the Rift

[OPEN] beside the lions and the ladies (Welcoming)

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark
to die by your side,
I nodded to him as he spoke of his sister. Two beautiful creatures that could possibly be considered friends? Tilney was more accepting than I had ever imagined another fellow equine to be when it came to, well, me. I only nodded and bounded along through the trees even more. “I’m not sure if she’s a Lady, but there was another golden stag that met me in the Threshold and there seemed to be something strange between them. She never told me what. But she lives in the Edge, she’s our head Sneak.” I offered him another small smile before continuing on.

The journey was long and tough on my bones as every extravagant adventure was for me. Though the companionship of Tilney and his bright cheery words made everything seem right in my world. Anything I could say, he had a comment about. It was wonderful! And even that little lantern that constantly made its presence known on his barky crown just seemed to add to the aesthetic of what a warm friendship he offered. Before long, we were on the outskirts of the Edge. Turning my tattered and beaten face to him, I offered him a gentle smile. “This is the Edge. Though, be careful. There’s little shards of glass around here that our Glaziers have been working diligently to clean.” I said softly, stepping over a large shard that stuck out of the ground. When I came to a small clearing, I caught my breath briefly before looking to where the herd more than likely was. “My King, I have brought someone seeking a home!” I called out across the land. A more gentle sound that collapsed along the cliffs than the partial screech I had given to the ocean when Tilney first found me. And then I waited, patiently, for someone to come.

"Talk."
—is such a
heavenly
way to die.
image credits

@Tilney @Arah @Tembovu , sorry its short :|

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind

Their trek took them mostly through forests, keeping the coastline close. Breeze lapping at his field of a mane, tails end chasing his lofty strides between trees. Glasgow seemed so happy to have company and he was relieved to not be a nuisance to her like he felt he was to others. Together they journeyed merrily to her home in search of a home for himself. He did hope they had room for two; He wouldn't feel comfortable staying at all if Carlisle couldn't come too... thats if she did end up following him here. She was still no where to be seen. "She's shy, my sister" Tilney explained to his companion "I'm sorry she couldn't accompany us, you would like her!"

And with that, the duo ambled quietly past the Edge's boarder. Glasgow announced their arrival, and also extended a warning. Glass? Why? he wondered and wished to ask, but he was quite in awe of the incredible, towering trees that surrounded them. The ashen fae called to the king and the pit of Tilneys stomach began to turn; I hope he doesn't mind me coming to stay.

His feet scratched the damp ground as he anxiously waited for the king. A verdent gaze twitched from Glasgow to the monstrous trees surrounding him. "Thankyou for showing me here Glasgow" His bellow was soft and happy, his gaze kind and earnest."Do you think the King would be interested in my experience with medicine? I should like to continue that path here if it pleases him" 

"however... if the king decides there is no room for me, I do hope I could come and visit you? I have a feeling there are many more adventures waiting for us to share!"

tilney
And Oh there is more to this life

@Arah @Glasgow @Tembovu

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

:: Arah ::

“Why are we always in such a rush?” Wynter paused and turned to face her mistress. Something fished across the griffin’s eyes and annoyance burned through their bond. Arah planted her hooves into the forest floor and simply waited for the griffin to explain her rush and why it involved Arah. “Just a leanúint.” Sighing the doe began to follow her companion once again, weaving her way through the (still very unfamiliar) forest. Finally they arrived upon the Glass wall, even in it’s deteriorating state it was still beautiful. They way it glimmered in the sun, it was a beautiful shimmering upon The Edge’s floor. Bending down she peered at a piece shaped like a heart. Laughing she only looked up when Wynter urged her on further. Huffing she glanced at the prettily shaped glass for a moment longer than followed her griffin.

Two figures formed in the distance and a smugness blurred through the bond. The doe’s eyes focused on the figures as they came into focus. Then she came to a complete stop. “Tilney?” Heart rate picking up and a smile already curling the corners of her chops. Still weary of the glass she now hurried over to the golden stag, both excitement and nervousness swirled in her stomach. Desperate to see him close up, make sure he was unharmed and honestly just to be near him again. After leaving the Basin she was concerned about what would become of him, would his wonderful spirit be broken by the harsher climate? Yet here he was! Seemingly uninjured and rather pleased with his surroundings.

