the Rift

[PRIVATE] I will haunt you like a ghost

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark
to die by your side,
A hushed silence grew over the land as daybreak bore upon me. The sun began to rise, showering the water of the Endless Blue into a bright array of colors. The same exact colors that fell on my pale and beaten pelt, illuminated me as a rainbow. The blues from the dark waters, the orange-yellow sky, all of it was picture perfect. I wondered to myself why on earth I had never visited this place before. Sighing to myself, I trudged onward, unsure of just what I wanted to do today. Probably nothing, as per usual. I never had an eventful life anymore. All I could remember were the eyes of the frightened children from the land before Helovia and the laugh from the older mare I had met in the Grove here, laughing at my appearance. It wasn’t something I was proud of. Nor was it something I could get away from.

I approached the waters edge, reaching my muzzle down and allowing the cold water to move effortlessly by it, my glassy eyes stared at my rippling appearance in the mirror-like liquid. Studying my scarring, the faked smile placed upon my lips. The broken off horn, a treasure I kept hidden within my tail, placed there carefully and paid much attention to. It was an event I never wanted to have to face again. And lifting my head, the water dripped slowly from my pale face, landing in the sand at my feet gently. A small sigh escaping my lips again, eyes watching the skies as the birds began to wake and take off in flight for the day. Chatting with one another in such a way that made me long for the one thing I missed most. Friendship. “Why couldn’t you have taken me?” I screamed at the skies. The voice I hardly used, now used for such harsh and guttural sounds against the roar of the tide. Shaking my head, I stepped back from the water, lowering my head. Defeated, finally admitting to myself that I wished I was rather dead than dealing with this horrible life.

"Talk."
—is such a
heavenly
way to die.
image credits

@Tilney, YAAAAS SO EXCITED.

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind

Light already filtering through the trees had begun to stir him. Dawn was among the blue. He had spent most of the previous day ambling from thistle meadow, slinking past lovers in the secret grove until he finally rested at the foot of two palms in the endless blue. 
When his eyelids finally flicked open he immediately searched for Carlisle - she had joined him on his brisk journey to the sea. Before he slept he can remember chasing his sister through the waves in the last of the cowering sun. His painted sibling was no where to be seen. 
stretching his bulky neck he shifted his long splashed legs out in front of him before pushing up, standing tall on his marble feet. 

Tilney had only fond memories of the beach. He could remember the brief summer he had spent with Byron, Carlisle and Aelfwine by the sea. The latter two were most likely too young to remember their desperate attempts to scale cliffs before the old mares from their herd came to scowl an growl while the former would have golden memories of that time. Byron was a stallion with such a connection to the sea; Carlisle was quite convinced he must of fallen in love with a kelpie or something. Byron was always found lurking by salty rocks and sand.

The bronzes thoughts began to drift away, memories dissapear from his gaze and replace with with the present when he heard a voice against the salty breeze. Bronze ears pricking, he turned his nose down the beach to find a grey mare chanting at the wind. Distressed she seemed, mane and tail fighting against her porcelain bodice to flow with the wind. 
He took a few stretching steps before he began on his way down the beach towards the grey. 
"are you alright?"  He whispered. Her ghostly, scarred and torn appearance didnt frighten him. In his short five years he had seen worse. "are you lost...?" .

tilney
And Oh there is more to this life

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Skylark
to die by your side,
As expected, the skies didn’t respond to me. They never did. Why would they? What did I have now that they wanted? They had everything that I had wanted. Even took my sisters wings from her when I was in line next for a set myself. I was both bitter and thankful at the idea of such a feat. But instead, I shook my head again, pushing my pale eyelids open against the scarring and against the blue of my eyes in the wind that met my face. Perhaps this was the best I’d get from such selfish gods. Then again, the Helovian Gods weren’t to blame for this, but surely my gods had to be up there somewhere too, right? I inhaled sharply, ready to scream at the skies again, inhaling the forceful wind that slapped against my pelt.

Are you alright? Are you lost?

