the Rift

let me tell you a story [anybody]

Lendri Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Lendri!

It is faint. The sound of your sweet succulent voice dances upon the air in the form of wispy tendrils. They curl and unfurl before my very eyes, reaching for me and grasping whatever they manage to root themselves upon. You were here. You both were here.

No.

You aren’t here. You couldn’t be here, “You’re not real,” my deep vocals whisper out on the heavy air, “You’re both not real,” It was a good thing I was alone. If anybody saw me talking to myself like this I would have been stuck on the front lines. Stuck to fight until my death. Or worse.

Dual colored irises looked upon this new land. This new land in which I was now to call home. Shambala was nice while it lasted, but there was no going back now that I passed the border of trees. The border of magical trees. Legend had it that the trees were the souls of the ancestors standing guard and protecting Shambala from outside evils by not allowing a soul to enter. What those ancestors failed to realize though was the souls that left. The rules were simple: you leave Shambala, you can’t come back.

Not like I wanted to.

This land was dull. Shambala was dull. Everywhere…was dull. Ever since you died the world was just dull. Cassari, Terachi. What would you two be doing right now had you escaped the fate that befell the both of you?  Jirombo. Anger seethed at the mere mention of my friend’s name. He was the one who killed you, but he was sick. Muscles coiled and rippled beneath my brown hued hide as I remembered the day all too clearly. The blood. The anguished looks on your faces. The distorted crazed look upon his face. The bitter raw anger that ripped through me then and pushed me to kill my best friend. My comrade.

You want to know what they called me after that? A hero.

A HERO! I should have been called a murderer because after their deaths I went straight to the frontline and ripped my enemies with a newfound anger and resolve. Nobody would suffer the same fate as me.

Lendri!

“NO!” This time I scream at the air. You are not real and yet here I am talking back to you. Cassari my love, the world is dull after your death. Only three colors remained vibrant. Black, white, and red. Black for it is darkness and envelopes me in its shadowy embrace hiding the darkness that grows within my chest. White for it is the color of death. Never before had I been so aware of its pallid, solid, tangible form before. It comforted me because when I see the color of my enemies fade to a more white shade I then know that my job is done. And red. Red is vibrant because it reminds me of you. Reminds me of the life of yours that had spilt across the ground that day. Reminds me of that big heart you had beating within your chest.

I looked upon the land. This was to be my new haven. After all, you made it possible. You had formulated the plan to have the princess disappear. You had convinced the King and Queen to send me to search for their precious child. I mean, sure I had already found and dealt with her before so she would hopefully remember me, but it was your grand scheme that brought me here, that provided me the means to walk just enough past the border to leave Shambala and the past behind. But will you follow me? Or are you stuck in Shambala with your corpse? Was this your way of telling me to move on with my life?

Because if you can’t follow and you’re leaving me on my own…then who am I talking to in these unfamiliar woods?

"speech"
notes:: okay so this is a new style of writing for me. sorry if it sucks and rambles they will get better once i get used to what the hay i'm doing.
pattern credit
coding help from evvers

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
Eventide is softly casting o'er the earth a magic spell,
And a love-song, everlasting, on the night wind seems to swell.

"I can fly" she whispered, smiling as her wings beat the air into submission. "I can fly" she said, louder now. Pointing the nose towards the ground she tucked the wings sharply against the sides and dived, the wind a scream and howl in the ears as the earth came rising up to meet her.

"I CAN FLY!"

It was a feral screech, a battle cry, a taunt and a challenge. I dare you to object. I challenge you to contradict me. Tell me I can't and I will prove you wrong!

The world had shrunk from the moment she realized that the wind would carry her, as it had carried her mother before her, and her mother before that. For every restless wing-beat the secrets of Helovia were laid bare before her, a magical world filled with wonder; and it was all hers for the taking. It was enough to give you chills, enough to make a kind-hearted girl forget what it meant to care for others. Enough to make her selfish, greedy, discontent. The world was vast and beautiful but she craved more, more more, every valley, mountain and river, every cloud in the sky and each tree in the forests; she wanted them, needed them. Not to own, to rule or command. No, she was greedier than that, because she desired to know them, understand them, experience it all like she experienced the pounding heart and burning muscles of her own body.

To savor, to cherish. To love and to hold.  

Movement below stole her attention away and with a slight adjustment of the wings, not quite elegant yet but effective none the less, Erthë slowed down and leaned into a wide circle as she looked about to see where she were. Time didn't matter much when she flew, but it had played a trick on her today because already several hours had passed and the forest she had left was not the same as the one she drifted above now. Without realizing it she had covered a distance of several hundred kilometers in one go... no wonder her shoulders burned and ached like they were.

As she lowered herself down towards the yellow-tinted ocean below, she scoured the ground for a sign of what had distracted her. Everything looked different from above, but she still thought herself able to recognize the shape of a horse below the canopy. A smile touched upon the soft lips; ah. So this was where she had ended up. The Threshold. Which meant that the wanderer below could be a traveler, newly arrived.

There were several options to choose from in a situation like this, but for her there was only one real way to go. Picking out a clearing directly in the path of the walker, the filly lowered herself carefully down, nervously flapping the wings as she inched down through the branches of the trees. Landing wasn't her strongest suit yet, and she had to be careful. While her wings might be strong and agile, her legs were far from it; touching down was always painful, and it made her stagger a bit before she regained balance and came to a stand still.

