the Rift

[PRIVATE] go on, say it

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
rexanna
I had a dream you were two towns from me —
I found myself in complete shock and awe at the sight of the land I stumbled upon. It was a place like nothing I had ever seen here in Helovia. Places had mimicked it back home, blood puddles and little lakes tinted with the color of massacres and genocide, but nothing – NOTHING – like this. It smelled of Rift and I wondered if perhaps this was the land that caused that little alabaster filly, Erthe, to get those horrific boils that the Basin had been so safe from. My heart yearned for her and her wounds, such a young age and such a horrifying place to be. But beyond the darkness I felt from this land, there was also beauty. And as I made my way through, moving closer to the falls, I began to realize how much it resembled and reflected me as well. What if this place was perfect until something came along and ruined it?

An image flashed before my eyes of my past mate, his pelt just as red as the waters that fell from the top of the cliff. His personality just as rugged and worn away as the rocks – consistently pelted by the water as it ran across it. Dulling it down. It resembled him in so many ways, and in those many ways I felt my heart beat a little faster. A little bit more broken too. I trudged on, though. Moving swiftly as the sun fell through the trees in this breezy Orangemoon day to land on my gilded coat. Blue eyes glued to the ruby hues of the river that ran from the falls in such a way like birds attracted to mirrors. Once I reached the edge, I peered down at my moving reflection, thankful to see that I stared back.

With that feeling of reassurance within my mind, I stepped back, looking back up over to the falls, ears pinning back out of awkwardness and memories that flooded back in such a way that I wished I hadn’t ever found myself in this land; And hoped to never make a return to it.

"Talk."
— got to sleep,
spent the whole night running.
image credits

@Tilney
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
the fate of glass is to break
Todays exploration took him north towards his former home. Tilney had missed the towering rocky mountains and glaciers very much; their vibrant dawns and dusks were the thing he missed the most. It was incredible how a place snow white could light up with so much colour with each sunrise and sunset. Every morning he could tread from his cave and see a kaleidoscope of colours reflected on the enveloping alps form pinks, to oranges to purple and pale blue. At the Edge, his new home, the light instead filtered through the trees, turning everything it touched to gold. And when you weaved your way through the trees to the cliffs edge you were greeted with a similar array of colour to those he'd seen at the Basin.

Passing by the Hidden Falls took longer then he had anticipated, he had forgotten how large the Falls territory was. This was his temporary home before setting off on his first adventures around Helovia and Tilneys memories of the falls were few and faint. Pressing on, the bronze's enthusiastic strides took him on a rocky path between the Threshold and the Falls. He had always wondered where this trail lead. The path was steep and he could feel the oxygen thinning; Higher and higher he climbed.

Blood filled his gaze as he took the final leap over a marble boulder. Tilneys instincts as a healer made him want to find the cause, cure the ailment in the bloody water but it must of been one powerful trick of nature. His verdant watch widened, taking in each pale rock and sanguine leaf. Something else caught that green gaze though; a flash of gold. Narrowing his irises he focussed on a golden mare, her ears hung over the back of her neck in an awkward, wondering stance. But it wasnt just any yellow fae, it was Rexanna. The spirited mare he had met in the Deep Forest. "Rexanna!" Tilney called over the sanguine flood. Clumsy steps took him swiftly to meet her, ears happily pricked and nostrils flared with anticipation. 

@Rexanna noot noot

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

I had debated on whether or not to leave this land before any other horrific memories crept into my mind. I lowered my head gently, blue orbs closing in the movement, golden chains dancing with each movement as I exhaled a deep sigh. It was too late, they rushed back into my mind. The pain I felt of losing my child, the feeling of being helpless and full of so much anguish and anger. It started to overcome me, swallow me up in the scarlet hole of the Blood Falls. But before I could drown in them, a voice hit my ears. A certain voice I hadn’t heard in what seemed like ages. Had it been a year ago since the last time that iconic voice reached my pearly ears? Had I really had so many events in this last year that I felt like a completely different person upon hearing his voice?

I was shy, but I still turned my golden face to look upon the creature that spoke my name. The tree-marked stag I had once met in the deep forest and the one that oddly enough had such a huge mark on me. I offered him a smile, thankful that he could be my savior from my thoughts and moved quickly over to him. I didn’t know him very well, but I couldn’t contain my excitement of seeing him. I reached out my muzzle to greet his, blue eyes hopeful that he’d accept my hello. “Tilney! It’s been too long, friend.” I spoke with a chime to my voice. Legs planting gently into the earth, bashful eyes hoping that he would accept my ways of calling him friend. “How have you been? Where have you gone? Is everything going well for you?” I couldn’t contain my excitement of greeting an old friend again. I needed to know every little bit about him – my sanity relied on it.