I exhaled that large amount of air I had gulped up immediately before turning to face the creature that spoke. He was larger than I, a beautiful caramel color adorned with pristine white and antlers in perfect condition. A lantern hung from one of the prongs, vibrating against the bark color of his horns. “why are you looking at me?” I thought to myself, shuffling my feet in an almost embarrassed way. I thought I had checked for anyone nearby. Apparently I was wrong. Instead, I let my eyes fall on this magnificent stag, possibly catching his vibrant green gaze before I broke the connection when I shook my head. “No, my dear. I’m not lost.” My voice cracked slightly with the wear of the screaming and of – well, not speaking at all. “I’m sorry you witnessed that, I’m not usually like that. I’m Glasgow, of the World’s Edge. Where are you coming from?” I questioned gently, offering him a small smile even when every part of my being felt like tossing myself into the waves and drowning myself. However, I figured it would be polite to not put the caramel beauty as witness to that.

"Talk."
—is such a
heavenly
way to die.
image credits

@Tilney

As he approached he noticed her curl up, pull all the air around her into her lungs as if he was about ot shout once again and so he stopped steadily on his haunches. But finally he had caughter her gaze and that same gasp of air was released.  "Oh, I didn't mean to startle you!" was all he could think to say. He hoped he hadn't annoyed her. "No, My Dear. I'm not lost" was her careful response.
Next the smaller fae introduced herself. Glasgow. it was a precious name; It reminded him of lights, he wasn't sure why. 

Though a deep jagged scar kept her dainty face in a gruesome smile, he could see the natural curl of her lips; she was smiling towards him kindly. His look of concern turned to his usual friendly countenance. "I am Tilney" the brute responded. "I once haled from the Basin, though I haven't been back for a long time... Things may have changed. I travel a lot you see" he whistled cheerfully, though the thought of not having a home like he once did in the basin saddened him. His stay there was so short; perhaps he could find something more permanent. 

"Are you sure you're alright?" The gold stag whispered. If she wanted him to forget he'd ever seen her cursing at the sky he would, but first he would make sure she was alright and not in any dispair.

@Glasgow

tilney

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Skylark
to die by your side,
My glazed over eyes watched him carefully, but not in a frightened way, but more curiously. He spoke to me, telling me he didn’t mean to startle me. As the wind whipped against my body again, I only shook my head to him gently. “You’re fine. I just wasn’t expecting anyone up this early other than me.” I bobbed my head as if agreeing with myself, yet also arguing with myself internally at how I could’ve been at least a bit more careful and not woken him up. But that time was over now, I couldn’t change what I had done. It’s not like it was even a serious matter – but every small thing I messed up, sat in my stomach in a pit of regret that I always remembered. Like showing my face near those foals.

I was quickly distracted from my thoughts as he spoke again. His voice was gentle for a creature that looked so strong and swift as he. He said his name was Tilney and I nodded to him, offering him another haphazard smile. He spoke of the Basin and I couldn’t help but to remember hearing of such a place. The mountainous terrain and cold sounded damn near deadly for a creature like me. I began to be pleased with my choice of the Edge though, remembering the white mare that had shown me such kindness. When he finished, I glanced over to the painted waves that were alive with color, before turning my deathly gaze to the creature that looked like he could have come from a fairytale. “Ah, I travel a lot too, Tilney.” And with that, a genuine smile. Perhaps he was a creature that could appreciate such endeavors. Perhaps he could be a friend.

He then asked if I was alright again and I only nodded, a small laugh passing my lips. A feeling of joy vibrating in my chest that I hadn’t felt in many years. It felt odd, a nearly painful sensation of feeling again. “Yes, friend. I’m fine. I’ve just been through a lot. You say you haven’t been back to the Basin in quite some time. I’m not sure how things are going there for you, but the Edge is fairly close if perhaps you’d like to join me on an adventure back there? You might like it.” I said gently to him, stepping forward in strong strides to get closer to him. I stopped when I was within reaching distance of the stag, eyes looking up to catch his green ones. I reached out gently with my grayed muzzle, hoping to feel the warmth and life of another creature I could consider someone I could talk to. “I hope you don’t mind me calling you a friend…” I trailed off slightly, voice growing more hushed and quiet.

"Talk."
—is such a
heavenly
way to die.
image credits

@Tilney

His gave on her was careful and sure; he watched her glassy eyes for any emotion. Naturally he was gifted with a lot of empathy but this soul was hard to figure. Troubled and torn she was. Glasgow mentioned she didnt expect anyone to be up as early as she was and he laughed softly. He was up as soon as the suns first rays graced the land, and he slept as soon as it left. Tilney relied on the sun for more then just the nourishment it provided nature and the grass he ate; his whole liveliness evolved around the sun. Without a light he was left dead blind.