Breathing deeply the pearly hued fae folded the elegant swan wings to her sides and looked around. The gloom beneath the trees seemed even darker after the brightness of the light above; she blinked, pale orbs studying every shadowy shrub and tree for the target of her interest. When finely chiseled lobes picked up the sound of hoof-beats she picked her way towards the source, slowly and clumsily; an even, otherwise graceful stride disrupted by a heavy limp on the right front leg, apparently painful judging by the grimaces she made every once in a while.

"Hello there!" she called as she neared the stranger, silvery vocals bright and cheerful as she peered through the shadows towards him. "Welcome to Helovia, wanderer. Do you know your way about or can I be of assistance? My name is Erthë of World's Edge, native to these lands."

Her smile was warm and genuine, filled with a bright, naive trust that spoke volumes of her youth and inexperience even though the choice of words might suggest otherwise. She approached him with a directness that suggested she had nothing to hide, and the pause that followed her words was genial and pleasant, inviting as it was hopeful. Erthë did like strangers after all, and it would be a sad day indeed if he didn't want to talk to her.

@Lendri

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Agnodice Posts: 70
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2hh :: 8
Herophilos :: Plain Black Dragon :: Toxic Breath prissy

The duchess flicked her onyx tail, glaring back at it with a piercing turquoise gaze. A stick had gotten tangled in it's depths, just near the tip. Far enough away that the maiden couldn't easily reach over and untangle the stick, but just close enough for her to see it, for it to taunt her with it's presence. Her turquoise gaze surveyed the landscape, making sure she was, in fact, alone before whipping her tail from side to side in order to expel it of the stick. It was a horribly un-regal action for her to take, but she had no other choice! Unless she wanted to leave the stick in her tail. That was perhaps a bit less regal that her actions to remove it.

Times like these made the duchess contemplate her life choices. She didn't have to stick around here and gather herbs all the time, now did she? If sticking around in the medical field here meant traveling around, getting sticks caught in her tail and tarnishing her hooves with sea water, then the prospect of retirement didn't seem so bad anymore.

But she was far too young to retire just yet.

With a final, forceful flick of her ebony locks, the stick relinquished it's hold on her tendrils, flying and snapping in half against a nearby tree. The duchess perked her head up, watching the pieces of the stick fall to the ground in triumph.

Yet, even after the stick had been on the ground for a few moments, Agnodice continued to hear snapping (just of twigs and foliage - don't get the wrong idea). The mare's curvaceous ears swiveled in the direction of the noise. She was now too curious to walk away. The mare picked up a floaty trot in the direction of the ruckus, eventually coming upon the scene of a pair of horses. One - a filly, appearing like a fallen angel against their bleak, forested surroundings. She had seen the filly before, though she did not recall a name to the face. The other horse was a stallion, adorned with intrinsic ebony and cream designs against his dun colored body. Not to mention the horn that spiraled out of his forehead.

These two certainly seemed like a duo worth wasting a slice of time on. Agnodice approached with her head held high, a friendly smile upon her onyx lips. "How do you two fare this evening?" She inquired, turquoise gaze flicking from one horse to the other. "I'm Agnodice, caretaker of the Hidden Falls," the duchess stated, her fresh title still sounding a bit outlandish coming from her lips. She had become accustomed to introducing herself as 'Agnodice, Duchess of Atemae,' or simply, 'Agnodice. Doctor.' Although the latter she reserved for more dire situations.

No matter, she would grow into her new title eventually.

@Lendri

Image Credits
[Image: 5694548be0939]
You’d stick the world into your bedside lane
It’s boredom makes you callous to all pain

Tangere Posts: 159
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: Six Years | Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Phrixus :: White Raven :: None Psilo

non omnis moriar

She watches him from the trees, the bony branch's shadows webbing across her pale and patchy coat. The sunlight glints off of her wide henna eyes. Ribbons of yellow mid-day light dance across her gleaming summer coat as she slinks into the open. She has been watching him for a few minutes now and he seems not at all pleased. Though she is far and can hardly tell the details, his face is contorted in a sort of grumpy way that Tangere was all too familiar with. She mentally shrugs at his obvious displeasure. I'm going to try anyways. He looks good and...healthy. Her stomach flutters with anticipation and little anxiety - she's not usually nervous about recruiting or approaching new faces. She's not sure how to feel about it. Just as she begins her descent down the small stretch of hills covered in aspen bunches she watches a pale little thing, like a winged, horned little white deer, float toward the curly horned stallion. And then another, Tangere and the buttermilk mare arrive nearly at the same time...she catches the mare's lovely name and the trail end of the white mare's introduction. She misses her name, but catches where she is from.

Everyone is here except the Throat. She lets out a hardly audible giggle as she pokes out of the trees and into the open, approaching the group with a warm grin. She drifts her bright brown eyes over each one for a moment, nodding to each.

Why hello there, everyone.” Her voice drips onto the warm breeze like melted honey, through a smile that seems as porcelain as her pale face and pink mottled lips. Phrixus is mounted on her withers and watches each face intently, settling on the small white winged mare. “I'm Tangere, Aurora Basin scourge – ” She leans in with a humorous chuckle, “Healer-in-training.” She feels the need to explain' she's never really like 'scourge' and found it hard to understand when she was first given the rank. She does not introduce the glaring blue eyed bird, who know watches the buttermilk mare quietly.

As they stand in the awkward, even if it is only brief, silence of waiting, she wonders if he knows why they have flocked to him. She ponders whether or not to fill him in, to drop some sort of hint about how the Basin needs a strong looking individual like himself – or that she'd simply like to have him follow her for her own, flesh-loving reasons. She remains silent and simply watches. Her bird chortles, coos a little and lifts off of her shoulders with hardly a sound, ascending into the top branches of an old oak that towers over the group.

