the Rift

[PRIVATE] time don't always make things better

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare

Elsa
My head's underwater, but i'm breathing fine.

The chill had finally settled. There was a bitter cold that began to build up within her bones. Yet this year… it was a little more bearable. Having Auriel back was a reprieve from the anger and sadness that had plagued her. It was like a little piece of her heart was stitched back. No matter how bad the patchwork, a mending heart is better than a broken one. Yet, with Shida gone, there was still a hole. Her spot, unlike Oxy’s couldn’t be removed and stitched together to heal. Her heart piece was stationed around the center, with her sisters. They were a core part of who she was, and while they were at odds, she would be fighting some of herself.

Elsa stood near the cliff face, looking down at the waves. They suddenly felt less comforting, and her urge to take a plunge was dwindling. So she just watched them hit the rocks, the distant roar providing white noise to cover all of the thoughts in her brain. This whole new world still hadn’t quite set in yet, and quite frankly, she was still unable to believe that she could support everyone. She couldn’t even support herself for God sakes. For now, it would have to do. At least now she had some control over what went on, and she was bound not to let history repeat itself. If she was ever going to lose the Edge, the Edge would be her final resting place. She would not let it be tainted, like the Falls had been. 

Edgar rolled onto his back on her rump, watching the sun fall out of the sky. He could hear his bonded’s thoughts, and it was often like a story playing out in his head. He could see her standing there, fighting, bleeding, and dying for the sake of others. It was unfortunate that the “druggie” as he dubbed him, was the only one able to see beyond her rugged exterior. She had lost a lot, and it won’t matter how many times she tries to pull herself out of it. Without that other half, the one who works to support her, she will never be able to drag herself out of the hole. Right now, she was clinging to the side, and all she needed was someone to come pull her out. He was grateful that Auriel had come home, because she would hold Elsa up as long as she was here, so she wouldn’t slide back down into the pit. Elsa was too weak, and she was screaming for help, so why did so few recognize that?

@Tembovu

"their speech goes here and this is the color

code © tamme, picture © chan
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
the happy ending depends, of course...
He meandered along the cliffs, weaving in and out of the trees that flirted with the crumbling limestone edges. Heavy, ivory hooves had come to know the feel of which ground to trust and which ground would tremble and fall under his immense weight. So it was a nearly mindless, yet harrowing, endeavor to walk over the sea.

Thoughts filled with a multitude of things, mainly of his recent encounter with the Hidden Fall’s spy— should he go visit the Falls? He had no bargaining chips for an alliance, and there was no hostility between the herds… So was an outright alliance necessary, just yet? And what of the Basin. Mauja’s negotiation with the Reaper had fallen flat. And the Elephant had no love for the mountain-bound herd…

His distracted eyes alighted on the slender, athletic body of Elsa, his Queen of ice. Her glistening blue-white wings were a welcome sight to interrupt his heavy thoughts. Even the impish Edgar was a refreshing relief. A grin crossed his black and ivory face as he came up alongside the wintry woman. “My lovely Queen, will you grace me with your presence?” The humor rumbled in his deep voice as he halted his towering form beside her sleek one.

But his grin faded as his dark blue gaze took in the drawn expression on the pale face. Her eyes, one milky and scarred, were haunted, despite their sapphire beauty. His gaze followed her own, to the rocky and frothy sea below. Vaguely, he was surprised that the sun was setting— where had the day gone? Though more important matters loomed in his mind: namely, the look on the striking woman’s face and the suspicious stare she gave the sheer drop beneath them.

“Elsa?” His voice was lower, quieter now, dark brows creased with concern, “How are you?” He did not ask if she was okay— because how could one be after losing her children? He remembered her gaunt appearance in the Edge when he and Erthe had greeted her. Although it would not be ‘okay,’ there could be parts that were good. And he could only hope that the good parts were starting to outnumber the bad. That’s really all one can hope for in this madness we call life.
...on when you end your story.
image | bckg

@Elsa

Please tag Tembovu.

