the Rift

[OPEN] the coldest summer

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
AURIEL
the good twin

I wasn't crying on the way over here, but...

I was totally crying. Not even a pretty cry. It was pretty disgusting. I had to stop flying at times to wipe the tears off my face. It was like I was living a dream - no, a nightmare. Everything had fallen apart. Not all of it was my fault, but some of it was. I was determined to fix what I could, pick up the pieces of my shattered family and piece it back together. Little by little, I was going to do it. But that didn't mean it was easy for me to go through this, to deal with the fact that what family I had left hated each other and my dad forced ruin upon our home. It's not easy.

The air started to get cooler, crisper, and smelled a bit like pine. I was tempted to just turn around and go back to the Throat, to Shida, and forget all about mom. But I made it this far, and I guess there's no going back now, huh? It'd be sort of pointless to leave now that I'm here.

A glimmering caught my eyes below me. Not just a little glimmering, a lot of glimmering. It was a shit-ton of sparkling, actually, kind of the size of the wall at the Throat. My interest was highly peaked now. I tucked my large, hawk-like wings closer to my body and descending by the sparkling structure. It turned out to, indeed, be a wall. Although this wall was nothing like the one at the Throat. It was in ruins (maybe because it's made out of glass? Do they need someone to help with the whole crumbling wall-thing?). But it was, despite falling apart, a wall. I guess all the herds have walls now? Whatever, this is close enough to the Edge for me to call it the Edge. I walked towards the wall, flicking my ears back and pinning my wings to my side. I really hope I'm in the right place.

"Mom?" I called through one of the holes in the glass wall, my voice shaky and nervous. What if she doesn't recognize my voice? Do I need to call for Elsa instead? Oh god, that'd be weird. I just want my mom. I want her to hold me and I want to scream at her and cry on her shoulder and kick her ass all at the same time.

@Elsa :D

Image Credits
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa,
Feel lucky for what you have, when you have it. Happily ever after doesn’t mean happy forever.

All Elsa wanted to do at the moment was curl up in a ball and forget life existed. Of course, she had reached the peak of her emotional rollercoaster, and was now on a rapid downward spiral. She was screaming, begging to get off but she had to make it to the end. Her eyes watched the ocean below, the roaring of distant waves crashing against the sheer cliff face. Edgar was on the ground next to her, curled up and trying to sleep. He was dealing awfully well with all this drama, more than likely his past dealings hardened him to the world.

She flicked her tail in annoyance, taking off into an angry, stomping walk around the edge of the glass. It’s cracked façade only seemed to taunt her, telling her that even though it was broken, it still remained beautiful. Was Elsa still beautiful? Hardly. Her own child was not happy to see her. Elsa had expected a similar reaction from her. She was going to declare how much she had missed her mom and follow her back to the Edge. Yet, that was not the case. She left feeling cold and alone, more than she had ever before. She thought losing Oxy and the twins were hard; yet she never realized that having them present and hating her was much worse a fate.

Edgar awoke, hopping up to follow behind his bonded. He kept his thoughts quiet on purpose recently. She needed to deal with this herself, and Edgar knew he was far too young and naïve to give advice. Heck, he may be a little biased considering both of them looked at him almost like he was a snack. He was totally not bitter about that at all, Shida. But it seemed she’d have to face another nightmare, as Edgar caught wind of a voice. At first he froze, trying to seal his mind away from Elsa, and of course, she noticed. He could feel her prodding harshly into his brain, and finally he gave up. Auriel here. he murmured.

Elsa was once again wrapped in ice. She didn’t want to move, but at the same time she did. She wanted to run to her, crying and raise her like she should have. Unfortunately, the chances of that happening did not look to great. There was no way Auriel knew she was here, and frankly, Elsa would expect her to find her sister first. Shida tattle Edgar huffed. He loved Shida, but at the same time wanted to whack her over the head with his wings.

Finally, her tentative steps moved towards the voice. Little by little the sandy figure rose, until Elsa was only a few meters from her. Silent stood like a reaper, stealing her voice and leaving her unable to speak. What was she supposed to say? Confessing her love and apologizing to Shida had gotten her nowhere, and she expected a similar reaction from Auriel. ”Hi darling.” She said timidly, taking another step forward. ”I’m so, so sorry.” Shaking her head, she halted staring at the amber child. This time, she would come to her if she wanted to reconcile. Elsa couldn’t force others to love her any longer, all it did was tear both sides apart.

