the Rift

[OPEN] Frogs & Ptarmigans | Welcoming!

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
Orange Moon had finally arrived in the Aurora Basin, and with it came the near forgotten chill that accompanied the change of seasons in the great north. Snow had been falling for some time now, erasing any evidence of the life that flourished in the tundra during the warmer months. For many it was bitter and unforgiving, but for the star girl, it was home. It had only been a year since she had made the long journey to this place. She had nearly starved to death in the outskirts outside Helovia, before wandering into the Threshold and being ushered to the Basin by d'Artagnan. She hadn't seen the stag for a while now, and she hoped to see him again soon and thank him for rescuing her.

This journey had been a long one, especially with the little legs and a curious heart slowing them considerably. But Ki'irha didn't mind. In fact, she enjoyed the jovial nature of the trip. Along their way, she told the girl of their leaders. Though the blue barely knew the lords and lady herself, she still respected their reign. But she assured Hyzenthlay they were all very nice, and desired to protect her, as well as the rest of the herd. She told her about her own friends in the Basin, of the wise Ashamin and the gentle Enna.

As they passed over the Frostbreath Steppe, snow had begun to fall softly. They cut their way over the land, their path carved into the freshly fallen white. In the distance, the looming sentinels stood guard at the entrance of the Basin. She walked slowly, unsure of the babe's energy as they finished the last stretch of their journey. The metal giants grew larger still the closer they came, and she hoped they would not startle the filly. They were certainly a sight.

A single blue ear twisted on its poll as a sound caught the corporal's attention. She turned her head, looking at a gnarled bush not too far off. The slightest crunch of dying leaves and a soft coo told the attentive warrior an exciting moment waited a few steps ahead. She smiled, before casting her silver gaze at the child. "Watch this," she whispered. "Tell me if I've done it right."

Turning, she began to creep towards the bush. She dropped her crowned head low, ears turned back. Her tail twitched, the tassle flicking. Her steps were slow, deliberate, avoiding anything that may betray her position. It was comical to see the proud corporal slink forward like a hunting cat. She paused, waiting a moment, before letting loose a triumphant whinny and bursting forward into the bush. From it flew several shocked ptarmigans, their brown summer feathers marred by the white they had begun to show for the change of seasons.

She laughed as they disappeared, and she untangled herself from the brambles. "How was that?" she said, trotting back to the unusual filly. Though there were certainly no frogs in this climate, the blue was certain the girl would find other means of entertaining herself. There was plenty to keep an adventurous heart busy.

"Come along, we're almost there. I'm sure you're ready to rest." Soon they stood beside the great sentinels. In the cold they creaked, a thin layer of snow covering their sloped backs. "These great beasts help protect our home," she began. "You need permission to enter, or else they might come to life. But no need to worry. Since I invited you, you'll be okay." Truth was, Ki'irha couldn't exactly invite her to stay. Someone with more power needed to provide her freedom to join the Aurora Basin herd. Silver eyes scanned the horizon, hoping to catch a glimpse of someone who could welcome the girl in. Someone who could welcome her home.

Talk
OOC// A welcoming thread for @Hyzenthlay . Reaching out to @Thranduil @Hotaru and @Deimos or anyone who can officially accept her!
I’ll taste the night sky —
     AND FEEL ALIVE AGAIN
image credits
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Hyzenthlay Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

H
Y
Z
E
N
T
H
L
A
Y
Dun Dun dun…dun. Dun. Dun dun dun. Dun. Dun. Dun dun dun.

Adventure music played nonstop inside my head as Ki and I traversed over the land to our home. My new home. Yeah sure it was sad to know that mama and papa didn’t find me right away, but surely some day they would! It was only a matter of time. As long as I stayed here in this land they would definitely have no troubles finding me, right?

Ki spoke and lectured as we ran across fields, jumped over hills, and flew towards someplace where the temperature was gradually falling. She told me about the leaders of her herd…our herd…and then kept saying how nice they were and how they would protect me. Then she went on to talk about some of her friends and boy I was became so giddy with excitement that I took a quick little side-adventure, where I met a boy Tiberius, and then quickly caught up to Ki again before she even realized where I had been hopefully.

White stuff fell from the sky more heavily now. Snow Tiberius had called it. Snow…

Curiously, I blew air at a few flakes that were close to my face and as soon as I did they went fluttering and sputtering in little curly q’s away from me but still towards the ground. A huge grin grew on my face and I squealed with delight and began romping around in the accumulated snow. That is until Ki stopped and I practically ran right into her leg head on with an audible oof noise escaping me. But it didn’t matter, Ki soon grabbed my complete interest as she spoke to me, telling me to watch what she was about to do.