Elsa

She could hear him approach before he even arrived. It was almost like she could feel the pressure, almost like she was stuck in a trap. The little knowledge he wielded was enough for her to fear a conversation with him. Erthe, himself, Auriel and Shida were the only ones that saw a glimpse into the darkness of her life. Auriel had forgiven her, and on some level, Shida had forsaken her. For him to even know the tiniest amount of information was unsettling.

Inwardly she cringed as he approached. He sounded so happy, humorous even, but again that was replaced. Maybe she’d even appreciate his humor if she wasn’t in such a terrible mood. So his happiness was quickly replaced because of her problems. Just like she had done to Edgar. She looked down and away for a few moments, contemplating on how to answer. There were numerous ways she could go about it, but somehow any way was still uncomfortable. Edgar, on the other hand, was happy to see him. He flipped over, hopping on Elsa’s back and waving his wings in a jubilant hello. ’Be nice. He not ass.’ Edgar hissed, turning Elsa’s attention toward Tembovu. All she did was look and shrug. ”I’m not going to jump if that’s what you’re worried about.” She said dully, kicking a stray stone down into the water. It made a few clicking noises as it bounced off the cliff before being consumed by the sea.

She backed up a few steps, turning to face him. What did he want to know? About her children? ”I found my twins. Auriel moved in. Shida wants nothing to do with me. They grew up without me. I’ve accepted that I’m hardly a mother.” Again her voice was dead, falling flat at the end of her little statement. The truth hurts. ”How is Erthe? I still haven’t been able to apologize for upsetting her.” Maybe for a moment she could turn the conversation away from herself. If she could divert his attention, he’d forget. Although the chances of that happening seemed slim. And an Elephant never forgets, right? Her gaze wavered to his for a moment, before looking away again. Somehow, eyes just seemed too personal and close.

ooc;; i have no idea why the table is weirding out ;-;

He grinned briefly at Edgar’s exuberant greeting, dipping his massive horn in a silent ‘hello’ to the mischievous zephyr. Though he returned his gaze to Elsa as she spoke, then watched the stone she kicked down the cliff, following its disastrous path with his navy eyes. He quietly studied its final resting place for a few moments, the last of the ripples and splashes quickly swallowed by the ravenous sea.

Then, riveting his attention back to the snow touched mare, his low voice rolls firmly, but softly, “It’s not just a jump that I’m worried about.” Indeed, her ‘jumping’ could be saved by the loft of her wings. But would she use them? And there were destructive ways to agonize oneself that did not include taking one’s life. Dark blue eyes narrow slightly as he studies her, the markings on his face creasing with the returning concern at her dull words.

But then she faced him, dead truths falling flatly from parted pink lips. Despite her toneless voice, the bluntness with which she spoke seemed to push him away. Away from her past, her conversation, her being. But then the words she spoke finally sank in— she found her twins?! His ears perk forward, surprise widening his eyes and raising his brows. He was not to be put off of the topic by questions after Erthe or toneless voices.

“If you looked for, found, and reached out to them, then you're more of a mother than you know,” his words rumbled in a combination of observation, gentle rebuke, and approval, “You cannot go back and change the past, and there’s nothing to be made for dwelling over the failures in it. But you can create a future.” He found himself telling her the doctrine he was trying to adhere too. Easier said than done, apparently.

“But I am glad to hear Auriel has joined us, and you, in the Edge,” his voice grew lighter, happier as a smile once again grew on his muzzle. “And Erthe is fine, she’s a remarkable little filly,” one could not mistake the pride in his voice over the pearly hybrid yearling.

He watched for her sapphire gaze, and found it only once before it skittered away from him in either nervousness or uneasiness. Ears swiveled sideways as his own indecision hovered over him, before he swept it aside and took his questions to the air, “Elsa, forgive the probing question, but what of your children’s father?” He knew how personal and deep he might be delving, but she was his Queen. Surely he should know at least something of her history in Helovia. Was she entitled to asking him such questions?

Careful, Elephant. Turnabout’s fair play.
image | bckg

@Elsa

Please tag Tembovu.

Elsa
Ha. Clever. Not the jumping your worried about? I think, fair Tembovu, your thoughts have been misplaced. In fact, her jumping may have solved a whole plethora of problems. Either dead, or gone, at least the vacant hole could be filled by those who most certainly wanted her out of it. Elsa was a stranger in her own land, and hardly knew anyone. Hypothetically, she was much like Torleik herself. Although present, she stuck to the background, and blended into the scenery. There was nothing spectacular or memorable about her, so why should she be a beacon of strength? To the point, a dead emotional time bomb was better than a live one. No one would have to worry about cutting a fuse.

She thought of all this as he tried to pull her out of the little hole she had dug herself into. Just because she completed something didn’t mean she did it well. Sure, she found her children, and reached out, but that still didn’t make her any less of a failure. If anything, it reassured the thought that her love was a lost cause. No one wanted it from her, and even when she begged her own daughters to take it, they were reluctant to join such a cause. The only good thing throughout that whole mini spiel was that Erthe was okay.

And with that silence filled the space. What else did she have to say? Her story was hardly interesting, unless you’re the kind that enjoys a pathetic soap opera. So the last thing she expected was the question about their father. Her body visibly stiffened and her tail stopped moving. Even Edgar stood rigid, slowly looking down at Elsa’s face. She had already quickly thrown up a wall in their bond, effectively keeping him out of her mind. He quietly turned his head to Tembovu, not quite sure why he would want to know. He obviously knew whomever he was, he was not present. Elsa was not the kind to just sleep around for the fun of it. She was a monogamous girl, and that meant that Oxy was obviously distant.

But now everything came crashing back. Ever thought of love, that feeling of pure ecstasy. Joy. They were so many emotions that had been buried beneath the earth, but they were crawling their way back out of their tomb. Her teeth clenched together as she tried to piece together a response. What did he want to know? Why did he want to know? Stiffly she turned to face him, head cocked ever so slightly as she shuffled her wings in agitation against her side.  “He isn’t here. If that wasn’t obvious enough.” She said, her voice as hard as a rock. Biting, and threatening to unleash a landslide if he wasn’t careful. She would not break down on him, and her only other form of emotional release was pain, anger, yelling. Neither side would be pretty. “You know that invasion that I ran from? Or at least that one occurred that led to Mauja and Torleik being crowned kings? Yeah, well, lets just say he led them in to help me.” Her voice was venomous, full of hate and love all at once. Edgar shifted nervously, crouching down on Elsa’s head. He had no forewarning of her emotions, and no matter how hard he banged at the mental wall, it was not going to fall.

“I guess that’s what happens when I fall in love with an addict. It never ends well.” She laughed hollowly, exhaling harshly the breath she had been holding in for a while. The worst part about living on a high was that the crash was inevitably painful, and inside, she felt like part of her had died without him. And there it was, still floundering around her body, trying to spread its virus to consume her whole being. She had cut so many ties, so many friendships, to stop the spread of the necrosis. “And it fucking hurts.” She murmured, shaking her head again to try and rid her brain of the thoughts. “Sometimes I wished I wasn’t so set on loving one. If only I could be as loose as everyone else, the abandonment wouldn’t hurt so much.” That was her belief, to a precipice. Those who slept around hardly had a difficult time finding a love to curl up to at night. They didn’t have to fight to be seen. They had someone to help support them, to guide them through. And if they got left? Well, they always had a backup. “To answer your question, I have no idea where he is at. He left me. I guess that’s enough information for me. I don’t want to know why.” She finished, her voice cracking as she glanced back down at the ocean. She was wrong, the waves looked much more inviting now. Being alone, she was reminded, was much more painful than life. “Is that all you want to know? Believe me, if you want any more information you’re going to want to ask now before I lock that shit away again.” She added nonchalantly. What more could he possible want to know? Then again, her tendency to ignore everyone made her blind to what was curious to others. They wanted answers, and she just wanted an escape. Maybe he wanted a similar question, but she didn't think to do that. She existed within herself only.

