the Rift

cold

Kari Posts: 52
Outcast
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.0hh :: 3 years Buff: NOVICE
Wanderer
It's almost a blur in my head.. Which memories are mine and which belong to others? What is my name? The slightest touch and I am greeted by a wave of other's lives. I see their sufferings, their joys, their triumphs, and their losses. I lose myself amongst the lives of others.. The colt I was drifts amongst the flood of images that I carry with me. In my wanderings I become no one yet everyone. Who am I? I don't want memories.. I don't want others identities.. I want mine. Then it dawns on me.. I am reminded.. It's a subtle thing really.. A whisper rather than a shout. A gentle caress that turns my mind towards my true self. 

I am Kari. I am Kari and I am from Helovia... Where is Helovia though? What is this place that drifts through my mind over and over again? Hmm.. Both names linger in my mind until I find it.. Until I find this Helovia. So I fly for what seems like years, though I know it is mere weeks. My sheer desperation to find myself again makes me impatient. In those weeks, though, I remember.. I remember my mother and I remember my home. The Throat.. The hot desert sands.. 

The Threshold.. Yes, that is what this place is. I seek out that familiar scent of the sands and desert. I seek out the Throat. Perhaps faces there might bring to light my full identity beyond the snippets I've dragged from my polluted mind. Perhaps I might find Mother.. Oh mother how long it has been.. I am more a man than a boy now, and I can't help but ponder if she'll lament over the wasted years.. Will she weep for the boy that has lost her name amongst the thousands of identities he carries? .. Is my mother even the type to weep?

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP:42.5
Helovia Hard Mode
Permission granted at all times to use magic and violence on Kari

Rift Posts: 43
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 5
Eris

This is something
All or nothing

RIFT

The wind tangled his locks as hew flew, their scarlet strands streaming out behind him and flashing in the sun. He had spent the morning exploring the Dragon's Throat, strolling about those ruby sands and following the various scent trails that they held. Now, as the sands clung to his coat and matted at his mane and tail, the chestnut lad realized that the Throat had finally started to feel like home to him.

He had accepted Gaucho as his sovereign, the antlered stallion with his thick voice and kind words. A smile spread over his lips at the thought of his introduction to the flame-winged Sultan; how nervous he had been in the face of such a noble soul and how proud he was now to hail from such a united family of equines, pegasi, and unicorns alike. 

As he neared the Threshold, his most familiar haunt, Rift spied a splash of color amongst the emerald and beige. Invisible brow raising in interest, the lanky stallion tilted his wings and altered his course toward the earth. Landing softly and folding his wings slowly to his side so as not to kick up any debris at the equine, Rift nodded a few times in greeting before speaking.

"Hello and well met, stranger! I am Rift, I hail from the Dragon's Throat. Are you new to Helovia, lost, or both?" His voice was jovial and welcoming as he politely assessed the alicorn that stood before him. The strangers' form was limned in silver, feathered and lithe and carefully sculpted by both genetics and activity. Scuffing a front hoof against the soft green mosses layering the earth, Rift waited patiently for a reply.

words: ### | tag: c: | notes: hello!

@Kari
All force toward Rift is permitted, barring permanent injury and death. 
All non-aggressive contact is permitted. 
Please tag Rift in all replies!
xoxo

Kari Posts: 52
Outcast
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.0hh :: 3 years Buff: NOVICE
Wanderer
I can make out a new figure and both my ears perk up. He bears wings, like myself.. I am quiet, simply watching and waiting. When he introduces himself I dip my head ever so slightly, yet I can't help but perk up at the mention of Throat.. Home. Is Mother waiting for me? Is she there ready to embrace her son? If only I knew her name.. I shove her to the side of my mind as I have to dig again, to pull out my name. It takes several momnts before I know for sure it is my own name, and not anothers. How easy it is to lose myself within the confines of my mind.. There are too many selves here. Too many identities. Even if they are not my own.. They are still pieces that I carry.. Just as much me as me is... Now I wonder if that makes any sense. Me as me is? That does not even sound like proper English.... Oh bother.. That's right.. Introductions... Must introduce myself.. Who am I? I have to start the process of unwinding myself again. I have to dig deep into my mind and I find myself again..

"Kari," I says softly. I shift the tip of my leonine tail, and spread out my wings a bit. "I-I'm not lost actually.." I shift my weight from side to side, suddenly feeling a bit shy. "I'm.. I was from the Dragon's Thraot. I came back to Helovia so I can come home.. I also am hoping to find my mother." Maybe this man knows her. If anyon can help me piece together the scattered fragments my mother can. I can only go under assumption on what he's here for.. So I step toward him, careful to keep enough distance so I don't dare touch. My mind doesn't need to carry yet another identity inside of it.
"Could you lead me home?" I ask with a gentle voice. "I am eager to return and I.. I don't remember the way. I have not been here since I was very young." I shift nervously, or.. Do I shift eagerly? I'm not precisely sure. All  I do know is that I wish to be on my way.. I wish to see this Throat.. I want to go Home

""

Kari
like symphonies played in a world without sound

image credit

@Rift

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP:42.5
Helovia Hard Mode
Permission granted at all times to use magic and violence on Kari

Rift Posts: 43
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 5
Eris
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ayk0...t.css?dl=0">

This is something
All or nothing
RIFT

The stallion's head cocked to the side as he considered the silvery lad, something about the way that he shifted and searched for words ringing a bell to Rift's own past. Narrowing his eyes ever so slightly, so that the figure before him began to blur, Rift saw it; the child before him looked much like his childhood friend, Mnemosyne. Everything from the wings to the silvery sheen of his coat matched up with Rift's memory, causing his tongue to feel thick and useless, a dead thing in his jaws.

Kari. His name is Kari.

With a forced cough and a slight shake of his head, Rift focused once more on the matter at hand. The words that poured forth were timid and unsure, causing the sunset stallion's heart to ache with empathy. Mnemosyne had lost her way and her family as well, her mind betraying her just as her spirit did in their last days together. Rift blinked rapidly, the fog of his past threatening to engulf him within it's syrupy grasp.

"Hello, Kari. Welcome back home." Rift's words were halting and strained, as if there was something lodged in his throat (there was, all five million of his feelings), "Yes, I can lead you home. Can you fly?" He had turned his shoulder away and spread his wings in preparation for take off, his mind still relatively murky.

Hopefully the pair could make it home before the anxiety took the helm.

words: ### | tag: @Kari | notes: lol really skippy, sorry
All force toward Rift is permitted, barring permanent injury and death. 
All non-aggressive contact is permitted. 
Please tag Rift in all replies!
xoxo