the Rift

journey | Kiara

Breeze Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
He listened to her tale with his creamy ears flicking and his black eyes locked on her face. He thought she was so brave to stand and fight for her right to a home. He himself would never have the guts to set foot on a battlefield. He could help patch up the soldiers afterwards, but the thought of fighting for his life scared the living daylight out of him. He was no fighter and would never be. Oh, how ironic it would be if he knew his mother’s story. And she, if she was alive, would have smiled at how alike her son’s path was to what her own had been. She would be glad though, that Kiara wasn’t a scary hawkeyed pegasi with her mind set on nothing else than revenge. Even though Buzz had learned to love Dalibor in a way she had been immensely happy with Al-Shahin the last year of her life. And that was what she would have wished for her son; a normal and steady relationship with a kind, sweet girl… just like Kiara was.

"You silly girl!" Breeze said lovingly and touched his muzzle to the soft hollow just by the corner of her mouth. It felt so good to touch her and his tired brain didn’t manage to keep track on what was proper to do or say so he just did what he felt like. But the smell of blood on her was to prominent for him to be able to forget the world and just stand there breathing in her sweet scent. So he pulled away, looked her in the eye and said: "Let’s go back then." Breeze gave her a warm smile and with the rising sun to his right he started trotting north.

The young buck set a pace they could normally hold for many hours, but he figured Kiara was a bit worn, even if she had run all the way to the Throat mostly on adrenaline, so he expected her to get tired sooner rather than later. And even if he hadn’t done much to tire his body the last 24 hours Breeze himself was quite tired from the sleepless night, but he thought they would go on for as long as they managed.

"Kiara, have you ever heard of Isilme?" he asked her while they left the oasis behind them. "You see, my parents were from there. Well, my dad was actually from some distant land of red sand, but he lived in Isilme for a while. And my mother was born there. They told me that when the land was taken over by undead horses many of those who lived there escaped and found refuge in other places. Have you ever met anyone from Isilme?"

He tried to keep his eyes from traveling all over her compact body, but with his brain so tired it was hard to keep the thoughts from wandering and thus his gaze to land on something he felt joy and excitement in observing. She was indeed one of the most beautiful things he’d ever seen. Especially her eyes, he loved her eyes. But what exactly was love?

They left the desert behind and the sand was soon traded for cold, and in some places frozen, ground. Frostfall was upon them and Breeze had a feeling it would be a harsh winter-season this year. He’d even briefly met the outcasted Sun God and for what he’d seen of the Gods and heard of the Sun’s rage the divine creatures didn’t really think like the mortals did. For example a few years must feel like weeks in a God’s perspective so maybe the siblings would let their brother cool off for a decade or so without thinking twice about how much time that was in a mortal’s time span. Breeze didn’t linger on the subject though; to linger on Kiara’s fine bodice was far more interesting for the young stallion.

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily

Just being close to him, Kiara had begun to relax. Her mind did not focus on the fact that she would soon have to return to the World's Edge. For right now she was here in Dragon's Throat, with Breeze. But why did he matter so muh to her? The young roan did not understand the affection she had for this creamy knight with wings. Surely it could not be love? Could it? Her mother had spoken of being in love once, but it all changed when Kiara's father had forced her mother to carry Kiara.... From there well the situation had not gotten any better. Had that been why she had sent Kiara running?

Her face grew hot but she did not pull away as Breeze called her silly and then touched her. She welcomed the feeling of his muzzle against her. She was almost sad when he pulled away. "Let’s go back then." Her body wanted to protest to traveling all that way again, but instead she stepped forward as he turned to nibble affectionatly at his mane before settling in walking beside him. The pace he set was perfect for the tired roan fem. It was not to fast, but not to slow either. Then again, walking beside him she felt like she could walk for days.

