the Rift

separate rooms and broken hearts

Isara Posts: 34
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 hh :: 2 year [Birdsong] HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Evvers

She had been here once before. It was long ago, but she remembered none-the-less. She had been running away from the people that had caused her so much trouble, so much strife, so much grief. And while running away from those people she had managed to run into others here in this woods. That day was both horrible and great. It was horrible because she was frightened beyond belief. But at the same time it was great because it was the day that she met Hector.

Hector.

He had taken her in, adopted her, treated her as if she were his own, and brought her to his home in Dragon’s Throat. The two of them had went through a lot. When the Earth God had told them that he was going to flood Helovia, Hector and her performed their tasks together, boarded together, and waited out the storm together. They were perfect for each other. Hector with his huge stature and Isara with her huge wings.

So what happened to bring her back to this place?

He left. Hector left without telling Isara. And like any normal yearling would do, she freaked out. Given her past of being a prisoner and seeing her mother die though, it sent her over the edge. She searched Helovia for him. Searched every nook and cranny. Searched every crevice that she could reach. But he was nowhere to be found.

By this time she figured that her friends were already worried about her. More so Hertz. He had tried to comfort her when she was having an emotional breakdown, and all she was able to do was put up a crystalline wall to push him away. She didn’t want to hurt him. No. She just didn’t want to poison him with her thoughts and feelings.

So she left in the dead of night. Left to search outside of Helovia for Hector. She left to protect those that she loved from herself.

But her search had been in vain. Granted she learned a good deal while on her travels. She learned how to fly. She learned how to control her magic that she had. She learned about some societies outside of Helovia. She even came to find out that not all wingless are bad (granted she was already learning that through her excursions with Hector). And most importantly she had learned about herself.

And yet she had come back. Teal eyes looked out into the woods as she crossed back into Helovia. She paused at the top of a small hill within the woods as questions flooded her mind. What if they were mad at her? What if they didn’t want her here anymore? What if… She shook her head and overly large wings in an attempt to shake away her worrying thoughts. She didn’t have time for them. Nay. She didn’t want to make time for them. So with settling her wings back against her body she watched and waited. For what she waited for she didn’t know. Maybe it for her to make up her mind. Maybe it was just for the day to pass. Whatever the reason she waited, creating small bunches of pink tinted crystals around her in her boredom as the time passed.

"SPEECH"
NOTES; She will more than likely go back to the Throat, but I guess others are welcome to try to coerce her to go elsewhere. @Hertz

IMAGE CREDITS
Use of force and magic is allowed on Isara, as long as it does not result in permanent bodily harm or death. Otherwise just ask! Also tag in all posts if you so desire. 8D
Hector has permission to powerplay Isa.

Hertz Posts: 42
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
Semper

It had been a while since the lands of Helovia were graced with my presence, so long in fact that no longer did a boy stand before the entrance of the Threshold. Rather stood a strong, well grown colt on the brink of adulthood, my once gangly appearance had filled out nicely with well-traveled muscles. With age it became clear that the couple that had raised me were not the parents to birth me, my appearance gave signs of neither of their genes and at this point finding out who my parents truly were was on the lowest of my priorities. For as far as I knew, the filly I had left Helovia in search of was still lost out there somewhere. 

Dark stained harks flicked back against my cobalt skull in irritation while a striped limb scuffed up the ground beneath me, baby blues watching the entrance into the Threshold warily. I knew what would come of me entering the lands once again, magic would flood my veins, my flesh flashing with lightning and my hooves causing the ground to combust into a deadly fire, everything would be back to normal. Save for the fact that my dearest childhood friend was still gone and if I knew anything about this magical realm was that things were constantly changing. A shaky sigh slid from between midnight stained kissers before I finally moved forwards back into the place I had been birthed, hoping that my dear Sara would be there to greet me at the door.

The Threshold was a strange land, one that I hadn't paid much attention too during my year in Helovia. Recruiting wasn't really a child's job, and in my haste to exit the lands I didn't really stop to enjoy the scenery. As you would have it, it didn't seem as if I had missed much, every different region seemed to scream with differences and the Threshold was no different than the rest of them. Foliage popped up abundantly around my limbs, reaching with earnest to wrap around thick canon bones and trap me in their embrace forever. Baby blues flashed with electricity as I forced myself onwards through the heavy ferns, unlike the other forested land here the Threshold was lit up with sunlight in some places and a gentle breeze was able to creep between the trunks, offering a welcoming glance into the beauty of the lands while the bony fingers of Helovia herself began to ensnare you in her web. 

My path was a direct one back to the island of the Throat where I would apologize to the Wildfire for being unable to find one of our own and hope that I would somehow manage to be permitted to stay on the firey sands that I loved so much, but fate seemed to have a different idea for how my day would proceed. Harks flicked around as the delicate nostrils flared with excitement as a gentle perfume was carried across a breeze. Was she here? Were the gods so good as to put us in the Threshold back to our homes at the same time? Excitement flared through my thick frame, causing the feathers that coated my banded wings to ruffle happily while limbs shifted their direction ever so slightly. It wasn't long before the black and white frame to come into view. Baby blues moved hungrily across her frame, looking to see if there were any injuries or anything that might have changed in our time apart. 

