the Rift

[OPEN] baby, you're a firework [falls' foals!]

Macaria Posts: 57
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: Three Years [Birdsong]
Psilo

macaria

palest shadow; darkest light

Hiding away in the mists beneath one of the monster waterfalls she stands among the wet plant-life, fading jungly flowers and constant layer of moisture beading across her gray fur. She is just barely a year and has yet to master her 'gift'. Try as she might the sparks only fizzle and snap around her dapples, never extending her even leaving her side.

Perhaps it is all the..wetness... She ponders this and after a few tries the husky girl decides to go somewhere a little drier.

Away from the falls, just outside a dense tree patch that swims with mid-day shadows and the smell of danger. She looks into the abysmal umbrage of brambles and it sends a shiver down her spine. Her sparks shoot away from her, further than she's ever seen them go. They fly and twirl in a spectacular dance before crackling and fizzling out in the long emerald grass at her feet. A toothy grin spreads wide and greedily over her rosy pink lips, her voice chimes aloud with a giggle and she begins to trot around, turning every which way and kicking out with a display of orange ember sparkles spitting in her wake.  Some float, some preform a delicate spinning ballet and some sink like rocks. They are sloppy and not at all dangerous, but she does not care. She bounds and bucks, curling and snapping her white plumed tail and gathering her graceful form into a canter every few minutes. She seems to not tire of it even after twenty minutes or so, sweat gathering under her dark mane, it's thickness trapping the heat in between her neck and hair.  

Her dapples keep bubbling the burning orbs, weakening as she begins to tire. Finally her toes strike the ground a little softer, the earth torn from their grip. Her splayed feet made the ground so grab-able, so easy to manipulate over. She cannot imagine trying to live with big rocks for feet. When she finally stops she gives a shake, dust and dirt and whatever else fall away but the sparks have lost their charge. She bends around herself to poke her soft nose at the dapples blanketing her back, shoulders and hips. “Stupid..” She mutters with a growl at the magical failure. She is beginning to realize there is a lot more to learn about...damn.

image credits

hehe katy perry thread subject >;}

ALL FOALS WELCOMMMEEEEEE
[anyone is, really, but i thought a baby thread would be funtimeees]
@Murtagh @Vitani

Murtagh Posts: 92
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 hh :: 2.5 years
Sorellina :: Spectacled Bear :: None Sarah

Murtagh was running around, having been officially won over by this whole ‘warmth’ thing that had ruined his life at the beginning of Birdsong, and trying to decide what he wanted to do when he noticed some commotion near a patch of trees nearby. The imaginary cat demon that he had been stalking through the woods was going to have to wait - instantly forgotten when there was actual movement nearby. That heroic battle would have to wait for another day.

He was pretty sure he can see some sparks and there was definitely someone freaking out. Well whoever it was they were either having a lot of fun or something was going terribly wrong. Deciding that it was okay to venture a little closer - this part of the Falls probably wasn’t dangerous, right? He fully expected that one of his mothers or their companions would be lurking somewhere nearby anyway if anything did happen. Maybe this stranger needed his help! In his haste he forgot about the compass hanging around his neck, the one that would let him know if help was needed, and just went ahead to investigate.

Although he had been fully intending to ask about the sparks and what was going on, when he bounded up he saw that it was a filly and one that he recognized. Skidding to a stop - stumbling a little bit because the maneuver was a lot easier on snow than it was on grass - he blinked his lavender eyes at the girl a couple times before asking bluntly “Aren’t you the princess?” He remembered being so bored during that meeting and finding that little introduction probably the weirdest piece of news that had been shared. He still didn’t understand why it mattered who her father was - he hadn’t been introduced to the herd when he was born. And he was a biological marvel. But maybe there was more to her, he shouldn’t judge her so quickly.