When Breeze spoke again, she smiled to herself. He spoke of a strange land called Isilme... A place that she had never heard of before. Her ears listened as he told her of his parents and the fall of this place called Isilme. "I can't say i've ever heard of such a place, but if it is full of shadows of the dead.... Surely it can't be a place i'd want to visit anytime soon." They continued to walk, the oasis falling farther and farther behind them. They walked in silence for a time before Kiara decided it was her turn. "I do not know the name of where I come from, and I wonder if my mother did either.... " She paused, taking a deep breath as if to ready herself to tell about the land she had run from. "My mother does not know the name of my father, I doubt she ever will... You see... When she was three, a new leader took over her herd and every mare of age was forced to carry a child of either his or a warrior's... I know not what stallion choose my mother. A year after I was born, my mother hiding me and claiming her child had been a stillborn, that same leader took over the lands..." Here she looked away, to the sky before looking ahead not wanting to see Breeze's reaction to her story. "When he took over the lands, all mares were reduced to nothing more than tools for making more colts... My mother hid me, to protect me. Just after I turned two, a ebon stallion picked her to carry his child. However he followed her, wanting to catch her away from the herd... What he found was where my mother had been hiding me. He instantly told the other stallions and they all agreed. Instead of my mother being claimed that spring... It would be me as a punishment for her hiding me."

She stopped, emerald green eyes daring to look over to her friend, hoping that he was not ready to bolt from her side and leave her to walk back to the Edge alone. "When he came for me, my mother fought him, told me to runaway and never turn back.... Mirage found me collapsed in the Threshold, and i've been under the protection of the Qian ever since..." she offered him a smile "I tell you this... because normally I am terrifed to be around a male, even members of the Qian. There are few, such as Madryn and Maskan that I would trust with my life...." She paused again. "But with you I was never afraid, only shy..." She wanted to say more than just shy, she wanted to tell him he was the one she felt calmest around.... but she figured it would be to much.

She walked on in silence as the temperature grew colder the farther away from Dragon's Throat they became. Her body trembled lightly with the cold, her mucsles trying to become stiff. It seemed that the fight had taken more of a toll of her body than she thought. However she would not stop, not until they reached the Edge.... Unless Breeze would stay with her to rest...

"Speak speak"

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Unregistered
The sun blinded his right eye and he had a little trouble making out her face in the bright light of the dawning day. But it didn’t matter, he could count the hairs on her body only by closing his eyes and imagine her before him. At least it felt like that, like he knew every nuance to her color, every curve and feature of her face. But nothing had a greater affect on him than her voice. She had the voice of an angel and every time he heard it, he felt both hot and cold at the same time.

"I can't say i've ever heard of such a place, but if it is full of shadows of the dead.... Surely it can't be a place i'd want to visit anytime soon."

Breeze laughed and shook his head. He wouldn’t either. In fact he’d promised his parents to never venture near Isilme. He would not break that promise now when they were both dead and gone. Well, he wasn’t sure about his father, but the uncertainty wasn’t much better than the pain he felt when he thought about his mother whom he knew was dead.

Kiara spoke then and her sweet voice pulled him out of his thoughts. He forgot his own problems in the blink of an eye as he watched her face, the best he could with the sun stinging him in the eye. As her story neared its end the roan femme stopped and Breeze did too. He met her green eyes with his own deep pools. He wasn’t sure what his face was displaying, but he tried to let her see his thoughts. He couldn’t say he’d understood all of what she’d said, but he figured as much as when a stallion “claimed” someone it wasn’t something nice.

"It must have been awful. I am sorry you had to live like that." he said, trying to show her how much he cared and how truly sorry he was she’d had to endure such a childhood.

Breeze moved his body closer to Kiara when she started speaking again. He touched his muzzle to her withers and softly he moved his upper lip trying to comfort her. She smiled at him when she spoke of the Qian and he stopped nuzzling her withers to give her a smile back. Then her words changed to contain him and she finished by saying: "But with you I was never afraid, only shy..."

And now even that is fading. He thought, knowing it was true for him too. Not that he was usually afraid of other horses, unless it was a big, mean unicorn with a very scary horn; he didn’t like those pointy appendages one bit. But uncertainty and awkwardness had been his worst enemies while talking to others and he’d only felt shy when he met Kiara. It was almost as they’d been destined to be friends… but Breeze was silently wondering if they were something more. But what was the next step, after friends? He thought about his parents, they had been friends, yes, but friends didn’t just go and make a foal, did they? And how exactly did one make a foal?

