the Rift

BLOODFLOOD (ALL)

Orithia Posts: 59
Outcast atk: 7.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 4 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Eris
ORITHIA

She seethed. 

Blood had dried on her lips from the last stallion that thought he could conquer her, but little did he know, she could simper and smirk right up to his neck. She could sashay and sidle like the best of them, better than the best of them. She could pucker and wink as she ripped his black heart right out of his chest. A cruel grin painted her face into a haphazard caricature of joy, her memory brushing over the image of his bloated body in the river.

Face down, just like it should be.

The mare had cleaned herself of the carnage that had splattered her coat, dutifully tending to her matted wings and tangled locks with a sort of loving care that almost made her seem vulnerable. 

Almost. 

But she had left her lips stained scarlet, for no other reason than to watch others' eyes trail over her immaculate form. To laugh hatefully as their grins slipped from their mouths in disgust. To lord over the discomfort and fear of others just as a lioness must lord over her kill. 

Ivory and coral blush painted her form some sort of beautiful, though treachery and self destruction had long ago scattered the ashes of her heart across the desert. 

So be it. 

She paused for a moment beneath the wide arms of a tree, not bothering to check her surroundings or even swivel an ear. Come what may, Orithia had decided long ago that whatever the world decided to throw her way wouldn't be able to pack a hard enough punch to ruin her more than she herself already had. 

aaaaand crappy first post! Trying to get the hang of her, but WELCOME ANYONE AND EVERYONE. Fair warning, she will try to fight you. tru story.
[Image: ypCJIiV.png]
Honestly, kick her ass at any time. Seriously.
Any and all aggressive and non-aggressive contact permitted.
Please no permanent injury or death. We'll get to that part at some point.
xoxo

Misael Posts: 97
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 HH :: 7 years HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Lazarus :: Melanistic Lion :: None ShadowMare
Let me in
I'll show you how the world really is

Curiosity had burned it's way with Miseal through Helovia. His hooves of gold tread across the multiple terrains that made up the beautiful world of Helovia. His exploration of this realm had almost come to a close, he had found his favorite parts--his least favorite ones--and had learnt many things throughout his journey. Not only did he learn of the culture that stretched and implemented it's self in this place, but he had also explored the deep crevices of his own culture. He had come closer to finding his true nature; finding the real Miseal. The one that was uncorrupted by his sultry and sinister ways, one that was free of the weight of life. A lighter, purer, happier, Miseal. 

It didn't last. 

He had become angered, maddened by the corruption of his loyalties and the loss of a woman he held dear. So, here he was, dragging his sorry ass to the threshold that started it all. He remembered, as he tread across the lands that were so foreign long ago- but now were just another vast part of Helovia- the trees, the fragrance of the woods and the way that the rays glittered through the voids of the canopy above. It was all so long ago, but yet so freshly painted in his midnight skull. He assumed it wasn't easy to forget the ending that brought a new beginning; his resurrection one could say. 

The man was taken away from his thoughts as a pearl doll entered the sight of his golden gaze. Ears tipped forward as he took in the hues of blushes and pinks. She was a dainty thing (his favorite) arabian features were easily seen through the dish of her face and the arch that the fragile things always prized. Her locks matched the length of his own, porcelain in color and long in length. Any could say that she held a beauty about her, but the blood that very obviously was showed off on coral lips, made him interested. A smirk lit up his azure maw, his brow arching as he let his deep baritones bellow across the wild wood. 

"What unfortunate creature did you leave upon your lips?" 

"Talk?"

image credits

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

"It can turn the whole world upside down, shake it 'til the sky falls to the ground. 
We don't have to reap the fear they sow, friends, as long as we hide our love away, 
In the good they'll never know."

She was back.  She wasn’t entirely sure why she was back, but she was back.  Maybe she was encouraged by the fact that her first trip to the Threshold hadn’t been a total disaster and it had given her some inflated sense confidence.  Or maybe it was more of an appeal of her deeply concealed need to protect things from the things that go bump in the night.  Even though she was removed from war and had retired from fighting for the resistance she was still fighting the good fight whether she recognized it or not.  