“Tilney!" The silver doe hurried up to him, emotion was in the driving seat as she sidled up beside the stag. Should he allow it, she firstly gently nipped at the side of his thick, strong neck before tucking her head under neath his and sighing, seemingly in content. Relief was through her to see someone that she thought herself responsible for, someone she cared about, safe and sound. Pulling away she studied him, inspecting him close up. When she was happy that no damage marred him she turned to the next pressing question - What on earth was he doing here?

Had he left The Basin? Surely he hadn't come here seeking her, that thought was a little too self-involved for Arah's liking. Perhaps he'd left The Basin and arrived here purely on chance. Or was it merely a social call and he'd bee returning to the frozen North later on? (Arah had missed the call about someone who'd come seeking a new home). Had this other mare - pale with bloody stains and a broken horn found him. It was to this new mare that she spoke too now. "I don't believe we've met." A respectful nod of her crowned head, both in greeting and thanks for taking care of her friend. Her hymn is gentle and calm, portraying none of her rushing feelings. "I'm Arah, new to The Edge." A warm smile for the mare which turned into a beam as she glanced towards her antlered friend. He looked so good! The silver doe was more than pleased to see him here! Of all the places! "I didn't catch your name?" She hurried of the mare, curious as to who she had to thank.

You are my refuge and I need you to see;
The only one I let down more than you is me.
Image Credits
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu
“My King, I have brought someone seeking a home!” The words of a vaguely familiar voice float through the mists into the resting ears of the Elephant. They twitch as one, blue eye opens, peering at his surroundings. His colossal form is down, thick legs tucked beneath his black-marked barrel. His head stirs, muzzle lifting from the grass as he fully opens his eyes, ears swiveling to pinpoint the source of the call while eyes blink rapidly in accommodation of the light.

Though he recognized the voice, he could not say exactly who it belonged to. With a small groan and a great shaking of earth, he heaved his heavy body to his hooves. A rough snort and shake sent particles of grass and dirt flying from his wiry coat. Duty called.

To further wake himself, he began a slow jog in place of a walk to approach the calling equines. It made quick work of the distance as he threaded through the trunks, finally approaching the glass-speckled ground that marked the border of the Edge. He had thought he, Alysanne, and Anzanie had cleaned the glass. Though it seemed that they only remove the large pieces, for everywhere he turned more fields of small shards met his eyes.

Ignoring the small annoyance, he rose his gaze from the glass razors to the mares and stallion who stood just inside them. “Glasgow,” he nods slightly in greeting as he finally is able to place a face to the calling voice. Perhaps now he would be able to remember it.

The other two unicorns were impressively antlered— and the King found that he was growing envious of such extraordinary racks the more he encountered them in Helovia. Naturally he recognized the slender and beautiful form of Arah, who delightedly seemed in much better spirits and health than when she first arrived to the Edge.

He did not recognize third equine— though it was apparent that Arah did, as she nipped and tucked herself securely beneath his own, tree-marked neck. He was surprised by brief flare of jealous that hit his barrel. He had met the beautiful mare only once, how could he be possessive of her affections? Perhaps a broken heart had made him reckless and quick with his attachments.

Fighting the urge to pin his ears in irritation at himself, he simply greeted the lovely, pale mare with a dip of his great ebony horn. He then turned his dark blue stare to ‘Tilney,’ as Arah had called him. Curiosity entered their expressive depths as studies the lantern hanging from the tines, “That’s quite the useful beacon, my finely antlered friend.” A small, lopsided smile turned the corners of his thick lips up.

“I am Tembovu, King of the Edge,” his low voice rumbled as he slowly, which each syllable, become more comfortable introducing himself as such, “And I don’t think there will be a day when we turn a healer away from our herd.” A true grin crosses his pale muzzle, “So I welcome you to the Edge. But, tell me, is there a reason you seek to join us?”