As his thoughts about life and the little, next to nothing, he knew about reproduction kept his mind busy they’d left the Dragon’s Throat far behind them. Breeze was beginning to tire and he was very thirsty, so when a crystal clear lake, surrounded by naked willows appeared in front of them he turned to Kiara and said: "We should rest for a while. Not too long though. We don’t want your muscles to get stiffer than they already are." He smiled and nudged her shoulder before he walked over to the water. He lowered his muzzle and drank in deep gulps. It was the best water he’d ever tasted, so cold and crisp; it quenched his thirst right away. Then the young creamy stallion lifted his head and looked to Kiara, it was obvious he was puzzled over something.

"When you said the stallion would claim you, what does that mean? And how could the stallions of your herd just decide that a mare would bear their foal? I thought foals came out of love, don’t they?"

The sun had reached its highest point above them, and in their steady speed they’d covered quite the distance. They would cross the borders of the World’s Edge long before dark and therefore Breeze thought they could afford to rest for a bit.

He had listened as she had spoken, his eyes on her own even with the sun blinding him. "It must have been awful. I am sorry you had to live like that." It had been, but she would not trade it for anything now as long as she still got to meet him. What she could not understand, was why Breeze was so important to her. They were friends right? Did friends act like this when alone with each other? When he moved closer she pressed her body against his. It was nice, to be this close to him and feel the feathers of his wings against her back. They both were quiet for a long time before Breeze spoke again. "We should rest for a while. Not too long though. We don’t want your muscles to get stiffer than they already are." How had he known? With a curious smile she moved to drink as well, the water was much better than any water she had in a while. Perhaps the water was only better when she arrived in Helovia... But then she had gone days without it and needed to drink. This time only a few hours.

It was then he looked to her again, this time questioning something she had said. "When you said the stallion would claim you, what does that mean? And how could the stallions of your herd just decide that a mare would bear their foal? I thought foals came out of love, don’t they?" She looked him in the eyes, her emerald green pools locked onto his dark ones before speaking "The way my mother spoke, was that mares had no right and these stallions did not care for love.... They only wanted more colts so they could have war and take over more lands. She also spoke of love.... The stallion she loved was chased away when the herd was taken over. I wonder if she ever found him..." Her eyes looked to the sky again, just for a moment before back to Breeze. Was this what it was like to be in love? To not want to leave someone's side? To.... want to have a family of thier own? Mentally she shook away the thought. No. Breeze was a friend. Surely he did not love her. Why would he love her? But yet... Why wouldn't he? Her mind swirled in the confusion of so many questions. It only stopped when she stepped closer and lay her head on Breeze's withers with the soft sigh. Magic or not, he truely was a calming force for the young dove.

"Speak speak"

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Unregistered
His ears flicked as he listened to her answer. She didn’t seem too sure about the mystery of love herself and he was glad she hadn’t laughed at his ignorance. They were still young anyways so why should they ponder such vast, life-changing things as love? For love was supposed to turn your world upside-down, wasn’t it? Nonetheless, Breeze was too tired now to philosophize his way to an answer. He let it go.

He’d seen a flash of surprise in Kiara when he talked about her muscles. That made him smile. Of course he knew she was a little stiff, he’d discovered that he could detect the slightest change in her movements. Maybe it was because he knew so well how she usually moved. The only thing that was certain was that somewhere along the road of their quickly growing friendship he’d picked up little thing like that. Like the way she spoke, the way she smelled… the way she walked.

The young stallion followed her gaze towards the sky. He felt no longing for the winds and the clouds when he was standing beside Kiara. In fact his equine blood made him as comfortable on the ground as he was in the sky, he barely even thought about his wings when he wasn’t soaring high above. They always lay so comfortably on his back that he even forgot them from time to time. Now he shifted them slightly, feeling how stiff they were from being trucked to his body all this time.

Breeze gave Kiara a sideway glance. Then he stretched out his wings, rolled his shoulders and discreetly lowered the wing that was closest to Kiara over the roan girl. He kept his eyes on the sky as he gently curved his big owl-wing round her back. His primary feathers touched the ground on the other side of Kiara and the warmth of his body was captured under the feathery cover. Even Breeze himself was often surprised about the size of his goldish and creamy wings, they had grown a lot these last few months and now he was happy about that, because if Kiara if didn’t move away she would be perfectly protected from the cold.