Image By PSILO!

@Lendri

• You may use violence and magic against her at will, but no death.
  • Please tag me so I don't forget anyone(:

Rift Posts: 43
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 5
Eris

This is something
All or nothing

RIFT

Had he been paying attention, he would have noticed the scent of foreigner that clung to the back of the breeze, but alas, Rift seemed to be making of habit of daydreams and imaginings. He was contenting himself with imagined images of his homeland and siblings when he stumbled across a rather impressive gathering of nations. The sudden appearance of others shattered his daydreams and caused him to stiffen in shock for a moment, the silence thick yet fragile; as if one misstep would throw all of the gathered representatives' bids into chaos. 

Carefully straightening and composing his face into one of cordiality, the scarlet stallion allowed his eyes to drift over the gathered company, hitching on two of the three mares that had gathered to welcome the newest member of Helovia citizenship. Quirking his brow at the Aurora Basin mare that he had met only days ago, Rift gave her a curt nod before turning his attention to the ivory filly that had attended the Moon Priest in his most recent bid within the Threshold. A smile graced his features as he moved to stand beside her; he would much rather stand next to a friendly face than one he either did not know or one that had an unsavory disposition.

Nodding to the buttermilk lass that smelled similar to a mare he had once met named Brisa, Rift finally allowed his attention to be pulled toward the only other stallion present. Dipping his head in a shallow bow, the lanky gent allowed his voice to fill the quiet air, "Hello and welcome to Helovia, stranger. I am Rift and you have found yourself within the Threshold. Our land is divided into four nations and each sends representatives here to invite newcomers to be welcomed into their ranks." He flicked his tail and nodded absently before continuing, "I am from an island herd to the South called the Dragon's Throat and I would like to offer you solace and family within the herd."

Eyes searching the stallion's horned face, Rift cocked his head to the side a bit, finding the stranger's mannerisms oddly familiar. Why would it be that though he knew nothing of the stallion, he would feel as if there were specks of familiarity between them? It made his heart speed up ever so slightly, though he hoped his confusion did not show on his face. 

words: ### | tag: @Lendri @Agnodice @Tangere | notes: RIFT YOU NEED TO START PAYING ATTENTION SRSLY

All force toward Rift is permitted, barring permanent injury and death. 
All non-aggressive contact is permitted. 
Please tag Rift in all replies!
xoxo

Unregistered
You wouldn’t believe is Cassari. I don’t think I spent more than two hours in this new land, this new country, before I ran into somebody. And by somebody I meant a young white little thing. I looked at her with emotionless eyes and the muscles in my face did not betray me as I watched her make her approach. Gliding in on angelic wings and landing…well…it looked like it pained her to land. She certainly favored her right front leg and the look on her face…

I kept picturing our little Terachi in her stead and my heart yearned to help her in whatever ways possible. But still my muscles did not move and my eyes remained as they were – cold, endless blue and brown stones.

Lendri…

Your voice whispered upon the air softly so that I was the only one able to hear it. Or was that in my head?

Whatever the case was, the ivory colored girl was none the quicker in introducing herself. Helovia was the name she had given this land. Then she continued to ask if I needed help and explained that she was a native. And finally a smile plastered itself across her face.

A smile that screamed of her innocence and lack of knowledge. A smile that was freely presented despite the fact that she was so young and alone. And injured, I thought to myself. I mean you wouldn’t have let our daughter roam alone at such a young age would you Carissa? It was pure insanity. So I put on a quick mask and played the part that used to come so naturally to me long ago, “And where would your parents happen to be, Erthë of World’s Edge? Hopefully you haven’t wandered off on your own while so young.”

The faintest of smiles rolled across my lips as a means to try and comfort the little one and not scare her. It didn’t help though that my voice was low and sounded rather well, dry. Seriously there was no emotion, no wavering of the vocals, no rises and falls of note, no nothing. I sounded nothing like the stallion you once fell in love with Carissa.

No. That stallion had died and was no more. I was just merely a shell of his body. A lost soul trapped within the confines of this muscular body forced to walk this earth for reasons unbeknownst to me at the time.

Anyways. Back to the story.

Shortly after I had replied to the tiny ivory child another showed up. Not a child this time, but a mare who was also lighter in color mostly. She waltz right on up to us and asked us how we were faring and too went on to introduce herself. Agnodice was her name. All of this she did with a smile upon her face. I would have answered her back but before I could another mare showed up and again she greeted us all and introduced herself. Tangere…healer in training. And a smile on her face as well. And then the same events happened again with a stallion who happened to join us. He also bore a smile upon his face.

And all I could think for a whole two minutes was 'Geez it’s like I’m a crack pot magnet!'

You should have seen it Carissa! Each and every newcomer came up to me with a smile plastered upon their face as if we were all best buds of something. The whole situation just screamed ‘OH LOOK A NEWCOMER! LET’S ALL GO GREET THE NEWCOMER! WE MAY NOT KNOW HIM BUT LET’S GUESS HE’S HARMLESS. OH AND DON’T FORGET TO SMILE TO TRY AND MAKE HIM FEEL WELCOME!’ to me. Did they not know of the horrors that life and the world held? At least Erthë could use her innocence as an excuse. Both corners of my mouth turned slightly downward as I looked between all of the attendees. There sure was a variety here. Erthë from World’s Edge. Agnodice from Hidden Falls. Tangere from Aurora Basin. And Rift from Dragon’s Throat. I was assuming these were all different herds as none of them were in any way familiar to me.