Her reaction to his gently asked, but still deeply probing question, was plainly visible. The soft snow of her coat turned to glaciers as her muscles grew rigid, Edgar standing equally rigid upon her rump glowering at the King. Though he stayed silent, waiting for her to formulate a response in those clenched teeth.

He regained her gaze, now an arctic blue boring into his placid, navy pools. Her wings ruffled as biting and bitter words tore at him. His ears twitched at the venom in her voice, but only when she revealed the betrayal of her children’s father did the calm waver on his marked face. Brows knitted in subdued concern, finally beginning to understand beyond the mother that lost her children. A ripple passed through his azure, serene pools.

Instinctively, at her hollow and grating laugh, he took a half-step towards her. Though he wasn't certain that this was the wisest of choicest, given the poisonous rage emanating from the Icebound. “Sometimes I wished I wasn’t so set on loving one. If only I could be as loose as everyone else…” She voiced the same sentiment that he, himself, had felt shortly after arriving to Helovia. He had acted on such urges, only to feel wrong, confused, and hurting those he cared for. A soft sigh escaped his flaring nostrils, “If only we could,” the quiet, sadly honest words were out of his pale muzzle before he could censor them.

But she continued, fully answering his question with cracking words and downward glances. This was so similar, yet so different, than Mauja’s revelation on the gods’ black rock. Except, where his speckled friend was lost in a sea of loss, Elsa was hatefully battling winds of despair. Trying, and failing, to shed the pain, she attempted a nonchalant question towards him. Quietly he studied her face, the sadness and internal hatred that raged beneath beautifully sapphire eyes. But sapphires were hard and sharp stones.

He wanted to open his muzzle and give an apology— for what, though? That was useless and pointless, he could not apologize on behalf of this ‘addict’ that had held and pummeled her heart. And it wasn't an apology her heart needed— it was reparation. There were few that could provide the mare this… perhaps her children? Or only the child that chose to join her in the Edge. Auriel, was it? He would have to seek out this equine, to ensure that Elsa should be around her and that he/she was not some vindictive, spiteful child.

Not realizing the inherently protective turn his thoughts had taken, his eyes did not leave Elsa’s face as his low voice quietly answered her question, “Yes, that’s enough, for now.” He paused, continued to study the winged Queen, “Though ‘locking it away’ might be easier, it perhaps isn’t the wisest of choices… You do, after all, have a herd to look after, now. You are anything but alone.” A shadow of a grin crossed his face as he alluded to her new crown. Then, perhaps taking his life into his own hooves, he deliberately and carefully reached out his muzzle to gently bump it against her slender, muscular shoulder. He didn’t know if she would allow it, but his Queen needed some sort of non-violent contact.
image | bckg

@Elsa

Please tag Tembovu.

Elsa

Enough? Part of her cringed at the very thought of that being considered enough. That was hardly the surface of her problems, and the rest ran so deep. They suffocated her, crawling around her heart and squeezing it till it exploded. Maybe he did understand her loneliness, and the feeling of wanting to be wanted, but all in all, that did nothing. He did not know her like she wished- no one did. No one noticed her little quirks, or the subtle attempts to keep everyone happy even if it was at the expense of herself. She was incapable of revealing herself, and even now, when she released a fraction of her problems, Tembovu silenced her relentless rant. 

It didn’t matter if he thought locking it away was a bad decision. She didn’t have another choice. It was either that or she rip her heart out and set it out so everyone could watch it rot away. None of that was Tembovu’s fault, but even if he wanted to know, she wouldn’t reveal such things until he asked. It was a burden she would not lay upon unwilling shoulders.