Murtagh

@Macaria
[Image: 5626f07281a02]
pixel by Kiara <3

Outcast
Psilo

macaria

He'd be so disappointment to learn there is absolutely nothing more to her other than being the steely gray, big boned, peaceful daughter of Circe and Archibald. Nothing more, in her opinion. Nothing more than any other unicorn out there. Certainly not as interesting as the boy that comes striding out of the woods asking questions. Her honey eyes meet him with their typical wideness, unblinking as she looks him over with a sort of blank yet somehow cheerful look. Her expression scrunches at his blunt inquiry. “I guess so.” She has a sudden and uncomfortable flash back to the meeting...worst moment ever. And she's been foal-napped by a flying banshee, so, yeah. “Whatever that means.” She scoffs. “They don't tell me anything. They won't let me dooo anything.” She lets a devious smirk play across her lips, “I'm going to learn to make stuff though. From Brisa. I'm going to ask her to teach me.” She sucks in a breath quickly before letting another bout of sap sweet words melt out of her, “I'm going to make all kinds of cool stuff.” She takes another breath and stops herself from going on and on, zeroing her stare onto him. “What's your name, then?” She looks on expectantly, tossing her plumed tail at her hind ankles.

Fog wraps them, secludes them from the rest of the world. They're alone among the greenery and ethereal glow of the mists rolling off of the behemoth waterfalls. The rain will start soon, she notes this from the smell in the air. In will be a pleasant storm, with thunder and lightening and a gentle push of gusting winds to bend the trees and shake free the fruits of an Orangemoon jungle. She knows this somehow. By the smell, she thinks. Or maybe she's crazy as a loon and she made the whole thing up.

image credits

@Murtagh
sorry for the wait lovey

Aeolus Posts: 100
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: 3 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Growing bored yet again the colt finds himself wandering back towards the Falls. His thoughts were to go try and find someone to play with but in reality he didn't know too many others that would be willing to play. These were the days that being a lonely twin really sucked. With his brother gone there was nobody else to play with him. Why couldn't Kaj just do what he said he would and help him find a brother or sister. Snorting softly in annoyance the brindled boy stopped to look around to see if anything interesting was going on. Trees...trees... waterfall....another waterfall...foals.. Doing a double take to ensure that his eyes were not playing tricks on him again sure enough he caught sight of two foals talking just down the valley a ways. Flicking his tail against his sides to clear away the flies and shuffling his wings restlessly he stood contemplating joining in on the party.

Would they let him join in? Would they like him? Uncertainties played over and over in his mind making the decision much harder than it should be for the colt. By the looks of it he was a little bit older then them but what did that matter? Perhaps this might be his chance to find some playmates and have some fun! Making up his mind he set forth at a trot to go and join in.

Stopping only when he drew close he glanced between both the colt and the rather pretty filly pausing on her. "Hello!" He greeted enthusiastically. "Can I join in?" He asked lowering his voice back to a more normal level as he contained his excitement at having found others around his age.

Aeolus Speaks
Aeolus Thinks

•• TAGS: @Murtagh , @Macaria •• NOTES: Hope you don't mind ••

“The more you try to crush your true nature, the more it will control you. Be what you are. No one who really loves you will stop.”
Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]
Avatar 1 by Destrier Designs, Avatar 2 by BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**

Outcast

For her response to his question, Murtagh found that he might actually like this “princess”. She didn’t seem to be overly fond of the term, and he supposed he wouldn’t have liked it either if one of his mothers had pulled something like that in front of the entire herd. They still should have, though. It would have been nice to have at least had the option of being announced like that, you know.

But the whole concept of royalty and introductions disappeared out of his mind as she continues talking, the feeling of not being able to do anything one that he was familiar with.

And then she was smirking and talking about how she was going to learn about making stuff. Tilting his head, he considered pursuit. “What’re ya going to learn how to make?” He hadn’t really paid much attention but he was sure that at some point he had been taught about all the different roles in a herd. Crafting had apparently been one of them, but he couldn’t remember what the crafter person was responsible for.