So what did I do?

Instead of addressing them all individually like some would, I just simply gave a curt nod with a low ‘hnh’ sound resonating from my closed mouth. I also chose to ignore the information that they had chosen to spill past their names and decided it would just be easier for me to just introduce myself albeit tersely, “I am Lendri.”

Again my words and emotion were seriously lacking. You would have chastised me over that Carissa. You would have had me be more polite, more social. But you were no more. So I guess – at least for now – the world would have to deal with a slightly less polite Lendri than it was used to.

"speech"
notes:: x.x still not sure i like it but i think it's definitely better than the last post. xD
tags:: @Erthë @Agnodice @Tangere @Rift
pattern credit
coding help from evvers

Chan
What I thought wasn't all
so innocent

Oh, those eyes. She had seen eyes like that before. In her father's face, when he thought she wasn't looking, mirrored in Mauja's entire visage and reflected back as she leaned over night-black pools to slake her thirst. It was a look of numbness, of grief too deep to put words on, of a weariness that had nothing to do with sore feet and travel dust. In meeting the two-toned gaze with her own mismatched eyes the wintry dove felt as though all the shadows she had tried to bury came back to life, rising like one from cloven feet trough lungs and guts until she felt the taste of sorrow upon her very tongue. It was a gaze too wounded to hold for long, and she soon averted her gaze, turned the head away so she wouldn't have to see.

Whatever it was that made him look so sad had to be grave indeed. Not something you asked about, not a thing to drag out into the light to look upon. He spoke, and the lack-luster voice only confirmed what her heart had already guessed; but his words pulled her attention away from how he spoke to what he spoke of.

Amusing, that's what it was. Over the span of the nearly full year she had lived, this complete and utter stranger was the first to actually treat her like a young, helpless little girl. It was too bad, really. He was too late. Her eyes had already seen too much, her thoughts were already stained with matters more commonly found in adults. Pain and sorrow and unspeakable horrors had aged her, to the point where she was able to smile sweetly while raising a milky swan wing beneath which a glint of ivory could be seen. A bow, strung around the appendage and carried so easily as were it an extension of her own body; elaborately carved and beautiful yet deadly none the less, so far from a toy as you could get.

"It's alright, sir, I can look after myself. Mother passed away some time ago but Father is still with me... he should still be in the Edge - unless he walked off somewhere again."

With a soft shrug she repositioned the wing against slender blue-tinted sides. Misty shapes drifted into focus as she breathed, her cold, icy breath lingering in the air and forming into ethereal butterflies that flitted on and off around her frame.

As she spoke, Erthë became aware of new presences around them. One by one, new faces joined in with her and when she turned to see who they were, she found to her mild surprise that she recognized some of them. The pale mare with the ebony hair had been there when lady Ophelia had lectured an upstart of a girl, and the chestnut pegasus called Rift she had met in this very forest not too long ago.

"Hello. Nice to meet you both. I'm Erthë, in case you didn't hear me the first time..." She smiled and nodded a greeting at them both, then turned her attention to the third arrival. Excitement churned in her stomach as she heard the mare declare herself as a Basin member. Though residing in the forests of the Edge these days, the young cygnet could never forget her time spent in the northern mountains. The biting cold, the curtains of dancing light and forbidding sentinels blocking the entrance to a hidden valley - it was the sort of thing that engraved itself into the mind of a child and lingered.

This particular person was a stranger to her, however, and though the horned lass made her greetings to Tangere as well, she still felt awkward with her hovering silently nearby. A bird cawed nearby and without really thinking about it she stepped closer to Rift as he came to stand beside her, far more comfortable with his awkward kindness than the painted would-be healer.

"As in, you cause the damage that the real healers have to clean up?"

The over-long tail curled around a leg, and not for the first time Erthë cursed her own tongue for running away without her. Why was it that she responded to insecurities by lashing out? The tone of her voice had been playful and mild but the words were a challenge in themselves, one she would have been wiser not to issue in the first place.

She wanted to sigh, but held back the urge and watched Tangere tensely, waiting for whatever reaction her cheek might provoke.

@Agnodice

Agnodice Posts: 70
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2hh :: 8
Herophilos :: Plain Black Dragon :: Toxic Breath prissy

More and more horses filtered in, streaming through the trees, their sights set on the stallion. Agnodice's perky attitude began to wane, her smile faltering upon seeing the others. They were here for their own personal gain, weren't they? She flicked her curvaceous ears back, her gaze dropping to the ground. This ritual of beckoning newcomers into herds seemed normal for the others, which was the most concerning aspect of it. It wasn't necessarily wrong, just fairly odd to her. Where she was from, they were great in numbers. Random outsiders who were trying to get in were normally either turned away or slaughtered (most often the latter).

The duchess heard the others speaking, introducing themselves, yada-yada. The standard, the socially acceptable. She gave them all respectful nods, noting that she was the only horse there from the Hidden Falls. With the others having such distinct smells, they would have to be of other herds. Her odds of triumphing in this strange ritual were going down.

That is, until Erthë made a particular snide comment. A smile curled at the edges of Agnodice's lips once again, stifling a laugh. This meeting was beginning to get interesting. This could go a few ways: the unicorn gets angry and makes a move at the filly. Violence against foals is surely not a positive trait of a herd mate, yes? That would strike one threat off the list. Another way it could go: the two merely laugh it off and continue with attempting to coax the stallion home. Much less interesting, much more probable (considering that she was, after all, a filly).

No matter, she would wait, watch, bide her time till it was most convenient for her to intervene.  

