the Rift

Lightning Child [Cirrus, Hototo]

Azulee Posts: 62
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 hands :: 6 years :: Orangemoon HP: 65.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Valda
azulee
they want rain without thunder and lightning

The sun cast its fiery light gently down upon the lightning-esque belle as she frolicked exuberantly across amber sand, a golden spray accompanying each meager stride. The winter had a strange effect on the desert biome - instead of extreme, frigid temperatures and snow, there came small concentrations of rain, ushering forth a not-so-overt, yet recognizable period of relief.

A thin film of rain droplets descended from the heavens, an even drizzle which had engendered a bow of iridescent pigments to arch across the sky. Azulee admired it from a distance, relishing in her freedom. The young flicka had found that freedom was a wonderful thing. To be able to uncurl ones legs and frolic through the sand, amber sand dancing through the air in your wake, was truly a marvelous feeling.

Large, wispy clouds littered the azure canvas of the sky, and she thought idly toward the perceptive, atmospheric behavior of her elder sister's coat, pondering what shapes it might reflect on this day. Merely strides away from the ocean's briny surf, she began to wonder where Cirrus had gone, growing tired of solitude.

[ ooc; These will get better, I promise .__. ]
background image © riktorsashen

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

HOTOTO</style>
 Let the meek have the kingdom of heaven; the strong shall rule on earth.</style>

I had not discovered my magic, though if I had been paying attention, I suppose I could have noted the way wilted plants turned their faces up happily to greet me sometimes. My focus was squandered often on other endeavors, such as walking with crooked legs. The limbs in question had been getting straighter these days, and I felt that perhaps they might be strong one day, just as Ophelia had suggested. Still, they were bowed to this day, where I stand idly by the shores of the great lake, my dual toned eyes watching the water lap at the red sand in quiet contempt for the bloody earth.

I was just sad that each moment was different from the rest, much like I had been the day I spoke with Ophelia at this very shore.

Today, it was not the princess of white that I would be meeting with, but the princess of lightning. I had not seen her, at first, and she likely would have noticed me before I took a glance in her direction. There was not a time I recall that I had seen a fellow foal, and I was quite taken aback when my blue face turned to see the sight of a blue girl, striped with markings that mirrored a stormy sky. I tilt my head, a swish of silver mane floating downward toward the earth, pulled by gravity and the gentle hands of the wind.

My excitement increases tenfold as I note the wings on the back of her body, much like my own limbs which fold and grow, feathered and beautiful. My mother had finally explained to me that I was not the same as her, but I had already guessed that. There were no wings sprouting from her back, and her horn fell delicately in the center of her forehead. It was elegant and not bulky like my own curved horns, and we were obviously crafted from a different palette of colors. There was little that tied my body to my mother's, except for our fair colored hair and stripped markings on our legs. The touch of red in the center of my eyes also bespoke of our relation, perhaps a family trait since Ophelia also had a crimson eye.

The same excitement dies swiftly, though, as I realize with a jolt of nervousness that this is not a colt as I am, but a filly. Females had often made me nervous, and I think the only ones I had ever spoken a word to are mother and Ophelia. So, instead of walking up to the other foal, I just stare, horrified that she may notice me and speak, and that I would be too dumbfounded to utter a single syllable.

Art by Krazie!</style>

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
Cirrus
Dearest parents,

I must apologise for the corrupting ways in which I have influenced my dearest sister. It seems we are simply, too similar, you see. It was far too easy to convince you of my responsible nature, my ability to take her under my large feathered wings and shape her to my will. I know you saw the devious smile I wore when you first allowed me to take her for a speedy gallop across our home, I know that you are aware of exactly what I had planned for my little sibling. Yet, you do not stop me, and so I continue on, seemingly under false pretences that you look upon my actions with favour, not disapproval. It matters not, even if a disapproving glance were to be thrown my way, I would merely buck once to show how little I cared for it and continue allowing my influence to shape the precious bundle that is my little Azulee.

