[PRIVATE] i'll cry until my pity party's in flames

Zenobia Posts: 61
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Athvadar :: Albino Grey Wolf :: None Semper
stitched you up with cotton and feathers
</style>

Thump.

All senses honed in on the loud beats that drummed through her body.

ThThump.

The world began to spin, colors blurring into the blue backdrop.

THthTHUmp.

She had to get closer to the ground. She had to..

thump.

Everything went black.

As soon as her consciousness was lost, the petite mare became nothing but dead weight. For a moment, she remained there as if suspended in time. There was no defying gravity, however, without the use of wings or magic. At the moment, she had access to neither. So she fell like an angel from the heavens.

Splash.

The loud sound of water being disrupted was carried by the wind. Her eyes opened from the force of the impact: already bruises were beginning to form on her right side. That was not what concerned that mare at that moment, though. Everywhere she looked she saw blue, her body tugged by a forceful current. This wasn't the blue she was used to seeing, this wasn't the sky.

Desperation crossed her face as she let out a terrified whinny. The girl had been made for flight, not for swimming. This water was far too deep and the waves far too unsettling. Endless blue began to fill her lungs as she cried for help.

She was going to die. Daddy, Mommy! Save me. But she was no longer a little foal to be watched all the time. The mare so driven on self-independence had pushed herself too far this time. She was still injured from the fight with the tigress yet she still wanted to feel the wind through her hair. Unfortunately, her electrified heart begged to differ.

Her nose broke through the surface as she tried to breathe in anything but water. Wings flailed through the water: all it resulted in was miserable splashes.

"Sun Lord.." Warriors were not supposed to die in such foolish ways, dammit. She was meant to die on the battlefield while fighting for her family. Who was going to be there for her younger siblings now? Who would be their maternal figure? Maybe she had never been meant for the job. No, she couldn't think that way.

With a renewed strength, she pushed her wings down and forced her head out of the water. "Help! she sputtered, unsure if anyone could help her.

ooc i don't know where this post even :I feel free to powerplay her in any way. this is lame i know
tag @Leliel

Image Credits
[Image: 573ea2c04723f]
please tag Zenobia in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Leliel Posts: 55
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 9
ali
leliel.

Muriel is gone.

Muriel is dead.

Why didn't you just lay down next to her and die, too? Its because you don't deserve to be anywhere near the corpse of the woman that you loved and didn't protect and you know it. She deserved so much better, so much more and while she fought so valiantly to protect the child she'd had with Gull you stayed quiet and kept the child quiet so the monster she fought wouldn't know she was there. You could have done more. You could have saved her. You could have fought and died in her place, but instead you let her and now her child is motherless and you don't even know where he's run off to.

Muriel would be so disappointed in you.

Ever since that night you've traveled all over Helovia, but you've never been back to that place where Muriel had been murdered and mutilated by the monster. Maybe you should go back and torment yourself a little more about how you didn't save her. But no. You avoid that place altogether and you end up at the beach where that mare Agrona had found you and told you that she'd help you find Muriel. What did you hope to find here? The same mare? Someone that would see you, the state you've let yourself get into, and take mercy on you and kill you?

The last thing you deserve is mercy.

"Help!"

The sound of the waves crashing into the shore is nearly deafening, but you can still hear a feminine voice calling for help. You heart flutters and for a moment you fool yourself into believing that its Muriel's voice you hear, but then the weight of her death crashes into you again and you gasp for air as if you're the one drowning.

The splashes that don't match the rhythm of the crashing waves draws you closer to the water, but you stop when you feel it lapping at your hooves. You wonder as you stand there if you can do this and why you should do this when you couldn't even save someone you loved. But she screams again and you find yourself moving without much conscious thought about what you're doing. You just follow the sound of her screams and her splashes until you finally find her, when when you do her flailing causes her to kick your chest and you grunt at her.

How can you save her? She's likely to drown you along with herself, but maybe you'd already known that. Maybe you were just hoping she'd be the one to sign your death certificate and end your miserably life.

"Stop!" You bark at her. "Stop struggling so much." You bite at her neck, hoping that you can bite and hold on so you can drag her back toward the shore and keep her head above the water at the same time. Somehow you managed to be going in somewhat the right direction. You're moving at an angle toward the beach, but you could be going further out into the ocean where you and the mare would both drown and it would be your fault.

Your heart is hammering in your chest by the time your hooves sink into sand beneath the waves and it is then that you finally let go of the mare's neck because you figure that she can walk the last few feet to the beach. You drag your skinny ass onto the beach and your sides heave as you struggle to catch your breath because you're so out of shape and not used to so much effort going into one particular task. Honestly, its a miracle that your body didn't give out on you and sentence you and her to death. "Are... you... okay...?" You ask between breaths as you gulp in air like a fish out of water.

"."
image credits!

@Zenobia

</style>

This was not how I envisioned I would leave the world. I had always pictured going out in a blaze of glory. Maybe even taking a few with me. My light would be extinguished by blood, not this water. At least, that's how I always imagined him. It's funny how people never want to talk about death. If they could read my thoughts, surely they'd be concerned and question why I've fantasized my day of doom so much.

Well the answer, my friends, is that no legends I have heard of ended with the hero dying of old age. No, they always went out with a bang. That's what I wanted to be: I wanted to carry a legacy of my own. Already I was strung along in my father's shadow, but that wasn't me. That wasn't what I had accomplished. One day, I had always sworn, people would know my name across the land for my own deeds.

But now I was slowly fading away, slowly seeing the face of Death himself. I wanted to lash out at Him, to defy his very presence. Yet my limbs were weighed down and all I could do was glare through a haze of desperation. This was it, wasn't it? Before I could even start to write my true story my pen would run out of ink.

