the Rift

[PRIVATE] Bare Bones [Sun]

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
Tilney
the fate of glass is to break.

Ideally Tilney never would of ventured to such a place on his own, however curiosity was one of this stallions driving most forces and he could not ignore wanderlusts enchanting call. Slow and gingered were his steps, irises wide and scanning the desolate scape surrounding him. He wondered what could happen if he did misplace his footing in a place like this... would the ocean-like magma swallow him whole? At the edge of the volcano he stood, having crossed its salt water moat. Peering his nose down until it could just bare the sweltering heat of the blue lava, he gazed with awe. What a sight. He couldn't wait to tell his friends at the edge of the wonders he had seen this day. 

And Carlisle! She had stayed back on the rocky bridge, too scared to come forwards to meet the gods. He could not wait to tell her what she had missed out on. Up ahead he caught sigh of the shrines he had heard of, each dedicated to the gods and goddesses. His paces were quieter and shorter still as he stepped along the rocky platforms, weaving his way over each volcanic step. Studying each of the shrines, his heart quickened in its cage. The most intriguing was one that had cracked so much a good half of it had tumbled to the sea below. The others were blackened, cracked or decorated in glowing vines. First he wondered which of these belonged to the moon goddess; She was the patron of his home the Edge, so perhaps he'd pay his respects while he was here. His eyes took him back along each shrine, trying to decipher which one could belong to the god of the sun; it was this god he had come here to pray to. 

Since his entry to helovia he had felt closer to this deity then nay of the others, and he hoped he might be granted a blessing or two for his career as a healer. He was quite dedicated to the god of the sun and while he had many questions for him he decided to just give his thanks to him if he could. 
Do they know I am here? 
Still unsure which of the four shrines belonged to his god, he bowed his crown to all four of them. 

Art by Candid-Crocodiles @ DA

Using my VOGT pass
Questing for :: [Magic; Light - Telepathy] Able to hear the thought of others once Contact has been made.
Restrictions; subject must be in a 30m maximum radius and lasting only 20 seconds in battle. Upgraded; Subject must be near by, last for one minute
@Mythical Request

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

A beam of light suddenly appeared from no where in particular. Light radiated and bled outwards from the central spire, of what was quickly becoming a pair of horns. Gently the light bounced down, falling upon the God's golden pelt, and revealing his form. Fire bloomed and blossomed, dripping in molten puddles and forming around the God's hooves as the beam of light slowly faded away, leaving only his golden presence to behold.

"Are you being respectful? Or just merely playing the odds?" The God asked, his voice warmth and rich, his question pointed. Appreciation of his siblings was a trait the God could understand, yet he had known far too many who were more than two-faced around them - they were three, or four faced - offering praise or snide remarks based on whichever of his siblings they sought. Although the lantern-totting beast before him seemed to have true intentions, it never hurt to ask.

The God folded his flaming wings patiently against his golden flanks. His body was lithe and elegant, and even the addition of his wings did not make him appear to be bulky, but merely enhanced the golden glow that gently framed his entire body. Oh sure, he could peer into Tilney's mind - find out just what his intentions precisely were - but the God preferred to occasionally let those before him speak for themselves. As much as he appreciated the clarity that seeing into their thoughts afforded him, there was a certain charm that came with mortal justification. And so he would let Tilney answer for himself.

CREDITS

Tilney

It was quite ironic how the lack of light left Tilney blind... but an excess of it left him just as sightless. Shocked was he, the lithe golden stag who had hopped from rock to rock to find the gods; It appears he had found what he had been searching for most of the day. Prongs had appeared first, followed by the candescent winged frame of the Sun God. Tilneys entire jaw had fallen a few inches by now, totally enchanted by what he was seeing.

Awaiting the shining deities words, Tilney again bowed his bark coloured crown to his lord. 
"Are you being respectful? Or just merely playing the odds?" 
Lifting his bronze head, his eyes set directly on the glimmering god before him Tilney immediately answered. "I have come here seeking you, but the truth is, My Lord, I did not know which of these four shrines was dedicated to you..." He spoke shyly and slightly ashamed; He hoped desperately he hadn't offended him. "Not to say I don't respect your siblings... It is your sister I have to thank for providing me with a home at the Edge, Your brother - the one of the spark - is who I wish to thank for the auroras I got to see at the basin. And you other brother I don't believe I could thank enough for the beautiful birds, the mountains... the trees."

