[OPEN] Garden Grays

Rift Posts: 43
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 5
Eris

This is something
All or nothing

RIFT

The earth here reminded him of the Veldt. 

His hooves sunk slightly into the loamy soil as he moved, carefully placing his steps around the few flowers that continued to bloom. He found himself admiring their strength, the steadfastness of something that could easily seem so fragile while continuing to rise forth from the earth again and again. Lowering his dished profile toward the earth, Rift brushed his lips over the grasses and blooms as he walked, love for the earth evident in his jeweled eyes. 

The sun did not weigh so heavily here in this verdant niche, though the golden tattoos that were cast down through branches provided motivation enough to stay out of the heat. Relaxing his wings so that they dragged at his sides, the scarlet stallion allowed himself to breathe easy; yes, this Helovia would offer the solace he had been searching for for so long. Yes, at last he could learn to live in peace with the universe in alignment. 

Reaching the lip of the pool, Rift did not plunge his maw in for a drink despite his thirst. No, instead, he took the time to gaze over the waters, attempting to imprint each and every detail into his memory. He would make sure that even if this land dried up and crumbled, it would live on faithfully in his mind's eye. A sigh was emitted from his lungs, stirring the waters ever so gently. 

As he watched the rippled grow, he felt the battered heart within his chest unclench. 

words: ### | tag:  @Faeanne c: | notes: daww
All force toward Rift is permitted, barring permanent injury and death. 
All non-aggressive contact is permitted. 
Please tag Rift in all replies!
xoxo

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind

An age had passed since the bronze had visited the Secret Grove. It was an area still mostly new to him, having only passed through it once or twice. His only memories of the green leafy trees were suprising Keidajen the coloured mare from across a pond, and slinking past lovers on his way to the Endless Blue.
Tilney found solace in these quiet trees though, it was why he had journeyed here in the first place. He had not seen Carlisle for at least three days now and as usual, he worried for her. Carlisle always found her way back to him, and he would always be left wondering how and why. Was it the birds and the trees? the animals? Did she as them for sightings of her older brother and take their direction to find him?

It was a strategy he now intended to use to find her. These past weeks since leaving the basin he had felt more lonely then ever. His marble stones carried him to the low-hanging branch of an oak and he stretched his nose up to speak to a busy grey shrike. "It's a beautiful day... caught anything nice to eat?" He spoke first, not wanting to boldly interrupt with his question. The small grey bird puffed his chest and danced down the branch, edging close to Tilneys nose, clearly wondering what on earth this bold stallion wanted. "I'm trying to find my sister. She's smaller then me, splashes of white on her coat, flowers on her antlers?" He would never get used to the animals not able to understand him in Helovia. 

Only a sigh could escape his blackened maw after that. He knew he would have to wait for her to find him. Tilney found himself for the first time in a long time quite cast down. His marble hooves dragged with each step he took between the flowers and he didn't watch keenly ahead as he normally did, and his ears only pricked when his verdent gaze caught the site of another scarlet stag. The stranger held a pondering gaze deep into the groves lake; it made Tilney uneasy at the thought of interrupting but he so dearly wanted to find Carlisle. The bronze cleared his throat, raising his head with confidence and murmured a soft "it's beautiful, isn't it... the water".

tilney
And Oh there is more to this life

@Rift

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Hidden Account
Eris
[quote='Rift' pid='160695' dateline='1448224612']

This is something
All or nothing

RIFT

With the sun shining from his celestial pedestal and the birdsong echoing over the waters, Rift hadn't suspected for another equine to arrive within the grove. At the sound of honeyed vocals, the lad slowly raised his head to find that his company consisted of an antlered stallion dipped in bronze. He nodded his head in a shallow bow, a grin growing upon his lips.

"Indeed, it is." He turned his lanky frame from the still surface of the pond and faced the newcomer fully, though he allowed his wings to remain hanging limply at his sides. Ruby eyes sparkling with mirth, Rift felt his heart swell with happiness; it had been such a long time since having met another stallion with friendly intentions that he almost forgot what it was like. "I'm Rift, are you a native Helovian?"

His eyes alighted on the glowing lamp that hung from the stranger's antlers, was he some sort of crafter? Was the lamp a mark of his rank? There were so many things that the sorrel brute didn't know about this new land, all he could do was hope against all odds that he wouldn't end up offending some high-ranking herd official or something of the like.

Flicking his tail and stretching his wings a bit as he waited for a reply, Rift let his eyes wander politely over the newcomer. He was well-built, with a musculature and definition that defied his genial manner. Shifting his weight to the left, the lad pondered what path that his new acquaintance may have followed throughout his life.

He hoped that would be a tale which the honey stallion would like to share.

words: ### | tag:  @Faeanne c: | notes: daww

@Tilney
xoxo

Just as Tilney hoped, the scarlet fellow replied without any annoyance to his tone. Perhaps he had found someone just as friendly as he; which was rare, Tilney found. His maw curled into a smile and he allowed his stones to step closer to the winged stranger, his eyes tracing ever so enviously over the feathered limbs. Tilney was a grateful being, never jealous of much except when it came to wings. Words could not describe how much this stag longed to fly. He wished to fly over tree tops, fly to heights deemed impossible for un-winged folk such as he.
The russet introduced himself. Rift. It seemed a fitting name for a brilliant pegasus such as he. The name was sharp off the tongue, quick and simple. "Rift! a great name" Tilney chanted, stepping closely in front of whom he considered a friend already. 

