the Rift

[PRIVATE] Let The Fire Burn

Aeolus Posts: 100
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: 3 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Admitting that he could not fly had been much harder than the colt could have anticipated. While he had known the fact for months and each day he hated himself more for his failure the admission to another soul was one of the hardest things he could have thought possible. Mother had tried to assure him that there was many others his age that still didn't know how to take flight but when he looked around the only one he could see was himself. It was shameful to have such beautiful appendages wasted uselessly on someone such as him when there were others such as his mother who were never gifted with the power of flight. Why did he have such things that he could not use?

By the time the two stallions arrived somewhere quieter and more discrete the sun was just peaking overhead casting down the warm shadows of the afternoon. Stretching out his legs from the long walk the colt couldn't help but flop himself down in the cool grass and roll about to scratch the many annoyances he otherwise could not reach. Flopping back to his belly he lay there content waiting for his new friend Darwin to catch up with him. Ruffling his feathers as he waited he took to pulling a few long strands of grass from between the thick feathers, hardly something that a flying pegasus would have he sulked silently. Darwin must feel so bored having to walk along with him instead of taking to the skies like he normally would have. Spotting his friend he heaved himself up in one swift movement to trot over to Darwin with a playful toss of his head. "So what do you want to do now? He questioned hoping that Darwin wouldn't be sore at him for this whole walking adventure.

Aeolus Speaks
Aeolus Thinks

•• TAGS: @Darwin •• NOTES: Sorry its taken me so long to get this up for them XD ••

“The more you try to crush your true nature, the more it will control you. Be what you are. No one who really loves you will stop.”
Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]
Avatar 1 by Destrier Designs, Avatar 2 by BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**

Darwin Posts: 74
World's Edge Protector atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 4 Years (Ages in Birdsong) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Antaa :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix Skylark
I followed the little colt, eyes watching him as he traversed the land with such knowledge. Before I knew it, I had ended up in the Meadow with him. He had run off ahead but I paused. Taking a deep breath of the land in the gentle yet growing warmth of Tallsun. The dawn painted the meadow with such an array of colors that it had been quite beautiful. I, then, decided that I should probably pay some attention to the child and so I trudged on into the grasses before his head popped up. He ruffled some of his feathers and got up from laying in the grass. He trotted over to me and I just smiled to him, shrugging my shoulders, fanning my wings out in a bit of a proud manner. “Well, child, it has been quite some time since I’ve roamed these lands.” I said, a half chuckle escaping my lips before I moved past him and charged forward, spreading my wings out. I fanned the air between my feathers before I came to a stop and turned to face the colt.

I want to try something I haven’t tried in such a long time.” I called out to him before walking over about half way between him and I. I took a deep breath, closed my stone eyes and pushed that feeling of warmth that had settled into my chest. It spread out like spiderwebs across my body, a burning sensation that caused quite a bit of pain. I grunted against the pain, clenching my teeth until the feeling was over. It took a bit, I couldn’t move at this point. But when I opened my eyes, I fanned my wings forward to where I could see them. Fire crackled along my feathers and I was soon in a blaze of purely orange flames. Curiosity grew stronger in my head, I felt the painful sensation begin to die down, but I could still feel the almost ticklish sensation of the fire as it crackled against me. I wondered what I looked like now. Back when I was a foal, the only thing I could remember was my wings being laced with fire. Had I changed since then? Had it gotten more intense?

I angled my head down only to notice that I didn’t have four feet anymore, instead I was entirely a bird. I exhaled and screamed with a shriek of excitement before flapping my wings against the dawn air and pulling myself into the air. “What do you think, Aeolus?” I called out to him as I hovered higher, a bright ball of firey light in the sky. I looked down to him, curious what the boy would think.

"Talk."
the only problem with the story carved on your chest—
is it’s hard to read
when you’re missing your ribs.
image credits

@Aeolus , FIRST TIME USING THE MAGICS

Pixel by BronzeHalo @ Deviantart

Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Darwin, without killing him.
Please tag in every post!

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
unarchived per request
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

Aeolus Posts: 100
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: 3 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Watching his new friend take flight gave the boy a rather disappointed sinking feeling deep in his gut. He knew that there was no way that he could join him despite how much he wanted to, his wings just hated him. To his joy he watched as Darwin circles overhead before stating that he wanted to try something. Curiosity swept over the boy at the thought of what exactly he might be wanted to try. Was it a game? Or a trick? Surely it had to be something neat or why else did he want to show it off? So many possibilities sprang to mind that it had him excited even before anything actually happened.

Watching in complete awe as fire seemed to engulf Darwin's wings he couldn't seem to tear his eyes away. How? How were his wings not burning?!? He could shoot fire bolt thingy's but he couldn't make his wings be on fire, that was just too cool!

"How do you do that!?" He called still staring at the flaming pegasus like he was utterly the coolest thing that he had ever seen. Well in all honestly he was kinda the coolest thing that he had seen in quite a while. Mama could set herself on fire without it burning her but to fly with fire on your wings?! It was something that he wanted to learn to do if it was even possible.

Aeolus Speaks
Aeolus Thinks

•• TAGS: @Darwin •• NOTES: Sorry for such a long wait and for the shortness ••

“The more you try to crush your true nature, the more it will control you. Be what you are. No one who really loves you will stop.”
Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]
Avatar 1 by Destrier Designs, Avatar 2 by BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**