[PRIVATE] this terrible journey

Alleo Posts: 115
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
ali
Alleo
and I know its hard when you’re falling down
and its a long way up when you hit the ground

Life was not kind. Life was not fair. And sometimes life was not worth living.

The worst moment of Alleo's life was realizing that he'd failed his youngest sister, Hana, and that he was failing Lakota and Rasta. He had promised that he would keep the both of them safe and he had failed continuously to do that. He had promised Rasta that he wouldn't hurt her, but then he'd turned and fought against her family when his sister helped invade the Falls and then  he disappeared. While his disappearance wasn't without a reason or a purpose he still left without saying anything to Rasta or to his sister. He just left. He wandered and he searched because he had it in his mind that he needed to find Hana. He needed to bring her back to the Falls, back to their family where he could keep an eye on her and Lakota and protect the both of them when they needed it. She needed to be there when Lakota gave birth to her first child, because he'd seen the swell of Lakota's stomach even though he'd kept his distance and had never said anything to her.

But she was nowhere to be found in Helovia.

So he left. He slipped out of the Threshold in the cover of night and he searched until he finally found her, but he was already too late. Her body was was broken, her blood staining the ground red, and what was left of her soul had been slipping away. He'd laid beside her on the ground, the white of his coat being stained by the crimson of her blood, but he didn't care. He cradled his baby sister's broken body against his. He whispered to her that he loved her and that he was sorry he hadn't been there to protect her. Her asked her who had hurt her and she whispered brokenly to him, the descriptions of stallions that he knew. He made her promise him that she would meet him on the other side when he could finally join her and when she finally slipped away he continued to lay with her until her body was like ice against his own.

Only then did he rise, and when he did he hunted.

Alleo found them only a few hours later and when he did he attacked. The rage that he felt, the grief was mind numbing. He fought and he killed mercilessly and the blood of the stallions that had murdered his baby sister was added to the crimson of her own that turned his white coat to rust.

His coat was still stained red as he slipped back into Helovia's borders. The expression on his face was grim as he made his way toward the Falls, to Lakota and Rasta and a niece or nephew he had yet to meet. He still didn't know how he would tell her that their sister had died, how she'd been murdered by a band of stallions from their home. He didn't know how to explain to Rasta where he had gone and what he'd done because he couldn't lie. She would know. She would smell the blood and the sweat and he was sure she'd be able to sense the grief and anger that still boiled his blood.

As he stepped into the Hidden Falls territory he only felt a sense of dread because he would not be able to avoid the reunion that was coming and he knew it. He just hoped that he was strong enough to break the news to Lakota and accept whatever anger and disappointment Rasta would throw at him for his disappearance.

"."

0 words
@Rasta @Lakota

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
Rasta
God, it's been so long wide awake that I feel like someone else
I'll miss the way that you saw me or maybe the way I saw myself; But, I came back to you broken and I've been away too long
She had been getting ready to gather her things and leave. Yeah. Things. She doesn't really have things to gather. It was more or less like her sanity, her mind, her courage. It had been days - her coat healed from the multiple scratches she had inflicted upon herself to remind that she was actually capable of feeling. Ettore couldn't quite stand to be around her at the moment - to witness the pain she inflicted upon herself. But, he had still stayed - to stick around, to make sure she didn't tumble to her death as she maneuvered around all of these cliffs.

In fact, today she was going to actually leave, she was actually going to build up the courage to walk away from these lands. Each day she had gotten a little closer to the border - and today she knew she would be able to leave, to keep moving, to try and rebuild whatever it was she had lost and to reconnect with Ettore as she had planned upon doing so long ago.

And then, just as she went to leave… he appeared. He came back from the damn dead - because that was the only reason she could come up with for why he had left so suddenly and with no word. And for why on earth he had been gone for so long. But it is the smell of blood that hits her nares first and as Ettore flashes the images of him covered in maroon. This wasn't right. But as she came in closer she could smell that it had dried once before - the way it was mingling with his sweat and she managed to keep herself from screaming for a medic. He was alive and moving, but whatever had happened… Ettore doubted he had just killed a wolf or two. "You're alive," she whispers - body freezing in place as her mind ran in circles.