Image Credits
[Image: 5694548be0939]
You’d stick the world into your bedside lane
It’s boredom makes you callous to all pain

non omnis moriar

Just after she arrives so does another. He does not pour in as she does, with grace and a soft voice to guide himself in. No. This boy, Rift, comes in clumsily and as if he didn't notice. Or perhaps he truly just wanders without any awareness – something tells her he wasn't aimlessly wandering in a place such as this, place with a pure and simple purpose for anyone who sets foot onto it. She grins as she watches the red-boy settle in uncomfortably, seeming to fumble as he found a place next to the pale elegant girl. As if he'd not called the focus on himself enough earlier he now announces what the rest let alone, whether they consciously did it or not, here he comes to state it plain and straight. She found herself enjoying his child-like awkwardness, just watching him idly while the group starts to digest their thoughts and statements, and the names and places thrown about.

Clearly the stranger was thwarted by the instant attention, but brought his name up for the group to swallow anyhow. He seemed so out of place, as most newcomers do – he seemed to wriggle under the microscope of their eyes. Tangere let her smile fade slightly and continues to watch Lendri squirm.

Erthë. She says this pleasant enough for the group – though Tangere could not help but notice her beady little eyes froze on her. Tangere naturally offers a nod and a half smile, the one for strangers and the like. Suddenly though, just as the silvery mare's eyes started to drift back to Lendri, the little thing piped up. Her insult was thrown with a fragile sounding voice, hurled into the atmosphere with no purpose other than to stir something dark and broody. Um, rude. Her eyes slide to Agnodice who tries to swallow her chuckles and then back to to filly with a half-lit stare of unamusment. “Not that I am aware of, sweetypie.” She mocks the lightness the child's voice bares, hiding her own juicy notes behind it's prodding veil. “Why...is that what the Throat's healer recruits do?” Her head swings back and forth, her laughter is soft and fades away. That's quite enough of that, really.

The group has formed. Rift and Erthë snuggling in the corner – stroking one another just to hear themselves purr. Agnodice, for whatever reason, finds the child's instigation amusing...and who can blame her, really? Though not impressed, Tangere tries to remember that a sassy little girl is nothing to get an anger-boner about. How did this happen? She makes her eyes harden onto the pale filly and scours her vast mind for a memory of the little thing. Nothing. Why the SASS? With her head tilted she observes the girl until someone else speaks and then her attentions move quickly to that party.

Image By PSILO!

Edit: I TOTALLY MEANT TO WRITE THE EDGE. ..SORRY..
DAMN IT >.<

@Rift

• You may use violence and magic against her at will, but no death.
  • Please tag me so I don't forget anyone(:

Rift Posts: 43
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 5
Eris

This is something
All or nothing
RIFT

The stallion seemed uncomfortable as he stated his name, dual toned eyes distant and without warmth. Lendri. Rift studied the newcomer further, curiosity winning over his manners. The unicorn looked worn, tired and tossed about upon the backs of what waves Rift could not surmise. It was then that the sorrel stallion realized why the stranger stirred up such a strong sense of familiarity; they were merely two battered leaves sprouting from the same tree. 

He had seen the same expression that was painted so painstakingly upon Lendri's face countless times in his own reflection; the tattered exhaustion, the emptiness, the craving for something, anything that could reach out and flip the lights back on. A swallow, a step forward, Rift found himself yearning to know this gruff creature, to enfold him in friendship and trust, to hear the echoes of voices that must haunt him as well.

If only to know that he was not alone in this world, if only to know that he was not the only one still haunted by a past that refused to let go. 

Lips had parted, questions hanging there, begging to be asked and answered; but there was an interruption and Rift found that his tongue had grown limp. Erthe, her name was Erthe. He looked down to the pearled child at his side as she stepped closer, the urge to drape his wing across her back as he would his own sisters nearly overwhelming him. Rift felt his heart swell at the memory of his siblings, their chiming laughter and warm embraces filling the lad's thoughts for a moment before washing away beneath the sound of Erthe's voice filling the forest once more. 

As in, you cause the damage that the real healers have to clean up?

Eyes widening as the corners of his mouth pulled down, Rift noted the way Erthe's tail curled about her leg and wondered if she had really meant the seemingly playful outburst. An ear swiveled toward Agnodice at the sound of her soft laughter, though Rift had pinned his attention to the Basin mare; would she take the prodding comment as an affront and attempt to harm the ivory child or would she simply laugh it off in goodwill? The ruby stallion felt his muscles coil as the tension rose, he was no warrior and knew nothing of battle, but if push came to shove, he would not hesitate to put his body between that of Erthe and Tangere. His jaw clenched as the horned mare parted his lips to reply, but no aggression was issued, no, only a snide remark that was dimmed down by it's blatant ignorance. 

Furrowing his brow in confusion, Rift looked from Tangere to Erthe to Agnodice to Lendri then back on to Erthe. Had Tangere mistaken Erthe for a Dragon's Throat member despite her previous statement that she was of the World's Edge? Did she think that he was a Healer? His finely dished profile had tilted as he looked on; was she simple? He thought back to their first encounter only a few days ago, where he had stumbled upon the mare shoving a length of berries into the face of a newcomer. Rift pursed his lips in thought, it was true that the Basin mare laughed enough at things that were clearly not meant to be funny, it was very possible and even likely that the unicorn lass was simple in the head. 