"Sara?" My matured voice cracked with emotion as I stopped a safe distance from the mare, banded wings tucked in tightly to my barrel, baby blues settling on the eyes that I hoped would be the enchanting teal I remembered. 

speech 
Tag | @[Isara]
Words |
Notes | woo, what an interesting come back xD
fractured moonlight on the sea
reflections still look the same to me
image credits
Please tag me in all posts!

Misael Posts: 97
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 HH :: 7 years HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Lazarus :: Melanistic Lion :: None ShadowMare
Between two evils, always pick the one you have yet to try
Traveling, all the damn time. It was a never ending loop for Misael, but yet he hadn't done anything to find the hole in his cycle of repetition. Perhaps he felt as if he had no purpose, and that was why he wondered the new lands far and wide. Perhaps he was unknowingly searching for something, or someone. How could he know? He had met some lovely mares with his traveling, and even was getting places, but he still felt as if there was a void in him, something missing. These thoughts frustrated him as he let out a loud huff while entering the threshold. Life was never to be easy, but the multi-chrome did not let himself get sunk into the grayness that so many allowed themselves too.

The familiar shrubbery surrounded him, the beast slowly picking his way through the wood. His ears lay relaxed, loss in the azure hues of his ribbons. It was a warm morning, untouched by the threat of passing seasons, the weather something Miseal always appreciated. Soft rays fell through the canopy, casting their light on the mossy trunks of the threshold. It appeared to be enchanting, all bright glories and beautiful sights, but Miseal knew that the threshold brought much more then happiness. It was why he was so interested in the land of the newcomers --and those who dared return-- emotion was most oftenily seen raw here. He was after all, a geek hidden behind layers of muscle and walls. Even Miseal, one who was alway denied the trends of the world, who was never prone to their alluring ways, fell to the ways of society; he had walls. Meant for the protection of himself and those who wouldn't ever be able to handle a filterless Miseal.

Golden gaze followed the trail of a stray ray, to be settled upon the frames of two pegasus. He let his orbs swallow their forms, both were young it seemed. One, a mare, was coated in creams and dark chocolate with large wings that were pressed closely to her side. The other, a male, was draped with azures and rusts, he too baring a pair of large wings. The lightning that traveled down his neck reminded him of Ampere, the mare with lightning that rested on her skin and her lanterns. He sensed a recognition between the pair, easily feeling the despair that leaked through the blues words. Miseal was a master of his work, no emotion would slide by without his pondering and prodding. Dipping his ibex crowned cranium, he nodded to the young equines, trying to thin the thickness of the atmosphere.

"I am Miseal of the Dragon's throat, welcome." He offered a small smile, baritones warm and deep, the charms of the knight still ringing in innocent words.

"Talk?"
TAG: Evvers & Semper
OCC: can't write! had to get on this one though!
image credits

Evvers

'Sara?'

The voice rings out upon the still air as the mare works on yet another small bunch of crystals. Only this time, with the sound of the voice, the crystals crack and shatter and in unison her teal eyes grow wide. She knew this voice. Sure it was different, more mature, slightly deeper and more emotional. But it was his voice. His voice and his nickname for her. He had been the only one to call her as such before so why would anybody else do the same?

Head turned quickly and teal eyes fell upon the boy from her childhood days within the Throat. But he wasn’t a boy anymore. No. He was closer to being a full grown stallion now. Slowly she took him in. Muscles rippled beneath his skin and he had grown taller. Just slightly taller than she was. Still, despite him standing right there before her, she was shocked. No, she was filled with happiness. No. She was filled with fear. Hell she felt fear, happiness, joy, surprise, and some other feelings that she had yet to understand all at the same time. It was like a surging storm was swirling madly within her. It was like…it was like…she didn’t know what it felt like. All she knew was that she wasn’t expecting to run into him here. She wasn’t ready to deal with him and his emotions here. Let alone her own emotions.

“Hertz?” she managed to whisper out to him, “How…? What are…? I…,” each sentence she tried to speak seemed to be choked down by not only her emotions but by the sheer surprise of his presence as well. Thoughts and questions and other things flooded her mind all at once. Brief glimpses of each passing past her eyes as she worked on reigning herself together enough to at least verbalize a whole sentence.

“I…,” her voice rang out melodic against the surrounding awkward silence between the two, “I missed you.”

I missed you? That was all she found herself able to say and instantly she felt horrible for saying something so stupid. She was the one who had left. She was the one who decided not to say goodbye. She was the one who had caused him any pain if he had any. Everything, yes everything, was her fault and she waited for his backlash. But it didn’t come. At least, not before another approached the two of them.

Teal eyes fell upon the newcomer as he strolled up to both her and Hertz. He was oddly colored in Isara’s opinion, but she also knew that there were many things she had yet to come to understand about the world and Helovia. Horns graced his head, and they weren’t little things either. No, they were large and curved backwards towards his neck. Isara shifted awkwardly and shuffled her wings as she felt the newcomer’s golden eyes look her over. Then he introduced himself.