The fog around him is encouraging him to hatch ideas, games that they could play - the pair of them are grey enough that they could disappear in this stuff easily. But before they can get to that, before he can even introduce himself or ask her what her proper name was (‘the princess’ was probably going to get old) they are joined by an older colt. This one doesn’t blend into the fog as much but he’s older and has wings so he must be alright, Murtagh supposed. “Sure!” Whatever they got up to, it could only be improved by the addition of another foal, right? “I’m Murtagh, this is the princess.” He gestured to the girl, introducing her and barely managing to contain his laughter as he tested out what it was like to tease someone.

Murtagh

@Macaria @Aeolus <33
pixel by Kiara <3

Outcast
Psilo

macaria

Oh I don't know! I am soooo excited though.” Her pink nostrils flit and quiver and her smile deepens with childish delight. “What're are you going to do?” She steadies her amber eyes onto the gray colt. “I've been told we have to choose now if we want to get good at a skill...” She sighs. “I hope it's not booooring.

“HELLO!” A creamy voice throws itself from beyond and her ears and eyes find the source immediately. She nearly jumps from her skin with innocent joy, “Hi!” She dances in  place, her splayed toes making no noise as she taps them over the mossy wet ground. Her tail twitches like a cats, curling and flitting it's bone white plume as she watches the boy join them. “Of course!” She looks to Murtagh and then back to the new boy. “Well, we aren't really doing much...but maybe we could find something to do.” If her body would allow her dappled shoulders to shrug, she would do so now. When her new friend introduces her she appears absolutely tickled...but 'the princess' thing makes her skin feel itchy. “My name is Macaria – I hate being called the Princess. It's stupid.” She frowns for about three seconds, about as long as her attention span in general. “What's your name?” Her eyes stick to him like glue. There are not many moments when her mouth is not moving and her brain whirling one hundred miles per hour – but right now, this very brief moment, it's happening. She has deduced that it's in fact not her turn to speak anymore, her turn is done for now and the air craves to be filled with a different  voice. She's pretty sure that's the general vibe. She could be crazy though, she does talk to her dead mother an awful lot to be  a completely mentally stable child.

Jus' sayin'.

She takes the very fleeting moment of her mouth's pause to let her eyes wander across the boy's golden accented wings. She liked them, no, she LOVED them. They're more beautiful than those of a bird and she freaking loves birds. Their shear size, their suggested power and grace...she tries to recall seeing a pegasus individual close up in her short and rather sheltered life...No one specific. Has she even? They're certainly everywhere, but her memories are blurry to the subject. Naturally, she'll now proceed to obsess.

(Three seconds of intense staring
Well. That moment of obsession is over. Who wants to play?

So what should we do? Should we explore or play chase or go find treasure or...?” All of these things and more are now fighting one another inside her mind. Which would be more fun? ALL OF THEM AT ONCE.

image credits

She's pretty much out of control in my head O.O
Spazzy. But fun to write haha

<33

@Aeolus @Murtagh

Aeolus Posts: 100
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: 3 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

When was the last time that he had actually gotten to play with someone his own age or even around his own age? Weeks? Months? Hell it had been way too long for his liking! Waiting for the other two to answer his request was like standing still with fire underneath himself. He wanted to bounce around happily and just let his boundless energy fly but he knew that others would likely believe him to be insane. Insane was not a good thing from what he had observed from the likes of a couple older adults who he cannot remember their names. Things never ended up so well for them, so clearly things were made for the less insane types like himself.

Blue eyes whip over to the colt who calls himself Murtagh before slipping sideways to the one referred to as the princess. Raising a brow he looked her over once or twice but really couldn't understand why she was some princess. Before he could address her as such her feminine voice filled the air with vocals of her own to correct the boy and make her own title be known. Macaria... he kinda liked that name it was pretty, not that he would admit it out loud.

The next thing that happens catches him off guard when the filly's eyes seem to plaster themselves onto him for what seemed like an eternity. Averting his eyes awkwardly he finds himself shuffling his wings to try and ease the insecurity of someone (especially a filly) staring at him. "My name is Aeolus." He introduces a little sheepishly finally finding the courage to return his eyes to Macaria who is strangely now off looking at something else. What was that all about? First she was staring and now she wasn't? Guess she decided he wasn't so weird after all he concluded with a slight shrug of his shoulders.