"I am Tilney" His barky crown was bowed in respect for the smaller stallion. The other was more nimble and jaded then he who was so tall and muscular. Heaviness and still learning what to do with his maturing bodice was one of Tilneys current downfalls; Growing four year olds often had embarrassing days. Tilney then recalled Rift quizzing him on his introduction and shook his lofty mane. Silly me was Tilneys only thought. "I am not native to Helovia, no" He began, words cool and friendly "The land I am from is far, far from here".

His nose turned towards the sky, thinking wistfully of his homeland. It had been so long. Briefly he wondered of his mother, his father and his sisters and brother. Where were they now? It was only then that he remembered the very reason he had ventured to the grove; Carlisle was still no where to be seen.
"Actually, I am looking for my sister. She's small and I worry for her... you wouldn't mind helping me locate her would you?"

tilney

@Rift

(PS. Go to Tilneys profile and read the bit about Carlisle in tilneys personality. Will clear some things up xD)

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Hidden Account
Eris

This is something
All or nothing

RIFT

He was met with kindness and for that, he was glad. 

The smile that curled at the golden stallion's lips further helped Rift relax; he was beginning to think that he had found a kindred spirit in the antlered gentleman. At the stranger's exclamation, Rift found himself grinning all the wider, he had never been complimented on anything other than his eyes before and that had only ever been by his mother. Mirroring his new companion's movements, the chestnut gent stepped closer and swung his body round so that he stood beside the man - Tilney, if his ears hadn't failed him - instead of before him. Almost without noticing himself doing it, Rift bumped the well-muscled rogue's shoulder with his soft nose, a gesture that he reserved for friends and closer acquaintances. 

Ah, so the jovial stallion was, like himself, borne of another country; yet another familiarity that the sun kissed gent offered. Nodding and listening to Tilney with an open expression, he felt a pang in his heart as his new companion mentioned a lost sister. Rift nodded enthusiastically and almost stumbled over his words, so quick was he to get them out, "Of course I will help you, friend!" He bumped the honeyed stag's shoulder yet again, gentler this time, "I have had lost sisters as well, I know how you must feel." His expression became clouded for a moment, pain flashing through his eyes before he collected himself, focusing on the matter at hand. 

"Would you describe her to me? I could sweep over the trees whilst you cover the ground."

words: ### | tag: c: | notes: BROS

@Tilney
xoxo

The other approached just as he did and soon they were stepping side by side. The playful bump to his shoulder sent a happy laugh from Tilneys maw. There was something so refreshing about meeting Rift, his heart was buzzing with happiness and anticipation. A feeling came to him that there were many adventures to be shared with his new friend. 
The others countenance mirrored his own and tilney could tell he must be thinking the same thing about how ind and friendly he was. So many other Helovian males were either intimidating or arrogant or a horrible mix of both. 

"oh, you will!?" Tilney cheered, his front feet dancing with excitement as his companion agreed to help him find his sister. "Thank you!" marble stones took him leaping forwards a few strides from the scarlet stag and he looked back, verdant eyes sparkling "She's smaller then you and I, her hide is a similar tone to mine. Splashes of white cover her and flowers twine through her antlers, her hair as well!"

"She also wears a green scarf but she looses it a lot" he laughed as he spoke, feet hardly able to keep still. With Rifts help i'll find her! "With you up above we'll find her in no time". Jealousy had hit him again. He wished he could just beat his wings and be right above the tree tops, out of anyone reach. Setting off, Tilney took to a soft lope to thread between trees, keeping an eye on the sky.

tilney

@Rift

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Hidden Account
Eris

This is something
All or nothing

RIFT

The laughter that spilled from his friend's maw was contagious and Rift felt his heart swell with joy. How long had it been since he had laughed without restraint? He had a sneaking suspicion that with Tilney at his side, he wouldn't have to ask that question any more. Casting a cheerful sidelong glance toward the honeyed gent, Rift listened carefully; small, splashes of white, antlers, flowers, often lost scarf, and by looking at his new found friend, beautiful. 

As Tilney's well-muscled form loped into the trees, Rift spread his wings. Eyes trained upon the eggshell blue of the sky, the scarlet stallion didn't bother with a starting sprint. One powerful down stroke, two, three, and four, he was off the ground, the muscles in his shoulders slipping below his skin with a practiced strength. As the earth dwindled beneath his slate hued hooves, Rift pushed forward over the treetops, flashing a grin at the shrunken form of Tilney cantering below. 

As his eyes roved the verdant grove, he made sure to keep track of his friends' golden form beneath, tracking him carefully as he scanned the earth for any form of trail. Deer trails attempted to trick him and birds flitted below to momentarily block his view, but skilled as he was in tracking down his own wayward sisters (blessed be their lost souls), he found his place again with relative ease. As long as Tilney remained below, a live version of who they were looking for, Rift had no doubt that they would find the antlered stag's sister.

Determination was a stubborn sort of pride. 

words: ### | tag: c: | notes: So really go however you would like with this, powerplay Rift doing stuff, losing track, whatever you'd like. If you'd like to end the thread, just lemme know, if not, WHATEVER CAN HAPPEN YEEHOOOOOOOO

@Tilney
xoxo