the Rift

[PRIVATE] i need serenity

Serenity Posts: 78
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 7 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Avis
you can't take the sky from me
When the confusion became too much, when the tension grew too great, she ran.
Running was her dearest ally.

Hidden away in the depths of the land she stored herself neatly and became nearly invisible; others passed and lungs paused their work until out of sight they were once more, avoiding any contact, disappearing into the boughs and tangling with the leaves because it was all she knew how to do. A violent storm swept her off whatever course she had been on and dumped her starry body in Helovia according to the two who managed to cross her path. They seemed to speak in riddles and know much more about herself than she did them, and it was with the insecurity and lack of faith in herself that saw her moving away, distance increasing between them, deeper into the woods she landed in. She didn’t look back.

The time betwixt then and where she was afterward left many thoughts rumbling through her already fragile mind, strange images of places and equines she didn’t remember ever meeting. But the two—Torliek and Ampere—left impressions upon her in such a way that tugged at an unfamiliar place within her. They behaved as if they knew her, and it wasn’t until her heart had settled back behind it’s bone cage that she felt as though she knew them too. But none of it was clear, the reflections of a past still muddy and incomprehensible. All she knew while tucked away from peering eyes was that she had titles of places and perhaps the growing desire to go search them out.

Covered by the limp vines and leaning trunks and shoots of bamboo she found herself quite immersed in the land laying around. She stood and shook the foliage clinging to her wings, wandering to stand beside the pool of crystal water where the only thing she recognized was her own image.
LINEART CREDIT

@Elsa

STARS FADING BUT I LINGER ON DEAR
STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS
(Please tag me in every post)

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa
I've cried, and you'd think I'd be better for it, but the sadness just sleeps, and it stays in my spine the rest of my life.

Erthe and Tembovu had both mentioned lands popping out of what seemed to be nowhere. Elsa vaguely remembers trying to fight off a new God, but was so distraught that all she could do was flee to calm down. It would be best for her to actually get to know these areas, considering she hadn’t visited them at all. So she made her journey toward threshold, and at the entrance, turned and walked south. Either she would hit beach, or a new land. Both were quite an adventure since the most exciting thing she could think of doing was sparring. And frankly, sparring was only fun at first. Afterward, exhaustion just consumes her mind and leaves her wanting to drift off to sleep for eternity. It also left a nice gift of soreness for her to wake up to in the morning.

Edgar flew overhead, preferring to take the sky while his companion walked. He never understood the draw that walking had, it was so boring when you can just flounce around in the clouds. So he was the first to spot the land, rising up in green walls of stiff flora. Elsa hadn’t seen anything like it before, and she paused, reaching out her nose to the bamboo. It pushed easily when she pressed her nose to it, but as soon as she released the pressure, the stalk came flying back at her face. It smacked against her muzzle before wiggling and coming to a stop. Edgar squawked with laughter, practically falling out of the sky as his giggles overwhelmed him. The anger and embarrassment radiated off of her as she shot him looks that could kill. But what was she going to do? Nothing, so Edgar continued to laugh his feathery ass off.

With a humph Elsa pushed her way through, leaving the bird in the dust in his fit of laughter. She tried her hardest to put as much distance between herself and him as possible, but of course, the damn birdbrain caught up. He jumped from stalk to stalk, until he spotted a “prettier mare”. Elsa’s eyes rolled, unwilling to deal with her “child’s” shenanigans. With a few more steps, she broke into a clearing, easily spotting the starry-coated mare. She’d at least be better company than Edgar. With a smile, she tried to grab her attention. ”Hello! I’ve never seen you around before, what’s your name?” She was mildly curious as to whom this mare was. She didn’t smell of any land in particular, but still had the subtle stench that Helovia imprinted on all of those who took refuge within it’s lands.

"talk"

image credits

@Serenity sorry for the wait!!
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Avis
Leaves lazily drifted down from somewhere around and landed pointedly on the surface of the water, disturbing the reflection of her deep blue face and sending ripples waving by. She of course knew what she looked like; it seemed the storm that stole her memories had left a sparse few, remembrances of a childhood in slavery, the unicorns who discriminated against those of her kind, running away to find a better path for herself. Some time after that there were bleary snippets of a land then foreign to her, one filled with demons and monsters intertwined with friendly faces, but the sights didn't last long and she found it difficult to try to pick apart the details and make any sense of what came bubbling up. She could only stand with a lowly hanging head and stare back at the stars spattering her coat as her chest heaved a sigh in disappointment. How long, she wondered, would she have to live in a place without any memory of being there before? What were to happen if another found her and began spinning tales of a related history?