Misael of the Dragon’s Throat.

Isara’s eyes look him over a lot harder now. Had she known him before leaving? After a few seconds though her mind drew nothing but a blank. She had not known him. Or at least she did not remember him. Perhaps he knew her or Hertz?

“I’m sorry, but I don’t seem to remember you from my days in the Throat?” Mild confusion filled her face for a short while before she figured she should also introduce herself in case Misael didn’t know either of them, “I’m Isara by the way.”

"SPEECH"
NOTES; @Hertz @Misael

IMAGE CREDITS
Use of force and magic is allowed on Isara, as long as it does not result in permanent bodily harm or death. Otherwise just ask! Also tag in all posts if you so desire. 8D

Misael Posts: 97
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 HH :: 7 years HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Lazarus :: Melanistic Lion :: None ShadowMare
Between two evils, always pick the one you have yet to try

It seemed that Miseal had walked into some sort of meet up, both of these equines had seen the world of Helovia, and deeming by their words that passed between them, there was something deeper between the pair. He wondered then, why had they left, what world did they leave Helovia for? He always questioned, always wanted to know why. He would not prod today though, for he did not want to deal with the sensitive and intimate aurora that was casted off by the winged creatures.

He could feel the brown and cream mare's eyes on him, analyzing everything he had to offer. It wasn't something he was unused too, attention easily gained by a man like him. The other, streaked with lightning was quite, but Miseal still regarded him with a soft smile.

She spoke then, allowing Miseal to know her name. Isara. It was a lovely name, he allowed it to roll around in his thoughts as he put the name with the face. "I'm afraid not, I don't believe we were ever acquainted before." He replied, letting golden orbs gently cast on her captivating lanterns. "Are you wishing to return to the desert? I can lead the way for both of you." He offered, baritones welcoming and inviting. It was strange to be the one inviting people to the throat when it felt like only a few days ago when Rostislav brought him to the Hidden Falls. Then the invasion hit, and Miseal traveled to the deserts to seek something better. Something better he had found, that was definite.

"A lot has happened since your absence. The throat would love to welcome you back."

"Talk?"
TAG: Evvers @Isara
OCC: I threw this up real quick so you could get back into helovia <3
image credits

Evvers

She had to give this Misael some props. He seemed like he was quick to think on his feet. There wasn’t even a pause between her questions and his response which confirmed her thoughts. They did not know each other. He must have joined either after she left or they never had the chance to meet. Either way it did not alter her view of him, it just would have been nice to run into someone else who she had once known from the Throat.

Like Hector.

Hertz remained quiet. Did she put him off somehow? Did she say something or do something wrong? She couldn’t think of anything that she could have done since they had reconnected, so maybe it was something she did before then.

Like running off in the middle of the night without saying goodbye.

Oh yeah there was that bit wasn’t there. Isara’s teal eyes fell briefly to the ground towards the small pink tinted crystals that remained from her use of magic earlier. Then they flicked back up at Misael as he spoke once more. This time though he was asking if she would like return to the desert and she paused. The air between them all went still for a little while as the thoughts of returning to the Throat raced through her head. Could she go back? Would they even take her back? Why couldn’t Hertz take her back? What…what if those that had known her didn’t want her there? What if…?

No.

Soft teal eyes seemed to fill with a little bit of resolve as she made up her mind. Whether they wanted her there or not she was at the very least going to try to live back at the Throat. It was home after all. It was where Hector had brought her for safety. And that was how she viewed that place forever more. Strong, safe…home.

“Yes,” her voice seemingly sang out amongst the silence, “I would very much like to return.”

She gave a faint smile to Misael as he spoke yet again. This time he said that a lot had happened since she had left and that the Throat would love to welcome her back. She wasn’t so sure about that last part but like she had decided earlier she would do her best to be accepted back into her homeland. Now for the first bit she cocked her head just slightly out of curiosity. A lot has happened? What exactly happened that would change things. Surely not too much had changed. People may come and go but the earth doesn’t change all that much that quickly did it? Just what did he mean by it?

“Perhaps,” Isara began softly as she began to move towards Misael ready to head out towards the Throat…towards home, “It would be best for you bring me up to speed on everything that has changed while we travel?”

Clearly she wanted to be on her way and begin to put everything behind her, but what about Hertz? She had paused to cast him a glance, pleaded with her eyes for him to follow. If there was anything that she desperately wanted more than returning home, it would be for him to forgive her and come with her to the place where they both belonged. But if he didn’t want to come with her then she understood, painfully she did. It was his choice to return or not and to return with her or not. Whether or not he came back she would catch up with him someday, maybe it wouldn’t be today or next week or next month or even this year, but she would catch up with him that much she promised. If it wasn’t today then maybe she would finally be able to comprehend her feelings towards him and express them, but only time would tell. For now, she would just follow her heart and soul and return to the place where she belonged. The place she chose to call home. The place called Dragon’s Throat.

"SPEECH"
NOTES; @Misael

IMAGE CREDITS