@Glasgow @Tilney

Please tag Tembovu.

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
Eventide is softly casting o'er the earth a magic spell,
And a love-song, everlasting, on the night wind seems to swell.

The World's Edge had room for many, and yet for all that the mist-veiled expanse was large, no gathering seemed to go unnoticed by any who wished to find them. Lately, Erthë felt like the only thing she had done was to exchange welcomes and greetings with strangers. By rights she should be growing tired of it - the stiff-legged tip-toeing around what was private and what was polite, of balancing along the razor sharp edge dividing reasonable familiarity and cheek. Not that she really cared what a stranger thought of her. It was just that hope of newcomers growing to be something more than that, of tying bonds and forging connections that went deeper than recognizing a name or face.

Like with Tembovu, for example. Mere chance had brought them together, during a time when she hadn't even been part of this herd. Now there was hardly a day passed when she hadn't seen his face, heard his voice or at least touched upon his memory in drifting thought. Without even trying the Elephantine king had nestled his way into her life until his visage was as familiar as, if not more than, her own father's. And it was with similarly familiar, effortless affection she arrived at the small gathering and nestled herself in by his side, knowing herself welcome without even asking.

"Welcome to the Edge. I'm Erthë - it's nice to meet you all" she said softly, simple words given depth by the warm sincerity that always seemed to emanate from the young fae. Small as she was, lanky and lithe and limping from old bone-breaks, there was intelligence in her pale eyes and a maturity that aged her beyond years. Somehow she managed to be graceful even as her gaze darted eagerly from Glasgow to Arah and over to the as of yet nameless stallion who appeared to be the reason they were all there. None but Tembovu were really familiar to her, though she did believe herself to have seen Arah's in passing, while she was still small and lived in the Basin up north.

"What's your name? Why do you carry the lantern?" Directing her questions to Tilney, the diminutive filly asked without a trace of embarrassment, with a directness that might embarrass some but which left herself with a pleasant feeling of progression. What, after all, was the point of go about life in wonderment when there were answers to find where you least expected it.

@Glasgow

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark
to die by your side,
He spoke again of his sister and I weaved through the glass ever so slightly, nodding along with him. However, when we arrived and I called out for the King, he spoke once more. Turning my scarred face to get a look at the eager stallion, I smiled once again. It was surprising, how much he had made me full of genuine glee when in the last few months I didn’t even think I could have a shot at smiling ever again. I dipped my head to the caramel stag when he thanked me. Then listened along patiently, shifting my weight ever so slightly as he spoke about being experienced with medicine. Though, before I could open my mouth to respond to my friend, a new creature appeared. One I hadn’t seen before, but one that reminded me of a younger, youthful me – of course without the beautiful antlers that sat on her head. She looked rather similar to Tilney, and her familiarity with him as she called out his name began to make me slightly uncomfortable. The ivory mare rushed to him, cream and caramel mixing as she looked like an excited filly reuniting with a friend after a long time apart. Perhaps that’s exactly what this was.

As I watched the seen unfold before me, my smile faded. A blank stare along my glassy eyes as I watched them, nervously. Nervous that Tilney would leave me to run off and speak with this beautiful creature. But then she turned to me, saying that we hadn’t met and I shifted my gaze from her slightly, one ear laying back to my head with a slight awkwardness that I couldn’t seem to get away from now. But she nodded to me and smiled and I took note, but didn’t feel the urge to smile back. “Welcome to the Edge, Arah. I’m Glasgow. I’ve been here for nearly a year now, I think… I’m never really here very often anymore.” I spoke with a soft tone that lacked that excitement I had when I had spoken with Tilney. Not because I didn’t like her. No. I was just afraid to lose the only friend I really had made here. Was that such a bad thing after all?