"talk"
image credits
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

prissy
AURIEL
the good twin

I almost left. After spending ample amounts of my time in the south, I felt out of place here. When my mother didn't come to me immediately after I called for her, the prospect of leaving began to seem even more appealing to me.

But I stayed, allowing a few more moments to pass till I heard hoofbeats coming towards my direction. I wanted it to be her and I didn't at the same time. I watched a pale figure appear upon the horizon, stepping closer and closer to me, till we were meters apart. I watched the snow fall around her, and only her, I watched the zephyr at her side, I watched the way her frosted hair glimmered and softly reflected the light. I watched her stand there, silent for a few moments till she greeted me and apologized to me. I watched her guilt-ridden mannerisms and saw myself.

This was what I expected her to do, to say, but it still caught me off guard. I clenched my teeth and let out a huff of swirling, onyx smoke. I knew she didn't deserve my forgiveness, but if she was willing to fix what had been broken between us, then so was I.

"I forgive you," I whispered grudgingly, flicking my ears back. I ran away, too, from Shida and the herd that was left in shambles. She wrecked my childhood, but I played a large role in my own downfall. I wouldn't blame her for everything that happened to me. Shida had a right to, but I didn't.

I straightened up, holding my head high and blowing another smokey exhale in my mother's direction. "Don't abandon us like that ever again," my voice is harsh, but I think I have every right to speak to her as harshly as I want. But my aggression is mitigated as rapidly as it came.

I leapt through the hole, tucking my wings close to my sides to make it through. I closed the distance between us slowly at first, rapidly at last. I buried my muzzle in her mane and sobbed like the baby I (still) was. I cried, for I knew what I was doing would piss Shida off, and I hated what my mom did to us, but above all, because I missed her. I cried because I hated that I needed her. "DON'T YOU EVER LEAVE ME AGAIN," I screamed in a mess of smoke, my mother's hair, and snow.

Please, just don't leave me...

Image Credits

@Elsa

Elsa,
Feel lucky for what you have, when you have it. Happily ever after doesn’t mean happy forever.

Forgiveness. Next time someone tells her it’s a redeeming word, she will beat the absolute shit out of them. That word was as nice as cuddling a cactus. Forgiveness insinuated that she had done something wrong, and Elsa honestly had no idea what she had done to deserve this from her girls. It wasn’t like she left them on the hillside, they ran before she could even finish. She was being fucking triple teamed, and they did what they should have. There was no happy ending to that story, and even if she could do it over again, the only way to be with her children was to abandon the herd. But then wouldn’t that just lead to more carnage among the Falls members at that time?

She wanted to scream at Auriel, just like she had wanted to unleash it upon Shida. They were still children mentally. They were afraid, scarred from the event even, but they couldn’t place all the weight on her shoulders. She tried her goddamn hardest. If she could have killed herself to save her twins from all this pain she would have. Maybe they would have been better without her. The sheer cliff wasn’t looking too bad right about now.

Yet, the girl on fire jumped through the hole. In what seemed like lightning speed she was crushed up against the side of Elsa. Her breath was caught in her throat, and she began shaking uncontrollably. It had been so long since someone had leaned on her like that. Normally she was the one showing love, but now she was receiving it. Elsa harshly wrapped her neck around Auriel, trying to pull her full grown daughter closer as she screamed. Auriel’s tears ushered Elsa’s tears to come forth. And soon she was heaving and sobbing all over again. They both begged her not to leave again, and she didn’t want to. Losing them twice would kill her.

”I won’t leave.” She whispered, lipping at the base of Auriel’s mane gently. ”Stay here with me. Let me try to be the mother I couldn’t be. I can help you as best I can. I can protect you here.” Edgar even hopped up, hopping onto Auriel’s back to rub her body lovingly across her rump. He cooed, begging her in his own way for her to stay. Granted neither of them knew if her allegiance lied elsewhere, but it was worth a shot. All Elsa wanted to do was to lie with her daughters and learn about their life. Make up for all the time she had lost.

"talk"
image credits

prissy
AURIEL
the good twin

We hold each other, tightly, harshly. It's as if we're being forceful to make sure that the other wasn't a ghost, an illusion brought on by slipping time, fading memories, and desperation. I press up against her, softly at first, then harder once I realize her body won't shatter or disappear. But she's here, she's real, and for the first time in two years, I trust her. I believe her. For a moment, at least, I feel safe. I feel at ease.