She huffed slightly as she walked between the trees.  It was irritating to the pegasus that flight was restricted here, but she could make due.  At least the forests of the edge were set on the cliff – prime conditions for flying.  The mists could be a pain in the ass but they had their benefits once you lived with them for a while.  She said very little as she slipped through the trees, silent as a shadow.  But she hesitated when she caught the cream colored pegasus out of the corner of her eye.  She turned, flicking her vivid green gaze over to the girl – just in time to see a large, unicorn stallion join her.  She made her way towards the pair, and she couldn’t help but think there was a piece of the puzzle here she just couldn’t put together.  Everything about the mare’s appearance screamed feminine and lovely and beautiful…until you saw the blood. Iona joined them in time to catch the still-unknown stallion’s words.  

“Now, now,” she scolded, with some enhanced theatrics for effect (of course), “Don’t be so quick to assume.  Maybe they deserved it,” she finished, as if her logic was the simplest thing in the world.  She cracked at the end and offered the stallion a smile, and dipped her head to both in a polite greeting. (Such manners, Iona!)  However, Iona did have an interesting take on all things justice and revenge oriented.  She was very much a blood for blood sort of creature.  Maybe it was a function of living in a kill or be killed environment for the majority of her adult life, or maybe it was just a feature of her very personality.  She wasn’t sure and she wasn’t in a hurry to find out.  

At the same time she had to admit that finding a mare in the middle of the Threshold that looked like a fairy princess by clearly had some teeth was certainly intriguing, to see the very least.  Her gaze flicked over to the woman, ”You’ve found Helovia.  Welcome. I’m Iona.  You are?” the painted pegasus said, rather simply, though she was still curious as to what, exactly, she’d found in the Threshold today. 

I O N A

image credits || Tags: @Orithia 

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Eris
ORITHIA

She had to admit, the shade cast about her by the surrounding forest was a welcome reprieve from the exhausting heat of the sun. Gazing heavenward and into the layered boughs and the cracked eggshell blue of the fragmented sky, Orithia nodded. The tree could have her respect, it deserved it more than anything else on this wretched pile of dirt that got her attention; after all, it served a purpose and served it well.

Virtually anyone else on the other hand...

The snap of a twig caused her left ear to swivel in the same direction, though the ivory warrior did not deign to turn her head. A string of words broke the relative silence, spoken with a ring of amusement and coated in the familiar baritone of a male. Still she did not turn her gaze from the heavens, though her chiming vocals lashed out like a whip;

"Come any closer and it will be you."

Orithia felt her muscles tense in a sick anticipation; would the stranger continue to prod? Would he take her threat as an invitation? She hoped so. It had been mere hours since the salty tang of blood had coated her tongue, yet the scrappy lass found herself craving it once more.

The only social activity she enjoyed.

At the sound of yet another equine joining the already too crowded vicinity, Orithia found her ears pinning themselves against her skull whilst her gore covered lips pulled into a cruel grin. Another mouse had come out to play with the ravenous kitten. Finally, at the sound of a mare's voice, the coral brushed maiden lowered her gaze and directed it toward the newest stranger, assessing.

Don't be so quick to assume. Maybe they deserved it.

Her smile shrank to a smirk; this mare could either be a complete idiot or she could be just as screwed up as Orithia herself, but most likely she was going to land somewhere in the middle. Yet, as the unnamed mare continued to speak, Orithia withheld her judgment. Helovia. She had never heard of it and for that, she was glad, for it meant that many of those that must populate the area wouldn't know of Uumhala and their pleasure houses.

"You're correct. They all deserve it." She slid her serpentine gaze over to the azure stallion, pupilless eyes mapping out the best spots on his supple skin to pierce and shred. Snapping her attention back to the black spattered mare, she spoke, voice flat and without inflection.

"Orithia."

She stared them down as the silence thickened.