The rainstorms that dampen our home also cause dark streaks to stain my hide. I fly, using the humid weather as practice to strengthen my wings and body, through the storm, though I am not yet skilled enough as to dive through the clouds above. Father, you would be able to fly up there, wouldn't you? My coat reflects the storm, with rolling clouds and dazzling light playing haphazardly across my hide. Blurred dots, falling rain, moves as strange smudges down my legs, fading into a dark, charcoal hue that also resides upon my nose, wingtips and ears. My cerulean eyes are the only thing that shine oddly bright against the dank sky, scouting out the lands below. I smile to myself, thinking of the electric traits my darling sister exhibit, wondering if perhaps, in time, I might earn my own claim to our father's line of Spark magic.

As if my thoughts have brought her before me, I spy the little maiden of roan blue pelt dancing a dainty step along the shore of our homeland. I angle my flight lower, relishing in the increase of speed my descent causes. My ears are swallowed by the growing length of mane that decorates my nape, as they bow down against the intertia of my motion. During my descent, I spy another, a strange, hairy colt with silver strands for mane and tail, golden flecks upon his wings that match the caramel hue of his curved horns. He is a curious mixture of species, and I become almost too focussed upon him during my landing that I stumble and trip, and need to rely upon the fierce, rapid beating of my wings to right my figure once more. I trot it out, swishing my tail and tossing my head, goading my observers into pointing out a fault with my technique.

"Hey!" I call out with a snort to the colt, pointedly approaching him, wings ruffling at my sides, refusing to fold them away for now. "What do you think you're doing, staring at my sister like that?!" I snort again, and trot past him, swishing my tail with a sharp thwack against my flank, hoping, wondering if the dark strands were yet strong enough to hit his hide on my way past. I trot to my little sister, extending my maw with an enthusiastic smile. I make to rub it against the static markings that stain her hide, amused at the thought of how simultaneously alike and different we were, even in appearances. "He wasn't bothering you, was he, Azulee?" I murmur seriously, my tone implying quite clearly that had he touched a hair upon her body without permission, he would be on the receiving end of my wrath.

Don't worry, beloved parents, your youngest daughter is in my care!
Cirrus.

as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Valda
    azulee

'Hey!' Azulee's ears pricked forward almost instantly, her petite head jerking toward the voice she knew all to well belonged to her sister. She quickly scrambled to her hooves, watching as the filly she so idolized trotted toward her. Before she could utter any sort of greeting her attention wandered to a colt she had before been unaware of, insouciant to his presence.

In a bout of childish cruelty, the lightning child peered toward the demigod, scrutiny plaiting her soft features. He was unlike any pegasus she had seen thus far within her short life, and she snorted softly, pensively absorbing his appearance. He possessed the horns of a ram, a rambunctious creature she had seen frolic in the more rocky regions of the throat. She shook her head at Cirrus' inquiry. "Except for the fact I didn't know he was standing there!" She announced, peering toward him, the tone of her shrill voice alluded toward slight irritation.

She pranced toward him, gangly limbs conveying her figure no more than a few steps before coming to a halt. "Who are you?" She nearly demanded, genuinely curious as to who the colt was. She hadn't seen him around the Throat.

Hidden Account
    Boom Boom!

HOTOTO</style>
     Let the meek have the kingdom of heaven; the strong shall rule on earth.</style>

To think that the one whom I am watching currently would not be the one to spot me was not a thought that passed my apparently pea sized brain. The shout is like a crack of thunder in my skull, it reverberates and finds its way to my knees, already shaky, which nearly fold in on themselves and I clench my jaw to remain standing with sheer will. Falling down in panic would be the last thing mother would do in this situation, so I must remain calm. My head turns hurriedly the direction of the noise to see a spunky pegasus trotting my way. I shrink back immediately, as if she were on fire and just a touch from her body would burn my skin.