He took a step or two closer to the god, a wide smile stuck to his face.  "Since my arrival in Helovia I have felt the closest to you. Your power to heal and grow is what I most of all admire. I wish to hold an ability like that one day"

@Mythical Request

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

The God was pleased that Tilney did not cower before him. Some regarded his questions as too weighty to bear, even when he meante them only casually. Surely it was his position as a God that led tot hose kinds of responses, but it was so tiresome. The God approved and appreciated of those who could hold their own before him.

"These shrines used to be so much more. Life grew here, and our shrines were merely a testament to our devotion to Helovia. But that devotion was abused, and our positions had to be ... retracted somewhat. That is why you don't see us lingering here any longer ... it is why these stones are nearly differentiated from one another. "

The God dipped his elegant golden muzzle as the marked stallion described the ways in which his siblings had gained his reverence. Such respect was certainly an anomaly in Helovia, or at least it certainly wasn't as prominent as it used to be. Perhaps if there were more like Tilney, they could return to the veins ...

"Do you now? Healing certainly is admirable. Is that why you have come here? To seek such an ability?"

Healing ... it was something most associated with his brother, who used the components of the very earth to bleed away ailments. But it was the Sun's light and radiance that allowed even the darkest of wounds to be eradicated. And yet ... With a skeptical smile the God waited for an answer, thinking that perhaps Tilney had something else in mind.

CREDITS

Tilney

Listening to his lord with the most open ears, his eyes finally fell from the golden creature and traced once again over the diminished altars. The ballad that the deity spoke to him was tragic as it was interesting. So the gods did walk among the helovians in the past. How terribly unfortunate it was that beings so supreme were abused by common creatures. "You wont ever return?" was then whispered solemnly, his crown falling again in respect for the magnificence before him. He felt as though he might say something terribly wrong.

Audits pricked once again, keenly his nares flared as the Sun bellowed a query. "Oh, yes! but in time. I would still like to learn all I can about healing with herbs and plants like the healers of my herd; The moon doctors spend so much time learning, I wouldn't want to miss out on that invaluable knowledge you see"

"Another gift I admire is that of telepathy. To hear what others are thinking. I believe it could be a most useful device in my line of work as a nurse! Maybe... just maybe I could understand things from my patients point of view, and fully understand their pain. I could answer questions they may be too afraid to ask, and it could also be a useful tool against deception... what a gift!" 

In his enthusiastic cheers about telepathy, he had hardly realised his prancing in a complete circle around the golden god. His cranium hung, hoping once again that he hasn't offended the divine being. "Though in truth, my lord I do not feel right asking you for such a gift. you already do so much for me! I came here to express my gratitude most of all... But if there is anything I may do for you so I might possibly earn gift as incredible as that...well, I am completely at your service" 
he bronze stallion bowed, his knee falling to the blackened ground. His crown hung in respect and his viridescent eyes closed.  Tilney was still totally in awe.

@Mythical Request

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

The God's golden shoulders shrugged in reply. Would he and his kin ever fully return to this island? He looked around, molten gaze surveying the old stones, the weary waves, the stagnant air. Likely not - so much time had passed ... the God could scarcely recall what it was like when he moved about here freely, answering the prayers of those who knelt before him. They I<>were like Tilney, pure of heart and merely at the shrines to offer thanks and thoughtful gifts or songs. They did not expect anything in return, and yet the delight in their eyes when one of his kin did appear, was true.

Just as it was with Tilney.

The God would indeed grant this gift.

"You will hear more than you might think. Their thoughts will turn from the care you are giving them, to your personal hygiene, your appearance. They will pass silent judgement on you, even while you save their lives. You must first temper yourself so that their inner thoughts and selves do not destroy you. Here take this - " From behind the God's flaming wing, he pulled out a small shiny yellowish stone. "This will render you invisible, but only for a time. Use it, and move unseen and unheard. But you will see and hear. The true test will be in how you react to the situations you are in. Use this stone when others are speaking of you, presumably without your knowledge. When they are making plans you would normally abhor, or when they want to endanger those around you. Use it, when words which are not meant for your ears, are spoken. And then ... decide what is to be done. If the words are not meant for you, should you act upon them? Will you let them know of your gift, thereby ruining its secretive power? When you have done this five times, the stone will break, and you may return to me here. Do you understand?"

TILNEY SPY MODE ENGAGED.

You will always need permission for Tilney to spy in threads, and he can turn the power of the stone on/off with his mind. But he can only use it for these threads - it won't work for anything else. Basically the God wants Tilney to use the stone and overhear information that is not meant him him. It can be people talking about him (either positively or negatively), can be people plotting for/against his herd, for/against those he cares about, etc. And then Tilney must decide what to do in each situation. For example, if someone is bad mouthing one of Tilney's friends and he hears this, will he turn off the stone and go defend the friend? Etc.

CREDITS