the Rift

[PRIVATE] NEON BIBLE |

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
if there's no one beside you when your soul embarks
THEN I WILL FOLLOW YOU IN TO THE DARK

Return to me, he had said. For a while now you have avoided it, the images of the girl with her dying breath and grieving brother, lost father, the way that you had called your magic to you and felt nothing when it had mattered, when she had been taken from you and you didn’t even know until it was too too late, far too fresh in your mind to have it be picked at by the likes of a wolf, by anyone. All of your promises to yourself of chances, of reclaiming the name of wolf that you had given him, had once again fallen through, and even now, standing still, away from him–away from that yellow gaze that always feels like it knows too much, hides too much, your skin crawls, slithers against your bones, your heart a drum against your ribcage, writhing in anticipation for the moments to come. Even now, you are uncertain of wanting, being ready, to face him, the wounds weaving sorrow in the folds your face where it had not been before, weariness in your mind and heaviness on your heart, in your motion.

"Thranduil!”

You can only hope that the beast chooses not to see these things, that you can temper your responses, hold your tongue in the presence of that which would claim to rule you. With a slow breath you continue, your eyes passively dancing from the silent lake to the trees tipped in fresh snow and everything in between, certain that by now, should he even choose to heed your call, he would be close, as he always has been beneath the mountain’s shadow. “I have completed the task that you set me to, and feel perhaps that I better understand, am better suited, to that which has been appointed to me…” Your words trail, quieting as they continue, unsure of exactly what the wolf-lord had intended in the first place, your body shifting in its place alongside the mirror-lake.

image credits

well this is finally up, i guess XD sorry im such a slow poke
@Thranduil
i ii iii

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

If the healer wanted a time when the gold would both blind and uninterested in digging into her deeper problems she choose a good time to do it. The chilling winds of autumn carried the Laurelin’s name across the vale to the edge of hot springs. There the golden had sought a moment’s respite. Night after night only snitches of sleep would come, and even then it was littered with unpleasant things. He would wake in a jerk, and see no desire to fall into the same dream landscape. So a well worn path had been worked onto his caves floor where his silent hooves had paved. But animals are not built to never sleep. His body began to tarnish, and shoulders sag. Senses dull, and temper sharpen. So when Haldir had suggested, worried for his bonded, that they journey to the hot springs after the usual stroll (more like charge) around the Basin, it had not been denied. They were just about to step into the pools, when his name reached him.

Harks pin back and teeth bare. Insolent cretins. He had a title, a well made powerful one no less, and yet only his name echoed upon the mountains. And yet to such uncaring call he was demanded to answer. To come like a dog called to its master. A growl rumbles in his throat. Another reminder of the weight upon his back, and the lies about the power of the crown he bore. Jogging from the hot springs he comes, at first tense and bristled. But his anger could not last long on his worn body. By the time he reached the caller his gait had broken to a walk and though he tried to counter by holding his head higher, the line and dark shadows about him could not be hidden.

The one the Laurelin meets also does not please him. This mare had practically spat upon him before another at the Arch. A memory which still burned in his mind with sharp flames. Harks turned back as he gathered venom to speak her name, though the tiredness which laced his voice muted it. “Enna” He did not nod, but she speaks at once. Tasseled tail (though low and slow) flicks behind him, finding her whole manner still rude and uncorrected. The fact that she had indeed obeyed his order to set upon her task and shown submission was overlooked. Haldir, sensing his bond’s state and the feelings towards, what he had thought was always a pleasant enough mare, kept his silence and distance.

So what was meant to be a conversation, and in his mind a chance for a bit of light revenge and tease, came down to a single question, which was spoken rather flatly, though with a hint of intrigue. The crowned golden may not have enjoyed her company, but as ever, his curiosity could undermine any mood. “Tell me, how came you by this better understanding?” One hark turns to listen. He doesn’t expect much, but tired as he was, he was not going to let this annoying thorn off so easily.

OOC ::
"speech"

Posting Poetics
Image by the AMAZING Vossity

@Enna

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
if there's no one beside you when your soul embarks
THEN I WILL FOLLOW YOU IN TO THE DARK

“From a beast (she had been anything but, for all the intelligence and worldliness that the tigress had possessed, but you dare not divulge in things that may lead to spark such interest, her existence a secret you always mean to keep) in the Steppe, from a girl that was too close to death, that I may not save everyone.” From my daughter, that you cannot return what has already been lost—, you flinch inwardly, breathing deeply to suppress your mounting grief at the thought, mounting discomfort being under that stare. “From another woman, that there are two sides that one might find in learning to mend; the ability to help, to heal, and the ability to poison, inflict pain, to kill.” The words are said with a shaky edge, the memory of that gray, dull girl attempting to kill something that had done none of you any harm leaving a bitter taste on your tongue. She, too, remains nameless, faceless, in the information that you convey to your wolf Lord, too timid to delve in to the consequences that sharing too much could bring. “From all of this, that I will never know everything, should never stop myself from trying to improve, and trying to learn.” At the very least, you feel utterly stupid (that should please him), your eyes nearly rolling in their sockets as you speak the words. It is the truth, but sometimes things are better left unsaid; this is almost certainly one of them. Once more you deny him the opportunity to pry (unaware of his disinterest to do so) and smile a patient smile, awaiting his stamp of approval so that this meeting that you had dreaded (though you truly do not know entirely why) may come to an end, so that the both of you can slink off to the solitude that no doubt awaits.

image credits

i know thran's not a lead anymore but i wasn't really sure what to do with this?
@Thranduil

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death