@Iona
@Misael

OOC - Yay! Thanks for replies! BRING EM OUT LETS ALL GET IN ON IT
xoxo

Misael Posts: 97
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 HH :: 7 years HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Lazarus :: Melanistic Lion :: None ShadowMare
Let me in
I'll show you how the world really is

She did not greet him, did not look at him as he let his chords echo across the wood forest. He was only welcomed with the sight of a porcelain doll staring into the stars and morning glories that loomed over this world. A wanting to get her attention arose in his dark thoughts, a challenge one could say. Perhaps the threshold wasn't so boring after all? It would surely be a prize to take her home. 

The mare replied to him then, words striking at him with venomous tongues. He wondered if this was supposed to deter him from pursuing and prodding? If it was, it would be ignored, for the beast was most definitely going to give her everything but. He walked closer then, slithering to her side like the serpent he was. Miseal arched his neck and lowered the massively crowned cranium of his so that he might reach her ear, whispering words that would begin his mission. "The thought of me on your lips does not scare me." He paused, the aroma of pines and crisp woods wafting off his coat. "Go ahead, try me. The pleasure is all mine."

It wasn't long until another joined him and the white's presence. He slowly slipped away from her side, returning to his abandoned spot by the pines, casting a glare of amusement to the lady in white.  The third was also a winged, ebonite and bleach scattering her skin. She too, commented on the crimson lips of the newcomer. Miseal's brow arched at the onyx's words, another devious smirk slipping on sultry lips, "Oh I did not assume, I merely wished to know what creature unfortunately ended up upon the lips of a doll. I do not care if it was deserved, merely entertainment was all I wished for."  He chuckled, the sound low and obviously humored. 

The black, Iona seemed to get the doll to speak more easily then he could've. Perhaps it was because she was winged, or that she was just that; a she. However it was, Miseal did not feel threatened and simply was excited to see what this concoction of a mare would bring out. 
Her name was revealed then, the brute let it bounce around in his head as the word became associated with the albino snake that sat sneering in front of him. "I on behalf of my heard, the Dragon's throat, welcome you as well. I am Miseal and it's lovely to be of company."
He spoke, the enthralling darkness of his deep words and masculinity not failing him now(or ever, he's always a charmer.) 

"Tell me, what travels brought you here?" 

"Talk?"

image credits

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

"It can turn the whole world upside down, shake it 'til the sky falls to the ground. 
We don't have to reap the fear they sow, friends, as long as we hide our love away, 
In the good they'll never know."

“Orithia,” Iona echoed, with a small dip of her dark head in greeting.  Her green gaze flicked from the woman back to the stallion as he spoke once more as words were exchanged.

Iona was beginning to pull her own understand from the woman’s words and couldn’t help but think that this desert stallion was playing with fire.  Of course it was all fill in the blanks, but Iona could see bits of her younger self in the girl.  She saw fire that was nowhere near contained.  Orithia burned like a raw flame, just waiting for an opportunistic accelerant to come close enough to trigger an explosion.  There was a rawness there that made her unpredictable.  But that fire gave her power too and so much potential. Iona wondered if the girl even knew. She also wondered if she’d be amenable to living in a herd and channeling that fire, or if she was destined for the life of an outcast here in Helovia. 

The mare’s words echoed in Iona’s head.  They all deserve it. ”Many do. Trust me, I would know,” the painted mare said bluntly, shifting her great black wings and revealing some of the horrific scars that were hidden when her wings were folded at her sides.  Her wings had nearly been torn from her sides.  Pieces from her flesh had been ripped from her neck – she had watched as she had been consumed while she was tortured with hallucinations she was powerless to stop. Iona had her own demons.  It just so happened that Iona’s demons were…actual demons. Demons she had spent years of her life hunting down and sending back to the underworld.  But vengeance had become a dish she had lost taste for as she aged and she now had to find new ways to channel everything she kept wrapped up inside.  Rather than vanquishing those that hurt had the potential to hurt others, she was more focused on protecting those that were still here.  Even she wasn’t quite sure how this particular mission was going.  She had only come to Helovia to find her sister a season prior. 