Thought wondered to her land. She was from the Edge, a place he sadly had never been nor heard much about. He hoped perhaps she would tell him about it. Glasgow chirped to him about how she too travelled and a wide smile crossed his muzzle. "I just love exploring, don't you?" he cheered, his two front feet dancing with excitement before crashing back into the pale sand.

The grey answered his query and his smile stuck. He could tell she was upset, but his company seemed to be cheering her. The offer came of accompanying her to the Edge, and nothing could excite him more. "I would love nothing more!" he chanted, his two front hooves again clapping against the sand in excitement. When the fae stepped forwards, he stood tall, smile reaching high up his cheeks. 
"I hope you dont mind me calling you a friend...."
It almost sounded as though she was asking permission to be his friend and it startled him slightly.
"Of course I dont mind!" He turned on his haunches, gently nipping the crest of her neck as he swept past her and bolted off in whatever direction he sensed the edge was (which was likely the opposite to where they should be going.) 
"come on Glasgow!" 

tilney

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Skylark
to die by your side,
He grew excited as I expressed my love of travels as well. His huge movement nearly startled me, his hooves landing in the soft sand sent a small spray of it onto my legs. I smiled to him, a genuine one. A smile I hadn’t felt to be so pure in such a long time. And it stayed on my scarred face as he said he’d love nothing more and did his little excited dance again. The wind blowing my mane gently along with the movement from the creature. He spoke of wishing to see the Edge and I bobbed my head with him as he then stood tall. My heart yearned for him and his seeming innocence as he spoke of me not minding that I called him friend.

Is this what it meant to have friends? I reared back gently on my old haunches as he turned on his and nipped my neck slightly. I laughed gently before calling out to him. “Tilney, it’s this way!” I smiled, offering him a bright smile. Something I hadn’t done in so long. The movement from my bones as my legs collided with the sand once more as I bolted off in a slightly different direction than he had headed. I paused in my step though, allowing him to catch up but knowing full well that his size and strength would be able to pull him along faster than I could. My age was starting to show due to my brutal past. I wasn’t really that old, but I definitely looked the part. I paused for a few moments, the colors illuminating the palms that fell along the edge of the sands before the grasses met my hooves. I turned back to look for him before pausing and slowing my pace to a trot. “Forgive me, I won’t be able to run the entire way there” I said, broken between nearly gasping for air. It had been so long since I’ve actually ran that the feeling was nearly uncomfortable for me. But boy was I excited to have a friend. “Oh, and exploring is really quite fun. Is there anything else you like to do?” I asked gently, smiling to him behind bashful glazed eyes.

"Talk."
—is such a
heavenly
way to die.
image credits

@Tilney

Glasgows musical voice rang in his audits; He had gone the wrong way. A bellowed laugh escaped his ribs and he softly turned, flicking his mane and shaking his head with the breeze. It only took a few strides to catch up to the much smaller mare. Shortening his lopes he could easily canter beside her, verdent eyes eagerly watching the trees ahead. He darted beside her between trees and over brush until his lungs began to ache, and looking ot the small mare he could see she too was struggling. Breathlessly he laughed, shaking out his mane once again before he slowed to a gentle walking pace.
"dont worry!" he laughed, gaze finding hers  "there's no way I can run all the way either" .

He was breathless, and the initial excitement was leaving him. Now he would relax and enjoy the trek to the Edge. Glasgow had asked him what else he enjoyed and he went deep into thought. So many things. "I love listening to the birds" he began. ""I love to climb to see views, I love to swim... lots of things!"

tilney

@Glasgow

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Skylark
to die by your side,
In my moments of refuge, I heard and felt the thundering of his hooves as he caught up to me. He laughed to me and I couldn’t help but to offer a beaming smile to him. This was so nice, such a feeling that I hadn’t had in so many years. Something I didn’t really know how to handle and I began to quickly wonder if this feeling would last forever or if it would die out as all things did in life. Turning my eyes up to him, catching his green gaze, I looked back with a slight amount of envy at such a beautiful life. He said he couldn’t run the entire way either and I nodded to him, broken porcelain head bobbing to him eagerly and pleasantly. “Oh good.” I let a gentle laugh escape my maw.