Reaching down to bump Erthe softly atop her forehead, Rift addressed Tengere, his voice kindly and without accusation, "I think you are mistaken, miss Tangere, I am no Healer and Erthe is no Throat mare. Is it possible that you have become confused? In my knowledge, snideness and insults only come from a place of either insecurity or immaturity," He smiled apologetically, the concern for what he believed was a mentally undeveloped creature plain upon his features, "I wouldn't deign to assume whichever category your insult grew, but I do hope that you may soon learn how to prevent such embarrassing outbursts."

With that he nodded encouragingly and turned back to Lendri, "Good to meet you, Lendri. I hope we aren't overwhelming you with... well, with whatever just happened."

words: ### | tag: @Lendri @Tangere @Agnodice | notes: Hello there!
All force toward Rift is permitted, barring permanent injury and death. 
All non-aggressive contact is permitted. 
Please tag Rift in all replies!
xoxo

Unregistered
I can look after myself.

The words echoed throughout the air as if she was speaking from afar. But she wasn’t and that made clear when she spoke about her father being in the so called Edge. And just then I didn’t see Erthe anymore Cassari – instead I saw our darling Terachi. Fragile. Frail. Wavering upon the edge of sanity and a complete breakdown. Okay maybe that last bit wasn’t similar to Terachi, but instead me. Erthe may have been roughed up and toughed up on the outside but surely on the inside she felt the loneliness the bitterness of losing a parent and then only to be filled with a feeling of disappointment as her only parent left would rather run about on his own than keep an eye on his progeny. It sickened me and a sour taste filled my mouth as I thought about it more and more. I tried to forget Cassari, but no matter how hard I tried the thought was recurrent. My eyes narrowed as I looked away from Erthe and the others.

“Your father is a fool for not keeping you within sight,” the words actually had some emotion to them but it was more of a condescending tone than anything. Then I looked back towards the girl and my eyes softened just a little as she turned to speak with the others.

And for a minute Cassari, a minute, everything seemed peaceful…that was until Erthe moved closer to Rift and made some snarky comment towards another. To whom I didn’t really pay all that much attention but it irritated me. Granted I had to remind myself that Erthe was still a child and had much to learn. Not to mention she probably wasn’t learning all that much about manners with no stable parental figure. But the way her tail curled around her leg also made me wonder if there was some sort of backstory between her and whomever she had shot the comment to. Whatever the case was it was soon broken by Agnodice grinning and choking down a laugh. The corners of my lips turned downwards as I stood to the side out of the way of any chaos that followed.

Tangere was the next one to speak words. Though her words didn’t make my mood any better than what it was before them. Instead, the corners of my mouth pulled down even further as if they had weights hanging from them and my eyes narrowed and grew cold. The sour taste in my mouth before grew worse as I listened to Tangere mock Erthe and then move on to making a nasty comment to the one from the Throat…Rift I believe.

Seething anger boiled and bubbled within me Cassari. It was growing into an unruly energy that I had to work hard at containing. So I closed my dual colored eyes and tried my best to ignore what was happening. But just a few minutes after I closed my eyes and wrestling with my growing anger, Rift the stallion from the Dragon’s Throat…or at least I thought that he was from the Dragon’s Throat. Anyway his voice rang out against the air calmly as he seemingly tried to quell the ensuing fight that was being prodded at as if it were a sleeping beast.

My eyes opened and looked upon this Rift with keen eyes that held a new found interest as he turned to me and apologized in a way for what had happened. Now he had some manners, Cassari. Perhaps this new land wasn’t to be as bad as our homeland was growing to be.

“Mm,” I mumbled through closed lips and a slight dip of my head to Rift as a form of acceptance to his apology and welcome, then I paused and heaved a big sigh before actually speaking to everybody, “Pitiful.”

Yes, I only said one word…but then I carried on after a long break which consisted of me formulating my anger into the words that I wanted to voice, “I find it pitiful that I had left my homeland to escape from the fighting only to be greeted by individuals from different herds who can’t even get along for a few hours.”

I looked between them all and spoke to first Tangere and then Agnodice, “Children need to learn manners, but how on earth do you expect them to learn if those around her fail to reciprocate proper mannerisms. Besides picking fights with a child…that’s just disgraceful,” my words lashed out at Tangere as a verbal whip of sorts, then I turned to Agnodice with the same tone, “And you…though you say nothing your actions spoke for you. Finding amusement in a fight is revolting. After what I’ve been through and escaped from, I don’t see how anyone can find amusement in such barbaric things.”

Another sigh escaped my lungs as I worked on calming myself down if even a little bit and as time passed it worked. After I had calmed down enough, I looked to those that had surrounded me. Each one of them were from a different herd. Each one of them from a different walk of life. And each one of them with the same goal in mind, I was guessing on this to be honest. So I decided that should set aside the past actions. Wipe the slates clean and forget what had happened just briefly ago.

“Clearly,” I mumbled out to them with only a slight bit of agitation lingering in my voice, “All of you are here for the same reason: to persuade me to join your herd. I do believe I am correct in guessing that?” I paused as my gaze passed between all of them before moving on, “So convince me. Why should I join your herd? Why is it the best option for me?”

With a stoic carriage I looked at them all and waited to hear what they all had to say so then I could sift through the rubbish and pick out the truths and things that actually mattered. Only once hearing all of their pleas would I make my decision as to who to follow to a new home.

"speech"
notes:: sorry i took so long was kinda sick then had to be social for the holidays xD
tags:: @Erthë @Agnodice @Tangere @Rift tagging all of you because i took so damn long sorry xD
pattern credit
coding help from evvers

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie

What I arrived on... It set my body tingling in all kinds of anger. How dare that healer act snarky towards the throat or anyone else for that matter? So, my arrival is full of irritation and anger towards my herd mate. My ears slip back in a menacing manner as I step forward into the group of horse like creatures, my dark blue eyes glaring at the grey paint. You are now on my shit list.