She had been ready to leave and he finally appeared. But she's still numb. She's definitely still numb. The wave of emotions that was usually so strong when she was around him… it was missing. She couldn't be mad. She couldn't be disappointed. She couldn't even be happy that he was back. Everything was wrong. She was screwing up everything and she had to be the reason that he had left. She'd pushed him away for something or other and so he'd left to go do something - whatever it was.

So now she was here, trying to be independent - to find herself. And she didn't know how
I hear the words I've spoken and everything comes out wrong; Just can't get this together, can't get where I belong
Image Credit

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

ali
Alleo

As fate would have it, Alleo had very little time to prepare himself for a face to face meeting with Rasta. She was right there as he crossed the border and he could only imagine that she was leaving to go somewhere. For as long as he'd known the mare she'd never been one to sit still. She was always moving, always traveling, always making him wonder where she was going or when she would be back and he'd always waited for her. He wondered if she was leaving to look for him or if she was leaving because she was tired of waiting, but he couldn't make himself ask the question as she came closer. He could scarcely make himself breathe as he watched her.

"You're alive."

Yes. Yes, he was still alive, but he would rather his body have been found in the middle of the woods than his sister's. He would have rathered suffer and bleed to death than his sister. It was several long moments before he finally spoke. "...yeah." But there was a tremor in his voice, one that if Rasta were as perceptive as he remembered her to be would pick up on. She would know something was horribly wrong, which honestly went without saying considering he was covered in blood and sweat. He was a stallion that was meticulous with his hygiene and was never dirty, but he had not been able to bring himself to wash Hana's blood from his coat. It was all he had left of his baby sister.

"...I'm sorry." He said and he struggled to hide the tremor in his voice and the defeat in his tone. He'd failed. He'd failed her, he'd failedLakota, he'd failed Hana, he'd failed himself, and he'd failed his grandmother. He didn't know how much more he could handle, how many more failures could be saddled with before he cracked and fell apart. "Are you leaving?"

"."

0 words
@Rasta @Lakota

Rasta
I'll miss the way that you saw me or maybe the way I saw myself; But, I came back to you broken and I've been away too long
He was… was he breathing? Was she imagining this whole thing? She swished her tail, forcing the ground to vibrate ever so slightly. She was fighting to feel every bit of his frame, every movement it generated until she could feel his breath rattling in his lungs. Then, the word 'yeah' - a tremor being lilted as he spoke. "… Thought you were dead this time…" It was a whisper, a broken whisper. The courage she had built up - to find the strength to leave the shackles of a place which had held the heart of the only creature other than Ettore who could hold her heart. She didn't even call it a home. There wasn't enough family here to call this place a home. Alleo had been her home.

She can't say anything else, but Ettore can feel the pain, the heated flash of love and concern, and the confusion that was laying deep below the surface of numb. He flew forward, trying to land on Alleo - to try and express the emotions that she just couldn't bring herself to feel. She was stabbing roots against the back of her fetlocks. She could cut small slashes against it, remind herself that I was okay to feel something - to feel anything - and it wouldn't hinder her normal movements at all.

He said he was sorry - but the tremor was showing again, as well as…. Was that a tinge of defeat? Her blind eyes are dancing back and forth, always unable to focus as she lets out a small sigh before his question goes on about if she was going to leave.

"I was… I was building up the courage to leave the borders again," she said - her voice is emotionless. She can't explain the numbness that is holding her. "I waited, with no real position, no purpose, and no family. I waited because this was your home and my home… my home has been with you." But she can't feel anything. She can't admit that she is actually afraid that if she feels these emotions that all she will feel is pain.

Ettore is pacing, chirping and clicking on Alleo's. He's anxious, he's afraid. He wants to comfort Rasta, but he can't. All he can do is continue to try and portray her emotions to Alleo - the emotions she's burying so deep that it's hard to distinguish between. "What did you do? The blood?" She questions, the rust smell is ingrained in her nostrils by now, of course, and even though she knows that if it was his that the wounds had started to heal by now, she is concerned for what is going on in his mind.
I hear the words I've spoken and everything comes out wrong; Just can't get this together, can't get where I belong
Image Credit

ali
Alleo

"...Thought you were dead this time..."

He heard her whisper and it drew a sigh from him. He closed his eyes so he wouldn't have to look at her when he whispered back "...I wish I was." because he was tired. He was tired of fighting, tired of caring, tired of loving, and tired of failing everyone that depended on him. His eyes opened when he felt the slight weight of Rasta's companion and he turned his head enough to watch the bird. He didn't have the energy to greet the falcon, just like he didn't have the energy to rush to Rasta and fold her into an embrace that he wondered if she needed just as much as he did.

