the Rift

[PRIVATE] Warm bodies in the warm nights.

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

The sun had sunk and night now claimed the land in it's dark embrace. She'd not long been a member of The Edge when the desire to once again wonder into the wilds claimed her. The doe was dressed in her usual attire; a ruby pendant hanging around her neck, a metal acorn charm sitting beside it and a bright red and black feather attached to a few hairs behind her left ear. The white and golden griffin glided along beside her, now far too large to actually lay upon her shoulders or withers. As she wondered through the dark Thistle Meadow a tune wove it's way out of her lips and spread across the land. It was a much happier tune than she was used to humming. Perhaps things really where looking up for her, perhaps she ought to begin the hunt for the winged mare who attempted to steal her possessions one night.

The doe was not angry, she'd lived through far to much pain and hardship to truly feel slighted by an other's attempt to steal away a possession of hers. No, she merely wished to warn the mare. No longer was she a part of the wilds, now she had officially joined The Edge and the silver doe highly doubted they would appreciate one of it's member's items being stolen. Still, the doe pondered as she wove her way through the meadow, as one who had stolen things from others perhaps she ought to give me mare a few tips about stealing successfully. The thought made her chuckle.

Turning to face the direction in which The Edge lay, Arah smiled softly. "Our new home is pretty, no?" She spoke softly to Wynter. In response her companion merely landed beside her and gazed in the same direction. Then, after ruffling her feathers, the griffin turned and strolled away as if completely unimpressed by the sight. Chuckling Arah also turned and allowed her pale companion to lead her further into the night.

Arah
I hope all will be well. 
We must be patient; but I cannot choose but weep to think they would lay him i' th' cold ground.

@Mesec - I suck at starting posts.
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
Fight the darkness,
It lives inside your heart,
It's not your fault my dear son,
It is simply your past.

Although he was getting used to the heat that descended on the Throat during Tallsun, Mesec still occasionally felt the need to escape and cool down throughout the season. Lucius appreciated the change in scenery too - he liked the variety of prey that the different lands in Helovia offered. Sometimes in the heat the ones that were offered in their home just got so small and chewy. Now he had gotten the chance to hunt and was completely satisfied, perched on Mesec’s wings and swaying comfortably with the movements of his slow gait. They were a matching glowing pair - Mesec’s eyes and silver accents softly illuminated and the shining moon on Lucius’s back perfectly matching that which was rising slowly in the sky above the trees.

Their wandering was aimless, there not being any real business that they had in the Wilds. Part of him wondered if there was anything else that they needed to be keeping an eye on - the world of Helovia had recently become so much larger.  New lands, new gods, new faces. Now that his mother was back, how was that going to affect them? He wondered how many of those that had come to the fight in the Labyrinth had gone to apologize to her, wondered how hard that must have been for them.

With his mind elsewhere, it took a quick nip from Lucius to alert him to the fact that there was someone else ahead. If Mesec and his companion were a perfect pair of black and silver, the pair ahead of them was soft gold and white. They were striking in the quiet of the Tallsun evening - and even in the dim light the antlered mare seemed… familiar. It was a distant memory, something from his foalhood. “Hello.” His voice gently broke through the air as he moved closer, hopefully not too lost among the other nighttime noises. Lucius eyed the griffin with interest - he had never seen one of them before - but Mesec’s silver eyes were on the mare. “I’m sorry if this sounds rude but… have we met before?” Mesec was fairly certain but he was having trouble finding a name to go along with the face and it was raising some questions.

Mesec
Image Credits
table by Frostie
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times