Too swallowed by thoughts she had been and missed the warning sounds of someone approaching, so when a voice piped up with warmth laced between the words, her head snapped up and startled steps sent her back a couple paces. Initial sights made her relieved to find one with wings, as her own, fluttering heart ceasing its race and muscles relaxing once more. The girl's smile put one on her own lips, though much subtly as she became slightly embarrassed. She hadn't known where she ended up, the place she avoided any contact. It seemed complicated enough to traverse that one wouldn't happen upon it by chance, though she figured she herself had done just that.
"Hello..." Soft, eyes roaming to drink the white mare in, catching her companion in the process. "I am Serenity. I am sorry if I happened to disturb a place of yours, I am not quite knowledgeable on this area." Sheepish, her face tilted down as her neck bowed in apology, not sure what other information she was to give.

Her mind wandered once again as her golden gaze kept rather unsteady; was that mare part of the land she had supposedly come from as well? Had she any idea of where they were, or where to go, or where to send her? "Do you live here?" Lightweight and star-bright her voice carried over the distance, hoping the first equine she saw in months would be able to help her.
LINEART CREDIT

@Elsa

STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS

Elsa
I've cried, and you'd think I'd be better for it, but the sadness just sleeps, and it stays in my spine the rest of my life.

The girl of the night spoke sheepishly, as if she had done wrong. Glancing around, Elsa wasn’t quite sure why. As far as she knew, this land was unclaimed to anyone. She thought it to be part of the lands that no one will ever be able to tame. So Elsa let out a small laugh at the question of her living here. Hardly, these towering green reeds were anything but homey. Even if she had the choice to live here, Elsa would decline in the blink of an eye. ”No, I don’t. I live in the World’s Edge, which is actually quite a ways that way,” She said, motioning to the west. As nice as the Edge was, it was very secluded and quite a distance away from any of the lands. In essence, it was its own little land island. At least it had nice weather all the time.

Edgar peeped in his own hello, pushing Elsa to introduce him instead of musing on the lands. Lands were boring, and Edgar was very interesting according to himself. ”This is Edgar, and I am Elsa.” The bird lifted a wing in waved in his own tiny hello. The poor fellow thought he was going to grow to be a bird of prey. Unfortunately the little mister barely made it a foot in height. ”Do you live in one of the lands in Helovia?” She questioned. A mare like herself seemed a prime target for the prowling suitors that lived amongst the herds. Unfortunately, if she did live somewhere, it wasn’t in the Edge. Elsa suspected she may be a mare of the Throat, since that’s where all the uh… provocative ones go. Take Bucephalus and that creepy ass blue mare with lightening marks, for example. She seemed worth enough of that attention.

Edgar rolled around on her head, still begging to be the star of the show as he offered a beak-y smile to their new found friend. His dark blue eyes shifted constantly and he looked like a possessed toy doll. ”I have no idea what he is doing on my head, but seriously, if he’s creeping you out let me know,” she mumbled. For as social a bird he was, he still had the etiquette of a pig. And not even a smart pig, he was stupid pig. He was a pig who was dropped on his head, rolled from a truck, and used as a basketball. That’s how “fancy” he was.

"talk"

image credits

@Serenity

Avis
There had only been a feeling, some time ago when she had been found by Torleik and Ampere, that there happened to be truth to the words they spoke. If they knew her, however, she hadn't the slightest inkling how as she had no memory of them. It raised concerns of whether there were others like that, who had supposedly known her as well, and what she was to do about those. She couldn't simply pretend to remember faces that didn't exist, and perhaps it would be easier on everyone if she told the truth. Would anyone be able to help her if she did? Or would they have as little clue as she about her predicament?
It seemed that she at least had nothing to fuss over with the white girl though, for she gave no indication of meeting her before nor confirmation that she did indeed live where Serenity had trespassed. The mention of World's Edge gave her the same familiar recognition as she previously experienced before, except, following the pattern, she couldn't understand it. Instead of allowing it dissipate and letting her mind wander from the thought, she held onto it as she observed the pair before her.

The introductions were accepted with a nod for each name, corners of lips curving up further at the sight of the colorless bird seeking to make his own greeting. At Elsa's question, however, her face fell once again as thoughts threatened to take over her attention. Where she lived was there in the dense greenery, though she at least knew that place had individual lands others called home. Where she was then was apparently not one of them.
The concentration it took to keep herself in the moment instead of somewhere far off was quite obvious. The Edge had been mentioned and as she continued to think back to what the pegasus and unicorn mentioned before the feeling of something shooting up just under the surface of her consciousness reemerged. Something about Dragons. Something pertaining to where she used to live. But she faltered and couldn't form the entire idea. "I do not... I do not remember." Helpless, eyes looked only at Elsa in quiet desperation.