He remained quiet as she answered his question, claiming that she was building up courage to leave the borders again. Had she needed to build up courage the countless times before that she'd slipped past the borders and left him wondering about her whereabouts and her well-being? He did not voice that particular opinion, but simply grunted because he didn't feel like arguing with her or opening old wounds while his new ones were still festering and bleeding. "I see." He finally muttered as she offered more of an explanation, but he said little more. What was there to say? What was there to do?

"What did you do? The blood?"

Alleo had known that the question would be coming, but he still flinched as if he'd been physically struck. "I..." He thought back to right after the invasion when he admitted to her that he was a killer and he was tasked with protecting his sisters. She'd told him he wasn't a mindless drone, yet there he was still trying to do what he'd been born to do and failing. "My sister, Lakota... I saw that she was pregnant and I knew that she would want our other sister, Hana, to be there when she finally gave birth
."
He started off. "So I left to find her... I found her body, Rasta. I found her slaughtered by the same warriors that I had fought with at home. They killed her to get to me. Its my fault that she's dead. My fault." His body had begun to shake as he spoke, but he pressed on. "I followed them." He said quietly. "I hunted them down. I killed them."

And now he was back, but he was far from being finished. He still had to tell Lakota that their sister was dead.

"."

0 words
@Rasta @Lakota

Rasta
Rasta was uncertain of how it was to go on ahead and proceed. He said that he wished he was dead, when she had said she thought he had been this time. It sent some kind of chill down her spine – something she noticed but couldn’t place the feelings for. She was too numb to place those feelings, to think, to comprehend just what exactly was happening. He seems to hold still, merely turning his head when her red-tailed hawk finally lands upon his flesh to show him the emotions she was incapable of finding at the moment.

He looked so… so gone. She couldn’t quite figure out how to help him when she knew that this wasn’t a home for her – it wasn’t somewhere she wanted to be. He asks if she had been leaving and she said she was trying to build up courage. His only response was an “I see”. It made her gut wrench, turn, spin, make her wish that horses could puke. ”I was afraid that if I left to find you… that you’d come back and think I didn’t care. And then I was afraid that if I stayed… that you might end up dying alone.” Was it even worth the attempt at an explanation? Oh, how she hoped it would make this entire situation somewhat better in the long run. But, for now, it just felt like a weak excuse for her inability to find strength to feel, to try and move forward. She was frozen in time in her mind like her body had been for so many years. Except now, the world was spinning so fast she couldn’t even try and keep up.

Cautiously, she inquires about the blood. She was not prepared for the way he flinched (or at least she assumed he flinched from the vibrations and Ettore’s reaction). He gave some back story. Something about his sister being pregnant and wanting to find the other sister. Okay, honourable enough. Far better than some of her ventures with no words. But he said he found a body… Was the blood all this ‘Hana’s’ or… ah, it was the people who had killed her. He had slaughtered them for revenge. He was shaking, and it was only then that she found some kind of strength to step forward and offer what little embrace she could find. ”How do you know? How do you know that they killed her to get to you?” It’s a weak question – as weak as her beating heart, but she can’t stand to see him in this much pain, regardless of the fact that she knows in her heart the Falls is not the right place for her to stay (to call a home).

She goes to shake her head, but decides not to in the end. ”It doesn’t matter. If they slaughtered anyone they deserved to die the same death as well… senseless…” Whispered, and fractured at the end. She deserved to be alone, for how many she had abandoned to try and find her path. Ettore digs his talon’s into Alleo’s hide – not deep enough to draw blood, but hard enough to pinch his flesh and try and garner his attention. It was a rabbit hole, and not a good one to be heading down.

She feels sick. ”Alleo… do you want Ettore to find Lakota? We can talk later – for there is more I want to say… but after the loss I don’t feel it to be the right time…” The middle of Orangemoon is looming in closer and she told Cera to give her until then. Aye, she would hold true to that promise. She wanted to finally find a home. ”If you want me to stay right beside you for a little while longer I will… I can’t begin to understand the pain.” And she couldn’t begin to feel the pain either. So numb. So gone. So frozen.
Image Credit