the Rift

[OPEN] First Lessons

Kynareth Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

It was early evening when the two white mares had reached the land Brisa had called the Hidden Falls. The entire trip, Kynareth was nervous and excited, worried about what others would think. Brisa had departed from Kyne, most likely to let her explore on her own and she had been grateful for it. Whatever the young grey mare had in mind, the actuality surpassed her expectations. The Falls were beautiful. She stopped in her tracks, mouth falling slightly open at the sight of the falls, the lush green patches of grass, and the small rainbows that accompanied the water. Standing still and staring for what seemed like moments, she couldn't believe how lucky she was. She had definitely made the right choice. Her mind briefly flashed back to Mauja and wondered about him. She had made the right choice, right? She snapped back to reality and looked around, not seeing anyone. She didn't mind. Moving in a brisk walk, she approached a small patch of grass and began eating greedily. She hadn't eaten all day and barely drank any water. As if her rough appearance wasn't enough, she was starving and dehydrated.

She busied herself with grazing and enjoying the safety and comfort of not having to check her surroundings. She knew she was alright here and any who approached would be friendly. Flipping her tail against her side occasionally, she enjoyed the warm evening sun. After she had had her fill of the lush grass, she moved over to a small pool of water and drank from it until she was satisfied and warm. Raising her head and licking her lips, she bent her head to inspect her side. She hadn't really done so at all since she had woken with no memory on the beach and she was slightly shocked. She was filthy! What was she going to do though? She huffed softly and straightened her neck, her eyes once again wandering the area. Parting her lips, she whinnied loudly to attract anyone near. She was ready to introduce herself and be an official part of the Hidden Falls herd.

ooc; hope this was an okay post!

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel
She fell, she hurt, she lived.
And through all the pain of her experiences,
she still had hope.

Leaving the threshold without too many other words between the two stallions the two mares headed for home under the warm evening sunlight. Trailing up ahead of the newest addition she decided to let Kynareth explore a little bit and make sure she was comfortable before talking too much. The poor girl had looked petrified in the threshold when she had first come upon her so she felt that it was the least she could do to try and make friends with her. When she had arrived here it had been in a lot worse shape with her body barely holding an ounce of muscle to it, bones protruding painfully, and a whole host of cuts, bruises and scars, but the biggest difference was in her attitude. Looking back on it she really actually felt bad for the way she was reacting but at the time it was the only way she had known to survive. Spooking at everything that moved and sometimes things that didn't she was a real wreck on four hooves if she did say so. Things had obviously gotten a hell of a lot better since then and it was nice to be able to give that back to those newcomers that needed just a little extra attention. With Aeolus growing up so fast it was the least she could do to keep busy so as her mind did not wander all too far.

Arriving in the Falls she couldn't stop herself from watching Kynareth's first reactions to seeing the beauty contained within their borders. From her expression things had far exceeded her expectations, this made everything worth it in the end to see those genuine looks of surprise. Hanging back the pale mare continued to give the young mare space to get to know the land and to refill her stomach before finally she turned and called out looking for someone to talk to. Walking forward quietly she wickered softly before approaching offering her muzzle in greeting. " How are you finding things?" She asked curiously wanting to make sure that she knew where everything was. "Did you have any questions I might be able to help you with?"

"Talk."
notes; So sorry for the late reply things have been a little hectic lately. Thanks for getting this up and hope you don't mind her dropping in again. <3
tag; @Kynareth
image credits
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Unregistered

Movement caught the plum eyes of the young mare and she turned to find Brisa walking toward her. An immediate smile curled her lips and she bumped the mare's muzzle gently as she offered it. "Brisa," she said softly in recognition. The friendly mare asked Kynareth if she was finding things alright and if she had any questions. Kynareth paused, humming softly, trying to think if she did. And sure enough, the young mare did have things she wanted to discuss. She sighed and hung her head. "I do not know who I am. I mean, I know only my name. I awoke this morning near the shore. And I wandered..." her voice was hushed and careful, not knowing how to tell someone she had no memories. She continued on anyway, "all I know is that I want to help protect. To fight for something, someone. I want to be a trusted and capable warrior and bring honor to the herd." Though she had no memories of her past or parents, she still had an itching desire to be a warrior. "I am young, I know this. I have much to learn but I want to start as soon as I can." She was proud of herself for knowing exactly what she wanted in her future. She had spoken so much already but she still had words. "If I can't be a warrior, I will weigh in the herd however you see fit," she stated confidently. She wasn't exactly sure if Brisa had political power within the herd but she was still too young to know anything of that. After the little mare was done talking, she smiled brightly, hoping she hadn't overwhelmed Brisa with all of her chatter. 

ooc; i am sorry it took so long, i had made a post previously and bumped the back button... lost it all. took me a little bit to regain some muse to try again. xD

she still had hope.