Edgar broke the growing tension with more antics of his, however, and relief spread out over her. The slight smile placed itself delicately back onto her lips, and she shook her darkened head to dismiss the concerns. "You do not need to worry, he is charming." The distraction was welcomed, as it allowed for time to pass when she did not have to explain anything. Did she even have anything to explain?
"What are the territories that make up this place, this 'Helovia'? Maybe it will all come back to mind..." Certainly strange she must have appeared but her choices were limited and she felt the urge to trust this stranger and her bird.
LINEART CREDIT

@Elsa

STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS

Elsa

Memories lost? That must suck. Where had she gone for all this time? Elsa looked sympathetically back towards Serenity. She seemed genuine and nice, relatively harmless compared to other Helovians. Which herd had let her go? They lost one of the few innocent souls left around here. Elsa nodded, and began to speak about each herd, and the general gist of them. ”I am from the World’s Edge, as I have mentioned. To the west of here, nice little forest and sits on a cliff overlooking the ocean. Quite beautiful. The goddess of the moon rules over us. The next is the Dragons Throat, which is to the south, which is ruled by Gaucho. Nice guy, but hella hot down there with the sun god and all.” Elsa smirked, nodding toward the south with a shrug. As much as she wanted to visit her children there, the heat oftentimes was unbearable. She would never understand how others took up residence there. ”Then there is the Hidden Falls, a bit to the North. Ruled by the God of Earth.” She shrugged, there really wasn’t much more for her to say about her previous home. She didn’t know about anything that went on there. ”Then there is the Aurora Basin to the north, but they are only unicorns, I would not suggest going there.” Her voice was serious, and she made a point to hold Serenity’s gaze. The last thing she needed was a missing eye or wing. Elsa took enough of that for all the pegasi here.

Edgar had settled down by now, looking over the starry-coated girl with wonder. He was jealous at the inherent beauty she had. He always had a tinge of jealousy when it came to other pegasi. As much as he loved Elsa, he wished he was bigger and be social like she could. He didn’t like how he couldn’t communicate with others as he did Elsa. Then he could attract all the ladies, because as a bird that’s shorter than most twigs, it was hard to pick up the ladies. ”Do you need any other help? I can’t imagine trying to get around here with minimal memories. I can at least get you to a herd where you can learn more and go from there.” She offered a warm smile again before falling silence. This world was intimidating naturally, and the last thing Elsa wanted to do was stress her out even more.

"talk"

image credits

@Serenity

Avis
As Elsa spoke, her words filled the starry mare up to the brim with a nostalgia that was pulled from a deep pit within her, a place she wouldn't ever be able to reach on her own (or even with aid?). She wouldn't remember her time there, amidst friends, following the calling of a crafter in the Dragon's Throat. The closeness with Ampere lost, the fondness for Torleik gone. But missing too were the reminders of the murders, the killings lost to her and all the reasons she left Helovia in the first place. She wouldn't feel guilty for leaving everyone behind, or curse herself for being a weak foal in the face of danger. The only concerns of her then were to re-find herself and establish her purpose: things that, comparatively, she could handle with greater simplicity.

At the mention of Dragon's Throat, gold-tipped ears swung forward and she hung on every word said. That was the place Ampere had told her of, the one she supposedly lived in before. Gaucho's name rang no bells of recognition, but the prospect of desert heat, however intriguing, was not something she cared much about. How had she chosen to live there before? Bringing up the Aurora Basin and their kind clearly held great meaning to the white, as she allowed their gaze to be held and a silent understanding passing between them. She was not very fond of unicorns as it was, her days as a slave to them still fresh in her mind, so it would not be a worry of hers to traverse their way to step foot in their territory.
Each land seemingly came with a god and it confused her even further. Yet she kept her mouth closed for the moment, swallowing what Elsa put in front of her and tried to digest everything carefully. Storing names to memories, along with their descriptions, she was desperate to not forget everything a second time.

Speaking again, the other winged and her companion filled Serenity with a great ease. She had been lucky to have only them stumble upon her in a place without escape; if it had been of the breed Elsa warned her about she wouldn't have known what else to do. She assumed the 'herd' would be the one from which the pair came, but she hadn't figured the need to doubt that intentions were true. "I..." She paused to take a breath, shaking her head of any lingering hesitation and sent out a shallow smile. "Your kindness is greatly appreciated. I would be honored to follow you."
LINEART CREDIT

@Elsa

you're welcome to either reply here or move this on over to the edge for their trek c;
<33

STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS