the Rift

[OPEN] in the dead of night

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
Auriel
It's dark. Cold, too, but the chill doesn't bother me. It's too dark for me to up and about at this hour, but I don't think I care. I'm too tired and too far away from where I live (feels strange to call it home) to fly back now. I let out a smoky sigh, shaking my head back and forth. This place didn't seem too bad, so I suppose it wouldn't hurt to sleep here for a night.

I wondered, briefly, if my mother would be worried. I'm an adult and all, but after being gone so long, she's trying to make up for lost time. If I were a foal at this moment in time and spent a night away from her side, she would tear down Helovia looking for me, I think. I'm no foal anymore, though. Would she ever have more children as a way to make up for how she fucked up raising Shida and me? I doubt it, but the thought remains. I don't think I would care unless she forgot about us. Then I'd care. Strangely enough, we could totally get pregnant and have kids at the same time. That would be weird.

My thoughts were now whirling with 'what if' scenarios. Sleep tugged at my eyelids, not helping me slow down my thoughts. I sat beneath a large tree, leaning up against it's trunk. For a while, I just sat there and pondered my thoughts. Gradually my thoughts did quiet, and I fell into a blissful sleep under the tree...

itty bitty posty for auri to find her dagger!
she belongs to the fire
Image Credit
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

She gasps for air, but none fills her lungs. 

The vixen runs on pale paws, her time is almost up. They’re coming for her, they’ll be here soon. With every step she bounds, the blood from her wounds staining her alabaster fur red. She trips, rolling head over tail through the forest, spattering blood on the trees, the branches, and the grass. The vixen finds her footing, breaking back into her run, though she is slowed even further. 

The knife she carried between her jaws had been placed hilt down in it’s sheath. She had stabbed herself. But there is no time to waste, the vixen can’t let them get a hold of the knife. 

Then they’ll know…

Her mahogany eyes dart around wildly, rapidly, looking for a solution as she limp-runs around trees and fallen branches. She is almost numb to the pain. Though excruciating, it is no worse than what they will do to her and her family if she is caught. 

But then she sees it. Her savior. A pale cream figure, large dark wings, and a horn. It is curled up on the forest floor, supposedly sleeping for the night. The vixen’s heart races as she leaps towards the horse, tossing the knife and its sheath at the strange equine. The vixen does not wait for the horse to say something. 

“Take it,” yelps the vixen, turning to leap in a different direction. She does not wait around for the horse to say anything, she simply uses her last bit of strength to flee. She will run till she dies. 

The white vixen then vanishes into the night, never to be seen again.

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
Auriel
My dreams are filled with butterflies and hellhounds bounding across a pond. It's snowing, but the flakes never seem to hit the water. When I try to follow the butterflies and hellhound across the water, I sink. They don't even look back at me. They keep going, making soft ripples on top of the water. I try to call out to them, but I can't speak. I can't do anything but watch them run away without me.

I'm jolted from my strange dream by the feeling of something small being thrown at my wing, near my shoulder. I let out an agitated snort, my smoky exhale particularly ominous. When I look over, I see a small, white shape. Sleep still blurs my vision, so I don't see exactly what it is. I consider the fact that it's an angel, but it's blotched with red and too tiny to be an angel, I think. It makes some strange noise at me, then leaves as soon as it came.

My pale brow furrows, blinking sleep from my eyes and standing up wearily. Was I hallucinating? I don't remember taking anything. I had vowed not to dabble in that sort of thing after watching what had happened to my father. Sure, the temptation was there every now and then (I am his daughter, after all), but I had resisted it well.

When I look down, I see there is blood where the tiny pale figure was. It couldn't have been a hallucination, then. I notice then the small item that had been thrown at me by the pale figure. It looks to be a dagger, but it's cover in blood. I frown, picking it up and removing it from it's sheath to wipe the fluid off.

It's little, and gold, with a white hilt and floral designs to match it's sheath. I move to place it back in it's sheath, but I find that it doesn't fit well with the hilt turned upwards. I place it with the hilt down, though, and it's a perfect fit, it's tip sticking out quite dangerously. I don't believe the little figure will be coming back for it anytime soon, so I strap it to my left cannon. I would hang onto it for the white thing I had seen, till it needed the dagger back.
she belongs to the fire
Image Credit
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.