Iona watched quietly for a moment, before speaking again.  So, Miseal was from the Desert.  Iona hadn’t yet visited the southernmost herd but had made a note to do so sometime in the future. Perhaps when the weather turned cold in the winter.  The dark pegasus watched Orithia’s reaction to the stallion’s speech – she wasn’t sure how the inquiry to her history would be met due to her overall defensiveness, but was intrigued to know all the same – but instead she mentioned her own home. ”Like Misael here I also have a herd – the World’s Edge - on the sea cliffs in the west.  There was certainly a note of fondness in her voice – Iona had grown attached to the sea cliffs already. 

Even though she knew it might be hasty, she decided to float the offer of a home to the mare.  She was intrigued, and thought the mare had the potential to flourish in a herd…if she gave it a chance. ”I can offer you a home there, though there are some conditions. If you felt like you had to settle your differences with a herdmate, it would have to be done fairly on the battlefield.  Or, you know, with words.” Iona adds the last bit with a small shrug and a wry smile. She imagined not eating herdmates was probably an implied rule. 

I O N A

image credits || Tags: @Orithia 

@Orithia
sorry for delay/length/probable typos! wanted to get you something since i'm stuck in mandatory family fun time hell D:

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Eris
ORITHIA

The ivory mare was only able to give the winged stranger so much of her attention before the insufferable stallion spoke again. Pale eyes narrowed to slits as the tiger-striped stallion continued to prattle, his incestuous need to be at the center of her attention grating at her every nerve. Her mind's eye was slowly filling with images of him, bloodied and beaten at her hooves, apologies dying upon cracked lips whilst old pleas for mercy echoed through the forest. She glanced again up into the tree boughs, deciding that they were old enough by now to have seen it all; they would not be offended by a little murder here and there.

She licked her lips, wetting the scarlet stain and igniting the tang of iron upon her tongue. It was so sweet, the taste of someone's sin upon her lips, the taste of another's defeat. 

A step was taken toward the horned brute as he spoke, the syllables and inflections of his words a meaningless mumble. Eyes sparking with something that could be recognized as lust, Orithia grinned cruelly at the stallion, her mind finally focusing upon what idiocy his lips were spilling. An attractive arch to her neck, a coy batting of her lashes, a flick of the tail and a flirtatious pose later, she spoke; 

"Oh, Misael," she purred, honeyed words dripping poison to the earth, "I would take so much pleasure from entertaining you into a shallow grave."

He could keep his welcomes and keep his godforsaken herd, she didn't need them. As for answering his question, she simply ignored him and switched her course to the winged stranger. The tale end of the mare's dialogue was caught and Orithia's eyes slid to the gruesome scars that sliced at her skin. Jaw clenching, the ivory serpent's ears threatened to flatten against her skull as her rage ignited once more in the pit of her stomach. 

She was about to speak, about to ask who had so viciously treated the mare and where they could be found, but the nameless mare had begun to speak once more. A battlefield? Orithia's lips twitched; it would be a lie to say that she wasn't intrigued. Eyes slipping back toward the horned cretin, the coral stained shrew bared her teeth. If there were any more like him - and she knew there would be - a battlefield would offer much more to her than he ever could. 

What a wondrous, war soaked life she could lead. 

Returning her attention to the ebony spattered pegasus, Orithia offered a terse nod, "I accept your terms and your offer on the condition that you show me this battlefield upon my acceptance into this World's Edge." 

A joker's smile spread across her effeminate face as she drug her gaze across Misael, "I get the feeling I may have many differences to settle."

And with that, she shoved past the stallion, feathered wings brushing against his flank in a gentle promise; if he wanted to find her, she would welcome him with open lips ad sharpened teeth. 

For now though, the Edge was calling.

@IONA
@MISAEL

ooc- we can end it here if you would like or y'all can add your exiting posts as well. I hope the contact toward Misael was alright, if not, I'll edit the post c: 
ALSO IONA DAMN SON ORI DOESNT HATE YOU FOR SOME REASON GOOD WORK BBY
xoxo