I nearly slouch back on my hind end, the unsturdiness of my front legs apparent in the awkward movement, but my rear end manages to catch on a warm, furry surface. Nearly leaping in fear in the other direction, I calm my wits, gathering up enough courage to look behind me where a familiar figure is resting by my back legs. His entry had not been noticed by me, and it did not apparently register to the fillies quite yet anyway. The fluffy brown surface was a small bear cub, who was bonded to mother, and an almost ever present fixture at the side of either her or I. Mother called him Eytan, but I had settled on what I thought was all the more apt title: 'Bear'.

The presence of the mammal makes me feel a bit more secure with the two sisters who are apparently going to make it their mission to put me under direct scrutiny now. I tuck my head down toward my chest and stare downward at my pigeon toes, looking at their glistening bronze hue with a look of disinterest. The accusation of the larger filly makes the rain immediately feel colder; as I suspected, I was nothing more than a labeled bother to these girls. Such was the way of them, I figured, continuing to take a strange interest in the ground as my eyes appear to be glued to the uneven, darkening surface of the Throat.

Even as the wobbly little filly makes her half prance my way, Bear senses my discomfort and clings closer to my small side, standing next to my legs as a way of reassuring me that I had at least one on my side, one who cared for me in this instance. I make a shy glance with my bicolored eyes, bloody earth behind a small tuft of silver hair, at the filly speaking to me. The older one had referred to her as Azulee, which was a pretty name, I thought. Mother and I had repeating sounds in our name, but hers was more like Ophelia's in that it just had one continuous flow, undisrupted by repetition or cycling.

"Uh..." I drag out the sound ineffectively trying to answer her question, eyes slipping from her charcoal face and back toward the ground, glancing around my shoulder to where the bear stood, calm, patient eyes guiding my tongue forward where I could not. "I'm Hototo." My name sounds foreign on my lips as I speak it, but the actual name itself is not difficult to say. Normally, I only spoke to those who knew of me, knew my name. I cannot recall ever having to say it myself, in fact.

Art by Krazie!</style>

Cirrus Posts: 233
    Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
    Whit
    Cirrus
    Dearest parents,

I regret to inform you that this creature seems to be quite an odd creation, I am not entirely sure what to make of him. He quivers where he stands, his eyes drift to his feet, his hocks shake as if they cannot bear the weight of his rotund buttocks. With a critical gaze I watch his every tremor, but when I see the beast that stands behind him, evidently hiding for I did not see it before, I bound to place myself between him and my sister.

My jaw hangs loose, I can feel the breeze of winter tickle my tongue as I stare, openly amazed, at the carnivore that stands so easily by his side. It takes me a moment to collect my thoughts (I fear I may have inherited your slow and steady way of thinking, father [I must become more like mother]) as I process that the bear is not eating us, but seemingly protecting the colt just as I protect my sister. I am wary as I acknowledge this, taking a careful, curiosity-killed-the-cat sort of step towards the cocoa colt and his companion, nodding my tiara at them in a small show of - what? Respect? Fear? Or just, acceptance?

I watch his relationship with the bear, as he stumbles over his words, as he pulls strength from the furry beast. I remembered, vaguely so, the relationship between some animals and some creatures, the tale of equines and their ability to bond with dragons was most notable. But a bear? "Hototo." I test his taste, as if tasting foreign food for the first time. I recall, vaguely again, a mare with similar pale locks for her mane and tail, one whom father had said attended my birth, Ktulu? I had to wonder at the relationship, perhaps this curious mix of species was her son? The names held a similar, familial ring to them, though who was I to know. I shall have to ask you later, father dearest.

"I'm Cirrus." I had seemingly decided he was indeed worthy of our company, as a grin now splits my face, my nape proudly arching as I speak my name to him, flourishing my wings lightly before settling them down against my sides. "Who's your friend?" I ask, knowing that most people named these animals who seemed connected to their very souls. Was he truly so fortunate to have found one so young; and a bear, of all creatures? Perhaps he was stronger than I initially thought.

