the Rift

[PRIVATE] Your Soul Is Haunting Me.

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
- Arah -
Hey nonnie, nonnie.
Will you still love me when I've got nothing?

Her mother used to sing it, whispering it into the night as her father disappeared into the distance. Used to sing it as she slipped away herself with a dark stranger. Sang it as Arden slept as a filly, cradled against Arah's side. Sang it as her eldest daughter walked away.

Will you still love me when I'm empty?
Will you know when it's time?

She felt the heavy wetness of her past hanging low on her shoulders tonight. It ran down through her ivory coat in rivers, puddling on the ground behind her. The storm clouds that had gathered slowly began to open above, the humidity would break and the world would be washed clean. Yet standing underneath the canopy the doe was not waiting for rain, no. In the forest she'd found many wonders and had quite a few adventures, despite the feeling of being constantly watched by unseen hungry eyes. They did not scare her, not after the pressure of keeping her cool with such painstakingly high stakes. Nothing could break her after the most recent outburst in The Basin and the healing from The Edge.

Their faces haunted her, perhaps it was their eyes who watched her from the shadows now. Where they her attackers or still her friends?

Will you still love me when I betray you?
Will you know when it's time?

Shaking her crowned head the doe pressed forward. Weaving through the trees, exploring, searching and seeking. What was she seeking? A greater purpose perhaps, or maybe to face the demons who cowardly hid just out of sight. Still holding power over her but completely unwilling to allow her release from their hold.

Release from whatever the power it was that they held over her.

The heavens opened, the down pour pounded down upon her back. Her eyes turned to the sky with a challenging smile.

Know when it's time for us to die?

"Speech"
Kissing the Frozen Flowers

@Crowley
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo

I want to reconcile the violence in your heart
I want to recognize your beauty’s not just a mask

It was her fault.

The infection, the forbidden lust, the pain and suffering, the senseless murder of a child so innocent, the always lingering paranoia, the shadows that had lurked just out of sight at all times.

He remembered it all, and it was her fault.

The memories had come rushing back just a few days back, first in what he’d believed to be a hellish dream, but upon waking, he’d found it all to have been too real to be nothing more than a dream. It was he who had carried out the vicious acts that caused a life to end, the life of his own daughter; the very thought still caused a sharp, physical pain in his chest, as though the spirit of his dearest daughter was piercing him with a steel pike.

Talbot had seemed relieved upon his awakening, his master no longer the trembling, murmuring man haunted by shadows and things that were not there, but with one monster gone, it seemed the striped stallion had become another. One plagued with thoughts of betrayal, doubts and fears; what if he did not remember all that had happened? Had others fallen before him? Had he destroyed bonds made years ago, ones that he wouldn’t be able to mend? He was unable to even place just how long ago it had been since the Moon had placed the curse on him in the first place, but with Talbot’s assistance, he was alarmed to find that it had been nearly a startling four years.

Four. Years.

Throughout them, there had been times when the curse that gripped him had lifted, when the land of Helovia was void of magic, and when the flood had come to so-call ‘purify’ the lands. Beyond that, there were more holes in his memory than he wanted to even begin trying to fill, and it was to Talbot he looked for the answers. The hellhound would be heavily relied upon to help fill in the gaps, but Crowley was not so foolish as to think the answers would come completely nor quickly.

Today, like every day since his revival, so to speak, thoughts of his family weighed heavily on his mind. Asch, a filly so young holding so much promise, was gone, destroyed by his own hoof and horn. Arwen, the pale daughter who had looked absolutely petrified as he struck her beloved twin down, who he had not seen nor heard of since he’d fled the scene. Rhiannon, whom he recalled a brief encounter on a sandy beach, one which hadn’t ended in his eldest’s favor, he also had not the foggiest clue had ended up. And then, then there was Arah.

As the thought of the pale doe entered his mind, the sky seemed to open up above them, beginning with a soft drizzle that turned quickly into a torrential downpour. Luckily, the canopy above proved a buffer from the relentless, pelting drops, but none of it mattered. What did matter, he wondered, if the ones he had loved were gone? Didn’t trust him anymore, and never would again? He deserved it for what he had done, for allowing the curse to drive him to such measures, to the murder of his own blood, but… How was he to know what things he’d be driven to do under the influence of the Moon’s curse?

It was the tensing of Talbot standing beside him that coaxed the brindle from his thoughts. The hound stared hard ahead of them, and slowly, almost carelessly Crowley followed his gaze. A part of him hoped to see some monster ready to carry him to perdition, to punish him for the cruel deeds and damage done. What he did see was almost ghostly against the pounding sound of rain smacking against the treetops and the droplets that did manage to leak from above, creating a misty gaze between them, and for a long time, the dual horned beast could do little more than stare. Disbelief filled his hardened, yellowed gaze, tinged with sadness as they looked on at the figure so familiar to him. A maiden he’d assumed would be long gone, and one that he expected to turn and run once she noticed him, a demon in her midst.

Drawing in a deep, almost trembling breath, he spoke, his tone soft, but tattered and broken just as his soul was.

“... Arah?”

"Talk talk talk"

[Sorry for the wait, darling! <3 Excited to see where this goes! @Arah ]

I want to exorcise the demons from your past
I want to satisfy the undisclosed desires in your heart