"Do you think the unicorns will try to win the Edge back?" He asked her in a soft voice. The thought of Kiara fighting in yet another battle scared him. If she does I will be there too. he decided. I will ask Onni to tech me about healing herbs and plats and then I will go back to the Veins and quest for a powerful healing magic! I want to keep her safe. The young stallion turned and looked at the girl by his side, a strange determination was painted on his face, the determination of someone who had found his path.

[Ooc; Haha this is so cute! She being the bloodied soldier and him being the worried medic xD]

If love was supposed to turn your world upside down, it had indeed turned Kiara's completely around. None the less, the roan was to tired to keep thinking about such things and just settled for enjoying being aorund Breeze alone. When his gaze followed her own to the sky, she wondered what it would be like to fly... To have wings that would take you to safety mid-battle in an instant. She did not even notice as he stretched out his wings and slowly let one lay across her back and around her side. Kiara only realized it when she suddenly began to feel warmer. It was as if he could read what she needed, and took care of it before she even spoke. Her frame gently pressed closer against his side, feeling as if she had finally found where she belonged.

His voice brought her out of her thoughts however. "Do you think the unicorns will try to win the Edge back?" With a slight frown she spoke. "They fought hard, but we fought harder. All I can hope is that when they come to try and take the Edge back, that the Qian is ready for them." Somewhere deep inside, the fem questioned herself as to if she would rather fight or be on the sidelines. No.... She would fight, as she would not be able to take it watching her new found family get hurt without being able to protect them. After all should any get knocked out.... the unicorns would not be as nice as Mirage and let the prisoners go....

"Speak speak"

Unregistered
Breeze nodded at her answer. He too was hoping that the Qian would be ready, but mostly he hoped the unicorns would stay away, that they were too beaten down to consider a re-match. One could always hope, right?

Kiara seemed to enjoy his wing around her and before he lifted it off her again he squeezed a bit tighter, giving her a sort of hug. He bumped his soft muzzle to her roan neck and said: "Shall we continue?" Then he smiled and started jogging north again.

He thought about what she had told him of her past and wondered why some happened to breeze through life like it was nothing to it and that some had to work and fight very hard to get what they wanted. Life wasn’t fair, that much had been clear for the colt a long time. He guessed he was lucky even though he’d lost both of his parents. They had both loved him till the end and he still had that faint hope of his father being alive. Kiara however didn’t even know who her father was and he guessed she had no idea what happened to her mother after that incident with the stallion.

Breeze knew Kiara couldn’t know what he was thinking, but he still reached out and stroked her neck. "You’re brave." he murmured, his words sounding a bit random.

His nod simply told the girl he had his attention fully on her. Kiara could not help but smile. Never in her short life could she remember when a knight had paid such attention to her. The warmth of his wing around her made the roan feel safe. He used the wing to pull her tight to his side, as if she had not already been pressing her own frame there, as if he was hugging her. "Shall we continue?" Kiara knew they needed to go on, but as the same time she did not want to leave. Quietly she nodded and began to move alongside him.

They moved on in silence, and the young dove began to think. Not everyone seemed to have the same upbringing, and that was a good thing. Breeze seemed to of had two parents who loved him, while she had a mother who would do anything to keep her daughter safe. Emerald green eyes looked to him, wishing she knew how to tell him that the only time she really felt safe was around him. Sure it was clear from the antler marks on her hundquaters that Kiara could fight. Those might make some awesome battle scars one day.... But at the same time Kiara only fought for what she believed in. The Qian had become her family, and they needed a home. Now they would be faced with keeping that home...

It was Breeze's words that brought the fem out of her own thoughts. The touch of him against her nape made her smile. You’re brave." She chuckled a little and shook her head. "Not really... I was scared for most of the battle.... It wasn't until some bay unicorn called me a bitch that I became angry and fought my best. Even at that I teamed up with other members of the Qian to attack..." Kiara did not think she was brave at all. She would never of reared up if the others had not been around. She would not of charged the bay if another had not been there to run along side. She was not trained to be a fighter, just did what she could to help her family at the time...

"Speak speak"

Unregistered
[Can you start in "The Medic's Tent"? :D I don't have much to add here so I'll include it in my post in that thread]