"Talk?"
now remember me,
mistakenly...
image credits

@Tilney

the fate of glass is to break
It wasnt long until he reached her; a few of his lofty strides was all it took. Without her invitation he reached his head over her neck, tightly embracing his friend. They had only met once but their jorney back to his previous home at the basin was one full of laughter and joy. He had noticed the second he laid eyes on his golden friend that she was not in high spirits as she had ben the day they met. She distracted him with quizzes of her own, asking where he had gone, how he had been.
"I've been very well thank you Rex,-" (He didn't seem to require an invitation to start giving her nicknames either it seemed) "I am a nurse at the Edge now!" His front feet left the ground momentarily in the excitement, he couldn't wait to tell her about his new home. He then remembered the gloomy face her saw only moments ago, staring into the bloody water. "come on, walk with me" He gestured away from the water and towards the groves of red-leafed trees that crowded the sky and horizon.

"You don't look happy, Rexanna" He gently whispered, verdant gaze looking her her ocean blue eyes with concern. "What has happened? Talk to me" He pleaded, knowing she would feel like a load had fallen from her whither. Tucking his knees under his belly, he nestled himself at the trunk of one of the vermillion trees right by the waters edge. Flicking his cream tail, he gestured for her to join him. His front legs dangled in the red water, green watch trying to see below the surface. He wondered what was down there in that red, bloody darkness. Had she met an unhappy end with someone? Had a stallion taken her heart and burnt it? There were many possibilities on why his friend was not herself. In truth, He wasn't totally himself either and had things on his mind... or someone on his mind. 

@Rexanna

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

He reached me quickly which allowed a smile to grow on my face like a wildfire. He embraced me and I pressed into him briefly, cheek brushing his chest gently as he was taller than I. He smelled faintly like Tembovu, and if I didn't know any better I would've said he was indeed the Elephant himself. Then, he pulled away and I did the same, breaths intermingling momentarily in the air of the blood falls. He said that he was well, and I nodded to him; full of excitement and happiness that he had been alright all this time. Then, my heart pulsated at the mention of the Edge. He said he was a nurse and I nodded, but my smile faltered slightly and I prayed he didn't see it. I scrambled to place the happy one back on in its place, regardless if I felt the same after knowing he left for the Edge. Why was everyone leaving?

"Come on, walk with me." I followed him, silently. Hooves reaching the flush ground of Orangemoon with a near pristine pace as I accompanied my friend to the base of some trees near the waterside. Eyes lingering momentarily on the scarlet liquid before I drug them back to Tilney. His eyes meeting mine as he said I didn't seem happy. An ear flickered back in a show of my awkwardness until he asked what happened. I dropped my eyes from his reaching emerald eyes. I watched the ground for a few moments before he nestled himself underneath it. Shaking my mane out and flicking my tail away from my legs, I did the same. Laying in the grass gently next to my caramel friend. "It's quite a long story, Tilney." I admitted to him, turning my crowned head to face his. Blue eyes searching for his momentarily, knowing that he would be eager to know what I had been up to. What kind of mischief I had found myself in. I offered him a small smile before my eyes found their way back to the water. "I've been rather stuck in some matters of the heart. It's taken a lot out of me. As well as these Rift battles that happened not too long ago. I don't know where they came from or why, really, but we ended up having to fight alongside the Gods to keep Helovia safe. We were successful, but there were some of us who didn't make it. I met a lot of people from them, though. I also broke some hearts from my sudden change of heart." I admitted, ears flickering in frustration with myself. I breathed out a sigh before turning my gaze onto my friend, hoping that perhaps he would be the one to understand and help better than anyone else.

"Talk?"
now remember me,
mistakenly...
image credits

@Tilney

tilney
and oh, there is more to this life

As they lay under the bloody trees, Tilneys green gaze stayed on his golden friend. She explained her pain, and his pair of verdant eyes narrowed on Rexannas. Tilney understood the pain she must be in. She had fought, lost friends, and by the sounds felt as though she had betrayed her fellow herdsman. The buck hadn't heard much at all about these Rift wars; only that they had happened during his time between Basin and Edge where he had adventured for a whole two seasons.
Also these matters of the heart she spoke of... He wondered who had interfered there. For a moment he could only sigh and shake his lofty crown. Mares. It then crossed his mind that if it was her heart she had given and it had been returned in a ghastly state, it was not her to blame, but a silly stag. 
"You have lost friends, that in itself must be incredibly hard to cope with. Grief will tear at you heart, it's hard to stop" He murmured, his eyes falling from hers and finding the red water.

"You mustn't blame yourself for your change of heart; I'm sure it was for the right reasons. You did what you must. Now though, you can only look forwards. No more looking back. The wars were terrible but they're over and gone. Try not to let it dwell. When I'm sad I like to admire the birds or the trees... They're so beautiful and no one seems to notice.... how sad they must be" Tilney spoke, his nose raising to gaze at the red canopy.
"Now... These matters of the heart you speak of, what has happened? Which foolish young buck took your heart and retuned it in some unsightly state?" His tone was almost angry, as unusual as that was for Tilney. It frustrated him, the thought of anyone being cruel to this girl who was so sweet.

image credits

@Rexanna

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