Listening intently as the white girl spoke she couldn't help start to feel a little worried about the her. Waking up on the beach with no recollection of who you were with the exception of your name was more than a little concerning. What if she had a concussion and that was the reason for the memory loss? That meant she could have some brain injury! Oh goodness lets hope that that was not the case. Scanning over her body real quick she looked for anything else that she was missing, cuts, bruises, wounds, anything. For her own sanity she was thankful that there was nothing too concerning in her brief physical but it was still the memory loss that was concerning her. "If you still can't remember you might want to consider seeing one of our healers just to be sure that nothing serious is going on." She suggested trying to be productive and helpful at the same time.

As the focus slowly shifted from the filly's lack of memory to aspirations to become a fighter someone might as well just keep her from bubble wrapping the poor girl. First a head injury and now wanting to become a fighter? What was she thinking? While she wanted to say something so badly she knew that the decision was not hers to make. If Kynareth wanted to protect those she cared about she had no right to try and stop her or tell her that she would not be any good just to satisfy her own mothering instinct that was trying to keep everyone out of harms way. Taking a breath to calm herself from blurting anything out that would be counter productive or offensive she allowed a moment to recollect her thoughts. "Well we do have a group of warriors that would be more than happy to help you in that goal." She replied kindly wanting to be helpful. Turning her head she let out a shrill whinny hoping to attract the attention of one mare in particular that did indeed kinda scare her but it was her only choice. Refocusing she smiled before trying to explain herself so she did not come across as crazier than she actually was. " Ktulu is our head warrior here in the Falls, I have called for her to see if she might be around to give you a better idea on how to go about getting to do what you want to do."

"Talk."
notes; Don't mind her worrying lol
tag; @Kynareth , @Ktulu
image credits
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu
the Constrictor
ideas are the bombs in your mind, a fissure in time
if you don't have a weapon you can't have mine

The armored mare's ears twitched at the shrill whinny that echoed through the Falls and beckoned her to move toward the one that called. She assumed automatically that she was being called forth because there was a newcomer that had wanted to meet with her. The last time she had been called upon it had been by Brisa because she had Ezital who had wanted to become a warrior. The boy had the drive but she doubted he had the skill yet at his young age. That, however, would be taken care of because she intended to spar him herself in the seasons to come in order to assess him more thoroughly.

As Ktulu approached it was hard to miss two white mares standing in waiting. "Brisa." She spoke the mason's name as she came to a stop several paces away from both mares. Several moments later Eytan was at her side, the helmet from the armor she wore hanging from his jaws as he sat beside her. "I assume you called for me because you have someone interested in becoming a warrior?" Her head tilted slightly as she looked from Brisa to the newcomer, her crimson eyes sweeping over the other mare's frame and it was shocking how much she looked like her own mother, if only far shorter than Soleil had been.

"I am Ktulu the Constrictor, Champion of the Hidden Falls along with Ciceron." The dark mare said. "Your name?" She inquired of the newcomer. Her expression remained impassive as she waited for the other mare's answer, but Eytan could feel his bonded's relief at possibly having another warrior to add to her dwindling ranks.

"."

Image Credits

@Kynareth @Brisa

Icon by Tay

Unregistered

Kynareth listened patiently as Brisa mentioned going to a healer to see if her memory loss wasn't serious. She pondered on this, considering it heavily. What if she could get her memories? Her eyes flickered to the ground at their hooves. Did she want her memories back? What if they were awful? What if it held importance? She licked her lips thoughtfully before looking back up at Brisa. "I really should see this healer. If I can get my memories back, it might help me become... me.. again." Her tone held hope and a degree of maturity that she hadn't shown yet.

As Brisa continued on about a group of warriors, she became a little bit more nervous. She would meet them and they would obviously be way more experienced than her. She was just a whelp. When Brisa whinnied for someone, Kynareth looked around slowly, searching for movement. Nerves fluttered in her being as she wondered who was being summoned. As though Brisa knew what she was thinking, she explained who she had summoned. A Ktulu, the head warrior of the Falls. Kynareth flipped her tail and looked around a bit for hastily. That was when her eyes caught the movement of a dark body, fair haired horse approaching them. Kyne swallowed, suddenly intimidated. The horned equine spoke to Brisa and a bear appeared by the creature's side. Okay, holy shit. Kynareth's ears pryed forward, her nostrils flaring softly. She took a step back and flipped her tail against her side nervously. As the equine spoke again, her eyes left the bear and settled on Ktulu. She knew that the bear was in company of Ktulu but it was still slightly unnerving. She managed to settle down a bit and re-took her step forward. As the dark unicorn spoke to Kynareth, she raised her head a little, wanting to straighten up as much as possible. When the mare inquired for Kyne's name, the white mare stepped a couple of paces closer. She responded quickly. "I am Kynareth." She stated it simply, not bothering the mare with unimportant chatter. It was obvious Kynareth was still a filly, her voice gaving away her youth if her small stature hadn't.

ooc; sorry! was away for Thanksgiving & then had to work Friday. >.>

@Brisa @Ktulu

she still had hope.