That’s whom she could love- if that time ever came. The one who was strong enough to accept that she wasn’t perfect was the one she needed. She needed someone to help carry her weight. She needed someone who loved her, and not because she was a replacement for drugs or mandated because she was their mother. Elsa needed an unadulterated true love that wouldn’t leave her. Having someone walk out on her again would just make her wither away into a pile of ash. The moon goddess even seemed to be fooled by her exterior. Without another half, she was practically useless. A walking shell that mindlessly did what the world expected her to do.

And that’s why she seized against the contact of her muzzle. In an uncontrollable reaction, she shied away from his touch. And once again, she felt so alone. Shamefully she let her wings fall slack again. He didn’t deserve a queen who was so broken. She would do nothing but disappoint him in his endeavors to succeed. Had she liked his touch? Is that why she recoiled so? Is that why she was so afraid to even breathe around him anymore? The blood rushed to her face as the muscles there contorted in absolute confusion.

She couldn’t keep shoving others away though. By now Edgar had left, unable to deal with this barbed and broken encounter. He didn’t want to see Elsa lose the respect of another, because every time she did this that seemed all she would get in return: loneliness.

So in an attempt to fix it, maybe ensure him that at least for today she wouldn’t jump, she reached over her muzzle. Ever so gently she moved toward his cheek, pressing lightly if he hadn’t already run for the hills. Her lids fell shut, and she maybe lingered a moment too long before she released him from her toxic touch. ”Thank you for listening… but I- I need to go for now.” She never even tried to meet his gaze from then on. Turning swiftly she headed back into the loving embrace of the darkness. ”And don’t promise me something you can’t keep.” She murmured to herself. As much as she wanted to believe she wouldn’t be alone, she knew that was an inevitable truth.

@Tembovu  tagging because of the wait! so sorry, but I figured this was a good wrap up point and they can thread about the spar and stuff whenever you're ready. ;3

As he reached out, the white skin beneath his black lips hardened and disappeared, moving away from his gentle touch. His head turned away and his eyes closed in a longer than necessary blink, internally tamping down the— embarrassment? awkwardness? chagrin? — that suddenly smoldered in his great chest. But it was short-lived as his sadness for his Queen promptly settled its great weight over any other emotion. The woman was so broken by this ‘Addict,’ was so filled with self-loathing, that she shied away from his comforting touch? The Elephant felt his jaw ache to clench, unreasonable anger towards the Addict unfurling in his barrel. “I’m sorry, Elsa—” his low, quiet apology was barely audible… and he wasn’t sure if he was apologizing for his touch, for her sorrows, or some other intangible thing.

He had not realized Edgar had left— so the pert zephyr’s absences went unnoticed by the King. Perhaps, had he seen his departure, the giant may been able to understand that this was habitual for the Icebound. That pushing others away was her way of protecting herself. Then again, perhaps this may have been too much of a leap for the Elephant. Regardless, he did not see the companion leave— his eyes and thoughts were too focused on the glacial mare before him.

But it seemed that some of Elsa’s ice had melted, as suddenly there was a cool and soft velvet lightly brushing his broad jaw. It stayed for a breath, then a breath longer— and then it was gone. An ear flicked sideways, towards her, before his great head and deep eyes followed suit and swiveled back to face her.

He had lost her sapphire gaze, which skittered around his as she hastily spoke and made a retreat. His words had been frozen by the unexpected softness of her touch, so it is in silence that he listened and watched her retreat. But his deep words return, said mostly to himself as the Icebound disappeared, “A promise I make,” the low words are resounding, holding more truth than any in Helovia know, “Is a promise I keep.”
image | bckg

ooc| @Elsa sounds good! I'll get that up ASAP, sorry it's taking forever. Also, I love her ;-;

Please tag Tembovu.