I worked on catching my breath where it appeared that he was doing the same before he turned his attention to me again based off of my question. He liked to listen to the birds and swimming and climbing, many things I had stopped doing since my bones grew achy. “Those are quite wonderful things. Especially when you’ve been climbing in the thick of the forest only to emerge at the top. Such a breathtaking view can come from those little adventures.” I beamed to him, excited to speak of such adventures. “Back where I came from, I used to be a diplomat. My entire job was to go on adventures and meet different creatures from all over. I have seen many beautiful pieces of architecture and everything from the ocean to the mists of the mountains. Each moment I wouldn’t give up for the world. What kind of things do you remember best?” I asked him gently, curious as to what his green loving gaze had cast upon. I turned my head from him, making sure I was picking the correct direction before I weaved my way through a few different trees and bushes away from the Endless Blue and along the side toward the Edge.

"Talk."
—is such a
heavenly
way to die.
image credits

@Tilney

The tainted fae began to tell him of her time as a diplomat, travelling far and wide. "I can't imagine the things you would have seen!" he bronze cheered. Helovia had brought him a challenging, wild yet inconceivably beautiful landscape and he hadn't thought to explore out of its borders until his cloven hooves had touched every rock, leaf and stream. There was so much to do and see. For so long Tilney had wished to see the horizon from a cliff at the worlds edge,  drink form the oasis in the dragons throat and climb up to the heavenly fields. 

"can you tell me about the edge?" he whispered, shaking his lofty antlers in anticipation. The old rusted lantern swayed from its rung on his barky headpiece, creaking and moaning. "I hope they don't mind my sister and I coming to stay! speaking of-" Tilney paused in his step to turn his nose, checking the trees around him "...my sister....". He still had not seen her since he woke. "She does this often... she'll disappear and pop up somewhere after a few days or weeks" A bellowing laugh escaped his chest as he spoke; he only ever had fond words for his silly sister.

tilney

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Skylark
to die by your side,
I watched him gently while still trying to find my paths through to home. Turning my heavily scarred head to him to face him, I smiled. I had seen some wonderful things and some terrible things. But the good nearly always outdid the bad, and I was beginning to notice those signs here while I spoke with the caramel creature beside me. He seemed so vivid and full of life that it was beginning to tear my mind brutally from the endeavors I often experienced. It was relieving to not be swarmed by my memories and terrible feelings of the simple way of how I looked. I nodded to him, but said nothing until he asked of the Edge. A place which I knew a thing or two about.

I stepped over a small tree that had fallen due to the small windstorms that passed through the land now and then before I turned my glassy gaze onto Tilney. He spoke of his sister and I glanced around briefly before my eyes fell onto him once more. “I’m sure she’ll find us. The Edge, however, is beautiful. Large steeping cliffs falling deeply into the crashing waves below. We’re nestled in the thick of a huge forest, hidden away by anyone we don’t particularly want to see. I really can’t imagine a more beautiful place to live.” I admitted to him, happily and broad. Straight forward as could be. “We just recently got a new King of the land and a few more faces I haven’t seen before. There was a meeting not too long ago that went over the ranks. Ophelia is there, I’m not sure if you know her or not. She’s the one who recruited me from the Threshold. I’m sure you remember that place.” I said gently, amazed at how much I had spoken with this creature when I the past few months and seasons I had barely uttered a word.

"Talk."
—is such a
heavenly
way to die.
image credits

@Tilney

"she always finds her way back to me somehow" Tilney uttered, rolling his eyes slightly. he really didnt know how she did it. She could always find him. He assumed it was the connection she had with the birds and the animals that got her the information to his whereabouts. 
Glasgow began to describe the worlds edge and the smile on his face grew. it sounded perfect. "Oh, it sounds wonderful. I always feel quite at home in the woods".
The woods with a view of the ocean though was even better.

His silver companion next spoke of their new king and some unfamiliar recruits; he wondered if any of his acquaintance would be there. and oh, Ophelia was there? "Lady Ophelia?" He queried. The last he had seen of the white queen was long ago at the basin in a friendly spar; He wondered why she had journeyed so far to the edge. 

And what of the basin? who was their lady now? and what of Arah? His first friend in this wide new world. While his wanderlust kept him away from home out exploring, he could shyly admit to himself that Arah was a reason he ever crept back to the cold icy Aurora Basin. Where was she now? Birdsong had passed and yet he had not seen his snow-coloured friend.

tilney

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