The grey mare was pleased to hear that her new friend was potentially considering seeking one of the healers to check her over. It would at least allow her to put that latest worry aside and concentrate on the biggest problem on her plate: Kaj. She still was not sure how to respond to their interactions and proclamations nevermind the fact that he had ran away from her after all was said and done. In her heart she could feel that the words they exchanged were true and faithful yet there was still reservations and the many what ifs. If only there was a big button she could press that would make everything work out in the end, that would make her happy and take away the stresses of life and love. Perhaps after all was said and done she would have to go track down Kaj and make him see what she saw in the pair of them together. If the feelings were true, and she believed them to be, things would work themselves out in the end.

"Our healers are wonderful and knowledgeable they will surely be able to help. I can help you if you would like to find them." She offered just before the chief decided to drop in on their little party. "Hello Ktulu." She replied gratefully bowing her head to her respectively. "That I do, Kynareth here has expressed interest in joining your ranks."

Glancing over to Kynareth she gave her a quick reassuring smile and a nod hoping that she would not be too intimidated by the mare and her companion. Ktulu was well... different from many of the others but she ran a tough act to follow when it came to her warriors. She respected her great abilities but was still slightly put off by the mare's brash attitude and ever so daunting companion. If she had a choice she would never want to go up against those two in a battle, not that she was one for the fighting anyway. The only time she had willingly joined in a battle would have been when that vile river monster had threatened to attack the herds. At that point her had had no other choice but to stand her ground to protect those she held dearest in her life, her babies who were really not babies anymore. She could fight but she doubted that her abilities even came close to those of the herd's warriors.

"Talk."
notes;
tag; @Kynareth , @Ktulu
image credits

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu
the Constrictor
ideas are the bombs in your mind, a fissure in time    if you don't have a weapon you can't have mine

Ktulu was wholly unaware of the impression she left on most of those that she interacted with within the borders of the Hidden Falls. She was who she was. She spoke matter of factly, was blunt, honest, and spoke her mind to those that were under her protection. It was her style of tough love to the herd that she had sworn her life to protect. To know that she was feared and intimidated those that she protected would be like a slap in her face because she would not physically harm any of them. Anyone who took the time to get to know her would know that under her brash exterior, pointed stares, and sharp tongue was a heart just as tender as anyone else's. So it was for the best that she remained oblivious to Brisa's feelings about her or she would begin to avoid the pale mare in an effort to make her more comfortable within the borders of their home.

"Thank you again, Brisa." She said to the mare who had returned for a second time with someone who wanted to join in the ranks of her warriors. Her eyes shifted from one pale figure to another as the newcomer introduced herself as Kynareth. She noticed that the new mare had taken a step back at Eytan's appearance and she took it upon herself to assure her that no harm would come to her. "Eytan is my companion." She stated. "He attacks only those who are a threat to me." Or who I tell him to.

"We assign seasonal patrols and spars that the warriors here are required to complete. They serve to strengthen the abilities of our warriors and form a sort of camaraderie between all of us. I will be calling upon you soon to assign you your spar partner and your patrol partner. Ciceron and myself will be holding a meeting for all of our warriors. Should you be serious in your endeavors you will be required to participate." She paused for a moment to watch and judge whatever reaction the newcomer might give to the onslaught of information before she lifted her head a bit higher. "Do you have any questions or concerns?"

"."

ooc://
welcome to the hidden falls! :D
the warriors are having a meeting here! you can go ahead and post there, i'll wait to post ktu until you do!

Image Credits

@Brisa @Kynareth

Icon by Tay

Unregistered

As Ktulu reassured Kynareth that the bear, Eytan, would not harm her, she relaxed slightly. She was no threat to Ktulu and therefore, she knew she was safe. Besides, the dark mare was the protector of the herd. Kynareth knew she was safe here now. As Ktulu spoke about the patrols and the spars, nerves began to rattle her senses again and she softly began to quiver. A meeting to have her sparing partner and her patrol partner assigned. It was beginning to get real but the last sentence is what fueled Kynareth. "Should you be serious in your endeavors you will be required to participate." Though she still quivered softly with nerves, excitement, and anxiety, she was ready for this. She would attend this meeting and then she would seek out a healer that could bring her memories back. And fix her confusion. Kynareth's mind was racing and trying to focus, most likely a symptom of being a foal still. As Ktulu asked if she had questions, she looked off to the side, trying to think of something. She couldn't come up with something so she shook her head and eyes met with Ktulu again. "Er, no ma'am. I will be there at the meeting." She tried to conceal the emotion in her words but it was hard. She was still quivering with nerves and excitement and she could barely contain it. She tried to not hold her breath in fear that Ktulu would notice if she hadn't already.

She turned her head and attention to Brisa and smiled, "once I return from this meeting, you will accompany me to a healer?" She'd grown fond of Brisa, starting to feel like the mare had become her mother-figure. It had been a long day and it hadn't started out very well. Waking on the beach to a strange land and no memories took a toll on a filly. She straightened, stifling a yawn the best that she could. She couldn't help it, she was officially exhausted and the sun was no longer visible. It had gone down only minutes ago. The first yawn had broken the flood gates and suddenly the two-year old could feel every ache in her body.

ooc; muse is getting betterrrr.. >.>

@Brisa @Ktulu