the Rift

[PRIVATE] i didn't think i was ready for this

Phantom Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

The pains had come late in the night. They were gut wrenching and persistent and wholly unwelcome if only because it terrified Phantom more than anything ever had before. It forced the mare to quickly seek out a place that was secluded and private so she could sink down to the ground and allow her body to do the work that it had to to expel the foal that she didn't want from her body. The whole ordeal was little more than a blur of pain and exhaustion to the the white mare as she stood looking down at the tiny thing that she had created. Her head tilted and her ears fell back because she didn't want to think of it as cute or hers, but there was a nagging feeling gnawing at her that was hard to ignore.

She dipped her head down and sniffed at the tiny body, her muzzle rubbing against the damp, painted fur as she finally allowed whatever maternal instincts were housed within her to rise to the surface. She knew that the child had to stand and that it had to nurse, so she nudged it, whickered softly, and prodded at his hindquarters to encourage him to rise. "Come on, child." Phantom whispered and it occurred to her then that he needed a name, but what could she call him? If she named him would that make her want to keep him instead of letting him become his father's problem? For whatever reason, one that totally and completely baffled her by how illogical it seemed, the mare found that she wanted to name the child that she'd carried and birthed on her own.

Her muzzle ran along her son's back and she stepped closer to him. "Brendan." She breathed against the boy's ear. "Come now, stand." Show me how strong you are, my boy.

"." 

Phantom

so scatter all my ashes when i'm dead
and destroy every legend in my head

@Aaron

Brendan Posts: 31
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: Two Years (Orangemoon Born) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Arwen :: Plain Hellhound :: Acid Emily

BRENDAN
HARDSHIP OFTEN PREPARES AN ORDINARY PERSON FOR AN EXTRAORDINARY DESTINY

So here I am, snuggled all nice and warm in my Mom's belly. I'm happy here. After all, what more can I ask for. I'm never hungry, i'm always warm, and I always know where my Mom is. Life is grand! If only I could just stay right here forever. Though I am not sure if Mom will like that so much. I do vaguely remember her talking to someone and sounding upset. I hope she loves me. After all, I am half her. Everything is great, until the squeezing starts. I can feel Mom moving about, and she seems upset from the way she is moving about. What is happening Mom? Make the squeezing stop! I don't like this either! Things seemed to happen really fast now and I don't like it.

I keep getting squeezed until suddenly I leave Mom's belly for a very cold place. The moment I can I squeal, letting everyone know how unhappy I was to be out here in the cold! I don't understand Mom, what's happening? Where am I? More importantly, where are you?! I am scared until I feel her muzzle against my flank. I turn to look at her with turquoise eyes full of love and affection. "Come on, child." I wonder what she is trying to do. About that time, my belly rumbles with hunger.... My own natural instincts beginning to kick in. I need to stand because I need to eat. Before I could move her muzzle presses in close to my ear. "Brendan." She breathes against my ear. "Come now, stand." I want to do as she tells me, so almost at once my long legs begin to flop about as I try to use them for the first time. It's not as easy as it looks okay? After a few tries, I manage to get to my hooves. I stand there for a few moments, legs wobbling back and forth threatening to give way under the weight they are now expected to hold.

But thankfully, I do not fall. I blink a few times, and stay perfectly still not wanting to fall over if I move. But Mom is still so far away, and I am hungry! With a still shaking leg I begin to take one step at a time towards Mom. I am doing it! I'm walking! I keep taking one little step at a time until my muzzle presses against the bottom her her flank. Instinct kicks in again as I move my head slightly over and latch on to her, nursing for the first time.

"Talk"

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

AARON
A SHEPHERD I SHALL BE, FOR THEE, MY LORD, FOR THEE, POWER HATH DESCENDED FORTH FROM THY HAND, THAT MY FEET MAY SWIFTLY CARRY OUT THY COMMAND, SO I SHALL FLOW A RIVER FORTH TO THEE AND TEEMING WITH SOULS SHALL IT EVER BE

Once again I am out for a run. I find the night is a better time as the heat of TallSun is sometimes to much not only for myself, but for Alanna as well. Of course, she is with me yet again. After all, she has barely let me out of her sight since my erm well.... Indiscretion with Phantom. Even more now that we had found out she was expecting. "If you had just waited for a mate, you wouldn't have to worry about this" I rolled my eyes. I swear sometimes, she sounds just like my mother would of. Then again, maybe that is a good thing. We move together, my mind clearing as I ran. However it was about time I tried to find Phantom again. From the look of her belly the last time I saw her, well I knew that look well enough from watching my Mother with my little sisters.. She should be due, and soon.

So out nightly run turned from just another work out, to a search. I have yet to tell anyone in the Falls. I don't know if I want to tell anyone... I mean, what are they going to tell me other than try to get Phantom and my child to come live in the safety of the Falls. I can tell already, that won't be an easy task.

It was once again Alanna who found her first. I could feel her excitement and yet she held back. What's going on? "Come see." She speaks instead. I follow her trail and thankfully the grasses soon give way to not only my bonded hound, but Phantom and.... OH. My brown eye widen as I catch sight of the silver and ivory frame at her side. He or she was already standing. I look from Phantom to the child and back again, the excitement building. I AM A FATHER! "Phantom.." I hadn't wanted her to go through the birth alone... But she had. She had and both mother and child seemed to be doing just fine. I looked at her, unsure if she would allow me closer.. Or if she would choose to keep me from my child. "Did you give him or her a name?" I knew it might sound rude, but I wasn't sure if she would want to name the child she had not wanted.... I just hope she doesn't just up and leave him with me tonight... Can I even care for a child? After all... my sisters.... "Not your fault and you were younger. New start." Alanna snips in my mind. She is right. My child, was going to be a new start... If only his or her mother allowed it to be..

"Talk"
"Alanna speaks"

@Phantom

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Phantom Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

Her undoing was the way the child looked at her when he finally was strong enough to lift his head without it flopping. The look in those eyes made her gut churn uncomfortably and it further lessened her resolve to drop the foal off to his father and go about her business. She wanted to groan because never before had her resolve been so shaky and never before had she questioned herself on what she had to do. She always had a plan. A way to go about doing what she needed to do in the most efficient way possible and she was crumbling. She was falling apart at a look from a child that she'd thought she hadn't wanted.

Phantom remained still as a statue as the child struggled to find his legs and when he finally did the faintest of smiles curled the corner of her mouth upward. "Good." She murmured, her smile growing as he hobbled toward her. His head dipped under her flank and she stiffens, her entire body tense, as her child nurses from her for the first time. The sensation is weird but not entirely unpleasant. She takes the moment to run her muzzle along her child's back and for the first time since she discovered that she was going to be a mother she was content.

"Phantom..."

Her head lifted and her crimson eyes found the stallion that sired her child. The smile on her face faded a bit as he asked what she had named him or her"His name," she began "Is Brendan."

"." 

Phantom

so scatter all my ashes when i'm dead
and destroy every legend in my head

@Aaron