I throw a glance to my sister, affection and love evident in that single gaze. I had stepped in front of her approach to the colt before, but now I stepped back, to allow her view of him again, and his of her. As long as this Hototo didn't get any ideas, we would get along fine. Maybe. For a little while, at least. Let's say he was on probationary friendship. Does that sound good to you, parents?

Your devoted child,

Cirrus.

[I am so sorry about the wait <3 Replies will be fast now :-) ]

as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Valda
    azulee

The belle tensed as her sister bounded in front of her, and timidly, the small filly poked her petite face out from behind Cirrus' comparatively imposing stature. What had surprised her so? With small ears pricked forward attentively, she narrowed her electric-blue eyes in focus, noticing something behind the peculiar colt. She huddled close to her sister's haunches, finding herself rather uncertain of the creature. It had managed to startle her sister, it would seem, and that in itself merited some amount of fear. Her pricked ears meandered backwards atop the zenith of her head.

What was that thing, anyway? The colt presented himself as Hototo, and Azulee furrowed her brow a bit. She was surprised when Cirrus offered her own name, and as the elder filly moved to the side, she stood in place, somewhat wary, though curious none the less. She tipped her muzzle up toward Cirrus, and not-so-discreetly whispered toward her. "What is that?" She asked.

[ ooc ; Sorry for the shortness. D: ]

Hidden Account
    Boom Boom!

HOTOTO</style>

The repetition of my name upon her lips sounds more like the sound I have come to know, unlike the dull way the syllables slid off my own lips and reverberated in my ears. The appearance of Eytan, tugging at my side in a constant reminder that he stood with me, has quelled the tension broiling in that stormy painted filly. My crimson and green eyes, half locked on the terrain, flittering up sheepishly occasionally to steal glimpses, begins to note the skyscape of the filly's coat is changing. For a short, brief moment, my brow twists in confusion as I tilt my head up completely, bitoned eyes locking onto her evanescent coat, capturing the flickering scene in amazement.

I see the flicker of lightning on her pelt and in the distance, a crack of thunder follows. I could nearly have leapt from my skin and scattered away in a fumble of uncoordinated bones, had I been able to move at all. Fascination stems from the mouth which slacks open for a moment, amazed. Bear has noticed as well, his own eyes looking at the sight I found so awesome, though the smaller mammal seems less impressed than I. The name snaps in my mind and my eyes falter and drop back to the ground, mouth shutting. Staring was rude, but I had never before seen a coat shift with the weather.

Cirrus, she had called herself. Cirrus and Azulee, my company here aside from Bear, and despite my discomfort, I can't help but wonder if these two will become my friends. It is unlikely; as far as I know, Ophelia is my only friend, and she is, after all, my aunt. Is it not required that we are close? The next words that slide from the larger filly's mouth make me ashamed I had forgot the faithful companion at my side. No matter the precarious situation I had found myself in, a smile still cracks on my dark colored lips as I look down at the dark eyes staring up at me. "This is Bear," I say, quite comfortably, without the jitter and stammer of my last phrase. It is much easier to speak when I need not look the filly in the eyes and address her properly. She is only a few months older than me, but I feel that she is much stronger and definitely more daring.

Chances are this Cirrus was much braver than I, and that makes me envious.

I recall that green monster that had risen its ugly head the day I formally committed Ophelia's name and face to my memory, and I do not allow it to come to the surface. Perhaps envy is incorrect, but it is true that I admire the qualities that I do not possess while this filly does. How I wish I could so easily address strangers in such a commanding tone; how I wish I could address them at all. I notice that Cirrus has moved out of the view of Azulee, giving her a glance the speaks volumes of love and affection. They are siblings, as Cirrus had referred to Azulee as her sister, and I find myself craving some of that bond as well. I have no sibllings, but the relationship seems to be wonderful. Mother and Ophelia have an amazing connection, and these two appear to hold a love I can only imagine as well.

Art by Krazie!</style>

Valda
    buuump. ;3