”Stay here..."

NO..

I feel Edgar slip onto my back, and my mother's lips on my mane. My tears stop falling, my body, which had been shuddering with my screams, is now frozen. I hold my breath, encasing the usual hazy tendrils that spiral from my lungs. I don't know what to do, but this time, there's no running away.

"Let me try to be the mother I couldn’t be."

What?!

"I can protect you here.”

Edgar cooed softly, rubbing on my back. Here, in their embrace, I want to say yes. But to do that would be choosing Mom over Shida, wouldn't it? If I turned my mother down, then that'd be choosing Shida over Mom, almost equally as heinous. I let out a smoky breath, side-stepping away from my mother, just enough to see her face. I don't try to hide my feelings. I'm conflicted, desperate, uncertain, and then some.

I can't choose her over Shida, but I can't choose Shida over her.

But can I choose myself over both of them? Isn't this my life? This was a prime time to make things right, not just for my family, but for me. I needed to know more, to become stronger. I could head to the Falls, or the Basin, but I feel as if I would not belong in either. One would bring up bad memories, the other would just cause more.

Shida had never asked me to stay in the Throat, plus a team is better in different places when they're not trying taking over the world, right?

"I - I'll stay," I replied softly, my features softening after my deliberation. I'll stay to gather information, to learn, to figure out how to get things back to normal between the three of us. But I won't stay for her, or because she asked me to. I'll stay on my terms, for nothing more than a promise to myself. A promise to make things right again, for myself.

And so I dive into my mother's embrace again, but this time I'm gentle.

Image Credits

@Elsa sorry this took a while, just didn't know what she would do at first ^^; also, I apologize if this post is a bit weird...I probably shouldn't have written it at 1 am o.o

Elsa,

The hesitant voice, followed by those small words. Elsa felt as if a weight was finally being lifted off of her chest. A shaky smile was plastered to her face like a child. Elation ran rampant, and all Elsa did was fall into the embrace of her daughter. ”Thank you for saving me.” She whispered quietly, continuing to massage her mane. It was a touch she had been craving since motherhood. She will never make up for her absence, but Elsa was going to try. From here on, she would pull herself up by her bootstraps. This love was not going to waste- and certainly wasn’t going to be ignored.

So Elsa just leaned heavier into her daughter. The small innocent child she had remembered was no longer here, and the child was caring for the mother. It was a huge exchange of power- but Elsa was more than willing to give all to her daughter. ”Is there anything you would like to do? Any skills I should catch up on teaching you?” Her voice was shaky, but a smile was backing it up. The last little bit of tears trickled down her face. Edgar continued to roll along her back, happy to have the less hard headed daughter. Don’t get him wrong, he loves Shida, but his love is backed just as much with hate.

Silence followed afterwards as Elsa tried to formulate words, but she couldn’t. Her entire life had been consumed with apologizing and begging. Now that she had finally succeeded in accomplishing something the overbearing pride seemed to pull the words from her lungs. So for the first time in her life, silence held more meaning than her words ever did. Elsa just wanted to hold her daughter forever and ever. Finally she was gaining back some of her losses and now she was determined to keep them. "I really do love you." She added quietly.

"talk"
image credits

prissy
AURIEL
the good twin

”Thank you for saving me.”

Her words washed over me, a wave of emotions I knew not were present in this situation. My pale, saffron gaze slipped to her, my eyes brimming with tears. I saved her? My mind was racing, shakily grabbing at strings, desperately trying to make sense of a love I don't understand. She gave me the world, but not herself. I give her myself, she gets both.

I forget these thoughts when I see her smile, though. I smiled back, meekly, nervously. I was getting a better understanding of what I wanted to do, what I needed to do, but that did not make it any easier to handle this. I gently set my muzzle on her withers, holding back tears as breathed in her scent. I let silence descend upon us, not saying anything in response to her. If I did, I would screw this up.  

She leaned into me, making me feel like a rock in the ocean. I flicked an ear towards her shaky voice, brow furrowing slightly. If she was going to offer to teach me anything, then I was going to take her up on that. "Could you teach me to fight?" I ask, eyes round and doe like, unsettlingly innocent for my choice of profession. I found it a noble cause to fight for what I deemed right, and protect what I held sacred.

Once again, silence fell upon us, but I found it comforting. This silence was like watching a sunset, but our sunset was each other's embrace. I didn't really want to talk anymore. If I did, I would say something I'd regret. I just wanted to hold her and be held. We were not small persons, but in this moment, we were delicate.