"Well, Tangere. Seems like you are still stuck in the past of rascism and hate. Did someone forget to tell you we are on good terms with every herd present? I guess not." My eyes swing round to look at the others present. "I am sorry for what my herdmate has said," I look to the intended target to bring home a smile lifting my features. "I can assure you that not all in the Basin are nearly as rude. As to why you should join our herd, well I guess you would have to decide for yourself. The Aurora Basin is cold, and snowy, and it is not for everyone. But it is beautiful, and despite the past we are changing and becoming far more accepting to those around us. While there are none that reside within our borders who do not posses a crown upon their forehead, there have been many appearing who are winged as well as crowned. Our own previous lady was part equine. One knew from her companion. We are searching for dedication however. We have had issue's as of late, with some not coming through on their oaths to protect and serve, despite their duties." I smile softly, as my speech had brought me into a more relaxed state, and I suddenly realized in my anger towards Tangere, I had forgotten something important. "I am Sialia, by the way. I am Corporal of the aurora Basin."

Base Code: Tamme    Art & Customization: Goatfairy

@Lendri 
 @Tangere 
 @Angonice
 @Rift 
 @Erthe 
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

non omnis moriar

She watches Rift and let's him say his piece with nothing in return. She simply smirks at him . Oh, what a badass. Her tail flicks from side to side and she moves her coppery eyes from one individual to the next. So grumpy. Why so grumpy? It's you. The birds voice chimes from wherever he is. Tangere simply grins harder, deeper. What a bunch pussies, then. She's already moved on from the baby's comment. She's a kid. Who cares. She misspoke when she had lashed back at Erthe with an equally snarky but harmless chide. Rift is still boiling about it. Good Gods that one is so very sensitive. Her thoughts go unanswered and she simply looks on. They're all so pissy. And now Lendri speaks, frowning like a little boy's with his ice cream in the sand.

Picking fights?” This blurts from her mouth draped in whimsical laughter. She isn't even really trying, it's just happening. This is happening. Suddenly she feels as though it is time to leave. This group is aggressive, childish (literally) and the prize seems hardly worth it. And when he asks for an explanation of her home, of all of their homes, she snickers a last time and interjects – if it is interrupting, she does not care. She simply goes on with a frigid voice, one she had gained from life in the cold Basin. Normally she has a gentled, warm syrup sort of voice. She isn't actually like a lot of her kinfolk...but ironically those who boast racism are normally the offenders. She adopts the typical Basinfolk temperament, just for them. They wanted it. They'll get that shit.

You want to know about my home?” She draws back her head with mocking laughter, even a scoff, “You're too soft, boy.” her eyes harden to Lendri. “Go mew with your friends in some warm, weak place somewhere, surrounded by soft-heads like yourself.” She steps closer to him, suggesting a nose-to-nose sort of confrontation. She can see the rest of his magnificent body from her peripherals while she stares into his brain from his eye holes. What a shame. He might have been a nice addition. “Follow one of these nice folks here, because you're not welcome in my Basin.” Staring still, hard, blowing billows of warm breath from her nostrils. Her heart-rate is rapid and her muscles tremble with adrenaline. She doesn't like to be prodded.

Tangere's temper is too far to be reeled back in now. It's done. He's officially uninvited.

Someone comes in. Suddenly, in the middle of everything and juts their nose. Oh look. It's a Basinfolk. Tangere almost smiles until the little fucker stares her down and moves to join the rest. Really? She didn't hear a thing...wasn't involved and comes in to immediately throw a herd-mate under the moving bus? Tangere's lips crinkle and she steps backward a bit, Lendri was no longer a concern. Sialia scowls at her fellow Basiner and re-invites someone she's never met and takes sides with others not of kin. If she was going to say aloud who was on who's shit-list, it would certainly be mutual. She's clearly never met Tangere, who is the last thing from racist; and...she would gladly add if she weren't holding back violence, the Basin only accepts unicorns...so...not in the past, dumby. She doesn't add this though. She only watches as the girl spews more and more idiocy in the name of the Basin.

Facefuckingpalm.

OK.” Her voice is deep and solid, falling like a heavy stone. She wants so badly to state that her herd's alliance with other herds does not dictate just how she feels about individuals. She leaves that alone though, for fear she may physically assault someone in her family. “You,” her eyes are on fire and they settle on little miss Corporal. “I'll speak to you when you arrive at home – and if you have THAT ” Her nose motions toward Lendri, “On your arm I will fucking kill him.” Her words are non-negotiable and her eyes do not waver as they stare into Sialia's. She clearly doesn't give any fucks about her rank at this very moment and doesn't need to air the Basin's dirty laundry in front of others. She spins gracefully and disappears into the fog and blur of surrounding aspens.

As she moves away she wonders just how that happened. She re-caps and still cannot find the real reason that recruiting turned ugly. It was honestly her first confrontation, her first real altercation. Of course nothing became physical, though those prospects do not scare her at all, but still her blood is running hot and cold through her veins as she trots away. She goes through the scene over and over, beginning to end. She grumbles at the things she should have said and some things she shouldn't have. She lets it go by the time she is leaving the Threshold. Lendri doesn't matter and neither to any of the others. Their faces, names and ranks and homes all jarbled to together and nearly forgotten.

