the Rift

[PRIVATE] Open my eyes and then my mouth.

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
A R A H

Catch my gaze, I dare you.
The World's Edge. Her new home. A new path still tinged with the darkness from before. The tree's rustled above and the doe titled her head back and watch Wynter gliding from tree to tree. Smiling she brought her eyes back down to earth, the forest that made her home. The day's light had broken over the horizon this morning with the promised of a fresh start. As it rose it promised a warm day already, and kept, fulfilled and delivered on such a promise. Now the summery day had begun to die away, the vibrant sunsets of burning oranges and bloody reds shimmered across the skies every afternoon. Emerging from the forest she stood on the edge of the world, watching the sinking sun.

On the edge, on the brink. How long had her life been balancing on the Edge of a cliff? How easy would it be to close her eyes and just embrace the fall? Teeth clenched and eyes pinned down she inhaled deeply and exhaled her doubts.

The Edge. The Basin. The stealth attempts. Her magic.
Empty worries.

Her daughters.

Because the world was empty without them.

Crowley. Yet another unresolved ghost of her past. Soon. Soon they will face each other and she'll be able to figure out just why her fate had turned out this way. Her brow furrowed as the thoughts sweep through her mind, not enjoying the way such things where able to darken her mood considerably.

Still with her eyes shut she stood on the Edge, rocking, swaying and humming softly to herself. Trying to pick up her mood from the dark pit it'd had fallen into. Fighting this depression had been tough on her mentally and psychically. For the longest time she had not been sure that she'd ever recover, yet the end was in sight. Only now it was the ghosts that blacked her way. The ghosts that prevented her from reaching the light. Not even moving to The Edge, to this new home stopped them from whispering into her mind.

"They'll hang around," Wynter had long gone, leaving the doe alone. "Until I face them."

@Tembovu-- ehh this sucked. SORRY ;-;
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
It had been a pleasantly warm day— at least pleasantly warm to the Elephant. He missed the heat of the plains, and Tallsun in Helovia provided long days of sun that baked his buckskin hide. It had been an unusually lazy day for the King, though. He had simply enjoyed the Edge and being within the herdlands. Grazing, exchanging pleasantries, it had been an easy day that left his barrel full and mind warmed.

He had wandered through the trees, finding himself on the cliffs in time to see the impressive setting of the sun. A pale movement caught his eye and he turned his head to look along the Edge’s towering white cliffs. Ashen antlers and a cream coat met his inquiring blue eyes: Arah. The woman he had welcomed into the herd alongside Mauja… How long ago that seemed.

Taking the moment to study the slender mare while she stood, swaying and unsuspecting with closed eyes, he appreciated that her time in the Edge had seemed to agree with her. No longer was gracing the muddy earth and no longer were her ribs or withers prominently visible through her skin. He smiled to himself, glad that such an alluring creature was returning, at least physically, to a more healthy state.

Black rimmed ears twitch as the wind carries the end of her quiet words to him, ”Until I face them.” A gentle frown creases the black and cream skin between his eyes. Long, sweeping strides carry him beside the doe, halting slightly behind and beside her. “Arah,” His low voice rumbled above the whipping wind in greeting, “It looks like the Edge has been agreeable to you. You look well,” a small smiled turned up the cornes of his lips. Then his great head cocked slightly, “Until you face who, if I might ask?”

I just saw this XD boo for tags not working.

Please tag Tembovu.