Green eyes watched unerringly as Ki crouched lower to the ground and slowly made her way towards a bush. I fought to hold back my childish giggles as she mimicked what I had done earlier. Then all of a sudden, Ki sent a loud whinny up into the air and jumped into the bush producing an array of feathers and brown and white splotched birds taking off to get away. Just then the fits of giggles that I had fought back broke loose and ran freely from my lungs, “Yes,” I managed to choke out to her on what little air I was able to breath in, “It was,” I paused as I continued to laugh uncontrollably, “It was perfect!”

Once all the laughter stopped though Ki called out to me to keep going and said that we were almost there. Then she said something about me being ready to rest. Psh. Like I was ready to sleep. Not with all this fun waiting to be had around here! “I don’t need to rest!” I manage to say defiantly right before a yawn plagues me and a mixed look of defiance and admission glazed my face as if I was saying ‘okay maybe I do need rest’.

Wide eyes looked at the metal beings as Ki spoke about them and how they could come to life. But these weren’t wide eyes of fear, no, these were wide eyes of awe followed by hundreds of questions to follow.

“What are they? How do they come to life? Are they animals? How do they protect our home? How’d they get here? Do they have names?”

The questions just seemed to pour from my mouth as if I was asking without thinking, but I was. My mind was just reeling that fast. I wanted to know everything and anything about these great beasts as Ki called them. In fact, the only thing that stopped me from asking more questions was a loud gurgle of my stomach as it protested for food. Knowing Ki had to hear it too I flinched and then gave her a half grin before I took a quick glance for any type of food that I may have known of…but there wasn’t any to be found. No berries, no mama, no nothing. What was I supposed to eat?! Mama and papa couldn’t find me if I wasted away to nothing and died from starvation.

"speech"
notes:: gods i love zen so much.
tags:: none from me.

Image Credit

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk
Thranduil

A cool breeze blew up through the pines and rocks and sent shivers down his spine. Gods was it already getting cold. He snorts and reaches back into the cave. Over his back he pull the familiar wolf skin. Its worn and familiar weight settling with easy. It was also a terrible reminder though. How many years had he stood looking out over this expanse…How many years had he donned the cloak on. A bile built in his throat to think of it, and the heaviness and strain that was growing so familiar lately, builds again over his back. A cloven hoof slams silently on the rock floor, causing Haldir to jump awake from the vibrations. Even though the golden had been unable to rest, but for outside the Basin walls, Haldir did not feel the same restrictions. The gold hadn’t even been back that long. He had only just returned from the south a few days ago, and already he could not stand the mountains again.

So it was rather good a distraction came up swiftly. A shout rings across the vale and it draws the golden and his sleep stag to look out. A child and a warrior stand at the Arch. Harks twist, but he, seeing no others, heads down the slope with Haldir trailing. Through the pines he jogs, coming down the slopes in his own time. Haldir though, excited to finally be doing something besides mopping, lets himself roll into a run down the slope. Nimble, and graceful with blood of his ancestors he trips across the vale, rising up to the Arch while the golden was still a ways off. The stag, no longer a youngster, slides to a halt, and stands erect before the pair, taking them in. His excitement had gotten the best of him, and sent him rushing in too quickly, but the child was there to distract him. The high antlered head dips to the babe who had just babbled out her questions, and looked upon her with such bright joy.

Then the golden came, and he was most certainly not of the same persuasion on the new child. Coming up the rise with a most smooth and bland face, he is without a kind glance to spare. He does not build himself up with airs, does not jog up light on his feet. The weight upon him was too heavy for that. Even the usual thrill of investigating someone new could not break his dull listlessness. Haldir seems to ignore it, and after throwing a glance to his bonded (and seeing no reprimand there), turns back most gladly to the child. The golden for his part nods to the warrior, her name not coming to him, and looks upon the child. It certainly was not one of theirs. Not to mention its bare head. He supposed it was made up for by the practical antlers it shouldered. Perhaps it was lucky for the child to find itself met with him after all. Not everyone here looked upon a bare head without a grimace. Still it wasn’t easy to look upon one so young. His nagging mind was silenced by letting his tassled tail flick and curl he speaks up at last. “Who are you?”

"talk talk talk"
OOC: Welcome! =D

Credits: Image by FROSTIE!

@Ki'irha @Hyzenthlay

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
The babe's laughter set fire to her own soul. Like embers, something deep within her glowed and flickered, and the innocence and freedom that poured from every corner of the little Hyzenthlay took place where coldness had settled. Had she once been so full of questions? She still had a desire to learn, but had she once been a cup that begged to be filled with the secrets and lessons and nuances of this world? When had her light been snuffed, and her head filled with lies and darkness? When had she been told that her questions were ridiculous and unwanted? The blue desired to answer every question, give the little one every answer she desired.