As the topic once again switched to something new his excitement once again bubbled up at the girl's suggestions. Chase was fun but then again so was exploring but treasure was the best thing! "Let's go search for treasure!" He commented enthusiastically hopping on spot before remembering he was trying to look not insane.

Aeolus Speaks
Aeolus Thinks

•• TAGS: @Murtagh , @Macaria •• NOTES: Sorry for the wait ••

“The more you try to crush your true nature, the more it will control you. Be what you are. No one who really loves you will stop.”
Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]
Avatar 1 by Destrier Designs, Avatar 2 by BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**

Outcast

“Who told ya that? That seems silly, why do we gotta pick now - we’ve got like.. a zillion years before we’re grown up! But I’m going to be a warrior like my papa! I’m going to stay up all night, patrolling the borders and keeping everyone safe.” Murtagh’s chest puffed out a little bit with pride at the prospect. Staying up all night seemed like a very big feat for him, young as he was, and he hoped Macaria found it as impressive as he thought it was. He certainly thought it was pretty cool that she was going to craft things, although his imagination was falling a little short on coming up with something to fill in the blanks after she had been less than helpful on the matter.

The growth of their merry band was completed with introductions - Murtagh finally learning the name of his new filly friend. “I like princess better.” He muttered under his breath, grinning wickedly as he did so, but committed it to memory to call her Macaria - and only bring out the princess title when (or if) she ever got annoying. Aeolus was the winged colt, Murtagh’s lavender eyes scanning those great, weird appendages with appreciation. Erthë had some too but he hadn’t seen her fly yet. Maybe Aeolus knew how to and would show them!

But before he could ask, the topic of what they should do was being bartered around and the mention of treasure had Murtagh’s eyes light up with a wild grin. Dancing on the spot, his agreement with this plan was evident before he even spoke. “Oh yeah! I hear one of those Rift gods is guarding a treasure near the waterfall. But the three of us will be able to defeat it! Come on!” Feeling pretty sure that both of his new friends had no shortage of energy, Murtagh whooped a small whinny before taking off into a canter - only stumbling once, right at the very beginning, he’ll have you know. He enjoyed the quick burst of a race but as they got nearer to one of the waterfalls - a calm one with a shallow pool at the base - he motioned for the others to follow him into some bushes nearby. “We gotta sneak up on him.” He explained in a whisper, finding a tree to hide behind from the monster guarding the treasure. “What does he look like?” Murtagh asked the other two, eyes bright and encoruaging them to join in the game.

Murtagh

@Macaria
pixel by Kiara <3

Outcast
Psilo

i've got my feet on the ground

and i don't go to sleep to dream

Aeolus seems interesting enough to her. As he shows such excitement for finding treasure she begins to grin with delight at his reaction. Of course they should find treasure, duh! She completely misses any sign that the winged boy may be uncomfortable, she's oblivious to such things – she cannot imagine fearing any attention at all. A very good idea, treasure hunting will be endless fun for sure, she muses to herself. Where would they start? What might hey find? Do these adorable boys perhaps know where to find anything interesting? Her eyes move to match the soft purple of Murtagh's as he speaks with charm in his young voice. “I like princess better.”She can feel the blood rush to her cheeks – if they were not dark in color they would betray her blushing expression. Her crescent smile is almost nervous, her white lashes fluttering with the sudden rush of jittery energy dashing around in her blood and guts.

Murtagh's wondrous idea snaps her out of any googly yucky cootie filled feelings that may have been budding all through her veins. She leaps in place and brushes her muzzle across Aeolus's chocolate cheek before springing forward after Murtagh. His question throws her off and she stumbles a bit while trying to catch up with him....She imagines all the possibilities of what may lay ahead. Danger seems to to have no place, no worry or fret about what violent acts may occur or injuries sustained...only the idea of fun and triumph. It will be such a festive occasion!...nope....no idea..” He head whips back and she finds Aeolus with her questioning stare, “Do you?

voice
thoughts

macaria

Image by Psilo!

@Murtagh
@Aeolus