Sialia, though. That shan't be forgotten or let go. That is home business and that business she takes very seriously. One of the only things, really. Tangere will be waiting, with folded arms and tapping a foot on the frozen ground.

Image By PSILO!

uhm..i've literally never seen her made before..sooo..
<33 love

NESSIE i'll post tang in the basin for Si if thats ok c;
unless she gets lendri and then she'll crash a welcoming thread lols

@Lendri @Sialia @Rift

Chan

The insult on her father did not go unnoticed. Woolen ears snapped backwards in an instant and when the child turned her eyes back on the sad-eyed stallion it was with cold rage burning in her gaze and icicles forming on her tongue.

"Don't you dare talk smack about my dad!" she hissed, bristling and swelling as feathers ruffled, puffed up and made her look much bigger than before - not that the effect was overwhelming, she was still by far the smallest of the gathered horses. "You don't know anything about him or me, so just take your stupid opinions and ..."

But what exactly she suggested he do was drowned by the added rage of Tangere, which might be as well because so far, Erthë really hadn't made a good impression. Bristling and angry at being interrupted she glared at the offensive healer-in-training, hackles raised and with thoughts longingly resting upon the hidden weapon she always carried around. Imagine the sound she would make if Erthë placed a bolt in that flabby arse of hers... now wouldn't that be a sight to behold!

It went without saying that they had been making a lot of noise. She wasn't even surprised when yet another unicorn joined them, from the Basin if the conversation and sharp words was anything to go by. Something smug and triumphant crept across her face as Erthë watched the fiendish mare get scolded, and as Lendri demanded they should persuade him to join them she leered back at him, snorting at the mere idea.

"What makes you think I came to invite you anywhere? If you want to come to the Edge you'll have to ask nicely. But since you spoke ill of my father I'm not sure I'll accept even if you beg to join. Give me a reason why I should let you follow me home!?"

"Well, if you intend to apologize then it's another matter, I suppose."

She flicked her mane haughtily and stared up at him, as challenging as she could become. Though still angry, there was also slight curiosity teasing through her brain; he accused them of being childish, but would he be able to be the better stallion and apologize himself?

Regardless, this was growing really tedious and Erthë longed to be on her way, the sooner the better.

Erthë
and my knees are shaking - - and my dreams are breaking - - but i know i live today

bg || image || table

@Lendri

Unregistered
Obviously what I had said had bristled some of Erthe’s feathers the wrong way. It was easy to tell by the way she responded with her hissing voice and puffed up body. She was on the defensive and beginning to say how I didn’t know anything about her father or her. But she didn’t realize just how much I probably did understand their circumstances. Her father had lost his mate and she her mother. I lost you and our darling daughter Terachi. If there was anybody here that could possibly understand her father, I was probably the closest one. Granted that’s a rather brash conclusion since I still don’t know anybody else’s past in the slightest.

My ears bolted in the direction of Tangere as her voice now overwhelmed the surrounding area. Dual colored eyes hardened as she laughed mockingly and called me soft. And it really struck a nerve. Anger coiled within me tighter and tighter the more she spoke and said how I was no longer welcome to her Basin. Then I reached my limit and the tension in the growing coil of anger snapped within me and tore through my body like a relentless whirlwind until it began to work its way out, “Soft?!” It began with an tension filled voice, “You think I am soft?!” now my voice was churning itself into pure anger, “I’d like to see you fight in a war and then have a comrade fall sick of the mind and torture and kill your mate and daughter and not be changed in the slightest!”

Too much. I felt like I had said too much. They didn’t need to know about you and Terachi. I didn’t need to remind myself that you both were gone, never to come back. I bit my lip as a means to hold myself back. It was hard, but after biting hard enough I could taste blood and I immediately grew disgusted with it all. All the fighting. All the anger. All the hate.

Luckily a newcomer happened to walk in on everything and it gave me time to calm myself the hell down. She seemed to know Tangere, but not only that they were herd mates. I almost began to roll my eyes not ready to deal with two hot headed mares, but then the new mare surprised me by apologizing for Tangere’s behavior and then went on to explain their herd and how they were I the process of growing more open minded and how they were searching for dedication more than anything.

She smiled but I failed to reciprocate the kind gesture, Tangere had made that nearly impossible. So after the mare introduced herself as Sialia I took a deep breath and released before speaking, “I appreciate the information, but I’m afraid your herd mate has already injected enough poison to deter me. My apologies for your wasted time and breathe.”

After this, Tangere spoke some more but towards Sialia so I didn’t pay her any attention and waited for her to leave before addressing Erthe who I had noticed had spoken in regards to my request. She wasn’t happy with me either Cassari. How in the world did I manage to put off nearly everybody here? So before I even spoke I let out a sigh and looked her in the eye, “I’m sorry for how I acted. I spoke from my own personal experience and though I do feel something along those lines, I should not have expressed them the way I did,” I paused as I rethought what I had just said and when I felt that it was sufficient I moved forward though I didn’t completely answer all her questions I did bring up the subject, “There is a similar ritual where I come from for when newcomers did happen to appear, though we only had one herd really so a bunch of people would just go to welcome them and offer to show them around the place. I presumed this was something similar. So…if I am correct...” I paused yet again and lowered my head to Erthe’s ear to whisper into it, “If you’re willing, how about we get away from everybody here?”

My words were a clue to Erthe that she had come out the winner in this ‘battle’. That I would follow her to her home if she so wished to bring me there. All she had to do was realize that she had won and agree. Hopefully she would and we could get out of this toxic situation together.

"speech"
@Sialia @Tangere @Erthë
pattern credit
coding help from evvers