No fear sank into the hide of the girl. More questions escaped her as she took in the sentinels. Rust had chipped away at their edges, and frost had stolen their luster. She honestly knew little of the metal beasts. "Well," she began, tipping her head to the side. "Magic is what makes them come to life. They know when those who live here are in danger. At least, that's what I've been told. They're machines, they're not really alive." She laughed out loud at the last question, a bright laugh that retorted off of the metal frames of the beasts. "I don't believe they have names, no," she said, silver eyes glittering as she looked at the girl. "Though, I suppose they do need names. Maybe you could think of something good?"

Their solitude was interrupted by a lithe form bounding towards them. Though not large enough to threaten the blue, the suddenness of the newcomer was enough to draw the corporal's attention from naming the sentinels to setting into a defensive stance. But a quick assessment was all she needed to recognize the cerndyr as a companion. Though the companion seemed familiar, she could not place him until the golden stag came into view. The warrior relaxed ever so slightly, but stood at attention until the Lord of the Basin was nearly upon them.

Sharing with him the same gesture she showed to all of her leaders, she dipped her head low, the tip of her horn nearly grazing the white of the ground. She folded a leg upwards, completing the neat bow. "Lord Thranduil," she greeted, voice steady and strong. She left her gesture, returning to stand tall, though she stood considerably shorter than the Laurelin."It is an honor to see you again, sir."  It seemed to be ages since she stood beside him briefly and watched the young Haldir play among the fireflies. She did not know him more than brief meetings in passing, and did not expect him to know her beyond her rank.

No expression crossed his face. She watched the stoic king evaluate the girl, the silence festering in the air before he finally spoke. And though she was not one to speak against her superiors, she certainly did not appreciate his gruffness.

"This," she began, finally dropping her sterling gaze from the stallion, "is Hyzenthlay. I found her wandering through the Threshold alone. She says she was with her parents, and somehow became separated from them. We looked for a while, to no avail. So, I brought her here." She frowned, looking back to the buck. "I brought her home to provide safety. The Threshold is no place for a lost child. I was hoping she would be granted permission to stay."

And what if he said no? Surely he would provide refuge to the babe. She couldn't imagine the girl, so full of questions, with not enough answers to get her by on her own, facing the wilderness by herself. "Hyzenthlay, this is Lord Thranduil. He is the Lord of this place, and he protects us. I told you a little about him earlier. He leads us beside Lady Hotaru and Lord Deimos." She smiled softly at the girl, showing no concern, though she desperately hoped that perhaps the blank-faced buck before them, deep down somewhere, had mercy to show.

Talk
OOC// @Hyzenthlay @Thranduil ~
I’ll taste the night sky —
     AND FEEL ALIVE AGAIN
image credits
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Hyzenthlay Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

H
Y
Z
E
N
T
H
L
A
Y
Magic.

That was what Ki had said. The giant statues worked with magic and protected those that lived here. It was so cool! A new land to explore, magic, and lords and ladies oh boy the excitement buzzed through me uncontrollably as Ki talked more about how the statues didn’t have names. I would have paused there for a minute and thought of names had there not been others that came to join us. SOO…. instead I remained there with my little body shivering from both the cold and my excitement.

The first person to join us was in fact not an equine but some sort of deer. He didn’t stand all too tall but his crashing through the green trees took me by surprise a little. He didn’t scare me, just surprised me. Quickly though I was staring at the creature who dipped his head to me and then looked so joyful. A huge grin sprawled across my face as I realized that this was an animal and probably someone’s pet of sorts. But I wondered if he could understand me, or even speak. Hrm. Perhaps I should try it out.

“Hi!” my voice squeaks through my sheer awe, “I’m Hyzenthlay, who are you?”

I wait for just a few minutes before another being enters the area and joins us, only this time it was a stallion and he certainly didn’t seem all that happy. His gaze runs over me with his stern looking face and I couldn’t help but wriggle under it. It was rather uncomfortable, but before I could do anything further he spoke only three words. Who are you?

Like really?! Geez he could have at least tried to have been nicer. But no, he just stood there curling and flicking his looking all tough. Well I wasn’t going to let that get to me. No sir. I was going to be the daughter that mama and papa wanted me to be and just deal with it.

Lord Thranduil, it is an honor to see you again sir.

My mouth was already half open as I was going to reply to him, but Ki’s voice rang out before mine and I could feel my mouth dropping. This guy? THIS GUY WAS A LORD?! But…he seemed…so mean and sour. As soon as Ki began to introduce me to Lord Thranduil, I snapped my mouth shut and watched her as she frowned while spinning my story before him. Instantly I began to pull my head to my chest out of an awkward feeling shyness that formed for only a few minutes before Ki then turned to me and reminded me that she had told me a little bit about him and sent me a soft smile.