But then before anyone could say anything else, Tembovu had arrived. My glassy eyes danced to the mammoth as he made his way into the clearing where I stood with Arah and Tilney. His sapphire eyes met mine and I dipped my head in a greeting fit for a king, like I had done with all the other royalty I had met in my prior life lived. Though, I would be lying if my heart didn’t pang with a bit of excitement that he remembered my name. And then when he began to speak with the other two antlered equines beside me, I said silent. Shifting my weight, dancing my ears back and forth to those speaking. Then, that little white filly I had seen at the meeting that offered me a smile was here. I raised my head up, watching her as she moved into the circle and I glanced around for any way to possibly leave. Everyone here – aside from Tembovu with his scarred shoulders – looked so pristine and gentle compared to me. I was lucky now though, seeing as before I could figure out my escape, the child looked at me briefly and I figured it was all over now. I only paused briefly before Tilney spoke to nod to the little filly and offer a small, nearly meaningless and frightened smile. Like a mouse caught in a trap. “He comes from the Basin in search of a new home.” I said gently, head swiveling and eyes casting upon Tilney to be sure that I had remembered the story he told me correctly. “He’s been away for quite some time, though.” and with that, I finished what I had to say. I figured that it would be a better idea for Tilney to introduce himself with the alabaster filly, rather than to have me interject. But I could at least answer my leader.

"Talk."
—is such a
heavenly
way to die.
image credits

@Tilney @Tembovu @Erthe

SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG -fails-

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind

Music; A familiar favorite tune flitted into his ears. 'Tilney!'. First came the soft crashes of her dainty feet like waves against rocks, each in synch as the white doe traced through the trees to him. Am I seeing things? He had almost started to think that in such a wide world as Helovia perhaps their paths would not cross for a long long time. It was her though, the icy princess; Arah! His excitement could hardly be tamed, front feet flipping with anticipation. Words spinning around his head, he could nto choose which to say first and so what came out of his mouth was quite a scramble. "What are-you... I.... Arah!" Tilney cried, stepping forwards to accept her happy nip and joyfully wrapped his neck over hers, embracing his friend softly. "What are you doing here? The basin.... I didn't know you left" He mumbled before tracing his gaze up to Arahs winged companion and whispered a soft "Hello Wynter" even though he knew she probably couldnt understandor care less.

"You look well Arah"
She always looks well...

As introductions took place he shyly took a step back from his porcelain friend and looked ot his newer, greyer companion "Oh yes! Sorry, how rude of me... Glasgow this is Arah, Arah this is my friend Glasgow" His nose tossed and turned between them with eac mention of their name, ears pricked and heart swollen with happiness to see Arah and to be finally here where he might have a home. He felt a little silly seeing as they had just traded thier names. 

Instead of the soft crashing sounds of Arahs footfalls, a giants beats filled the air. It stuck a beat in his heart right out of place, but he was ever so curious as to who such mighty claps belonged to. Was it the king?  The giant of gold and streaked in black and white was a sight to behold. He was a good two hands taller then Tilney who was the tallest of the group. This goliath towered over the mares, Glasgow in particular. The others were greeted and tilney felt a lump in his throat, though the wide smile stuck.
"That's quite the useful beacon, my finely antlered friend"

As the giant introduced himself Tilney bowed his magnificent crown. "Thank you my king, unfortunately it is merely a souvenir of my homeland now... It has not come afire for a long long time". The words Tilney hoped desperately to hear were uttered by the king; "I welcome you to the edge-" but they did come with a query.
"I seek a home and community; a place I can grow. I would love to continue my career as a healer." It was only when he stopped speaking that he noticed the small pale pegasus tucked by Tembovus side. She was young, much younger then all present. Her welcome made his smile just that extra bit wider; her young voice tugged at his paternal strings, looking down to her with some affection. Erthë was her name, and a beautiful name at that. 

'What's your name? Why do you carry the lantern?'
Why do you carry the lantern?
The golden stag froze, taking a quick step back. He simply couldn't tell them, especially the King. He was certain the only being in Helovia who knew about his disability was Arah and os his eyes darted helplessly to hers. Lying was hardly ever an option for a stallion as honest as he, and so he just answered the fae's first question. "My name is Tilney" he spoke calmly, his smile returning as quick as he could manage. 

tilney
And Oh there is more to this life

@Arah

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