"I love you, too."

Image Credits

@Elsa

Elsa,

The silence had an odd comfort to it. Maybe the mutual silence on the subject just saved everyone’s emotions. No one would say something that hurt the other, and instead they could fill in the gaps with what they thought would be say. That way everyone could sleep at night and not dread seeing the other. She’d already fucked that up with Shida, and Auriel she was bound to keep here.

Though, when Auriel finally spoke Elsa hardly could believe what she heard. Fighting? She grinned lightly. She was definitely Elsa and Oxy’s daughter. She wanted to be a fighter, to save the world? Elsa laughed softly grooming Auriel’s shoulder gently. ”Of course I will teach you. Though don’t expect me to go easy on you.” She stifled another small laugh. ”What makes you want to fight?” Elsa was genuinely curios as to why she wished for physical violence. Elsa had her own reasons, but did Auriel have hers? Was it Elsa’s fault she wanted to fight? Part of her chest tightened at the thought. She did not want to be the reason that her daughters felt the need for violence. Granted, it was a good skill to have, but it was hardly a safe one. They could seriously injure themselves if they weren’t careful.

Silence plagued the air once again, before Auriel had finally said the words she had been dying to hear since motherhood. Elsa simply sighed into the words, finally feeling accepted by her daughters. This was a step in the right direction, and Elsa wanted to take off running down that path. Finally she took a step back, offering a small bow to her daughter. ”I know we must head in our own directions, so if you have any more questions, let me know. Otherwise, I can stop bothering you with my mom-ness and you can get on to creating the life you deserve.” She said softly. Of course Elsa would stay forever and ever, but reality would have it that they both had different lives to attend to. They were no longer intertwined in each other’s lives like they had been when they were born. Circumstances were much different now, and Elsa wasn’t going to interrupt Auriel’s lifestyle just so she could have a few more moments with her.

"talk"
[I thought we could wrap this up in the next few posts, and if you'd like a spar at some point just let me know!]
image credits

prissy
AURIEL
the good twin

To my relief, she laughed when I asked if she would teach me to fight. My pale gaze flicked to my mother's withers, my cheeks growing warm. I soon looked back to her, though, a smile growing on my features when she agreed. Excitement flooded my senses, tingling in my legs and and making me jittery. Was it strange, to look forward to fighting? I was no pacifist, but to sign up for a career in fighting would mean that I might have to kill someone someday.

I brushed the thought off, thinking that I wouldn't do that. There is good in everyone, and if I were fighting someone, it would obviously be for the right cause. Surely no one would choose death over my righteousness. "Thank you," I stated softly, placing my muzzle on my mother's mane, gazing past her as she continued to speak. I let out a small sigh, chest growing heavy as she asked of my intentions. "I suppose I don't actually want to fight. I want to protect, but I can think of no better way to do so than to battle," my voice started to grow softer, my features falling somewhat. "After losing you, everyone, everything, in the invasion...I can't stand back and let that happen again without doing something. I don't want that to happen again. Not to me, not to anyone, ever," I spoke gently, burying my muzzle in my mother's mane, but keeping my gaze fixated far off. I tried to suppress the melancholy memories that came with my confession, but that was easier said than done.

I reveled in the silence, closing my eyes and fighting back the memories I had done my best to suppress for the past two years. Before I knew it, my mother was stepping back from my side. My brow raised as I gazed at her, immediately noticing her absence of warmth. I returned her small bow, a smile soft on my pale lips. A soft laugh left my lips as she spoke, and I took the opportunity to glance around at my surroundings. My home.

This would certainly be something to get used to. I looked back to my mother, an excited smile gleaming on my features. I moved to bump my muzzle to hers, a tender touch to assure her I would be fine, and so would she. I didn't think anymore words were necessary, all that had needed to be said, had been. With a neigh of goodbye to Edgar, I stepped tentatively deeper into the Edge, slowly at first. I looked back to my mother, giving her one last smile (for my own reassurance) before picking up a trot, moving deeper into the Edge. Truthfully, I was exhilarated. I had my family back (well, most of it), and a new home. There was much to discover here, but I did feel a twinge of guilt.

Shida is going to kill me.

Image Credits

@Elsa Auri can be outty with this post unless you'd like to keep it going :) I'll message you about a spar for them when things settle down a little bit for me! ^^