warlander won’t hesitate to strike back if she bites first.

“Don’t play ignorant with me now. We—we had a child together! I saw him! He was right there, by your side,” gradually, Rohan’s voice shifts into a frustrated whisper, trickling down from the snarling bellow it had been when initially leaving his tongue. His eyes are narrowed in angered suspicion, lips set into a hard, silent snarl. She must remember.

Thrashing his long tail around his flanks, the large stallion releases a grunt of breath from his nostrils, his anger brimming. “You knew me,” he seethes at her, his breath a low hiss from his teeth. You knew who I was. Somehow, she had known his history, his heritage, and his secrets. He had thought that he had run away from all that, left it behind him to rot and wither away into nothing—yet here he is, left to face it all. “You judged me, condemned me like the rest of them, without a second thought, without even understanding the blasphemies you had spit!” His chest heaves with the force of his words, ears slicked back into the mess of his mane.

For several moments, Rohan just stares, his eyes shaded and wild beneath the shadow of his brow. The translucent puffs of his breath billow in between them, his panting loud in comparison to the tense silence. Finally, after who knows how long, the antlered stallion moves his lips—his voice wooden, almost desperate, with the rest of his body still unmoving. “We—we were there,” his gaze becomes clouded with the memories, images of rolling hills and bright, summer suns, “in Etherim.” The last is hardly a breath, a fraction of a whisper.

It is only then that something clicks inside the stallion’s mind—only then when he realizes how ridiculous this all sounds. Sialia? In Etherim? He is sure that he’d never met her before Helovia’s Threshold, and he certainly hasn’t returned to his homeland since. “It…” Rohan murmurs, shifting his weight back and his muscles suddenly becoming slack beneath his skin, as if he had just received a physical blow. “It wasn’t real,” it is almost a gasp, the words hinging on a question as he looks to the black mare, as if she would have the answer for him.

“Speech.”
@Sialia | image credits

Nessie

His voice spits denial to my defenses. What had he seen? Why had it involved me? What delusions had he been telling himself? A note is made in the depths of my mind to be much more careful with whom I choose to flirt with. Another gasp of denial, before he squares his body back up, a sneer pulling at his brown lips as he reminds me that he is indeed a warrior, and bigger at that. My ears are pinned close to my head, as I glare at him. "Well, I will have to have a discussion with your supervisor, because I think you need a demotion and a mental evaluation, because something's obviously fucked up in there." The words are slick with venom. I have reached a point beyond caring. I didn't care about the anger and rage that burned in his eyes. They burned right back at him. They challenged him, dared him.

Go on crazy boy. Show me your the warrior you profess to be.

But he doesn't. He's ranting again, and I want to scream, and tear at the fur on his body. To turn him into a bloody mess of flesh and bone, scattered fur. He had no right to tell me what had been in my womb. I know what had been in there. Glacia had been there. Only Glacia. She was the only one. I know. I remember the pain. I remember that first moment where my heart beat for something besides myself. I remember being willing to die for her, and standing to protect my child against Aviya. To fight despite my weary body. To give my life for what grew inside me, and had only been in the world a few moments.

He didn't know this, but I did. I knew it. I knew that any child I bore after, I would feel the same way. I would protect them until my death, and there afterwards. I would remember bearing them. And I know I had only born Glacia from my womb.

He stood there panting at me like some dog, his chest heaving heavily, his eyes that of a wild man. It is like this for some time, the only sound from his loud breathing. But I glared with distaste, imagining all the bloody things I could do to him. How I could torture him slowly into death.

Until he speaks. Saying I was there, with him, in a place called Etherim. I knew not of this land he spoke of. But he seems to come to a realization. A realization that it hadn't been real, and he goes slack. My ears slowly lift up to look at him. I relax slightly, and I feel bad for him. Whatever I had said... It had hurt. I had hurt him in what ever delusion he had. I had judged him, for things he had done.

But it wasn't really me. I wouldn't have judged him based on his past. I judge on character. But despite that I felt sorry for whatever I had done in his head. And so cautiously I move closer, my muzzle reaching out to touch his shoulder, as I sidled closer to him. My face rested against his shoulder and neck, offering comfort for him. I wasn't sure if this is what he wanted. Or even needed.

"I'm sorry. Whatever I had said... in your head or not, it must have been awful. And I am sorry for that Rohan."

"Speech"
Tag;; @Rohan
Words;;
Notes;;