The second wind that had filled me with so much life was beginning to deflate. Soon, I too would deflate and sink to the ocean floor. Would my father think I had abandoned the family again? Or would he know something was amiss? Would he even care? What of my siblings and my missing mother? Maybe it'd be better that they didn't know their daughter's pathetic death, claimed by the greedy hands of the currents.

My hope was wavering when I hit something hard with one of my hooves. "Stop!" I think I was still in shock from the crash and my oxygen deprived mind was beginning to play tricks on me, but then I heard the voice again. Only when I felt teeth grab onto my neck did I stop squirming. Either this was Death come to drag me away or, by some divine intervention, a caring soul had come to my aid.

I had never wanted to be a true princess; the one who was portrayed as a damsel in distress and always had to be rescued by a knight. At this moment, however, I wasn't complaining.

The feeling of sand beneath my hooves had never felt better. Relief became to fill my system as I instinctively coughed up the water that clogged my lungs. Sweet and precious air began to fill them instead. I was alive. Oh my gods, I was alive. Shakily I stood up, body swaying dangerously as I forced myself to the beach.

"Are... you... okay...?" His breathing was rapid like mine and, upon turning to face the male, he looked like absolute shit. The stallion did not look healthy, rather thin and frail. The fact that he had managed to find the strength to save me was truly amazing. "I could.." I coughed, "ask you the same question."

I didn't speak again until my breathing began to pace itself. "Thank you." The stranger had risked his life for me, I don't know how I was ever going to pay him back. However, as a warrior, he had my gratitude and I pledged right there and then that I would find a way.

ooc lel is too cute
tag @Leliel

Image Credits

Leliel Posts: 55
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 9
ali
leliel.

You feel when her hooves dig into the sand and she begins to support her own weight and you release your hold on her. Your thin neck aches from the effort of heaving the heavy mare back toward shore and the salt water stings the nicks and cuts on your legs that came from her flailing hooves, but you've felt worse. You've been through worse pains than salt in a cut. You barely hear her voice over your heart hammering in your ears and you realize as you stand there on trembling legs that what you did was completely reckless. In your weakened state she could have drowned you, but you're too apathetic about your own existence to care.

Muriel would have wanted you to save the drowning girl.

Muriel. Muriel. Muriel.

Can't you stop thinking about her for even a minute?

"Thank you." She says and you bite your tongue because you almost say to her that Muriel would have wanted you to, like she would care... like she would know who Muriel was and how she had made you better.

Your ears fall back against your head and you snort, salt water sprays on the ground at your blue hooves, not that you can see them anymore. "No problem." You mutter, even though she'd been nothing but a burden as you swam back to the beach.

What was she even doing? Why was she so far out?

You turn your scarred face in the direction the mare's voice had come from and you frown. "You shouldn't be out there if you can't swim." You gripe at the mare that you just rescued. "What were you thinking?" Of course if you weren't blind as a bat you could have seen her plunge from the sky and you would have known that something was wrong. You could have asked her about it, but instead you stand there on trembling legs, griping at a warrior mare who could easily beat you down and kill you right there on the beach.

Whatever. Like it really matters what happens to you in the end.

"."
image credits!

@Zenobia

</style>

As if throwing a hissyfit, as if it truly had wanted me to drown, my heart throbbed against my chest. I cursed my feeble body and my weak heart. Since birth, I had been "blessed" with this magic that sought to electrocute my dreams and see to it that they never come true. If I could be rid of this weakness I would purge it in a second.

Or would I?

At the same time, this health disorder caused by my own passive magic had been given to me by the Gods. After all, magic stemmed from them. There had to be a reason they put such stress on my small body. Perhaps it was just an obstacle.. as if I hadn't faced enough. Life was fucking hard, I bitterly admitted, so I saw no reason to add more ordeals to it. Already it was a struggle to keep up with the millions of family members I seemed to have. I sighed: guess I would just have to trust the Gods. Still..

I looked like a fool in front of this stallion, like one of those petty mares who cried out for the "big and tough stallions" to come rescue them. "Oh, Mr. Handsome, I'm in such grave danger. Save me." Dear lord. Simply thinking about it made me nauseous. I was not one of them. If he even so much as thought of that -

Oh, no. Wait. He simply thought of me as an idiot.

"Seriously?" My eyes instinctively narrowed into daggers as my nose scrunched up. "You act as if I wanted to turn into a fucking seahorse. Did you not see me drop from the skies? Is that not why your skinny ass rescued me?" I was about to go on, but that was when I saw it. The scars covering his eyes, the way his gaze didn't react to certain things.

"Oh." Shit. This man was blind. As if having to be saved wasn't bad enough, but now I was saved by a freaking blind dude! So much for Zenobia the Warrior Princess. Although.. if he truly was blind then why did he save me? How did he? Fuck. I felt like shit for the sharpness of my voice. Grumbling at a blind man who risked his life for mine.

I didn't comment on his blindness, however. He probably got that enough. Was his lack of vision why he looked like death? "Sorry.. I was flying when I lost consciousness. I guess I pushed myself too hard." My voice reflected the sheepish grin that had made its way to my face.

Geez, I had to work on showing my gratitude. Like I was seriously thankful but then I went and snapped at him because of his questions. Usually, I was so much better at interacting with a fellow horse. I'll.. I'll just blame the fact that I nearly died. Yeah, that was a good excuse. Hah - I can picture my mom frowning from wherever she is,.

ooc lolzenoplsstop
tag @Leliel

Image Credits