Instantly my shyness disappeared and my own grin grew upon my lips as I looked back at Ki and then to the deer and Lord Thranduil, “Mhm, I remember,” I spoke to Ki before turning to the deer who seemed so joyous to see me, “I like you,” I stated as I half ran towards him, “We can be friends okay!”

Then I turned to Lord Thranduil and tried to think of some way that I could perhaps cheer him up or make him nicer but my mind drew blank so I found myself just blurting words out to him, “We can be friends too,” Though the words were much quieter than when I spoke to the deer and Ki they were still very much audible to everyone present. And after I said my words to him I gave him one of the biggest, goofiest grins I could ever give as an attempt to at least appease him in some manner.

"speech"
notes:: sorry for the lateness. sick and holiday stuffs hit back to back.
tags:: @Thranduil

Image Credit

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk
Thranduil

Lord Thranduil. It didn’t give him the usual swell of good tidings, though he could tell she meant it. Instead it sinks in him, like someone probing an already sore blister. His eyes still meet the bowed Corporal without much change, and he listens as she speaks.

Haldir was less patient (or dead hearted, depending on how you looked at it). The girl looks back at him bright and happy the deer returns it. His antlered head dipping playfully and then shaking with all his built up energy. When she speaks he is literally all ears, and seems most delighted. Yet, she had asked a question, and the deer shifts uneasily, his rough adult call coming out low and as soft as he could manage it. Its tone lingering in a tremble like an apology. He was not however shut down by this but instead steps closer to investigate her.

The Laurelin watches the stag, but he does not stop it. He hasn’t the energy. Then the blue mare turns to the other, speaking and it rakes upon him like claws. He protects us. The golden’s back shifts, the heavy load of it reminded to him. How he distasted it. How he hated that this mare or any could say such a thing. And worse of all…Lady Hotaru. His harks visibly flinch at that name. But perhaps the others would think it was a fly or bug? At least if anything, that pain distracted him from the growing uncomfortableness of being in presence with so young an abandoned child.

The speech of that child brings him to look down upon her, though he sees that he is not the processor of her attention. Haldir jerks up when he sees her leap toward him, and his tail wags happily behind. Though he could feel the cold hard stare of the gold behind him, he ignores it. He knows what blocks the golden, what colors his sight, and the stag would not yield to his bonded’s position today. So he remains where he is and at her suggestion his antlered head nods most happily.

When she turns to the gold she’ll find him little changed. Any relief that could come from a distraction is washed away in the consequences for the blue mare’s words. In such a state the child’s friendship with Haldir goes uncommented on. Not even Haldir hears through his bond a word against it. Not that the golden approved of it in the slightest, but he had little drive to break it up. Its only when she speaks to him, in the soft gentle tones, that his attention is fully grabbed by her. His harks lifting and eyes lingering longer. He seems to hesitate for a moment, uneasy, and when she gives her broad grin a brow raises. As if he doubted her. Haldir, seeing into his bonded’s mind snorts, for he see’s how foolish the other is being. Yet it doesn’t change much. The golden still thinks the same. That the child is a fool. That he doesn’t have friends. All shroud in dark mists of the past.

Sighing he turns back to the blue mare, trying to shut out the child, for he still wrestled with her offer. “She may stay.” It was deadpan, and hallow, yet cracked with weariness. “Winter is coming though…” It comes stronger, a warning, laced and cold as the winter wind itself. At it his head rises, signaling the conversation was coming to an end, but his eyes linger on the mare, underscoring the warning’s meaning. Yet he could speak no more on the warning for his own dark thoughts were suffocating him. So he ends it at that. Turning to move away, to haunt the shadows to the side of the Arch, but he stops. Some unsettled presence pushing on him, and he looks back at the babe. “Good luck little one.” It felt strange on his tongue, and rustled his own nerves, so he immediately turns and moves on into the shadows.

Haldir watches the gold go, his fur a little on end with his frustration at the gold. Yet once the gold turns away he looks back to the child. His face was calmer, almost apologetic again with his large ears back and eyes cast down. It was not fair such a sweet babe be shouldered with the dark weights of the past and present. That it feel the full cold brute force of the golden’s mood. Looking to the girl the deer looking quiet reaches out his nose to seal their friendship, to apologize, to make himself feel better.

"talk talk talk"
OOC: Ignore my grumpy man, welcome to the Basin!

Credits: Image by FROSTIE!

@Ki'irha @Hyzenthlay

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.